What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap. (1 Viewer)

So the mystery visiting lawyer was probably Mariel Colon Miro. Not exactly a first year associate. 
Just as a follow up on this as you were (of course) right on this:

The 26-Year-Old Defense Attorney Whose First Two Clients Were El Chapo and Jeffrey Epstein

...Colón Miró would go on to join El Chapo’s trial team as an attorney and impress his seasoned defense attorneys so much that one of them hired her to join Jeffrey Epstein’s defense team before the convicted sex offender committed suicide.

...One night in July, El Chapo got a new neighbor. After Epstein was arrested at Teterboro Airport, he was put in a cell three doors down from El Chapo at the MCC — though that arrangement only lasted one night. Not long after Epstein’s arrest, Colón Miró was brought onto his legal team by Marc Fernich, another of Guzmán’s attorneys who took on the Epstein case.

“She doesn’t scare,” said Fernich. “She’s not intimidated by grisly accusations against clients. She deals with them as human beings.”

It wasn’t long before Colón Miró was visiting Epstein at the MCC regularly. She wouldn’t talk about the specifics of her interactions with Epstein except to say that, like El Chapo, she saw him as innocent until proven guilty. “I don’t think that he’s the monster that the press made him out to be, at all.”

...Three days before Epstein committed suicide, Colón Miró visited him at the MCC and served as a witness to his will. When Bloomberg reported on the will, including Colón Miró’s signature, people began sending her Facebook messages and leaving voicemails. She’d gotten similar messages throughout El Chapo’s trial. They always seemed to end up asking the same question: “How do you sleep at night?” ...

- And oh btw she went to Loyola undergrad.  :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I still can't believe the suicide story has gained this much traction - I thought people mostly don't believe in conspiracy theories. 

I would say it depends how old and or cheap they are. I have some experience with CCTV and they do have problems at times, but are more reliable than not. 
So what are the odds that two camera's would malfunction at the same time? I'm being serious because maybe there is old, outdated equipment in our prison systems and the stuff breaks all the time? I dunno. I'd guess other than Super Max prisons they probably aren't running the latest & greatest.

I'm waiting to hear the timeline for the hallway camera. If it went out at exactly 4:16 am, I'd put a lot of weight into the story an unnamed source is putting out.

This being a real suicide feels like more of a conspiracy than anything else at this point.  There seems to be far too many coincidences in this story.

So what are the odds that two camera's would malfunction at the same time? I'm being serious because maybe there is old, outdated equipment in our prison systems and the stuff breaks all the time? I dunno. I'd guess other than Super Max prisons they probably aren't running the latest & greatest.
Very rare. If it was a known issue, there should at least be a work order log for requested maintenance. If they both went down the night of, it's very strange. 

This being a real suicide feels like more of a conspiracy than anything else at this point.  There seems to be far too many coincidences in this story.
I think the oddest part is how Epstein ended up in an orange jumpsuit. Prisoners reported Epstein was wearing a pickle suit (anti suicide smock) the day of.  

They must have changed him before departing while doing CPR on a purple corpse. 

Very rare. If it was a known issue, there should at least be a work order log for requested maintenance. If they both went down the night of, it's very strange. 
Kinda what I figured. I'm trying hard not to go down the obvious road with this but the coincidences associated with this event are making it difficult to believe the current narrative.

I still believe it was a suicide but a very well orchestrated one.

An anonymous man terrified he’s about to be named in court papers related to Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell’s alleged child sex trafficking ring is begging a judge not to release his name and identities of others accused — because it could tarnish their reputations, according to a surprise motion filed Tuesday.

Lawyers for the John Doe filed the letter Tuesday — just a day before Epstein’s self-proclaimed “sex slave” Virginia Roberts Giuffre is expected to join her lawyers in court as they continue efforts to unseal thousands of pages of documents related to her civil lawsuit against the dead pedophile’s alleged procuress.

“As a non-party to these proceedings, Doe lacks specific knowledge about the contents of the Sealed Materials,” his lawyers wrote to Manhattan federal court judge Loretta Preska. “But it is clear that these materials implicate the privacy and reputational interests of many persons other than the two primary parties to this action, Giuffre and Maxwell.”

The letter goes on to say a prior judge overseeing the case summarized the still-secret documents as containing a “range of allegations of sexual acts involving Plaintiff and non-parties to this litigation, some famous, some not; the identities of non-parties who either allegedly engaged in sexual acts with Plaintiff or who allegedly facilitated such acts.”

Doe’s lawyers do not say in the papers if he is famous, or what accusations he expects to face in the court papers. His attorneys did not immediately return a message.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/03/john-doe-begs-judge-not-to-name-names-in-epstein-gal-pal-case/

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/09/03/queen-finally-getting-a-clue-she-fears-prince-andrews-epstein-scandal-could-cause-lasting-damage-reports-say/

Queen finally getting a clue? She fears Prince Andrew’s role in Epstein scandal could cause ‘lasting’ damage, reports say

‘Andrew’s association with (Epstein) is deeply damaging and he needs to deal with it,’ royal aide tells Sunday Times

There are “increasing signs of alarm at Buckingham Palace over what one royal source complained had become a public relations ‘fiasco,'” the Sunday Times added. Another source close to Elizabeth said she is “concerned and distressed by all this.”

The queen overall is worried that “the Epstein affair is bringing a more lasting whiff of scandal to the monarchy,” the Sunday Times added.

Giuffre told the media outside of a federal court in Manhattan last week that Andrew “knows exactly what he’s done, and I hope he comes clean about it.” More negative headlines could come if Andrew resists talking to the FBI in its ongoing investigation of Epstein’s alleged crimes — even though one report said Andrew was willing to be questioned.

Royal aides also fear that more embarrassing revelations could come in U.S. federal court come if any of Epstein’s employees or associates are charged in his sex trafficking operation, the Sunday Times said. Attorneys for Epstein’s victims have also said they want to talk to Andrew about what, if anything, he knows.

Max Power said:
I think Levin was the lawyer with deep DC ties.
Lewin - and Yeah, double checked it, he does.

Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Southern District of New York - 2007

Guantanamo Review Task Force, Washington, D.C - 2009

Special Counsel to FBI Director Robert Mueller - 2012

Special counsel to FBI Director James Comey - 2013

Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Southern District of New York - 2014
Could be nothing, but I'm putting my money on a DC insider. 

This reminds me of the NXVIM pedophile sex slave cult.  I wouldn't be surprised if some connections between Epstein and NXVIM are eventually made.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/05/british-actress-distraught-over-being-linked-to-jeffrey-epsteins-inner-circle/
Emmy Tayler worked as a PA to Ghislaine Maxwell, alleged to have procured young women for Epstein to molest, in the early 2000s.
- Daily Mirror, linked within.

This isn't an actress caught up in this thing, this is a person involved in this thing who happens to be an actress.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill-gates-connections-jeffrey-epstein-mit-donations-ronan-farrow-2019-9

Microsoft founder, philanthropist, and former richest person in the world Bill Gates has been connected to the late financier Jeffrey Epstein before.

Now, an additional connection was reported by The New Yorker, which obtained emails from MIT Media Lab directors that say the convicted sex offender "directed" Gates to donate $2 million to the research lab in October 2014.

The latest link comes after reported meetings between the two wealthy men, including one in New York in 2013 that preceded a ride to Palm Beach in one of Epstein's private planes, along with Gates' former chief scientific adviser being namedas alternate executor to Epstein's will.

Epstein's run-ins with Gates demonstrate yet again how vast wealth opens doors, regardless of one's criminal background, as Epstein was convicted of two counts of soliciting underage girls for prostitution before his known ties to Gates occurred

@Sand My intention wasnt to give you an eye roll answer to deter conversation. I did it to try to enlist some critical thinking with others here.

The media is quick to "debunk" things and some people only think news releases from CNN are facts.  

Most people see the Epstein situation as a WTF is really going on. Well the reported facts are the guy managed money, had issues with pedophilia, and there is nothing to make of his friends and business contacts. 

I was trying to point out that just because things haven't been released by the MSM, doesn't mean there isnt more to the story. 

Pathologist Michael Baden will be on Fox and Friends Wednesday morning to discuss the Epstein autopsy results. Dr. Baden was hired by Epstein's lawyers to observe the autopsy. I'll be interested to hear what he says. 

Epstein's lawyers have expressed continued skepticism regarding the conclusion of suicide.

It kind of looks like Epstein was abducted and killed.  Not arrested to face his day in court.  I have nothing but contempt for this guy, but the NY justice system should have kept him alive.  Even if it was actually a suicide, that seems like a huge systemic failure.  I don't see what good it does for prison to be so unlivable that suicide is seen as a viable option.  

Wasn't Baden a hired gun on the OJ case?  Or am I thinking of someone else?
Yes.  And the one who was on the Michael Brown case.  I do hope to people who never credited a word he wrote in the Michael Brown case now have the same perspective on his work.

I'd lay odds Epstein's got an accidental death policy.

Users who are viewing this thread