What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Salary Cap Dynasty Question - Brady vs Stafford (1 Viewer)

JoeSteeler

Footballguy
16 team salary cap IDP dynasty league. This year's cap is at $187,000,000

Currently I have Stafford as my QB ($23.75M salary) but he is a FA and I can only franchise him for this year then he becomes a FA. Another team that is cap-strapped has offered me Brady ($24M salary) for my 4.13 pick. He doesn't have a lot of options and either needs to trade Brady or let him hit free agency.

If I trade for Brady I can lock him up with a 1-5 year contract. My team is geared to win now (won the title in 2016 and finished 3rd last year). 

My options:

1. Trade for Brady and let Stafford become a FA ( I can't afford them both)

2. Keep Stafford for this year and then have to find a new QB next year.

Thoughts or advice?Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you will be without a true QB1 next season if you dont make the trade, I would make the trade. If you sign Brady for a decent contract, you can always trade him in season for a younger QB or other pieces. I would sign Brady for a shorter amount of time, so that others dont view his contract as a trade block. Personally I might turn Brady around really quickly before the season starts, try and grab someone much younger. Watson is coming off an injury, might use that to your negotiating advantage. 

I concur with snoochie, make the trade but I'd kkep the contract to 3 years or less. Either way plan on having a new QB next year.

Users who are viewing this thread