What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Regular Season Jibber Jabber/Snap Count Master Thread (4 Viewers)

Couple of early disappointments from players on my squads: Avery Wiliamson, Vic Beasley, Hyder, Farley, and maybe Amos. Wiliamson had been a steady, reliable tackler but he's not doing much in the Bowles system. Beasley is MIA again. Hyder was a roll of the dice. Farley was a gamble and buried on my roster. Amos may not get the same production with the front 7 gashing the opposition and disrupting their playcalling.

Most of these guys are in danger of getting dropped in favor of trending players. Curious to hear what other standbys are looking like disappointments from the gang here...
looking at this some 6 weeks later. I've only kept Williamson and Amos. I start Avery every week and Amos only as needed. The rest got dropped and I'm not missing them. 

Anyone else made decisions from the beginning of the season like this?

Random dud from Justin Simmons. Played all defensive snaps and ended up with 1 solo. Not like he's a stud or anything,  but he's been a pretty consistent 5-7 tackle type guy. Lucky for me his week didn't sink me.

Random dud from Justin Simmons. Played all defensive snaps and ended up with 1 solo. Not like he's a stud or anything,  but he's been a pretty consistent 5-7 tackle type guy. Lucky for me his week didn't sink me.
Jarrad Davis as well.  I figured he would have a big game against the Vikes but one stinking tackle.  Terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add Bradley McDougald to the list. A big fat zero this week!

Reshad Jones pulling himself out of the game 10 snaps in was a gut punch too. 1 Solo Tackle??!!

Hopefully only one more week of Jamie Collins taking up space in the Browns defense.  Vallejo isn't anything special, but he was a whole lot more effective in his limited role than that waste of talent.  Kirksey got injured and will probably be held out this week, but hopefully both him and Schobert are back after the bye then this bum gets kicked to the curb.

In related news, enjoy your week Tevin Coleman owners.

Hopefully only one more week of Jamie Collins taking up space in the Browns defense.  Vallejo isn't anything special, but he was a whole lot more effective in his limited role than that waste of talent.  Kirksey got injured and will probably be held out this week, but hopefully both him and Schobert are back after the bye then this bum gets kicked to the curb.

In related news, enjoy your week Tevin Coleman owners.
Kirksey to IR looks like Vallejo is the pickup

Yeah that's nuts. Kirksey out so Collins & Avery or will Vallejo take the 3 down role?

Avery was at 63% and Vallejo at 62% last week... time share?

Kirksey to IR looks like Vallejo is the pickup
He may get a lot of run this week out of necessity, but post bye Schobert should come back.  As much as I despise Jamie Collins I can't imagine we'll see Vallejo over him.  Would love to be wrong.  Play more big nickel and mask his lack of range, but even if he gets early down work he's a tough fit on 3rd down.

Is anyone hearing anything regarding Kendall Beckwith?  I saw a small note that he was practicing last week.  He could step into a huge role soon.

Sorenson is definitely interesting. Likely on waivers even in deep leagues (the other 3 are less likely to be available)... where does he fit? Replacing Parker or Lucas?

I believe his is taking over for Parker.
Thanks. The one I own... :(  

DarkKnightsGuru said:
does it matter he will replace any of them those guys suck 
They are not great options, but it does matter. If Sorensen takes one spot and the other is a 100% (ish) snap count for someone else, that someone else is still relevant, whereas the guy that goes to 0% (ish) is no longer worth a roster spot. Parker & Justin Evans are the starters on one of my teams (obviously my weakest position lol) and are ranked at 17 & 19 respectively. Nothing to write home about, but Parker goes into free fall if he's losing snaps.  

I have that egg in my lineup, as well. I would say proceed with caution. The press on his play wasn't positive for most of the season, despite his excellent FF scores. The article you linked states he wasn't seen in warmups, which could mean they decided to rest him. I don't know how O'Daniel looked but it's entirely possible he takes the spot if he's doing better on the field than Hitchens did. My guess would be they'll give Hitchens another shot, though. They signed him to a pretty solid deal this year and the out they have in the contract is 2020. Dee Ford 89% and O'Daniel 59% were the top to LBs yesterday. 

Some situations to monitor include;

- KC: which flying Elvis just mentioned, although the most likely explanation is just the most obvious one. They flat one gave Hitchens the rest.

- chargers: perryman goes down. Without looking at the snap count numbers specifically, Jat Brown has been trending up so that should continue. Pullard might see a little bump, but I don’t see it significant enough to chase after him. Phillips might be a decent beneficiary as a DB add.

-Pitt: Bostoc was all over the field on Thursday. I understand it was a good match-up with a teaditional offense in Carolina but he produces. Needs to be rostered if he’s still not.

Anyone have other that are seeing change due to injury or just the timing of the season...?

I wanna pull the trigger on Eric Wilson.  He's a guy I caught a whiff of last preseason but he hasn't gotten onto the field but he's been seeing snaps recently (injury?) so he might be a stach to keep an eye on.  My league uses FAAB which roll over year-to-year and are used in RFA so far too valuable to blow on those level dice rolls so I can't do it but he's a guy I am watching like a hawk.  Also Shawn-Dion Hamilton.  Not that there's an injury or snaps open, but I think if there were he'd be quite productive.

I wanna pull the trigger on Eric Wilson.  He's a guy I caught a whiff of last preseason but he hasn't gotten onto the field but he's been seeing snaps recently (injury?) so he might be a stach to keep an eye on.  My league uses FAAB which roll over year-to-year and are used in RFA so far too valuable to blow on those level dice rolls so I can't do it but he's a guy I am watching like a hawk.  Also Shawn-Dion Hamilton.  Not that there's an injury or snaps open, but I think if there were he'd be quite productive.
Wilson has been playing in place of Anthony Barr

Any KC fans with info on what happened to A. Hitchens today? 

BIG ZERO today. ??

After some searching I found this 

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/11/anthony-hitchens-is-active-but-wont-start-for-chiefs/

Disappointing to say the least. He played last week and posted good numbers. Now they decide to sit him for rest? I know he has graded poorly. Perhaps there is more to this... 
He has injured ribs, so they let him rest up and heal further.

Lavonte David has sprained his MCL. Not sure who starts now.I see they signed Kevin Minter back yesterday

Shawn Williams has been great.  Is this a function of the LB injury situation in front of him?  I am looking to add a DB and can't decide between Williams and Justin Reid (Hou) - who has also been outstanding the last few weeks. 

Shawn Williams has been great.  Is this a function of the LB injury situation in front of him?  I am looking to add a DB and can't decide between Williams and Justin Reid (Hou) - who has also been outstanding the last few weeks. 
That's part of it.  But.  Snap counts the last 3 games - KC 68 (Cincy 52), Tampa 77 (Cincy 61), NO 74 (Cincy 39).  The offense can't stay on the field and the defense can't get off it.

for those in need of DL help, Tyquan Lewis came back and played 54 snaps. Listed as a DE at MFL but listed as DT/DE at yahoo and maybe some other sites as well.

i picked up and am stashing Goodson after his two solid weeks on limited playing time. Hopefully he’s shown the staff- that doesn’t like him much -that he’s earned some more reps. I’ll be watching and am hopeful for even a small uptick in playing time the next few weeks. 75% of snaps would create huge opportunity for Goodson because he’s proven that he can be around the ball when pushed into action. I think he’s as a good of a homerun chance as any IDP that’s sitting on your wire right now. Go get him for a week or two if you got an open roster spot.

i picked up and am stashing Goodson after his two solid weeks on limited playing time. Hopefully he’s shown the staff- that doesn’t like him much -that he’s earned some more reps. I’ll be watching and am hopeful for even a small uptick in playing time the next few weeks. 75% of snaps would create huge opportunity for Goodson because he’s proven that he can be around the ball when pushed into action. I think he’s as a good of a homerun chance as any IDP that’s sitting on your wire right now. Go get him for a week or two if you got an open roster spot.
His snap count sucks 

Hardy Nickerson started and played 100% of snaps under Marvin Lewis new regime.

Burfict looks banged up and washed up, Evans is not good, Vigil & Brown are injured so let's see.

Hardy Nickerson started and play 100% of snaps under Marvin Lewis new regime.

Burfict looks banged up and washed up, Evans is not good, Vigil & Brown are injured so let's see.
Thanks to the report at like 1245 pm EST on Sunday, I was in a lb bad situation because of multiple week 11 bye week guys. Grabbed Nickerson and started him, very good game for a last minute play.  I wanted to grab E Wilson also and didn’t and now I won’t have a shot at him as he had a nice game and my WW slot is near the bottom. 

Is Nickerson worth a good hard look with Preston Brown on IR or with the return of Vigil mean him and Burfict are the only IDPs worth owning in Cinci? This defense will see opportunity that’s for sure!

Hardy Nickerson started and played 100% of snaps under Marvin Lewis new regime.

while Evans isn't special, Nickerson isn't any better. in fact, last i checked, PFF rates Nickerson *behind* Evans but that would mean one puts stock in their grades.

honestly, i don't think there is much rhyme or reason to how Lewis views his personnel and players. Lewis just seems to be tapped out and praying for the season to end.

2nd week in a row I let Norton wreck me last week McDougald was his 6th ranked DB and sucked cost me 2 VP's and this week Jarred Davis was said to be a must play.........thanks for the 1 solo and 2 assists..............

DETROIT LIONS

With Mitchell Trubisky out for Thursday’s game, the Bears should rely more heavily on their running game. Considering Vikings middle linebacker Eric Kendricks had 12 solo stops against Chicago last week and opponents inside linebackers have averaged 7.2 since week five, Jarrad Davis is a must start this week.

Sure looks like Sheldon Rankins has hit his stride.

Got his 7th sack just now in the 2nd quarter of Turkeydays night game.

Sack leaders at DT (sorry Donald, your a 3-4 DE now with Heyward, Ionnaidis, Hicks, et al.) coming into week

• G Atkins 7
  • S Rankins 6
  • D Buckner 6
  • J Reed 5.5
  • K Clark 5
  • J Hargrave 5
  • G McCoy 5
The bolded are all the same draft class of 2016.

I figured I'd drop Rankins after Richardson had his bye, but he kept earning another week and now I'm dropping Richardson the next time something shiny emerged and Rankins is my keeper. 

I figured I'd drop Rankins after Richardson had his bye, but he kept earning another week and now I'm dropping Richardson the next time something shiny emerged and Rankins is my keeper. 
We have a bonus for DT scoring that is significant (2 pt per tackle vs 1 pt for DE and 10 pts  for sack vs 8 pts).  I stocked up on DT with Short, Irving, Cox, Clark, Autry and Rankins.  I can play up to 3 each week.  I haven't been playing Rankins because of Short but he has been disappointing.  I may have to go away from the names.....hahahaha

What happened to the other T Edmunds? He had a very solid game 8 tackles and an assist. He playing closer to the line now or was this a fluke? I didn’t watch the game so that’s why I am asking. 

What happened to the other T Edmunds? He had a very solid game 8 tackles and an assist. He playing closer to the line now or was this a fluke? I didn’t watch the game so that’s why I am asking. 
think he has more range then davis and the LB situation in Pittsburgh is less than ideal

Users who are viewing this thread