What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 MBSL 1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

I'm going to make a placeholder pick as commish for Jeffery to move things along. If we can't use Eagles / Falcons I'll swap it out later for whatever is left.

Wonder who got McKinnon and who got Guice. ?

Will reset the draft and start the hour clock tomorrow at 9. Let me know if you’re a west coaster that might need a grace period 

Wish I would have seen this. Woke up around 8am and checked the site and saw AP picked for me. By the time I figured out what happened, 10 more picks went off the board. So it's just easier to keep AP. Wrong person, right team...would have picked Thompson.   :kicksrock:

1.13 13. Mr. Irrelevant Cook, Dalvin MIN RB
2.04 20. Mr. Irrelevant Allen, Keenan LAC WR
3.13 45. Mr. Irrelevant Walker, Delanie TEN TE
4.04 52. Mr. Irrelevant Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR
5.13 77. Mr. Irrelevant Ingram, Mark NOS RB
6.04 84. Mr. Irrelevant Luck, Andrew IND QB

No early-out risk for me here, noooooo sir.

7.13 109. Mr. Irrelevant Smith, Alex WAS QB Fri Sep 7 7:56:16 a.m. ET 2018
8.04 116. Mr. Irrelevant Morris, Alfred SFO RB Fri Sep 7 8:22:46 a.m. ET 2018
9.13 141. Mr. Irrelevant Jeffrey, Alshon PHI WR Fri Sep 7 12:40:23 p.m. ET 2018

Nope! No chance of going out Week 1. None at all! Nothing to see here! Move along!.  :lmao:

7.13 109. Mr. Irrelevant Smith, Alex WAS QB Fri Sep 7 7:56:16 a.m. ET 2018
8.04 116. Mr. Irrelevant Morris, Alfred SFO RB Fri Sep 7 8:22:46 a.m. ET 2018
9.13 141. Mr. Irrelevant Jeffrey, Alshon PHI WR Fri Sep 7 12:40:23 p.m. ET 2018

Nope! No chance of going out Week 1. None at all! Nothing to see here! Move along!.  :lmao:
Samuels with the Panthers is out this week if you want to add him next round.

Wish I would have seen this. Woke up around 8am and checked the site and saw AP picked for me. By the time I figured out what happened, 10 more picks went off the board. So it's just easier to keep AP. Wrong person, right team...would have picked Thompson.   :kicksrock:
When he leads you to the title you will be thankful.

Headed outside to do yardwork. I have pre-loaded five picks so it will go through the first time. However, if QB Kayaa is selected, he is a substitute for the Eagles DST

Man, when this thing moves, it moves.

If we ever have to bang one of these out like this again, might I suggest that it be set up so that when you're OTC and the timer expires, you just get skipped, and you can come back later and make your skipped pick from whatever's available in the Player Pool at that time? Personally, if I miss my pick, I don't care how many picks have been made when I check back; I still want to make my own pick from what's left, rather than be saddled with what I get assigned. Since we all have Commish access, it's simple to set up that way, so why not?

If we ever have to bang one of these out like this again, might I suggest that it be set up so that when you're OTC and the timer expires, you just get skipped, and you can come back later and make your skipped pick from whatever's available in the Player Pool at that time? Personally, if I miss my pick, I don't care how many picks have been made when I check back; I still want to make my own pick from what's left, rather than be saddled with what I get assigned. Since we all have Commish access, it's simple to set up that way, so why not?

I agree it would be better to skip picks instead of having the site make it for you...but we've been in the situation where someone disappears and they start missing 2,3,4 picks and it becomes an issue. So it is what it is for this draft. I don't think you should go back and change your picks because it could end up affecting who others pick after you. Ginn was on my short list but since he was gone, I went with someone else. Not saying I would have definitely drafted Ginn but your change could cause a chain reaction, which could just make things messier. 

It's late in the draft, a free MB draft as it is, and I suggest let's just roll with the outcomes. I did with AP. So should others. 

Seems pretty clear to me @Stephen Holloway wanted the Eagles DST based on a msg he left on MFL site. He’s got 15 min left on clock - if he doesn’t show up I’ll give it him a dummy pick as Commish before he times out so he can go in and replace.

ETA: or not, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree it would be better to skip picks instead of having the site make it for you...but we've been in the situation where someone disappears and they start missing 2,3,4 picks and it becomes an issue. So it is what it is for this draft. I don't think you should go back and change your picks because it could end up affecting who others pick after you. Ginn was on my short list but since he was gone, I went with someone else. Not saying I would have definitely drafted Ginn but your change could cause a chain reaction, which could just make things messier. 

It's late in the draft, a free MB draft as it is, and I suggest let's just roll with the outcomes. I did with AP. So should others. 
OK, I've switched this to skipping the pick.  Didn't want to do that initially because someone might miss a couple of picks and it impacts the balance of the league having a weak team or a few owners always getting a draft board with one more bette option.  Now that we are in K/D/backup mode it won't matter if someone is skipped.

I would be willing to swap Jarvis Landry and Chris Thompson for Adam Theilen and Adrian Peterson. Seems fair as they were drafted within 5 picks of each other.

If Bass doesn't care? I dunno maybe this is a slippery slope suggestion.

I am cool with what I have as well. Just saying several of us have flubbed some picks along the way.

Ooof....I made a pick remotely without seeing this thread and thought I got PHI dst....I posted it with my Sloter pick on the site as I did not see any other mention in the notes section of somebody else doing it...

Ooof....I made a pick remotely without seeing this thread and thought I got PHI dst....I posted it with my Sloter pick on the site as I did not see any other mention in the notes section of somebody else doing it...
I guess you can disregard this...SH said if Kayla got picked that was phi dst...but no KYaa pick so I guess phi dst is mine...if not let me know

Correct, Kaala was my third of five, but I got Brate who was #1. The draft moved fast while I was outside sweating like crazy in the humidity and I barely made it back for my next pick, which was made within the clock. Sorry for any issues, but the work had to be done.

OK - to keep us rolling I have a pre-set list of two this morning and I put Mr. Kayaa and Luke Falk as place holders

1) Atlanta DST

2) Jake Elliott PK Eagles

OK - to keep us rolling I have a pre-set list of two this morning and I put Mr. Kayaa and Luke Falk as place holders

1) Atlanta DST

2) Jake Elliott PK Eagles
Need to to weigh in.  You took the Eagles D which Ref had already picked.  I'll wait to pick until you get who you want.

BassNBrew said:
I'll pick in 30 mins and give Holloway Atlanta D if I haven't heard from him.
This is correct, I wanted Atlanta DST.

Sorry for any confusion, did my best to detail my choices

OK, here I go again. Kayaa this time is PK Jake Elliott Eagles

Sorry about drafting all the Thursday night players

I submitted a pre-draft and once again it has a Thursday night participant. If Roosevelt Nix is drafted by me, that is actually Corey Clement RB Philadelphia

Everyone in the League has the option of logging in as Owner or Commish. If you log in as Commish, can't you pick whoever you want, instead of subbing? I drafted Goedert while logged in as Commish on Friday, after he'd already played Thursday PM. Wouldn't that just be easier than drafting all these placeholders?

Everyone in the League has the option of logging in as Owner or Commish. If you log in as Commish, can't you pick whoever you want, instead of subbing? I drafted Goedert while logged in as Commish on Friday, after he'd already played Thursday PM. Wouldn't that just be easier than drafting all these placeholders?
I tried to draft a TNF player as commish and couldn’t for whatever reason, which is why I’ve been drafting placeholders and substituting. It’s entirely possible I’m too dumb to figure out how I should have been doing it all along.

I tried to draft a TNF player as commish and couldn’t for whatever reason, which is why I’ve been drafting placeholders and substituting. It’s entirely possible I’m too dumb to figure out how I should have been doing it all along.
Same issue here but someone has figured it out 

Please assign me Travis Benjamin, WR Chargers.

Merry Footballmas, everyone! Best of luck today, and all Sundays moving forward!!!

QB: Garrappolo, Winston - Waited and didn[t get burned too bad.  Only invested a 7th and 9th which allowed me strength elsewhere.  Garrappolo is ranked QB9, and Winston QB7 if you pro-rate his projections.

RB: Fournette, Henry, Hill, Montgomery - Spent a 1, 5, 10, and 15 here.  Wanted to handcuff Fournette but didn't get to it in time.  Henry in the 5th seemed like a value since I've seen him go in the 5th in 12 teamers.  May have taken Lewis in the 6th but @Shadowfax scooped him up one before me.  Regardless of what happens in GB at the RB position, Montgomery will see snaps.  Even if it's 5 pts a week, that may be enough to advance.  I've been getting a lot of shares of Hill lately hoping he becomes the goal line back in NE.

WR: Cooks, Fuller, Gordon, Moore, Watkins - We'll see how this shakes out.  Two guys their team last year didn't want, a guy who's already hurt, a guy who's a bad day away from being out of the league, and a rookie with Cam throwing to him.  Definitely have the talent to take the roof off at any time.  I really wanted a 6th but I don't ever recall the cupboard being this bare in the late rounds.  I'll probably be taking a few zeros from time to time as a result.

TE: Graham, Hooper - Really believe Graham could be TE1 or 2 so I paid up with a 2nd.  Usually I don't like my team when taking a TE early, but the rest of the league followed suit with 11 selected in under 3.5 rounds pushing talent down the draft.  

K: Eliiot, Rosas - Two kickers with the same bye.  Week 9 is a heavy bye week and I only have one other player off that week so I took the chance.

D: Houston, Cleveland, Seattle - When I didn't see any WRs I like, I took a 3rd defense.  Hoping for a year like the one where I averaged almost 18 pts a week at D.  The reality is the Ds aren't good enough to pull that off.

Enjoyed it gents.

This draft was kind of a mess for me.

First of all I don't really play survivor format much, so I was too slow to anticipate people over valuing the RB position due to its scarcity. I think my weakness at the RB position is going to be something sending me off the island when the rest of my players don't do enough.

Another problem was that I was thinking playoff games count, that is until I ended up with Jarvis Landry because I forgot to predraft my 3rd pick somehow. I thought I had set it up, but it was pretty late that night i did and must have botched it. Not that Landry is bad, and not as bad in a format that doesn't have playoff games.

Also RB get points for receptions, so I could have focused on some of those RB. Anyhow I think I needed to prioritize the RB more than I did. I also may not have taken Brady as high as I did if I had not been thinking about playoff potential. After the Landry pick I figured out the rules and scoring, but it was kind of too late by then. Besides RB I wish I would have drafted a couple more QB just to diversify the output from that position more and also to block some of you from having decent QB. I would have liked to get 3 defenses as well. My predrafted led to me drafting too many WR and too many Browns. 

1.06    6.    Brown, Antonio PIT WR    

This is a great way to start. Somewhat mortal without Big Ben on the field. Might see more volume due to Bell holding out.

2.11    27.    Brady, Tom NEP QB    

Could be the number one QB. I don't have much else at the position, so when he has a bad game I might be done.

3.06    38.    Landry, Jarvis CLE WR    

I really love Jarvis Landry. Tough as they come and I think he is a player to set the tone and help Cleveland climb out of this malaise of failure. Still would have preferred Theilen even without playof potential difference.

4.11    59.    Hyde, Carlos CLE RB    

I don't think i had enough RB in my draft list. I am ok with Hyde but as my 1st RB its weak. I may be leaving early just due to lack of points from the RB position.

5.06    70.    Agholor, Nelson PHI WR    

I wouldn't have had him as high if I wasn't thinking of extra playoff games. Still a decent pick though, just not as good without that.

6.11    91.    Njoku, David CLE TE    

Really love Njoku who has looked impressive this preseason. Still a Brown though.

7.06    102.    Vikings, Minnesota MIN Def    

I am glad to get the Vikings defense who hopefully do well all season and gives me an advantage here. I still would have liked to hit two more defenses earlier than I did to follow it up.

8.11    123.    Thompson, Chris WAS RB    

I finally got with the scoring system and was lucky to add Thompson at this point. 

9.06    134.    Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK    

Best kicker in the game. Lack of playoffs makes this less good.

10.11    155.    Lutz, Wil NOS PK    

Another good kicker. While I like the idea of diversifying for higher scoring potential each week, this pick was most just because of my predraft order having Gost and Lutz pretty close on it.

11.06    166.    Davis, Vernon WAS TE    

I would have to search hard to find a team of mine that does not have Davis on it. Great player, Reed always hurt, history with Alex Smith, this league does still give 2 points for receptions to TE. Should have been drafted higher.

12.11    187.    Doctson, Josh WAS WR    

I dunno about Doctson. This likely could have been a QB or defense pick if I could do things over. There are so many good WR to take.

13.06    198.    Miller, Anthony CHI WR    

I love Anthony Miller and I think he will have 60 receptions for the Bears this year, possibly more.

14.11    219.    Kirk, Christian ARI WR    

Similar to Miller I think Kirk could be the Cardinals 3rd most used skill player and that could be 60 or more receptions.

15.06    230.    Rosen, Josh ARI QB    

I waited way too long to take more QB. I wanted Rosen and Bradford. Took the player who I think is more durable but not the starter. I did not get Bradford though.

16.11    251.    Allen, Josh BUF QB    

I think this is going to be a nightmare but its a starting QB. I wonder if he can outscore Brady in any games this year? Seems unlikely but anything is possible.

17.06    262.    Mayfield, Baker CLE QB    

Another QB not starting (yet). I thought Mayfield looked good. I think he has "it" the competitive desire to be great. Taylor is good too though and Hue Jackson is still the coach. Not sure how much if at all he will play this year.

18.11    283.    49ers, San Francisco SFO Def

A second defense. As I mentioned I would have preferred to draft 3 for this format.

Thanks BassNBrew for the draft. Maybe I will do a few more survivors next year. It is a somewhat different format for me.

Good luck everyone. Game on!!!

Problem that I will have to resolve.  Maggot point out that he is the rightful owner of Clement.  I'll give BTSW a player later.  Hopefully it doesn't impact standings.

Well that was quick.  Thought I has a decent team, I was very wrong.  I'm going to move Jeremy Hill from my eliminated team to btsw to fixed the problem above if there are any objections.

PLAYER 2017 PTS BYE
Luck, Andrew IND QB ‐ 9
Smith, Alex WAS QB 399.60 4

Anderson, C.J. CAR RB 175.10 4
Cook, Dalvin MIN RB 67.40 10
Ingram, Mark NOS RB (S) 284.00 6
Morris, Alfred SFO RB 72.20 11

Allen, Keenan LAC WR 278.20 8
Hurns, Allen DAL WR 99.40 8
Jeffery, Alshon PHI WR 189.90 9
Ridley, Calvin ATL WR ‐ 8
Sanu, Mohamed ATL WR 176.85 8
Smith-Schuster, J PIT WR191.70 7
Wilson, Albert MIA WR 116.00 11

Seals-Jones, R ARI TE 62.10 9
Walker, Delanie TEN TE 252.50 8

Bryant, Matt ATL PK 137.00 8
Bills, Buffalo BUF Def 109.00 11
Patriots, NE NEP Def 102.00 11

Welp, folks, it was a ride. Great call by me spending my last position player pick on a WR7 rather than a TE3.

PLAYER 2017 PTS BYE
Luck, Andrew IND QB ‐ 9
Smith, Alex WAS QB 399.60 4

Anderson, C.J. CAR RB 175.10 4
Cook, Dalvin MIN RB 67.40 10
Ingram, Mark NOS RB (S) 284.00 6
Morris, Alfred SFO RB 72.20 11

Allen, Keenan LAC WR 278.20 8
Hurns, Allen DAL WR 99.40 8
Jeffery, Alshon PHI WR 189.90 9
Ridley, Calvin ATL WR ‐ 8
Sanu, Mohamed ATL WR 176.85 8
Smith-Schuster, J PIT WR191.70 7
Wilson, Albert MIA WR 116.00 11

Seals-Jones, R ARI TE 62.10 9
Walker, Delanie TEN TE 252.50 8

Bryant, Matt ATL PK 137.00 8
Bills, Buffalo BUF Def 109.00 11
Patriots, NE NEP Def 102.00 11

Welp, folks, it was a ride. Great call by me spending my last position player pick on a WR7 rather than a TE3.
Dude, I'm at 80 and done.  Never been eliminated in week 1 and may lose 3 teams this week.

Users who are viewing this thread