What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeffrey Epstein: there is definitely nothing to see here folks, I am feeling very sleepy, I think I'll take a nice nap. (3 Viewers)

I thought that too - however, now that I’ve seen the agreement I think I know what it’s about. There are three (4?) listed potential co-conspirators, all female, none household names. 

Reading the SDNY indictment makes clear his behavior - he’d get girls to come on the pretense of massage and then get them to do more. He’d also pay some of those victims to find new recruits. Finding new recruits and making arrangements was also a task for personal assistant-types. 

My guess is that the “co-conspirators” in the non-pros agreement are those types. Personal assistants, or even other victim/masseuses that participated in recruiting or making arrangements. 

Epstein may have fought for a non-pros agreement for those staffers, which the DOJ was fine with because 1) those people probably ended up making statements against Epstein, and 2) the DOJ wasn’t going to prosecute them in any event.

Keep in mind that trafficking a minor (under 18) for sex carries a mandatory minimum 10 years imprisonment.  And in many sex trafficking cases, other than the pimp himself, there’s often not a clear line between “victim” and “co-conspirator.” I’ve definitely seen cases where potential co-conspirator girls have been let off the hook because they were previously victims, and/or they were under the thumb of the pimp.

”sex trafficking” can be the international smuggling of girls, but in the vast majority of cases it’s making arrangements through Backpage or Craigslist, or someone driving a prostitute across state lines for paid sex.

I know people are speculating that the mystery co-conspirators are men like Clinton, Trump, and Dershowitz, but so far the substantiated accusations are all nickel and dime variety that Epstein probably kept to himself.  

That makes sense. Thank you.

My guess is that the “co-conspirators” in the non-pros agreement are those types. Personal assistants, or even other victim/masseuses that participated in recruiting or making arrangements. 

Epstein may have fought for a non-pros agreement for those staffers, which the DOJ was fine with because 1) those people probably ended up making statements against Epstein, and 2) the DOJ wasn’t going to prosecute them in any event.
Just to clear this up - Ghislene (sp?) Maxwell was one coconspirator. As I understand it she was the manager and chief procurer. We don’t know who was in the NPA but she was certainly one and there was zero reason to give her immunity.

Just to clear this up - Ghislene (sp?) Maxwell was one coconspirator. As I understand it she was the manager and chief procurer. We don’t know who was in the NPA but she was certainly one and there was zero reason to give her immunity.
Pretty crazy the Clinton's invited her to Chelsea's wedding...

I think Epstein used Dershowitz.  I don't think he is the hooker screwing, pedo type, but who knows.  It seems to me like Epstein knew what he was doing associating with so many people.  Even if a small percentage were pedophiles, everyone ends up getting looked at like a bad guy.  I do applaud Dershowitz for getting out in front of this and discussing it.  

https://youtu.be/_QFAX8uxgeA

Last edited by a moderator:
Two good links here about how Epstein might have been operating:
>>In a July 11 letter to the New York federal judge overseeing Epstein’s sex-trafficking case, Epstein’s attorney offered to provide “sealed disclosures” about Epstein’s finances to determine the size of the bond he would need to post to secure his release from jail pending trial.<<

- Look who thinks he can play this game again. 

In the 2015 filing, Giuffre claimed that Epstein “debriefed her” after she was forced into sexual encounters so that he could possess “intimate and potentially embarrassing information” to blackmail friends into parking their money with him. She also said photographic and video evidence existed — an assertion that looms especially large now that federal investigators have found a trove of images in Epstein’s home safe.
:popcorn:

The first Labor Secretary nominee withdrew because people found out he beat up his wife. This one resigned for letting a rapist pedophile off the hook. What horrors await us next?
He was also chosen by a man who is the subject of a huge number of sexual misconduct allegations with the help of a staff secretary who subsequently had to resign because people found out he also beat his wife. They are in office in the first place thanks in part to the assistance of a campaign manager who also beat his wife.

And yet the NY Times and Washington Post have both run articles in the last week detailing GOP efforts to recruit women that ignore this stuff. It's not rocket science.  Women probably don't like beating beaten, sexually assaulted and treated like property, and they're probably not gonna respond well to a political party that empowers men who do/enable those things.

He was also chosen by a man who is the subject of a huge number of sexual misconduct allegations with the help of a staff secretary who subsequently had to resign because people found out he also beat his wife. They are in office in the first place thanks in part to the assistance of a campaign manager who also beat his wife.

And yet the NY Times and Washington Post have both run articles in the last week detailing GOP efforts to recruit women that ignore this stuff. It's not rocket science.  Women probably don't like beating beaten, sexually assaulted and treated like property, and they're probably not gonna respond well to a political party that empowers men who do/enable those things.
I turned around and saw/Democrats in Virginia...

I turned around and saw/Democrats in Virginia...
I guarantee that if the GOP hadn't done so much worse in recent memory, Democrats would lose some support from women in Virginia due to Justin Fairfax. 

But as it stands now, the alleged misconduct of one Lt Governor isn't gonna make a lot of difference compared to the systemic rot from the GOP when it comes to how they treat men accused of sexual assault, molestation or domestic violence or enabling those things (as Acosta did).  I hope they address it and force the Dems to push out the next Justin Fairfax because the GOP has given women who are disgusted by his behavior a legitimate alternative, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Listening to Trump and Acosta take questions from the WH lawn for over 30 minutes, I gotta give it to Trump for being a very effective impromptu communicator. He's still on his game and hasn't lost anything off his fastball. Most of the questions were not related to Acosta. He strongly defended Pelosi and said AOC was very disrespectful. 

Listening to Trump and Acosta take questions from the WH lawn for over 30 minutes, I gotta give it to Trump for being a very effective impromptu communicator. He's still on his game and hasn't lost anything off his fastball. Most of the questions were not related to Acosta. He strongly defended Pelosi and said AOC was very disrespectful. 
His fastball includes such comments as “I never liked Epstein; I didn’t know him personally, but I didn’t like him.” 

More like a screwball. And, if you’re within a few feet of the President, a spitter. 

Listening to the Acosta/Trump press conference it’s clear that Acosta is very effective with spin especially when compared to Trump. The fact that he went from that press conference to resigning today without pressure from Trump is likely a sign that it’s gonna get worse for him.

Trump on the other hand is telling them to keep digging into Epstein. His denials reminded me of ‘we had no contact with the Russians’. Slowly that denial will change to who cares if I went to his island numerous times, Bill was worse. Let’s see how quickly they start trotting our Rudy to spin this. 

His fastball includes such comments as “I never liked Epstein; I didn’t know him personally, but I didn’t like him.” 

More like a screwball. And, if you’re within a few feet of the President, a spitter. 
That's just Trump being Trump - no change from decades ago. His style appeals to many people, even if there are distortions in the substance.

His energy will be an asset in the 2020 debates and election.  That's my concern about Biden and why I'm  leaning toward Warren. 

Apologies ain't their thing.  
There are a lot of permutations here, but one thing that occurred to me watching that presser on the lawn was that Trump is obviously pushing the ' never ever apologize' stratagem on Acosta and it's really not in his best interest. This frees him up to shut up or speak freely or whatever his lawyer says without concern for what the president is instructing him to do. If he was just going to resign that defensive press conference he did was foolish.

Trump on the other hand is telling them to keep digging into Epstein. His denials reminded me of ‘we had no contact with the Russians’. Slowly that denial will change to who cares if I went to his island numerous times, Bill was worse. Let’s see how quickly they start trotting our Rudy to spin this. 
Or he knows what's coming...

And I'm happy he wants people to keep digging 

Users who are viewing this thread