What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Team Defense & Defense by Committee Thread (7 Viewers)

steelwind said:
For week 16 my options:

NE vs Buf

Dal vs TB

Cle vs Cin

I stashed NE.  Any thoughts?
Wrestling with these choices, too, among others. NE home vs Buf initially caught my eye. Bills are at/near the top of the list of most friendly to opposing DST. I looked a little closer and that might be a little misleading, though. They gave up some big games early in the year but have been better of late. In fact, (in my league's scoring) since their BYE, they have given up games of 1, 7, 5, and 0 to opposing DST. I still think NE DST home vs an offense lead by a rookie QB, 4th string RB, and WRs most folks have never heard of is a solid play. Just might not be as appealing as initially thought.

With TB, always have the possibility Winston is the turnover machine he's been often in his career. And Dallas should be able to sack him. That said, Balt DST only managed 2 pts off TB in Balt last week. I am a little gunshy on that one (which probably means its the play :P  ).

Cleveland has some momentum and some playmakers on D and home vs a rookie QB and injured WR corps. Mixon is about it for Cinci at this point. I am intrigued by this matchup.

Stick with Vikings @ Lions or go with Dallas vs. TB or Pats vs. Bills.

Points allowed don't matter unless it's a shutout.  Looking for a DST that'll hold the other to under 100 team rushing and pick up some sacks, INT's

We also get bonus for under 150 passing too.

I've got Denver @ Oak, my other options are Miami vs Jax or Dallas vs TB.

Other league I have Houston at Phi, but am thinking about Tenn vs Wash. Leaning towards the latter there.

The only league where I'm still (potentially) alive, I'm locked in on Chicago, so I don't have to make a choice this week, but of those I'd go Tenn because they've been playing the best lately, plus, you know, Josh Johnson. He's looked halfway decent the past couple games, but he's still Josh Johnson and there's a reason he's been out of the league for seven years.

Miami is also a good choice, particularly if playing a home team is important to you, but I just don't think their D is all that good.
I'm a Bears owner too, but picked up Tennessee for this week.  The Bears get the 49ers on the road, and San Fran has a decent offense now (not scary but not awful).  The Redskins have SO MANY injuries, on the road against solid Defense - I prefer the Titans for this week.

I'm a Bears owner too, but picked up Tennessee for this week.  The Bears get the 49ers on the road, and San Fran has a decent offense now (not scary but not awful).  The Redskins have SO MANY injuries, on the road against solid Defense - I prefer the Titans for this week.
My team lost last night, so it's now completely moot for me, but if I were still competing, I think I'd probably stick with the Bears, for the same reason I did last week: They're the DST1 and it would take an extraordinarily bad match-up for me to go away from them.

Yards don't matter to me at all. Turn overs, sacks, and points. It's important to make these distinctions when stating who you're going for.

Fournette is on the injury report this week and could very well sit. I'll be going with Miami. 

Traded for Minny at our deadline with an eye toward their playoff matchups, and DET still looks tasty. But then I see Tennessee out there vs Josh Johnson and Miami vs Cody Kessler, both at home...

Nothing for yards.  Max 4 for a shutout, so it's all about sacks, TOs and defensive TDs.  

I’m going Tenn in one league and I’m leaning Indy in another.

ETA: ####, Indy is owned!! Either Cle or Miami

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve talked myself into Miami, Jax is in collapse mode.
I'm in on Miami as well. Sitting the Bears D down this week. I get pts for pts against, sacks, int's, fumble recoveries, defensive TD's. Miami plays good D at home. Chicago flying out west. Missing Jackson and Callahan. Miami still playing hard to make the playoffs. Jax in collapse mode. Lenny maybe sitting this game out. 

After waivers here are my options:

Clev vs Cin - Leaning this.  No Green or Boyd and it's Driskel at QB.

NE vs Buf - Had stashed them for weeks incase I made the ship.  But Josh Allen has been playing well.

Dal vs TB - Depending on Winston throwing picks.  Plus we all know how good Dal D can be.

NO vs Pitt - I used them last week but it was against Cam with an injured shoulder.  However they have been a top D 2nd half of the year.

Rolling with TEN at home v WAS over DEN on the road v OAK.

A big thank you BAL D (released and on the wire to play keep away with some hot wire pickups for this week) -- you were extraordinarily solid for me this year. Averaged 9.7 ppg overall, and 14.9 ppg over the trailing 4 weeks. 

themeistersinger said:
Any interest in Jets of Aaron Rodgers is out?

Any interest in Falcons if Cam Newton is out?
Rodgers says he's playing. Newton is definitely out.

Not sure either defense is good enough to roll with in your championships.

Rodgers says he's playing. Newton is definitely out.

Not sure either defense is good enough to roll with in your championships.
I'm considering both: the Falcons were good enough last week and now have a gift situation. The Jets had six sacks at home last week vs a more mobile QB than Rodgers. And speaking of the Texans' and their porous OL, I'm surprised I'm not hearing anyone talking about Philly's D this week. Philly's front 7 is better than the Jets' ; who knows how many sacks are possible. At home with some momentum... 

NE v Buff

Minny v Det

ATL v Panthers

Those are the 3 I own. Cleveland is sitting there. I'm leaning NE. 
FWIW, I grabbed NE and (barring something unforeseen) I am starting them. Chose them over Indy, Cle, and Mia who are all other FAs I considered. Have Bal and Sea rostered but not feeling that good about either of those this week. I would probably play the Vikes if I had them, though, to be honest. 

FWIW, I grabbed NE and (barring something unforeseen) I am starting them. Chose them over Indy, Cle, and Mia who are all other FAs I considered. Have Bal and Sea rostered but not feeling that good about either of those this week. I would probably play the Vikes if I had them, though, to be honest. 
I can’t decide NE vs Buff or Cle vs Cinn

Vikings are the best defense of the group.That's why I started them over Atlanta last week. Despite 9 sacks, Viking D only got me 11pts. Atlanta 23 on my bench... Vikings did great last time they played Detroit though with 23pts in my league that game. NE got about the same out of their last matchup with the Bills. But the Bills are better now than they were then. 

Colts or Cowboys, my decision is on based on Odell Beckham playing.. Colts if he is out, Cowboys if he is in. Have ridden with the texans all season but just have a bad feeling about at philly this sunday

So what does everyone think of ATLANTA?  An average DST going up against an unknown qb. They were awesome last week vs a bad team and bad qb.

I have to decide between ATLANTA (@ CAR), CHARGERS (sat vs BAL) or MIAMI (vs JAX)... leaning Miami right now.

Rams or Titans in one league.

Titans or Indy in another.

All solid choices playing first game on Saturday shouldn't influence the decision, should it lol. I sometimes like to save for a later game if all things being equal.

Been rolling our MIN D all year & even with the 10-sack game last time they played DET, I think i'm rolling out TEN out there over MIN. 

Crazy how an "elite" defense in Minny can be replaced by a week 16 ww add in TEN....

Had picked up titans for 1 week maybe week 14 but with kerryon injury I kept them, Titans match up is great with so many redskins out, but Minn leads in sacks and Chi generate so many turnovers, never thought my championship week would be a defensive (pick) struggle

Miami or indy for me at this point. Struggling with a decision now that obj is out. 

Rams or Titans in one league.

Titans or Indy in another.

All solid choices playing first game on Saturday shouldn't influence the decision, should it lol. I sometimes like to save for a later game if all things being equal.
I'd go Rams and Titans. 

I'm going NE over Minnesota. I just dropped Atlanta for CJ Anderson in case he sticks next year as a Gurley decent handcuff. I'm hoping my opponent doesn't pick up Atlanta and #### me with them. :lol:

I have the luxury of picking between the Bears and the Titans in my championship game this weekend.

Titans D is stepping up over the last few weeks and they have a good to great matchup in front of their home crowd.

I am leaning towards the Bears at the moment just because they have been elite over the duration of the entire season and while they are on the road this weekend, the matchup with Nick Mullens is also very good.

I have the luxury of picking between the Bears and the Titans in my championship game this weekend.

Titans D is stepping up over the last few weeks and they have a good to great matchup in front of their home crowd.

I am leaning towards the Bears at the moment just because they have been elite over the duration of the entire season and while they are on the road this weekend, the matchup with Nick Mullens is also very good.
Good luck, Faust. Big thanks for all you do here!!

@whiskey7 - thanks for the kind words and good wishes on my championship game this weekend!

It is always nice to hear that the small contributions that I make here in the Shark Pool have been helpful to the FBG community over the course of a season.

Good luck to everyone who is playing in their championship games this weekend.

- Faust 

@whiskey7 - thanks for the kind words and good wishes on my championship game this weekend!

It is always nice to hear that the small contributions that I make here in the Shark Pool have been helpful to the FBG community over the course of a season.

Good luck to everyone who is playing in their championship games this weekend.

- Faust 
Faust: you sound like a very humble person......an admirable trait in people and one many do not exhibit.

Please don't take your contributions to this Board too lightly. Your posts and the time you take to copy and post to here has assisted me in many aspects of my game......this DTBC being a GREAT example!! I may not be in my Championship Game without your hard work.

THANK YOU again.......from all of us here at the FBG Forum!!!

Hard to sit a defense on a roll at home against a QB that was on the streets 10 days ago. A QB who hadn't thrown a pass in 7 years. A QB who won't have his 4 of his top 6 pass catchers (Doctson, Reed, Davis, Harris). 

But it's hard to sit the #1 stud D of the year when they've got a good matchup too. 

Good luck, Faust! We're all pulling for you. 

Elijah McGuire, Robby Anderson among last-minute fantasy football streamers for Sunday

Excerpt:

Defense/Special Teams

Miami Dolphins: Since Cody Kessler took over as the team's starting quarterback in Week 12, the Jaguars rank last in yards per attempt (5.36) and have just two passing scores and three interceptions. The Jaguars are tied with the Cardinals with only 0.98 points per drive during this four-game sample -- 47 percent less points per drive than league average (1.86) the past month. The Dolphins just got roasted by the Vikings' offense in both phases, revealing some real risk, but the ceiling of matching up with arguably the league's worst offense is appealing enough to inspire streaming shares for this pivotal week of fantasy postseason action. A reasonable pivot from this group would be the Colts, fresh off a shutout of the Cowboys and next facing a sputtering Giants offense.

I like the Titans this week but I go Rams and don't think twice about it. Cards making even the Atlantas of the world a good start.
Rams or browns? 

The mess in Cincy could make for a very nice game for Garrett and co.

I’ve benched Fournette and am starting Miami, I’m all-in on this one. 

Maybe Kessler gives us the first half shut out and Bortles relieves to throw some picks in the 2nd half.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK.......crunch time today.

Denver defense away versus Oakland......or

Cleveland defense home versus Cincinnati?

I have been thinking Denver all week since I read more that they are favorable defense and they are projected to score more defensive points, but would love to hear what this thread thinks! Thanks.

OK.......crunch time today.

Denver defense away versus Oakland......or

Cleveland defense home versus Cincinnati?

I have been thinking Denver all week since I read more that they are favorable defense and they are projected to score more defensive points, but would love to hear what this thread thinks! Thanks.
I picked up Miami over Denver. Feel like Denver has thrown in the towel this year.

Users who are viewing this thread