What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Anarchy League 6 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
LEAGUE 6 LEAGUE SITE is up, draft has been set to start on 8/18 at 10:30 am Eastern.
Timer is off, subject to change if there are problems.

Draft order:

01 - Biabreakable
02 - BassNBrew
03 - Cobalt Cruisin'
04 - Extreme-montage
05 - Ben & Jerry's
06 - Genester
07 - Jason Wood
08 - Ruffrodys
09 - bro1ncos
10 - Crippler
11 - Griggs Allmoon
12 - Hawkeye21
13 - Go DC Yourself
14 - rockaction
15 - Mr. Irrelevant
16 - ryheaps

Please show BassNBrew.
Heh. And with the second pick of the draft...

Seriously, though, I'd cut everyone some slack. I just found out about me being in the league this morning after you'd already picked, so it's not like there was weeks' worth of notice or anything.  

No, I lucked into getting in. I guess I had a previous account there. I'm gonna have to stay logged in the whole time we're doing this draft, because I don't even remember what email address it's tied to. Oh, wait, I just figured that out, too. Cool.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol but that’s why it took so long. David had it in the original email but I got the on the clock email first and didn’t check that
To be honest I am so used to autodrafting that having a actual live pick made me look around for a bit before I figured out how to do that.

I emailed Extreme_Mortgage to see if he is still in. He's not very active at FBG, so I am not sure how hard it is to reach him.

Just drafted in the second. That went quickly on the turn. People must be pre-drafting. Sorry for the brief delay of a couple of hours. bro1ncos is otc.  

Also, I'm on West Coast time so there may be times I'm a little behind or ahead, depending.  

eta* I've included my number for texts. Feel free if I'm OTC.  

rockaction said:
Also, I'm on West Coast time so there may be times I'm a little behind or ahead, depending.  

eta* I've included my number for texts. Feel free if I'm OTC.  
welcome to the leagues rockaction...and just fyi...you can set it up to receive a text alert when you are otc....

at the top.....For owners/franchise setup/wireless....

Should be set up and ready. Thanks, Stinkin Ref.  
Collectively most of us are pretty mellow and draft when we are available. As long as you make an effort to check in a couple times a day, you should be fine.

If your house is on fire, you are on the operating table, or if  you are getting mauled by a (Montana) grizzly bear, you can choose what your priorities are about when you want to get a pick in.

Collectively most of us are pretty mellow and draft when we are available. As long as you make an effort to check in a couple times a day, you should be fine.

If your house is on fire, you are on the operating table, or if  you are getting mauled by a (Montana) grizzly bear, you can choose what your priorities are about when you want to get a pick in.
Cool. Sounds good. 

Thanks to @rockaction for taking Gordon one pick ahead of me so I wasn't tempted to. 

1.15 - Packers TMQB, GBP
2.02 - Michael Thomas, WR NO
3.15 - Golden Tate, WR DET
4.02 - Trey Burton, TE CHI

(Wait. "0 RB" means their PPR value, not the optimal strategy? Well, damn.)

Is there something I don't know about Walkers injury?

I searched for information about it, which is pretty non-existent right now because the coaches do not have to report injuries. Everything I read seemed to think he should be ready to go for the start of the season.

We had a long wait there for awhile and so I keep looking over the options and Walker is just standing out there like a big juicy plum.  Oh well.

Biabreakable said:
Is there something I don't know about Walkers injury?

I searched for information about it, which is pretty non-existent right now because the coaches do not have to report injuries. Everything I read seemed to think he should be ready to go for the start of the season.

We had a long wait there for awhile and so I keep looking over the options and Walker is just standing out there like a big juicy plum.  Oh well.
I was wondering if I missed some news.  He finished 8th last year in scoring (excluding TMQB).  I was deciding between him and Engram at 3.2.  

Unfortunately I've filled my flex position in the 5th round.  That's not good news.

1.15 - Packers, TMQB1 GBP
2.02 - Michael Thomas, WR6 NO
3.15 - Golden Tate, WR21 DET
4.02 - Trey Burton, TE9 CHI
5.15 - Jamison Crowder, WR31 WAS
6.02 - Rex Burkead, RB26 NEP
7.15 - Eric Ebron, TE18 IND
8.02 - Titans, TMQB18 TEN

A few random observations as I near the halfway point:

• This is my third draft to get to this point this summer, and my third share of Marcus Mariota. My only concern is the "QB breakout with the new HC/OC" tends to be a Year 2 phenomenon so I might have jumped into the cab of this train 12 months early.
  • I love the point floor my Thomas / Tate / Crowder trio are going to provide, but there is sooooooo much WR depth this year that I have a feeling I'm going to regret making at least one of those picks in the next four rounds or so.
  • I selected the first Patriot running back to come off the draft board, because history has shown that strategy to be completely foolproof.  :mellow:
  • I can't believe it's 2018 and I'm still spending mid-round picks on Eric Ebron. What is wrong with me?

1.15 - Packers, TMQB1 GBP
2.02 - Michael Thomas, WR6 NO
3.15 - Golden Tate, WR21 DET
4.02 - Trey Burton, TE9 CHI
5.15 - Jamison Crowder, WR31 WAS
6.02 - Rex Burkead, RB26 NEP
7.15 - Eric Ebron, TE18 DET
8.02 - Titans, TMQB18 TEN

A few random observations as I near the halfway point:

• This is my third draft to get to this point this summer, and my third share of Marcus Mariota. My only concern is the "QB breakout with the new HC/OC" tends to be a Year 2 phenomenon so I might have jumped into the cab of this train 12 months early.
  • I love the point floor my Thomas / Tate / Crowder trio are going to provide, but there is sooooooo much WR depth this year that I have a feeling I'm going to regret making at least one of those picks in the next four rounds or so.
  • I selected the first Patriot running back to come off the draft board, because history has shown that strategy to be completely foolproof.  :mellow:
  • I can't believe it's 2018 and I'm still spending mid-round picks on Eric Ebron. What is wrong with me?
I don't dislike your start, but I would give it mixed reviews.

Packers QB. To take the first QB, IMO you have to be pretty much guaranteed a deep playoff run. If the Vikings are as good as I think they are, GB could easily lose a road playoff game in the WC round.

Thomas is a solid WR on a playoff team that scored a 50 extra points in the playoff. The Saints have decent playoff odds, but those 50 points could swing Thomas a lot in the rankings.

Tate is probably closer to the WR 10 than the WR20, so this one should be a strong pick, especially if Patricia can get them a playoff birth.

I have heard so much hype on Burton, including a beat guy suggesting he will hit 1,000 yards on the season. To be honest, I don't think anyone knows what he will do in CHI. I'm guessing 40-50 receptions. Who know what he will do with them.

I have Crowder as the best WAS receiver to own this year, but that's me. Borderline Top 20, but there certainly are other options in town.

IMO, Burkhead would be the NE RB to own if we knew he were healthy. I would guess 100 carries and 50 receptions and a bunch of TD. Michel is less healthy than Burkhead and will be a disappointment this year. Burkhead could be Top 15-20 in regular leagues and with probably playoff points even better.

Ebron in DET? Is he aware of that? I have owned Ebron multiple times and can't say that I was wowed with his performance. At least you didn't invest more. Maybe things change in IND.

If the preseason is any indication how Mariota will do, you may end up regretting this pick. I don't hate it, but I have the Titans on the outside looking in come playoff time. Their QB spot ranked 19th in this format last year . . . and that INCLUDES 55 playoff points. IMO, they have a lot of work to do to make this pick worthwhile for you.

Anarchy99 said:
I don't dislike your start, but I would give it mixed reviews.

Packers QB. To take the first QB, IMO you have to be pretty much guaranteed a deep playoff run. If the Vikings are as good as I think they are, GB could easily lose a road playoff game in the WC round.

Thomas is a solid WR on a playoff team that scored a 50 extra points in the playoff. The Saints have decent playoff odds, but those 50 points could swing Thomas a lot in the rankings.

Tate is probably closer to the WR 10 than the WR20, so this one should be a strong pick, especially if Patricia can get them a playoff birth.

I have heard so much hype on Burton, including a beat guy suggesting he will hit 1,000 yards on the season. To be honest, I don't think anyone knows what he will do in CHI. I'm guessing 40-50 receptions. Who know what he will do with them.

I have Crowder as the best WAS receiver to own this year, but that's me. Borderline Top 20, but there certainly are other options in town.

IMO, Burkhead would be the NE RB to own if we knew he were healthy. I would guess 100 carries and 50 receptions and a bunch of TD. Michel is less healthy than Burkhead and will be a disappointment this year. Burkhead could be Top 15-20 in regular leagues and with probably playoff points even better.

Ebron in DET? Is he aware of that? I have owned Ebron multiple times and can't say that I was wowed with his performance. At least you didn't invest more. Maybe things change in IND.

If the preseason is any indication how Mariota will do, you may end up regretting this pick. I don't hate it, but I have the Titans on the outside looking in come playoff time. Their QB spot ranked 19th in this format last year . . . and that INCLUDES 55 playoff points. IMO, they have a lot of work to do to make this pick worthwhile for you.
Thanks for the feedback. I don't think I've got a world-beating team here either, but let me try to address some of your points.

• IMO, predicting a "deep playoff run" for Rodgers, or Thomas, or anyone else is a fool's errand. With the possible exception of statistical model-breaker NE, how often do the preseason Vegas win total leaders make it to the conference title games, much less the Super Bowl? With my early picks I'll favor teams more likely than not to make the playoffs, but that's about it, because my operating assumption is that outcomes are fairly random from there.
  • The only coach I trust less than Belichick when it comes to health status updates is Pete Carroll. Unfortunately, if I want shares of Patriots (and I do) I don't get to choose the HC. I do think his upside case (14+, potentially 19 games earning the plurality of backfield points on a historically strong fantasy point-generating team) very much outweighs the downside for Burkhead at an RB26 price, even if that means being the first Pats RB drafted.
  • Burton is a combination of baseline (by all accounts he'll comfortably lead CHI TEs in targets) and upside. Walker was a strong consideration also, but with PPR magnets Thomas and Tate already in the fold at that stage I figured I could gamble on Burton's best case.
  • I will own Crowder in every PPR league this year if his ADP stays in the borderline WR3/4 range. Smith has always been an underrated signal-caller, I don't believe either Doctson or Richardson are much more than one-trick ponies, and that run game sans Guice is going to be a black hole.
  • Muscle memory on Ebron :D  I'm not a big fan of his in general, but the Colts have supported multiple top-24 TE options under Luck before, and as move TEs go, Ebron is the more talented of the Colts' duo. Time will tell whether that means any more in Indy than it did in Detroit.
  • Obviously, if I thought Mariota was going to put up another 13 TD / 15 INT regular season, I wouldn't have drafted him inside the top 20 QBs. But he won't. If nothing else, he's due for massive positive TD regression (the average NFL team scored twice as many passing as rushing TDs in 2017, whereas the Titans' ratio was 14:18); my pick was based on a forecast much closer to his 2016 line than his 2017. And (again, outside NE) we collectively most likely have very little idea who the AFC playoff teams will be. I happen to think the Titans are more likely than not to make it, but I can construct scenarios where they win 12 games, or 5.

I'm guessing Wet Work Scrappers hasn't checked up on football news and updated player injury reports in a couple of days.

I suggest people do a quick Google search before they hit click and draft someone.

I was surprised Alfred Morris fell to me. I thought at least BassNBrew might snipe him before I could, with the long pause there for awhile, similar to when he got Walker, but nope.

Thanks guys.

I was surprised Alfred Morris fell to me. I thought at least BassNBrew might snipe him before I could, with the long pause there for awhile, similar to when he got Walker, but nope.

Thanks guys.
With 3 tes my flex was already in place. I could have drafted him and forced anarchy to pull him off my roster which would have hosed you so you should offer thanks again

With 3 tes my flex was already in place. I could have drafted him and forced anarchy to pull him off my roster which would have hosed you so you should offer thanks again
I see. I didn't realize you had filled your RB slots already.

Thanks for paying attention to the rules.

Just a heads up for you guys.

I have to leave for awhile and won't be back until this evening Currently my two picks at 10 picks away. I predrafted the first pick, but because I haven't filled my flex spot yet, I can't predraft that pick right now. So I will make that pick when I get back later today. Sorry if you guys have to wait for me at all. Maybe we won't progress to my picks by the time I get back anyways though.

I guess there wasn't much reason for me to be worried it would hit my picks before I got back.

We were rolling pretty well for awhile there though.

I see we only have three or so rounds to go. Not bad.  
Yep my draft for this one is done once the last picks hits. I will be adding the last picked defense.

my haul

1.01    1.    Gurley, Todd LAR RB    

Gurley had an amazing season last year. Not as valuable in this format as others, but still a lot of points and points advantage. I also know the draft will be heavy on RB early and often. So getting the RB who in my opinion is the best one, which is saying something as there are many good RB in the league right now.

2.16    32.    Diggs, Stefon MIN WR    

I don't usually get Diggs although I am a huge fan of his. The connection with Cousins seems very real and I think Cousins is going help Diggs reach some of his unrealized potential.

3.01    33.    Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR    

The chosen one.

4.16    64.    Vikings, Minnesota MIN TMQB    

I think Cousins is a top 5 QB this season.

5.01    65.    Eagles, Philadelphia PHI TMQB    

Wentz still not cleared to play for week one, but I hope he will be cleared soon. Great offensive line and supporting cast.

6.16    96.    Howard, O.J. TBB TE    

I think Howard breaks out this season. First with Fitzpatrick then with Winston when he comes back.

7.01    97.    Davis, Vernon WAS TE    

I don't think I have any teams without Davis on them. Still the best athlete at TE I've ever seen. Jordan Reed always injured. Previous connection with Alex Smith.

8.16    128.    Williams, Mike LAC WR    

Will pick up a lot of red zone targets even though Gates has decided to come out of retirement.

9.01    129.    Clement, Corey PHI RB    

Eagles fans have convinced me Clement is going to be involved with their offense. Gets better if Ajayi gets hurt.

10.16    160.    Ridley, Calvin ATL WR    

My favorite rookie WR this year. I have been following Ridley for a pretty long time. I think he becomes the Falcons WR 2 surpassing Sanu right away.

11.01    161.    Tucker, Justin BAL PK    

Not Gost but still always in the top 5.

12.16    192.    Carlson, Daniel MIN PK    

Rookie kicker. Hopefully the Vikings stick with him all year and I get some extra games out of him.

13.01    193.    Patriots, New England NEP Def    

Their defense was trash last year but extra games as near to certainty as it gets.

14.16    224.    Morris, Alfred SFO RB    

I got lucky people drafted so many RB early that Morris slipped through to me.

15.01    225.    Taylor, Taywan TEN WR    

I think this guy emerges as the Titans 2nd WR this year. Im just not sure how good that will be with Mariota.

16.16    256.    Hill, Jeremy NEP RB    

Who knows with Patriots RB but Hill has been extremely effective short yardage and goal line RB and I think Bill appreciates that.

17.01    257.    Everett, Gerald LAR TE

Higbee still ahead of him on the depth chart. Everett is a more dynamic receiver though.

Yep my draft for this one is done once the last picks hits. I will be adding the last picked defense.

my haul

1.01    1.    Gurley, Todd LAR RB    

Gurley had an amazing season last year. Not as valuable in this format as others, but still a lot of points and points advantage. I also know the draft will be heavy on RB early and often. So getting the RB who in my opinion is the best one, which is saying something as there are many good RB in the league right now.

2.16    32.    Diggs, Stefon MIN WR    

I don't usually get Diggs although I am a huge fan of his. The connection with Cousins seems very real and I think Cousins is going help Diggs reach some of his unrealized potential.

3.01    33.    Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR    

The chosen one.

4.16    64.    Vikings, Minnesota MIN TMQB    

I think Cousins is a top 5 QB this season.

5.01    65.    Eagles, Philadelphia PHI TMQB    

Wentz still not cleared to play for week one, but I hope he will be cleared soon. Great offensive line and supporting cast.

6.16    96.    Howard, O.J. TBB TE    

I think Howard breaks out this season. First with Fitzpatrick then with Winston when he comes back.

7.01    97.    Davis, Vernon WAS TE    

I don't think I have any teams without Davis on them. Still the best athlete at TE I've ever seen. Jordan Reed always injured. Previous connection with Alex Smith.

8.16    128.    Williams, Mike LAC WR    

Will pick up a lot of red zone targets even though Gates has decided to come out of retirement.

9.01    129.    Clement, Corey PHI RB    

Eagles fans have convinced me Clement is going to be involved with their offense. Gets better if Ajayi gets hurt.

10.16    160.    Ridley, Calvin ATL WR    

My favorite rookie WR this year. I have been following Ridley for a pretty long time. I think he becomes the Falcons WR 2 surpassing Sanu right away.

11.01    161.    Tucker, Justin BAL PK    

Not Gost but still always in the top 5.

12.16    192.    Carlson, Daniel MIN PK    

Rookie kicker. Hopefully the Vikings stick with him all year and I get some extra games out of him.

13.01    193.    Patriots, New England NEP Def    

Their defense was trash last year but extra games as near to certainty as it gets.

14.16    224.    Morris, Alfred SFO RB    

I got lucky people drafted so many RB early that Morris slipped through to me.

15.01    225.    Taylor, Taywan TEN WR    

I think this guy emerges as the Titans 2nd WR this year. Im just not sure how good that will be with Mariota.

16.16    256.    Hill, Jeremy NEP RB    

Who knows with Patriots RB but Hill has been extremely effective short yardage and goal line RB and I think Bill appreciates that.

17.01    257.    Everett, Gerald LAR TE

Higbee still ahead of him on the depth chart. Everett is a more dynamic receiver though.
Very well done.  Like it much better than my team one slot later.

BASSNBREW

PLAYER2017 PTSBYE

Browns, Cleveland CLE TMQB254.3811

Coleman, Tevin ATL RB156.808

Montgomery, Ty GBP RB68.607

Murray, Latavius MIN RB158.1010

Penny, Rashaad SEA RB (Q)‐ 7

Hilton, T.Y. IND WR177.609

Jeffery, Alshon PHI WR (D)247.809

Meredith, Cameron NOS WR‐ 6

Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR114.5010

Stills, Kenny MIA WR178.7011

Engram, Evan NYG TE (Q)237.609

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE368.2011

Walker, Delanie TEN TE (Q)282.808

Lutz, Wil NOS PK191.406

Sturgis, Caleb LAC PK14.008

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def109.007

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def162.007

Very well done.  Like it much better than my team one slot later.

BASSNBREW

PLAYER2017 PTSBYE

Browns, Cleveland CLE TMQB254.3811

Coleman, Tevin ATL RB156.808

Montgomery, Ty GBP RB68.607

Murray, Latavius MIN RB158.1010

Penny, Rashaad SEA RB (Q)‐ 7

Hilton, T.Y. IND WR177.609

Jeffery, Alshon PHI WR (D)247.809

Meredith, Cameron NOS WR‐ 6

Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR114.5010

Stills, Kenny MIA WR178.7011

Engram, Evan NYG TE (Q)237.609

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE368.2011

Walker, Delanie TEN TE (Q)282.808

Lutz, Wil NOS PK191.406

Sturgis, Caleb LAC PK14.008

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def109.007

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def162.007
Missing on Walker hurt. That maybe could have put my team over the top. Great pick.

Your TE are going to blow everyone else away. Great kickers with playoff potential. Defenses have playoff potential too.

You also sniped me on Rashaad Penny. Not sure if you were looking at league two ADP or not, but this was similar range where I got him in league two. I do love Chris Carson. I just think Penny is a lot faster and can be a more dynamic RB than Carson. They might split this year though. Latavius Murray has looked good this preseason. I am mainly excited about the Vikings offensive line that was opening big holes for him. You don't have much at RB but these two I think have a chance to outperform.

Hilton should be great once Luck shakes some of the rust off. Jeffrey hurt. Not sure where Meridith is in the pecking order for Brees right now. I do think Brees will throw more this year than last which was somewhat of an anomaly. If I thought more of Case Keenum and Ryan Tannehill I might be excited about Sanders or Stills. I think they are pretty bad QB though.

The main weakness of your team is at QB. A spot you still have left to fill.

Missing on Walker hurt. That maybe could have put my team over the top. Great pick.

Your TE are going to blow everyone else away. Great kickers with playoff potential. Defenses have playoff potential too.

You also sniped me on Rashaad Penny. Not sure if you were looking at league two ADP or not, but this was similar range where I got him in league two. I do love Chris Carson. I just think Penny is a lot faster and can be a more dynamic RB than Carson. They might split this year though. Latavius Murray has looked good this preseason. I am mainly excited about the Vikings offensive line that was opening big holes for him. You don't have much at RB but these two I think have a chance to outperform.

Hilton should be great once Luck shakes some of the rust off. Jeffrey hurt. Not sure where Meridith is in the pecking order for Brees right now. I do think Brees will throw more this year than last which was somewhat of an anomaly. If I thought more of Case Keenum and Ryan Tannehill I might be excited about Sanders or Stills. I think they are pretty bad QB though.

The main weakness of your team is at QB. A spot you still have left to fill.
I've been cued up getting stuck with Buffalo QB for quite awhile.  Hopefully Allen runs a lot and Peterman doesn't INT me to the cellar in week 1.

I've been cued up getting stuck with Buffalo QB for quite awhile.  Hopefully Allen runs a lot and Peterman doesn't INT me to the cellar in week 1.
Taylor and Mayfield may actually be alright and finish somewhere middle of the pack with any luck.

I am less optimistic about Allen.

Almost done

Raiders, Oakland OAK TMQB

Texans, Houston HOU TMQB

Johnson, David ARI RB

Miller, Lamar HOU RB

Peterson, Adrian WAS RB

Ware, Spencer KCC

Foreman, D'Onta HOU RB

Evans, Mike TBB WR

Baldwin, Doug SEA WR

Kupp, Cooper LAR WR

Grant, Ryan IND WR

Richardson, Paul WAS WR

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Hurst, Hayden BAL TE

Catanzaro, Chandler TBB

Nugent, Mike OAK PK

Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def

I think a more fuller understanding of the rules would have helped out in my decision making process tremendously. I read them, I just don't think I got all the nuance that goes into them. Regardless, it's been fun so far and I look to improve upon this year by watching and observing how things are going and implementing certain tactics and strategies next year.  

What’s the longest average a person has ever had in one draft? Seven and a half hours has to be the longest. 

Users who are viewing this thread