What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 - How did I do thread (1 Viewer)

From the 8:

QB: Watson (6), Winston (16)

RB: Michel (4), R Jones (5), A Jones (8), Ty Mont (9), Booker (10), Foreman (14), Joe Williams (20)

WR: Hopkins (1), Diggs (3), Crowder (7), Lee (12), Martavis (13), Westbrook (19)

TE: Gronk (2), ASJ (11), L Wilson (18)

K: Gostkowski (15)

D: Hou (17)

From the 8th hole. I'd appreciate your thoughts:

QB - Wilson (7); Stafford (13)

RB -  J Howard (3); L Miller (4); J Ajayi (5); C Hyde (9); J White (14); F Gore (19)

WR - D Hopkins (1); A Jeffery (6); E Sanders (8); K Stills (10); C Meredith (12); M Sanu (18); A Wilson (20)

TE - T Kelce (2); V McDonald (11); L Willson (16)

PK - Gostkowski (15)

Def - Den (17)
I like this team. I think you are really only lacking a true number 2 receiver. You have guys that can step up and fill that role, but I don't trust Jeffery this year.

Did one last night

Wentz, Carr

Kamara, Ajayi, CJ Anderson, Mack, Ekeler, Samuels

Thielen, A. Robinson, Edelman, Hurns, M. Bryant, Amendola, St Brown

Kelce, Kittles, Andrews

Philly

Gould
I like this team a lot too. Kamara, Ajayi and Anderson/Mack will be really good.

I like Robinson to bounce back especially later in the year.

Like Kelce and Kittles.

Did one last night

Wentz, Carr

Kelce, Kittles, Andrews

Philly

Gould
Like it.  Not a huge fan of the rbs after Ajayi. Value wise it’s fine where you got them.  CJA probably undervalued at this point.  But his upside is just so limited if  Mccafrey is on the field.  Mack I don’t like.  Hines I see emerging as the better back there.   

WR’s/TE’s great.  Very strong.  Martavis still going 12+ is crazy value.  Hard to think he’s suspended at this point but you never know.  I’m grabbing him everywhere  at his current price.  Like Kittles a lot also.  I’m very bullish on the whole Niners offense.  His 7/8 price tag seems solid to me.  

Nice draft. 

From the 10 last night

Wilson (7)

Fournette (1), Crowell (8), CJ Anderson (9), Booker (10), Clements (11), Conner (19)

Allen (2), JuJu (3), D Thomas (4), Crabtree (6), Golladay (12), Allison (14), M Bryant (15), Godwin (16), Cain (20)

Engram (5), Hurst (13)

Boswell (17), Pitt D (18)

I passed on Barkley and OBJ at 10. I Think Fournette and OBJ may have similar point totals this year and I'll take the RB (even if he was 8th RB taken). Prefer Fournette/Allen than OBJ/RB at 2.03 (Cook/McC/?. Freeman went 2.02). Also, a small factor, Fournette has great schedule down the stretch. And if Allen was taken there would have been M Thomas. Think big disadvantage not to get at least 1 RB in first 2 rounds particularly as end 3rd not much even low RB1 potential left. 

RB2 weak since I took TE and QB in first 7 rounds which wasn't plan and isn't usually a good strategy. Engram was 7th TE and I really wanted to get a top 8 guy there as quite steep cliff after that. Wilson at end round 7 is not bad since with his running likely top 3 QB. Will just hope for 9-11 points a week out of RB2 unless someone really steps up or I make right matchup (TDs) picks and get 12-13 pts/wk. Happy with Crowell in 8th as RB36 taken and CJ was RB45. Maybe should have taken more RBs late as fliers and less WRs. Will be playing the WW!

Like team 1 the best.  Would have liked it even more if you addressed the TE position sooner.  You’ll have to add a TE there at some point.  Team 2 similar in that respect but prefer your WR’s on the 1st by a wide margin.  3 and 4, I do not like those rbs after Gurley and Kamara.  But both are strong at TE.   Do you draft teams in pairs? 1-2 are almost the same just as 3-4 Haha.  All are pretty solid teams tho.  Nicely drafted.  If I had to rank them all:  1-3-2-4.  

Good luck 
Thanks Glitz, yeah I am doing 12 teams this year so I'm trying different strategies.  I've honestly had the most success in this contest in the past punting TE, so picking 2 TEs super early like that is really out of my comfort zone but what the hell.  Same thing goes for loading up on RBs early, I typically draft backwards and load up on WR.  

I believe my best team ever (2 years ago) was pretty much laughed out of this thread because after my RB 1 I didn't take another RB until like round 7 or 8.  It's not for the faint of heart, but it's something that works for me.  I did 2 more this weekend and it's crazy to see the adp changes since the beginning of the month. I'll post them sometime later this week.

Question for all:

Where does JuJu deserve to be picked at and what are your expectations??

I have seen him go as high as 3.2 and as low as 5th round.  I have stayed away merely because if Antonio stays healthy I don't think he can reach value but wanted to get others thoughts..

Question for all:

I have seen him go as high as 3.2 and as low as 5th round.  I have stayed away merely because if Antonio stays healthy I don't think he can reach value but wanted to get others thoughts..
Anywhere in round 4. With that said.... if you like him and don’t think he will make it back to you pick him. I think he finishes WR 15-20 without an injury to AB and with an AB injury he has top 5 upside.

Did one last night

Wentz, Carr

Kelce, Kittles, Andrews

Philly

Gould
Excellent starters, at least 9 of them. Depth wise, I'd be looking to get a stronger #3 RB and #2 QB. If someone like A Smith, Prescott or Bortles is available on the waiver wire I'd make that swap in a second. 

Question for all:

I've been taking guys like DT and Tate ahead of him but JJ really came on strong late in the season with AB in the lineup. Pitt can easily support two WRs, and if Brown was to get hurt you might have a top 5 guy.  

Gotta take a break.. A lot of my teams are starting to look the same..  Last nights

brady

Elliot, mixon, Ingram, booker, Bernard, r smith, edmunds

adams, Jeffery, Watkins, r Mathews, doctson, m Bryant, amendola

olsen, kittles, L wilson

philly, gano

July 22nd from the 6 pick, unconventional for me -

QB - Brady (9) Ryan (15)

RB - Howard (3) Guice (4) Ingram (5) T Coleman (7) Crowell (8) Dixon (16)

WR - Brown (1) Watkins (6) M Lee (10) R Matthews (11) Amendola (17) Ginn (19) A Wilson (20)

TE - Gronk (2) Brate (12) Clay (13)

Def - Vikings (14)

K - Lutz (18)

July 3rd from the 7 pick

QB - Wilson (8) A Smith (16)

RB - Barkley (1) D Freeman (3) D Lewis (5) G Bernard (10) K Dixon (14)

WR - M Thomas (2) Marvin Jones (6) Kupp (7) R Cobb (9) R Matthews (11) Kirk (15) Ginn (18) Godwin (19)

TE - Olsen (4) Clay (13) Akins (20)

Def - Eagles (12)

K - Zuerlein (17)

July 22nd from the 6 pick, unconventional for me -

QB - Brady (9) Ryan (15)

RB - Howard (3) Guice (4) Ingram (5) T Coleman (7) Crowell (8) Dixon (16)

WR - Brown (1) Watkins (6) M Lee (10) R Matthews (11) Amendola (17) Ginn (19) A Wilson (20)

TE - Gronk (2) Brate (12) Clay (13)

Def - Vikings (14)

K - Lutz (18)
Of the two teams I like this one best. 

I did another on July 12 from the 9 spot. Went rookie RB crazy. 

Brady (8) Mariota (17)

Penny (3) Henry (4) Kerryon (6) Chubb (7) Ballage (14) Jaylen Samuels (16)

ODB (1) Corey Davis (5) K Benjamin (9) M Williams (11) Godwin (12) Cole (15) J'mon Moore (18)

Gronk (2) ASJ (10) Virgil Green (19)

Denver (13) Prater (20)

Not gonna lie, I like ASJ a lot, but I definitely wish I'd gotten more depth at TE. This is my favorite team so far, though.

barackdhouse said:
I did another on July 12 from the 9 spot. Went rookie RB crazy. 

Brady (8) Mariota (17)

Penny (3) Henry (4) Kerryon (6) Chubb (7) Ballage (14) Jaylen Samuels (16)

ODB (1) Corey Davis (5) K Benjamin (9) M Williams (11) Godwin (12) Cole (15) J'mon Moore (18)

Gronk (2) ASJ (10) Virgil Green (19)

Denver (13) Prater (20)

Not gonna lie, I like ASJ a lot, but I definitely wish I'd gotten more depth at TE. This is my favorite team so far, though.
Oouch,. This might be the worst team posted so far..  I would enter another one and try again.

Out of the 12 slot.... championship 

QB: Staford (11), Mariota (15)

RB: Hunt (1), Fornete (2), Chubb (8), Martin (12), Blount (13), Ballage (14)

WR: JuJu (4), Watkins (6), Jordy Nelson (7), Hurns (9), Dez (10), Washington (17), DeDe (18)

TE: Engram (3), Reed (5)

D: Bal (16), Pit (19)

K: Sucupp (20)
Coots....what you think of that one? Drafted July 3rd. DaGildz is jealous imo. 

From the 2:

QB: Newton (9), Winston (15)

RB: Bell (1), Freeman (2), Guice (3), Booker (10), Wilkins (12), Perine (20)

WR: JuJu (4), Gordon (5), Crowder (7), Goodwin (8), Shepard (11), Martavis (13), Westbrook (18)

TE: Burton (6), McDonald (14), Wilson (16)

D: Minn (17)

K: Elliot (19)

:wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
From the 2:

RB: Bell (1), Freeman (2), Guice (3), Booker (10), Wilkins (12), Perine (20)

WR: JuJu (4), Gordon (5), Crowder (7), Goodwin (8), Shepard (11), Martavis (13), Westbrook (18)

this team looks very solid to me, if one of your TE's are decent it will be hard to beat

Last night live on HSFF hour from pick 7

QB Newton (8) Goff (17)

RB McCaffrey (2) McCoy (4) ROJO (6) Carson (10) Ivory (13) Sproles (18)

WR Brown (1) Hilton (3) Kupp (7) M Lee (11) A Miller (12) Doctson (14) Moncrief (15)

TE Engram (5) Njoku (9) Gates (19)

K Bailey (20)

Def Eagles (16)

this team looks very solid to me, if one of your TE's are decent it will be hard to beat
Thx. Took some chances with Guice and Gordon most notably.  Tried to hedge the Gordon pick loading up on WR’s.   Like the value that fell.  All in on Marquise Goodwin, own a ton of him already.  Martavis still going so late is surprising.  Like the feel of this one. 

Coots....what you think of that one? Drafted July 3rd. DaGildz is jealous imo. 
Would of liked it a lot if you did something different in the 3rd....  Just don't see the value there, its almost impossible for him to reach value at that draft spot...

From the 2:

RB: Bell (1), Freeman (2), Guice (3), Booker (10), Wilkins (12), Perine (20)

Looks like you have been paying attention......  If Gordon plays could be a monster team

Last night live on HSFF hour from pick 7

QB Newton (8) Goff (17)

RB McCaffrey (2) McCoy (4) ROJO (6) Carson (10) Ivory (13) Sproles (18)

WR Brown (1) Hilton (3) Kupp (7) M Lee (11) A Miller (12) Doctson (14) Moncrief (15)

TE Engram (5) Njoku (9) Gates (19)

K Bailey (20)

Def Eagles (16)
I like it.  Just saw this board.  This was one of the wackiest drafts I’ve seen.  Odell at 4 and Bell falling to 5?!  That owner must have been giddy.  Really like Jones in the 6th.  Think once he flashes in preseason he’ll be back in the early 5th or 4th even. McCoy still scares me in 4th rd. I don’t see any way he plays a full season if there’s even the slightest chance he’s involved.  If he’s a go all season, very strong team.  

Would of liked it a lot if you did something different in the 3rd....  Just don't see the value there, its almost impossible for him to reach value at that draft spot...
Intentionally reached for him.  Haven’t seen Guice picked in top 1/2 of 3rd yet.  Figure that’s a pretty unique combo with Bell if he hits in champ rds.  

Intentionally reached for him.  Haven’t seen Guice picked in top 1/2 of 3rd yet.  Figure that’s a pretty unique combo with Bell if he hits in champ rds.  
This isn't for you it was for Scientist and his draft dude...  I like your 3rd round pick

Brees

Kamara, Guice, Burkhead, Carson, Riddick, Prosise

AJ Green, D. Thomas, JuJu, Edelman, Dez, M. Bryant, Amendola, J. Brown

Burton, Eifert, Watson

Philly, Succop

6 hole.

QB: Jimmy G (12), D Carr (18)

RB: D Guice (3), R Freeman (4), L Miller (5), K Johnson (6), A Jones (7), P Barber (14)

WR: D Hopkins (1), D Adams (2), DJ Moore (9), A Miller (10), K Golladay (11), T Taylor (15), D Cain (16), D Pettis (20)

TE: T Eifert (8), ASJ (13)

PK: W Lutz (17)

DEF: CAR (19)

Last edited by a moderator:
6 hole.

QB: Jimmy G (12), D Carr (18)

RB: D Guice (3), R Freeman (4), L Miller (5), K Johnson (6), A Jones (7), P Barber (14)

WR: D Hopkins (1), D Adams (2), DJ Moore (9), A Miller (10), K Golladay (11), T Taylor (15), D Cain (16), D Pettis (20)

TE: T Eifert (8), ASJ (13)

PK: W Lutz (17)

DEF: CAR (19)
You drafted right beside me last night....  I think you need a lot to go your way in order to have a chance at the league title to be honest..

Brees, Mahomes

Barkley, McCaffery, A. Collins, Burkhead, Crowell, Sproles

Thielen, D. Thomas, Funchess, Hurns, Amendola, J. Brown, Z. Jones

Seals Jones, Watson, Hurst

Jac, Gould

Brees, Mahomes

Jac, Gould
TBH I don't like either of your teams. To stand a chance you need one of your TE's to pop (and I don't think they will) and the guy drafting next to you needs multiple things to go right.

TBH I don't like either of your teams. To stand a chance you need one of your TE's to pop (and I don't think they will) and the guy drafting next to you needs multiple things to go right.
So having 5 starting RBs and two stud WRs with other possibilities, not to mention brees and Jacksonville Defense and you don't like it?????  Not sure what you are looking to draft for then..  If I get 8 to 10 points a game from TE that is more than enough to win this league most likely....  And of course stay healthy and have a few decent pick ups...

Brees, Mahomes

Jac, Gould
Right.  I remember your team.  I think this team is pretty good.  Steady, but not a ton of upside.

I agree with you and the scientist on my team.  I have several teams in the FFPC and will draft a few more.  This particular team is high risk and built for upside...  I almost went Gordon in the 5th... my goal really isn't to win the regular season league title, but to be competitive in the championship round.  I think to do that you have to take quite a bit of risk.  We will see how it turns out. 

In any event, I really don't like drafting mid-first round this year.  It's very challenging 'cause you cannot get a stud RB, have to get lucky to get one of two stud TEs and then just kinda get caught with MEH players in the middle of the second.

Right.  I remember your team.  I think this team is pretty good.  Steady, but not a ton of upside.

I agree with you and the scientist on my team.  I have several teams in the FFPC and will draft a few more.  This particular team is high risk and built for upside...  I almost went Gordon in the 5th... my goal really isn't to win the regular season league title, but to be competitive in the championship round.  I think to do that you have to take quite a bit of risk.  We will see how it turns out. 

In any event, I really don't like drafting mid-first round this year.  It's very challenging 'cause you cannot get a stud RB, have to get lucky to get one of two stud TEs and then just kinda get caught with MEH players in the middle of the second.
Would of liked it a lot more with Gordon or Collins for that matter..  I don't like miller at all but that's just preference!!!  

I almost took Gordon but have a bunch of shares already....  to me my team is boom or bust with those RBs...  Only team that I have Barkley or mccaffery and they are on the same team...

So having 5 starting RBs and two stud WRs with other possibilities, not to mention brees and Jacksonville Defense and you don't like it?????  Not sure what you are looking to draft for then..  If I get 8 to 10 points a game from TE that is more than enough to win this league most likely....  And of course stay healthy and have a few decent pick ups...
A. Collins, Burkhead, Crowell, Sproles, Funchess, Amendola, J. Brown, Z. Jones

I don't like these players and likely won't be drafting them. Brees finished 10th last year...so meh.

You drafted out of the 6 hole.   At a bare minimum, u passed on Kamara/Barkley.  You don’t think both these guys are stud RB’s??  Come on.  This is also the deepest 1st rd of rbs we’ve ever seen.  Guys like Hunt/Fournette/Gordon/Cook cant crack the top 5 rbs this year?         

I’m kinda pissed I don’t have any Fournette/Cook yet.  More so Fournette.  

You drafted out of the 6 hole.   At a bare minimum, u passed on Kamara/Barkley.  You don’t think both these guys are stud RB’s??  Come on.  This is also the deepest 1st rd of rbs we’ve ever seen.  Guys like Hunt/Fournette/Gordon/Cook cant crack the top 5 rbs this year?         

So you do like my team. 

Brees, Mahomes

Jac, Gould

With Scientist on this one, unfortunately.  Don’t see much standing out to me.  Not bad by any stretch, doesn’t look that great either.  Also not too high on any of those WR’s after Theilen.  Think u need a lot to go right here for this one to contend. 

As a rule, I don't draft rookie RBs in the first round.  Kamara I think has at least a decent likelihood of regressing to the mean, but I do own shares of him elsewhere (in tandem with Ingram).  Also, Kamara was off the board anyhow... he's going in the 5th these days.  I like Hopkins more than the others.  At 26 in his prime with Jackson back, I think he is going to crush it this year.  Hunt I think regresses; he disappeared for like 10 games last season.  Gordon maybe, but again I like Hopkins more in the PPR format.

Fournette and Cook I love, but I like Hopkins more in the 6th.  I also do not think any other WRs will replicate DH's production, except maybe AB.  I have a team with the Fournette/Cook combo, actually... but that was drafted out of the 10 spot I believe.

And none of these RBs approach the Big 4.

As a rule, I don't draft rookie RBs in the first round.  Kamara I think has at least a decent likelihood of regressing to the mean, but I do own shares of him elsewhere (in tandem with Ingram).  Also, Kamara was off the board anyhow... he's going in the 5th these days.  I like Hopkins more than the others.  At 26 in his prime with Jackson back, I think he is going to crush it this year.  Hunt I think regresses; he disappeared for like 10 games last season.  Gordon maybe, but again I like Hopkins more in the PPR format.

Fournette and Cook I love, but I like Hopkins more in the 6th.  I also do not think any other WRs will replicate DH's production, except maybe AB.  I have a team with the Fournette/Cook combo, actually... but that was drafted out of the 10 spot I believe.

And none of these RBs approach the Big 4.
I here this same #### from people every year....  No one thought Gurley had a chance to do anything last year and he ended as number 1, Johnson played less than a quarter, Elliot does one more thing stupid he is gone for a year.....  Not only that but Elliot has no passing game offense this year so he is going to find life much harder than before..  Bell is awesome but has a ton of miles on that body with the usage he has had the last 4 years, wouldn't surprise me to see him break down very soon but no other back has a chance????  Kamara could be the best talent of them all and he is going to be a stud, wouldn't surprise me to see him number 1 overall at years end if he gets the usuage...

With Scientist on this one, unfortunately.  Don’t see much standing out to me.  Not bad by any stretch, doesn’t look that great either.  Also not too high on any of those WR’s after Theilen.  Think u need a lot to go right here for this one to contend. 
I don't see it but that is because we have players ranked different....

I see that we were in another league the other night...  Thats two for me and zero for you...  Hope you are taking notes for next year...  You are getting a little better though..

I see that we were in another league the other night...  Thats two for me and zero for you...  Hope you are taking notes for next year...  You are getting a little better though..
I would like 2 see both rosters. Don't tell me who is who and see who we like better. 

I would like 2 see both rosters. Don't tell me who is who and see who we like better. 
Doesn't matter who everyone likes better...  Its all about the finish, just talking crap to him is all...  I think we have been in 4 leagues over the last couple years together and I made the playoffs in all 4 and he has a big 0...  Just trying to needle but I can throw them out there too just to see what you guys think..

You actually won’t hide behind an alias?  I’m skeptical of that.   And 4 leagues of mine ?  I call bs on that.  But hey you were nowhere to be seen on the leaderboards.   I was there at least with a legit contender.

Isn’t all about the finish?  

:)

I like the trash talk and energy here. Still want to see the 2 different leagues in here side by side. If it is all fun and friendly let some of us judge and then you guys can tell us in a couple weeks whose team is whose. 

Users who are viewing this thread