What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap. (7 Viewers)

Based on the above, Clinton definitely knew what was going on with Epstein and young girls but never said anything to anyone? 
Let's be perfectly clear.  Clinton was/is a total slimeball. But anything he ever did that was immoral; illegal; or unethical is totally ok because my stock portfolio did really well during those years.  (Can I get an "Amen" Trumpsters?)

Let's be perfectly clear.  Clinton was/is a total slimeball. But anything he ever did that was immoral; illegal; or unethical is totally ok because my stock portfolio did really well during those years.  (Can I get an "Amen" Trumpsters?)
I think we have several guys on record stating something to that effect. Thankfully we already know how they feel!

I want justice when we have proof regardless of the political affiliation.
Just because somebody points out that most of these guys involved with Epstein are Democrats and Epstein was a huge Democrat fundraiser doesn’t mean you want any less justice.

This came out hours before Epstein died-

A woman testified that Jeffrey Epstein sent her to have sex while she was underage with former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson (D) and former Sen. George Mitchell (D-Maine), allegations the two men deny. 

Though none of the men named in the documents released Friday have been charged, they are additions to a growing list of high-profile figures with alleged associations with Epstein.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/news/456923-epstein-accuser-named-former-governor-senator-in-testimony-prosecutors%3famp

Just because somebody points out that most of these guys involved with Epstein are Democrats and Epstein was a huge Democrat fundraiser doesn’t mean you want any less justice.

This came out hours before Epstein died-

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/news/456923-epstein-accuser-named-former-governor-senator-in-testimony-prosecutors%3famp
Most of these guys involved with Epstein appear to be foreign nationals - Prince Andrew, Jean-Luc Brunel, Vanessa Von Bismarck and her husband Max Weiner, Nicolas Berggruen.  It's a who's who of the international jet set.

Can't they both be pieces of #### who obviously knew what he was into?
And even if they didn't know about the underage girls, every single person who hung out with that guy had to know he was a scumbag who exploits women, even if they didn't know he did it to girls.

It should be disqualifying from public office on so many levels for anyone heavily involved with him.

In the 80s and 90s, sexual harassment and sexual exploitation of women were incredibly pervasive - today is really bad, then was abhorrent.  But that's one of many reasons we need to start electing people who weren't full fledged adults then and didn't live in that culture.  We need to institute an "under 50" rule for new elected officials for a while.

In the 80s and 90s, sexual harassment and sexual exploitation of women were incredibly pervasive - today is really bad, then was abhorrent.  But that's one of many reasons we need to start electing people who weren't full fledged adults then and didn't live in that culture.  We need to institute an "under 50" rule for new elected officials for a while.
This is why any time any of the Bernie people hit me up for money I tell them that I'm done with old white guys.

Perfect. We can all talk to the cell phonez that will be in front of their faces at all times.

So a Biden-Bernie ticket is out of the question?  Got almost 160 years of life experience.  Looks like it is Mayor Pete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sexual assault was celebrated in film in the 80’s.  See:  Porky’s.  

Which is why I’d bet my mortgage that Kavanaugh really doesn’t think “boofing” was a term for farting.  And he clearly knew the “Devil’s Triangle” wasn’t a drinking game. 

But lying under oath is cool if you’re going to be a SCJ, so no biggie.  

You cant figure Trump I know.

But only reason for him to go near this story is if their are real skeletons in the closet.

Agree 100%. Especially now that Barr has his very public marching orders. 

Seems to me JE was, among other things and based on his wide circle of influence, a bridge for any amount of activities or information the elite concerned themselves with. It seems like he could be bought with underage women/girls as much as he dealt in them. 

There's a certain amount of morbid romanticism associated with the activities of the elite, and Trump is as much obsessed with this notion as anyone I've ever payed attention to. I can honestly see Trump's relatively innocent association - Trump's stance although I'm not sure I believe him - with someone like JE being the path to nailing him with something very serious indeed. 

With the kind of power Trump has amassed, though, I'm not sure we'll ever know. 

Sexual assault was celebrated in film in the 80’s.  See:  Porky’s.  

Which is why I’d bet my mortgage that Kavanaugh really doesn’t think “boofing” was a term for farting.  And he clearly knew the “Devil’s Triangle” wasn’t a drinking game. 

But lying under oath is cool if you’re going to be a SCJ, so no biggie.  
I'm a year younger than him, watched this movie multiple times and I have no idea what either of those things are

What say you, William Barr?  :popcorn:

Sasse calls on DOJ to 'rip up' Epstein nonprosecution deal to bring 'co-conspirators to justice'

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) on Tuesday urged Attorney General William Barrto "rip up" a 2008 nonprosecution deal for disgraced financier and accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, arguing that the Justice Department must bring his co-conspirators to justice in wake of his death. 

"The victims of Epstein’s international sex trafficking ring deserve justice," Sasse, who is the chairman of the Senate Judiciary oversight subcommittee, wrote in a letter to Barr on Tuesday.

"In order to bring Epstein’s co-conspirators to justice, the Department of Justice should rip up the non-prosecution, non-investigation agreement entered into by Epstein and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida in 2008," he continued.

Given to hyperbole much?

I'm a year younger than him, watched this movie multiple times and I have no idea what either of those things are
I'm a child of the 80's, same age as Kavanaugh, never heard of either term.

Amused to Death said:
What say you, William Barr?  :popcorn:

Sasse calls on DOJ to 'rip up' Epstein nonprosecution deal to bring 'co-conspirators to justice'

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) on Tuesday urged Attorney General William Barrto "rip up" a 2008 nonprosecution deal for disgraced financier and accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, arguing that the Justice Department must bring his co-conspirators to justice in wake of his death. 

"The victims of Epstein’s international sex trafficking ring deserve justice," Sasse, who is the chairman of the Senate Judiciary oversight subcommittee, wrote in a letter to Barr on Tuesday.

"In order to bring Epstein’s co-conspirators to justice, the Department of Justice should rip up the non-prosecution, non-investigation agreement entered into by Epstein and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida in 2008," he continued.
I spent a number of hours over the  years reading and researching the political scandals that flowed from the Reagan Administration to the GHWBush Administration, and two major nicknames follow Barr around those years: spear-catcher and Cover-Up General. Barr orchestrated the effort to squash the appointment of a special prosecutor in what was called Iraqgate. And Barr convinced GHWB to go through with the Christmas Eve pardons.

Now we have the same man as AG. I don't believe it is a coincidence.

I spent a number of hours over the  years reading and researching the political scandals that flowed from the Reagan Administration to the GHWBush Administration, and two major nicknames follow Barr around those years: spear-catcher and Cover-Up General. Barr orchestrated the effort to squash the appointment of a special prosecutor in what was called Iraqgate. And Barr convinced GHWB to go through with the Christmas Eve pardons.

Control the narrative, control the "investigation." Blame and implicate as needed.

Jeffrey Epstein before he died: “The only thing worse than being called a pedophile is being called a hedge fund manager:” 

I like many had no idea who this guy was.

Per Wiki,

Barr worked for the Central Intelligence Agency in the 1970s. He served in the Reagan administration during the 1980s and also worked as a partner at a law firm. Before becoming Attorney General in 1991, Barr was an Assistant Attorney General and a Deputy Attorney General. During his first tenure as Attorney General, Barr "oversaw high-profile investigations into the savings and loan scandal, Manuel Noriega – the corrupt former dictator of Panama convicted in 1992 of racketeering – and the 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103".   In a 1992 report entitled The Case for More Incarceration, Barr argued for an increase in the United States incarceration rate; he has been an influential advocate for tougher criminal justice policies.  Following his departure from the Department of Justice, Barr worked for telecommunications companies and engaged in the private practice of law.

After being nominated in December 2018 by President Donald Trump to serve as Attorney General a second time, Barr was confirmed by the U.S. Senate and sworn in as the 85th United States Attorney General on February 14, 2019.

I think Kavanaugh was just saying these terms were stupid things his friends made up. He told us what they meant to him and his friends if you believe him.
The lie is what makes it worse. It’s very Trump-like, lying just to lie. Putting those terms in the yearbook does prove his guilt at all. Kids say and do stupid things all the time and high schoolers especially exaggerate their sexual conquests. Lying about it only puts into question everything else he was denying.

D The lie is what makes it worse. It’s very Trump-like, lying just to lie. Putting those terms in the yearbook does prove his guilt at all. Kids say and do stupid things all the time and high schoolers especially exaggerate their sexual conquests. Lying about it only puts into question everything else he was denying.
I don’t remember the exact way the yearbook stuff was brought up but my memory of it was that he simply said we had these names for farting and quarters and we put them in our yearbook. 

He had to come up with something because he was being asked what these terms meant during one the questioning periods by a senator.

Personally I thought he was lying but I remember at the time thinking there’s no way to know.  

Good article here from late June:

Why Bill Barr Is So Dangerous

>>He is using the office he holds to advance his extraordinary lifetime project of assigning unchecked power to the presidency<<

Just reading through the comments here and in the mainstream blogosphere in the last few days I get the sense that there is a lot of pushback on the idea that the BOP could have done something to stop Epstein's suicide (the system fails everyone everywhere), and also that the case and investigation are more than strong and maybe stronger without his presence. And those arguments have been persuasive.

But that doesn't affect some strong need for questioning what is going on.

• BOP is under the Trump administration of course. This was incompetence on a massive scale. The budget report just came out and spending, already in extremely high deficit, is 27% over budget, and yet we don't have money to staff and properly administer a jail that holds America' most important witnesses and defendants?
  • Barr or his new Deputy AG Rosen accommodated Paul Manafort's attorneys' request that he be kept at SDNY MCC instead of Rikers. Did a similar request happen with Epstein and his lawyers seeking he be released from suicide watch?
  • Who at BOP is ultimately responsible for this? 'The guards did it' really isn't going to suffice.
  • The guy was arrested in early June. Before that he was arrested and convicted in federal court circa 2007. Yet it took til this week and a couple days after his death to finally raid his island redoubt?

Last edited by a moderator:
Daywalker said:
You cant figure Trump I know.

But only reason for him to go near this story is if their are real skeletons in the closet.
This is a guy who is deeply paranoid and insecure. His panic is never ending and he seems to constantly self-incriminate. The why of that is deeply psychological.

Who at BOP is ultimately responsible for this? 'The guards did it' really isn't going to suffice.
Well the Warden was re-assigned.

But ultimately - this is on Barr and Congress.

We don't want to spend what it takes to adequately house, feed, and supervise the prison population.  Nobody minds when the prisons are short-changed, because ####-em - they are in prison.  But, we need a prison overhaul that extends far beyond who we lock up, or for how long.  We do a pretty crappy job of rehabilitating prisoners by forcing them to live in unsavory conditions.

(and don't get me started on those local jails where county sheriffs are profiting by keeping (legally) any money they don't spend on food for prisoners).

Hopefully they re-assigned the warden to a juvenile detention center.
If I read correctly - he has basically been reassigned to a desk job at a BOP office.

"The warden, Lamine N'diaye, will be moved to a Bureau of Prisons regional office and will be replaced by James Petrucci, the warden of the federal prison in Otisville, New York."

Users who are viewing this thread