What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I really want to have sex but I'm tired... (1 Viewer)

How many times do I need to type the same question?

• Green

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Red

Votes: 32 64.0%

• Total voters

Sabertooth

Footballguy
I don't know if we can post this but anyway here goes. 

I'm laying in bed last night and the wife gets in.  After a bit of small talk she says "I really want to have sex but I'm tired."

Is that a green light or a red light?  Or yellow?

I moved on her - turns out it was a red light.  So I stopped.  But what a womanly thing to say.  

I'm still befuddled.  

So I'm going to start using this one around the house I think.  "Oh man I really want to cut the grass but I'm tired."  I really want to take the dogs for a walk "but I'm tired."  

I think it would work for dang near anything.  

Last edited by a moderator:
 Her comment probably didn’t come out of the blue. She was catching your cues and found a “nice” way of turning you down.

Her comment probably didn’t come out of the blue. She was catching your cues and found a “nice” way of turning you down.
I like the "nice" in quotes.  Perfect. 

To boot she says ... "I was horny earlier."   Only problem is, I wasn't home earlier.  

I think I'll use that one too.

"I really wanted to go to your parents earlier.  But not so much now.  Have a good one.  I'll be golfing."

full on green light, but you're going to have to work for it 
True.  Like I said though...I moved on her.

By work, of course, I assume you mean in the gym...where I've slacked badly.  No doubt last night if I'm sitting at 14% bodyfat, she'd have been far less tired.  

It's all on me.  I've been lazy...so I get lazy in return. 

She didn't really want to have sex.  She just pretending to still want to have sex with you.   Shes laying the ground work for even less going forward but having you think she's still really into you but shes not.    

:confetti:

Sabertooth said:

By work, of course, I assume you mean in the gym...where I've slacked badly.  No doubt last night if I'm sitting at 14% bodyfat, she'd have been far less tired.  

I get that aspect, but I'd wager that all hope was not lost in this situation, as she was at the very least thinking about having the sechs. You could have probably scored a win for yourself if you had targeted and engaged her hot zones and leave her with no choice but to pounce on you, or beg you to pounce on her if she really was tired. :2cents:  

Sometimes it's a red light and she doesn't want you to annoy her by trying. If you try she's upset you don't respect what she says. 

Sometimes it's a green light but she wants you to get her going by trying. If you don't try she's upset you no longer find her attractive and chase after her like you once did. 

There's no way to know which is which. Good luck and godspeed! 

I get that aspect, but I'd wager that all hope was not lost in this situation, as she was at the very least thinking about having the sechs. You could have probably scored a win for yourself if you had targeted and engaged her hot zones and leave her with no choice but to pounce on you, or beg you to pounce on her if she really was tired. :2cents:  
All hope isn't lost.  Like I said, I moved on her.  Failure though.  She "clarified" for me what the phrase "I want to have sex...but I'm tired means."   I stopped listening after five words apparently.  Lol.  

But I seriously need to keep getting in better shape too.   

mr roboto said:
My wife does this. She’s trying to say no in a way that makes it sound like she doesn’t have a choice. 
Same here. If I want some it has to be a morning thing. On the weekends or a day off, while the kids are otherwise occupied (usually breakfast and TV). 

Honestly, at night I'm tired too. But after 20 some years together the spontaneity is gone.

Sabertooth said:

Works the opposite for us. When she goes to the gym more often she's much more likely to be interested. 

But I'm ~5% body fat... 

My wife really does need 8 hours. If she sleeps 6 or less she’s cranky. Sometimes she gets up at 5 to get ready for work. So in bed by 9. 

My kids are barely in bed by 8-8:30. 

Perfect timing to offer the back rub.

A woman never refuses a free back-rub and it almost always leads to sex if you know what you are doing. If you are a ham-fisted bongo drummer backrubber - don't bother.
Can't speak universally, but I can guarantee my wife, if already tired, would be sound asleep if I intiated a backrub here.  Nothing sets the mood like some snoring.

I'm working remotely today so took the opporutnity to ask my wife this question - her response:

"She's actually tired and wants to go to sleep but wants her husband to know that she wants to have sex with him and he is still desirable."

:shrug:

I think my wife just hoodwinked me.  Now she can use this phrase any time and I'll be convinced she really wants have sex with me.

Users who are viewing this thread