What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greatest "Other" Sports Movie? (2 Viewers)

Best Wrestling Movie?

• Beyond the Mat (1999)

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Foxcatcher (2014)

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Nacho Libre (2006)

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • No Holds Barred (1989)

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Ready To Rumble (2000)

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Vision Quest (1985)

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • Warrior (2011)

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Win Win (2011)

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • The Wrestler (2008)

Votes: 39 28.1%
  • OTHER

Votes: 20 14.4%

• Total voters
Sorry to see only 2 votes for Win Win for wrestling.  Such a great movie.  Given the age demographic here (myself included) it doesn't surprise me that Vision Quest is winning that poll--the nostalgia is strong, but damn.  If you haven't seen it, give Win Win a look.

Baseball - The Natural 

Football - Remember The Titans

Hockey - Slap Shot

Basketball - Hoosiers 

Golf - Caddyshack

Boxing - Rocky 

Soccer - Victory

Wrestling - The Wrestler 

Other - Baseketball and Dodgeball

Sorry to see only 2 votes for Win Win for wrestling.  Such a great movie.  Given the age demographic here (myself included) it doesn't surprise me that Vision Quest is winning that poll--the nostalgia is strong, but damn.  If you haven't seen it, give Win Win a look.
Looks awesome. I remember the trailer.  

"Look at me. Look at me! Why are we here, Brendan? Why are we here? Are we here to win this fight? You tell me, because if we're not, I'll throw in the towel right now. We'll get Tess and we will go home. You don't knock him out, you lose the fight. You understand me? You don't knock him out, you don't have a home."

Obviously the quintessential cycling movie is Breaking Away.

But there was another cycling movie in 1985... American Flyers. It stars Kevin Costner, John Amos, Rae Dawn Chong, Alexandra Paul, David Marshall Grant, Robert Townsend and a very young Jennifer Grey (pre-Dirty Dancing). Great movie!

Little known (or maybe just little respected) movies that are personal sports favorites:

Boxing: Diggstown
 Very little love for this movie.  It was really entertaining and even included a girl next door version of Heather Graham before she became Roller Girl.  It also had a great twist at the end. 

Very little love for this movie.  It was really entertaining and even included a girl next door version of Heather Graham before she became Roller Girl.  It also had a great twist at the end. 
I've mentioned it 3 times now.

Am I on ignore?  Lol

I've mentioned it 3 times now.

Am I on ignore?  Lol
You are virtually the only one.  I think I "liked" every mention.....hahaha

I guess it's time to start a movement to bring it to the top...hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Tin Cup - never understood the caddy shack love 

Cinderella Man - terribly underrated and I’m in the “Rocky is overrated club”

Victory - best of a weak genre

Vision Quest - captured the essence of 80s high school sports for me and since I live the 80s...

Tom Skerritt said:
But there was another cycling movie in 1985... American Flyers. It stars Kevin Costner, John Amos, Rae Dawn Chong, Alexandra Paul, David Marshall Grant, Robert Townsend and a very young Jennifer Grey (pre-Dirty Dancing). Great movie!
I mentioned it earlier in this thread and agree. Ive seen it quite a few times. Maybe I’ll watch it again tomorrow with a couple other movies suggested here. 

Users who are viewing this thread