What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's My Drop? (1 Viewer)

TroutMask

Footballguy
 I have to drop a player for my weekly kicker stream - who goes?  Please note specialized league settings:

10-Team Half PPR 2-QB, 2-Flex Redraft (H2H Record 4-1 1st Place)

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Jared Goff, Kirk Cousins

RB: Todd Gurley, Joe Mixon, James Conner, Austin Ekeler, Aaron Jones, Nyheim Hines, Wendell Smallwood

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Jarvis Landry, John Brown, Tyler Boyd, Amari Cooper

TE: Rob Gronkowski

D: Stream

K: Stream

If push comes to shove I would actually probably drop Cooper as well.  Smallwood would be a close second.  But the question I have is why not just drop your previously streamed kicker?  I assume you are dropping your previously streamed defense to get a new streaming defense (if you need to change).

My other question is how is your kicker scoring?  I have gone without a kicker for a couple weeks before in leagues where the kicker scoring is so low it doesn't really make much of a difference if you have a kicker or not.  This was dependent upon the matchup and whether I thought I could get away with a zero in the kicker spot and still win.   

Another option is to find a kicker already on roster that has already had their bye that you wouldn't mind having as your every week kicker and offer up Smallwood (or whoever you were planning on dropping) to the owner of the kicker you want.  I couldn't see an owner turning that down and since you were going to lose that guy anyway you can hand pick the kicker you want. 

My other question is how is your kicker scoring?  I have gone without a kicker for a couple weeks before in leagues where the kicker scoring is so low it doesn't really make much of a difference if you have a kicker or not.  This was dependent upon the matchup and whether I thought I could get away with a zero in the kicker spot and still win.   
Bingo.  I've done this as well a couple weeks this season when I've had easy matchups, but this week's opponent is no pushover, so I think I need to add one.

Well, I just traded my Packers D/ST stream and Amari Cooper for Bears D/ST, and now I can add my kicker.

Users who are viewing this thread