What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AT40 - This Week In 1971 (1 Viewer)

Uruk-Hai

Footballguy
40. "Battle Hymn Of LT Kelly" - Terry Nelson

WTF? I don't remember this one at all, and I wish I hadn't heard it now. This is worse than the constant complaining in every thread about board moderation.

38. "Baby Let Me Kiss You" - King Floyd

James Brown knockoff, but - God knows - better than those last two.

37. "Booty Butt" - Ray Charles & His Orchestra

Another I don't recall. This has "junkie" written all over it, though.

40. "Battle Hymn Of LT Kelly" - Terry Nelson

WTF? I don't remember this one at all, and I wish I hadn't heard it now. This is worse than the constant complaining in every thread about board moderation.
best............start............ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. "Kool Aid" - Paul Humphrey?

This countdown is like a black hole for me. I don't remember this dude, either - or the record.
really not able to help you, buddy - did not have an address six months on either side of this countdown, so the car radios of rides was my only contact w Top 40 during this time. Your bottom five is as much a mystery to me as you

32. "Don't Knock My Love" - Wilson Pickett

Pickett was the vocal equivalent of a jackhammer. No range or finesse, but he'd beat you to the bottom.

27. "Right On The Tip Of My Tongue" - Brenda & The Tabulations

It doesn't really fit a genre, it's just.....THERE. What a wonderful record!

25. "I Don't Know How To Love Him" - Helen Reddy

Yes, ladies and gents - it started right here. "I Am Woman" is right around the corner.

23. "Just My Imagination" - Temptations

A Mount Rushmore of falsetto ballads. Eddie Kendricks should be in every Hall Of Fame on this record alone.
Astonishingly bad countdown until this classic suddenly pops up. Always enjoyed The Rolling Stones’ cover of this as well

21. "We Can Work It Out" - Stevie Wonder

This record is a seismic shift for a few reasons:

It's the best Beatles' cover ever (& beats the original, IMO)

THIS is the one that got Stevie turned loose. Listen to him sing it - he's not doing his '60s voice on the verse (it's closer to his Voice Of God to come). You can hear hear #### like "I Wish" start right here

This is one helluva ride

21. "We Can Work It Out" - Stevie Wonder

This record is a seismic shift for a few reasons:

It's the best Beatles' cover ever (& beats the original, IMO)

THIS is the one that got Stevie turned loose. Listen to him sing it - he's not doing his '60s voice on the verse (it's closer to his Voice Of God to come). You can hear hear #### like "I Wish" start right here

This is one helluva ride
Oh ####.  Temptations set the bar and Stevie cleared it.  

Love how on this one Stevie slows  the tempo of the keyboard between verses so everyone can catch their breath, then accelerates when it’s time for the next verse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh ####.  Temptations set the bar and Stevie cleared it.  

Love how on this one Stevie slows  the tempo of the keyboard between verses so everyone can catch their breath, then accelerates when it’s time for the next verse.
This is a brilliant record for a lot of reasons. That "Hey!" in the background, along with your mentions and mine before.

15. "Power To The People" - John Lennon

I think this is trash (listen to #16 above for real protest), but I guess I'm in the minority on that.

14. "Sweet And Innocent" - Donny Osmond

Don't look this up. It's awful. I knew it when I was 10 and had no idea about anything. It's horrid.

Users who are viewing this thread