What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wagers on Trump's Speech Last Night (Click here, you won't believe what happened!$!@##@$!$#) (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/president-trumps-truthiness-makes-history-as-betting-site-pays-out-bigly-2019-01-09

Seriously, this is pretty hysterical :lmao:

Before the president’s address on border security Tuesday night, Bookmaker.eu put the over/under on the number of lies he’d spew at 3.5. For bettors, it was a no-brainer, as hundreds of thousands of dollars loaded up on the over.
“Never in our 30-year history have we been this one-sided (9 to 1) on a wager,” he said. “You would have to go back to the early Mike Tyson fights (pre-Buster Douglas) to find a wager with comparable one-sided demand.”
Lester explained that no matter how much he adjusted the odds, hardly anybody seemed interested in taking the under. 

“We knew the President would be prone to exaggeration to support his need for Democratic support to fund his wall,” Lester said. “However, we hoped the 8-minute time constraint coupled with the unlikelihood of the President going off-script would keep the total number of false statements low.”

Nope.

:lol:

I wonder what they used to define a lie? The WaPo fact checker only had 3 provable lies:

- every day Border Patrol agents encounter thousands of illegals (actual number is closer to 986 per day, and not all of them are illegals).
- every week, 300 citizens are killed by heroin (actual number closer to 288).
- Democrats requested that Trump change the wall from concrete to steel (no Democrat is on record saying that).

:lol:

I wonder what they used to define a lie? The WaPo fact checker only had 3 provable lies:

- every day Border Patrol agents encounter thousands of illegals (actual number is closer to 986 per day, and not all of them are illegals).
- every week, 300 citizens are killed by heroin (actual number closer to 288).
- Democrats requested that Trump change the wall from concrete to steel (no Democrat is on record saying that).
I wondered the same thing.  I'd be wary of this wager simply because it may not be 100% quantifiable. 

I did hear about a fascinating Super Bowl prop: Will the chick-fil-a in the stadium be open for the Super Bowl? It's like -5000 on the "no" but I still found it interesting and made me wonder the number the business ran before deciding to put a franchise there. 

Users who are viewing this thread