What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Board Games--I know there is another thread but I can't find it (1 Viewer)

Courtjester

The Town Drunk
So, I am looking to get back into playing board games and was wondering about some recommendations. We are hoping to find some 2-4 player type games. My wife does not like games that take a lot of time to set up and learn. I made the mistake of buying Arkham Horror a couple years ago and she was immediately not happy with it because it took about an hour to set up and the rule book was an inch thick. I bought Wingspan today because it had some favorable reviews and my wife loves birds. The game store owner also recommended Red Dragon Inn and Shadows of Brimstone. Shadows really interests me as I really want to get back into D&D, but the level of expansion sets really was daunting.

We already own a ton of games (Exploding Kittens, Pandemic, etc). I would love to find a murder/mystery game or I was also looking at Villainous because she loves Disney.

Sorry for the Honda and would love a link to OG thread as there were some great recommendations in that one.

Yahtzee. Games go quick and it’s a great way to teach your kids how to play poker.

Plus, nothing is better than yelling YAHTZEE at the top of your lungs. We play so much here I made a custom box for it and we keep track of wins per family member on the back side of the sliding lid.

Yahtzee. Games go quick and it’s a great way to teach your kids how to play poker.

Plus, nothing is better than yelling YAHTZEE at the top of your lungs. We play so much here I made a custom box for it and we keep track of wins per family member on the back side of the sliding lid.
Pics and plans of the box please.

Sounds fun. Did you buy off Amazon or something?

Wife and I spent 2023 with Rumikub as our game of choice. Kept track of scored for the entire year. It ended up tied 20 wins each with two ties :lmao:

We played a best out of three on new years eve for the tiebreaker and I took her down. :banned:

This year it's Scrabble

Sounds fun. Did you buy off Amazon or something?
we bought the original yahtzee game at target or something. We played so much that rolling the dice into the original box destroyed the cardboard box.

So I made a custom one with wood from the trellis that my wife and I were married under. The trellis was used at our wedding and then was in our yard, where it started to deteriorate from those ******* animals called squirrels.

It was made of a teak wood so I salvaged a lot of the wood and made several things in our house. So some of the wood went to this Yahtzee box.

For those buying Yahtzee these days, watch out for the rounded edge dice that come with those kits. They started including those for some reason and they really make the game play a little unfair. Do yourself a favor and buy a set of square edged dice. It’s a more pure form of the game and what the original Yahtzee games used to be.

Wife and I spent 2023 with Rumikub as our game of choice. Kept track of scored for the entire year. It ended up tied 20 wins each with two ties :lmao:

We played a best out of three on new years eve for the tiebreaker and I took her down. :banned:

This year it's Scrabble
Love me some Scrabble. Unfortunately my wife won’t play with me because her vocabulary is barely extensive enough to play wordle every day.

So, I am looking to get back into playing board games and was wondering about some recommendations. We are hoping to find some 2-4 player type games. My wife does not like games that take a lot of time to set up and learn. I made the mistake of buying Arkham Horror a couple years ago and she was immediately not happy with it because it took about an hour to set up and the rule book was an inch thick. I bought Wingspan today because it had some favorable reviews and my wife loves birds. The game store owner also recommended Red Dragon Inn and Shadows of Brimstone. Shadows really interests me as I really want to get back into D&D, but the level of expansion sets really was daunting.

We already own a ton of games (Exploding Kittens, Pandemic, etc). I would love to find a murder/mystery game or I was also looking at Villainous because she loves Disney.

Sorry for the Honda and would love a link to OG thread as there were some great recommendations in that one.
Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective is a great deduction game.

I will do a video tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Take A look At My Box Fellas!
Nice box!

Cribbage is a really great game that a lot of people know how to play.

7 Wonders is an unbelievably well balanced game.

Settlers of Catan is kinda like table stakes when it comes to games.

I'll never turn down the opportunity to play Risk and drink some beer.

This year it's Scrabble
Love me some Scrabble. Unfortunately my wife won’t play with me because her vocabulary is barely extensive enough to play wordle every day.
Being good at Scrabble doesn’t require a great vocabulary - all you need is to learn all the 2-letter, and a few Q, X, Z and J words.

Last edited:

I will do a video tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Take A look At My Box Fellas!

LOOK AT ME, I DOMINATE WOMEN AND CHILDREN AT A DICE GAME WHILE DRINKING ****TY BEER!!!!1!!

;)

We got a new dice game for Christmas called Doozy Dice. It’s like a variation of Yahtzee but has a card aspect so each game is different. We love it.

Users who are viewing this thread