What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Observation and a Challenge for jon_mx and sho nuff (1 Viewer)

I gave you one. Start a thread posting about common sense gun control and make yourself a rule that under no circumstances, will you complain about the other posters or the forum here. Like you just did above.
I haven't posted in a gun control thread in years.   But  I will look for a good topic.

Secondly, I'd challenge you...to do some real-life things with your time that think are important. Work in a soup kitchen.

Whatever. Just something that is NOT the never-ending back and forth complaining you're doing here.

Forum, what do you say?
Hey for anybody in NY-NJ-CT region

If you live or work in NYC, or plan to be in Manhattan during the month of February, feel free to PM for ideas or suggestions. My org helps to staff volunteers for various programs to ameliorate life on the street for folks without homes: Tuesday KidsZone - there are 24K NYC kids in shelters every night - Wednesday Street Teams Thursday’s we need volunteers for a shower program or to serve a meal, Saturday a.m. food bank + all-you-can-eat breakfast, Saturday p.m. serving meals.

FINALLY, each Saturday in February the New York Rescue Alliance has an event called Don’t Walk By (DWB.) The Rescue Alliance is a group of organizations that have been fighting homelessness since the 1800s. They host Don’t Walk By every year, which is a month-long winter outreach to our neighbors and friends living on the street.

DWB is a huge operation that consists of hundreds of volunteers and outreach crews who go out to interact with people experiencing homelessness. While outreach is happening, Rescue Alliance vans are on standby for anyone who wants to come back to the venue to receive services. Once our friends on the street are brought to the venue, they are met with a hot meal, new clothing, brand new coats, registration for city funded resources and access to medical, dental and optical care.

This is an incredible opportunity to serve our city in a beautiful way.

If this sounds like something you’d want to take part in, let me know via PM and sign up as “Outreach Volunteer” for February 9th at this link:

2019 Winter Outreach - Don’t Walk By

We’re not trying to solve complex long term problems, but these relationship builders often times lays necessary ground work to get friends on the street into long term programs.

TIA

I haven't posted in a gun control thread in years.   But  I will look for a good topic.
how about the oppression and demonization of the white heterosexual male?  most of posts I read of yours are complaining about this, so it'd seem a natural fit.  

how about the oppression and demonization of the white heterosexual male?  most of posts I read of yours are complaining about this, so it'd seem a natural fit.  
Don't minimize affirmative action!  Without it white males would hold 100% of all fortune 500 CEO slots instead of just 90%!

Disclaimer.

I came down with a virus or flu last night and I feel like walking dead.

This is more forward than I usually post. I'm not sure if it's me just feeling terrible or what, but I hit a break point this morning with the forum and don't feel like I can stay quiet. And I don't want to pick on two people in particular, but I'm not sure any other way to do this.

@jon_mx and @sho nuff are two of our most prolific posters. I believe you're smart and capable and have something to say. 

I'd guess they spend at least a couple of hours a day thinking about and typing on the forum.

That's a LOT of effort to invest. 

I don't want this to be mean, but it's also my observation about 99.9% of the effort gets zero return. Because it seems like just about everything both you guys post is whining and complaining and making accusations and calling anything you disagree with blatant falsehoods. In fact, I think one could make the case your writing actually has a negative return as the never-ending "you're a troll - no YOU'RE a troll" makes the forum worse. 

Here's the thing. I don' t think it has to be this way.

And I'm wondering if you realize how much time effort and energy you're investing and getting zero return. 

I did this the other day when the Dude asked about relocating to TN and there was a guy who called Memphis a dump and then got offended when someone told him he was whining and I got involved and I wasted a good 15 minutes on him. Zero was added to the board by me. 

You two guys do this for hours a day every day. 

And again, I don't think it has to be this way. We've all seen you make real points. Clearly, you have talent to express your point. And you seem like good guys. I'd like to challenge you to stop wasting your efforts here.

I'd like to challenge you two to go a month and post positive stuff on issues with ZERO commenting on other posters. No, "they said this, they were unfair to me here, they were a troll here". I'd challenge you to pick an issue maybe not in your normal comfort zone and discuss it.

I'll pick some. 

Jon - I'd challenge you to start a thread discussing some gun control ideas we think could work and move forward with.

Sho - I'd challenge you to start a thread discussing reasonable ways to enforce border security between Mexico and the US.

Secondly, I'd challenge you both to do some real-life things with your time that think are important. Work in a soup kitchen. Advocate for voter registration. Attend a zoning meeting. Whatever. Just something that is NOT the never-ending back and forth complaining you're doing here.

What do you two say? 

Forum, what do you say?
Hope you get better soon. 

Da Guru said:
 When a victim stumbles on a forum that houses a Swarm and disturbs it with a message that runs counter to its prevailing ideology, the Swarm will erupt without warning. Taken one at a time the irrelevant, often mindless attacks by individuals in a Swarm can be crushed or easily brushed aside, but because of the sheer volume of the assault even the strongest Warriors must yield. WARNING: Only those who are highly skilled in Swarm management techniques should attempt to wade into a Swarm hive. Protective clothing will not prevent even a seasoned  Warrior from getting a few stings.
Perfect analogy for all the liberal regulars with a billion posts each.  It's hilarious to see how fast and how many them swarm to respond. 🤣

Ad hominem attacks are tiring, and almost always a distraction that makes conversations worse. 

If any more than an incredibly small fraction of your posts deal with the person doing the posting, rather than the content of their posts, you're likely not contributing positively to the forum.

Largely a lurker. I think this a great place for news and hot takes from smart people on both sides of any given debate.

That said I have both these posters (who may well be intelligent people) on ignore for exactly the reasons described in the OP.
Follow up and shout out to @sho nuff for being up to the challenge. His immigration OP has blossomed into a nice thread with an overall good tone and informative posts. I’ve learned a lot. 

Follow up and shout out to @sho nuff for being up to the challenge. His immigration OP has blossomed into a nice thread with an overall good tone and informative posts. I’ve learned a lot. 
I feel like the last few days in the PF has been really good. Maybe I just haven't gone into the threads that are still a mess, but the topics I've been reading have had good back-and-forth. The last few pages of the White Privilege thread has been enjoyable.

I feel like the last few days in the PF has been really good. Maybe I just haven't gone into the threads that are still a mess, but the topics I've been reading have had good back-and-forth. The last few pages of the White Privilege thread has been enjoyable.
Kudos to everyone for being a bit cooler.

Knew it was too good to last though.  

I rarely start threads, nor have I for this.   But I do see a better tone and better balance in posting as of late. 

Mister CIA said:
Can you link me to a single post of yours where you don't knock your FBG peers? 

I know it exists!  Prove me right.
This is funny coming from you. No need to link, see all my posts not responding to those trolling. 

Users who are viewing this thread