What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Question - Brady vs. Gronk (1 Viewer)

gastro

Footballguy
First time user! Looking for some help with the decision on who to keep between Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski. We are allowed to keep only one player and these are by far my two best options. Some info on the league:

There is no loss of draft picks in exchange for the keeper's value. We are a 2 QB, 6 point TD, 10-team league. We also play 2 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K and 1 D/ST. 6 bench spots.

• Thinking Brady might be good to keep because of the 2 QB's we start and he's usually a top 5 guy when healthy. I'm concerned about keeping him because there's lots of lower tier QBs I like (Stafford, Rivers, Mahomes, etc).
  • Thinking Gronk might be good to keep because it's hard to have a huge advantage at any position in a 10-team league, but he usually is one. The injury concern is a big con for me. Also, I'm not sure it's a good idea to keep a TE.
I go back and forth every day on this, slightly leaning Gronk right now but would love to hear other opinions. Thanks!

my gut reaction is keep Gronkowski.  Will ask, is this a PPR?  Do you know what position in the draft you are and is it a snake type draft?  6 point TD is a difference also.  That is why I hesitated initially because I do value Brady a bit more since it is a 2QB start.  

Have you checked out the other rosters to see if any QBs will be kept over another player, thus what is your projection of what the other owners will keep for their player?  With just 10 teams, IMO, I think the QBs you may want will be available, but they could go off the board quickly.  Keeping Gronkowski is definitely an advantage at that position.  

Good luck with your discission...  IMO, this one is a tough one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard league, I am pick #8 in a snake draft. Rodgers, Wilson and Cousins will likely be kept. 2-3 other QBs typically go in the first round as well (probably Watson, maybe Wentz, Brees, etc). Thanks for the input.

2 qb league-keep Brady, 1 QB league would be different. Grab Mahomes in the 2nd if he is still around.

Brady and its not close. In a 2-QB league, QB becomes the most important position by a long shot. In a redraft, Brady should go about 2 rounds before Gronk.

Due to the 2 QB aspect of things Brady is a fairly easy choice.  In any other format I would choose Gronk.

Thank you everyone for the opinions. Would anyone consider keeping an RB like Fournette or Kareem Hunt instead of Brady?

Thank you everyone for the opinions. Would anyone consider keeping an RB like Fournette or Kareem Hunt instead of Brady?
It would be a consideration but in a two QB league having a top end QB already in the bank is a nice place to be.  Other factors may include how long you can keep a guy and whether or not there will be quality QB's available in the draft to fill out your roster.  Typically in a keep 1 league I treat it more like a redraft so Brady's age really isn't a detriment to me and the youth of Fournette or Hunt wouldn't be as big of an advantage. 

If there will be 8-10 QB's kept then I would most likely keep Brady over those two RB's in a 2 QB league.

Users who are viewing this thread