Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
simsarge

Terminator 6

Recommended Posts

The first official trailer for Terminator: Dark Fate. 

Trailer

This is the only direct sequel to T1 & T2, and directed by James Cameron. For once, I’m somewhat excited about a new Terminator movie.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expectations very low. Seems like it has another Terminator that doesn't know it's a terminator. I've long since given up on the timelines and how they work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump so it can be merged with the Honda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 10:34 AM, Jobber said:

The first official trailer for Terminator: Dark Fate. 

Trailer

This is the only direct sequel to T1 & T2, and directed by James Cameron. For once, I’m somewhat excited about a new Terminator movie.

This is incorrect.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard pass.  

There aren't many action/sc-fi movies I love more than the 1-2 punches of the first two Alien and first two Terminator movies, but both franchises have been run into the ground.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Hard pass.  

There aren't many action/sc-fi movies I love more than the 1-2 punches of the first two Alien and first two Terminator movies, but both franchises have been run into the ground.  

Yea. They next couple times watching the trailer, the more I cringe. I don't get what the purpose of an unattractive female Terminator serves skynet. It's not a good infiltration unit. I guess it can be a good fighter but then why not keep mass producing the Arnold skins? I'm sure it will be a really dumb reason written in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First thought: "Wait, there was a 'Terminator 5'?"

Second thought: "Wait, there was a 'Terminator 4'??!?"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this tonight and thought it was kinda good.

The good Some good Arnold one liners, lots of chase scenes, good action and not too much over thinking about time lines. 

The bad: If Linda Hamilton doesn't 'win' a Razzie for this, I'm quitting the academy. She's awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, simsarge said:

 

The bad: If Linda Hamilton doesn't 'win' a Razzie for this, I'm quitting the academy. She's awful. 

Reported net worth of 70 million :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This movie is a POS. They didn't just ruin Terminator, they tried to reboot it without John Connor and without SkyNet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TripItUp said:

Reported net worth of 70 million :shrug:

You'd think she could afford an acting lesson or two then. She was nothing more than a foul mouthed, buffed up granny, wanna be action star. She was the weakest part of T2 and now she's at the point where she's distractingly bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This review breaks down the whole movie, so don't watch it if you are trying to avoid spoilers, but it makes a lot of great points about how this franchise has gone off the rails, not just because of the need to reboot it as 'woke', but for many other plotholes and cringey moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEvwz2eVbek

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Could this movie be any worst cast?

Did you not see Terminator:  Genisys?  That movie was so bad I thought it killed the franchise.  Turns out it only SHOULD HAVE killed the franchise.  Someone thought there was still some blood to squeeze out of this turnip.

I went to see this last night.  Blech.

I thought the only bright spot was Mackenzie Davis as Grace.  Her actions scenes were pretty bad-###.

The rest of the film waffled between unremarkable and bad.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, simsarge said:

The bad: If Linda Hamilton doesn't 'win' a Razzie for this, I'm quitting the academy. She's awful. 

I thought she looked like a female Clint Eastwoood.  Weathered face and steely-eyed stare.  She LOOKED like a bad-###.  Unfortunately the dialogue they gave her was bland and colorless.  I don't blame her as much as the writers.  They did nothing to advance the character of Sarah Connors.  She starts this film as the same character as T2 and ends as the same character from T2.  She may has well have been a terminator considering the lack of emotion and depth they provided for her.

Blech.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 10:31 PM, KarmaPolice said:

Hard pass.  

There aren't many action/sc-fi movies I love more than the 1-2 punches of the first two Alien and first two Terminator movies, but both franchises have been run into the ground.  

I agree 100%, I feel the exact same way and I would also add in the Star Wars movies to this.  A+ on the first Star Wars, A-/B+ on the 2nd Star Wars, with the stupid ewok crap the 3rd one gets a C but ultimately (to me) that franchise has also been run into the ground.  I've watched them all but each time I watch one, they either seem bad or if not bad they have a been there done that quality.

Highlander, Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, etc.  To me, so many movie sequels/franchises are just absolute crap, first one may be very good or even amazing and then they're just ruined with really campy, garbage sequels.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still want to see it.

Which was the one with Emilia Clarke?  What was her role in it?

Whatever happened to the blond Terminator girl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Socrates11 said:

This review breaks down the whole movie, so don't watch it if you are trying to avoid spoilers, but it makes a lot of great points about how this franchise has gone off the rails, not just because of the need to reboot it as 'woke', but for many other plotholes and cringey moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEvwz2eVbek

 

I prefer this one because he's drunker.

https://youtu.be/cmkF5a1ysYM

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, steelcitysledgehammers said:

Did you not see Terminator:  Genisys?  That movie was so bad I thought it killed the franchise.  Turns out it only SHOULD HAVE killed the franchise.  Someone thought there was still some blood to squeeze out of this turnip.

I went to see this last night.  Blech.

I thought the only bright spot was Mackenzie Davis as Grace.  Her actions scenes were pretty bad-###.

The rest of the film waffled between unremarkable and bad.

J

I thought she was the most wasted potential. She's a human Terminator hybrid that needs drugs to survive. Think of how much that would weigh on your psyche. They never delve into that part of it. Just keep going balls to the wall action for no purpose. So terrible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

I still want to see it.

Which was the one with Emilia Clarke?  What was her role in it?

Whatever happened to the blond Terminator girl?

Emilia Clarke was young Sarah Connor back in time and aware of the future for reasons. 

Tx was the terminatrix in T3. She died at the end of T3. If you mean the actress Kristiana Loken, IDK I'd have to look her up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Insein said:

 Just keep going balls to the wall action for no purpose.

I don't disagree, but at least she had the best action scenes, which was more than any of the other mudpuddle-deep characters got.

Blech.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, irish eyes said:

Hollywood is so pathetic anymore. Zero creativity, let's just keep rehashing old movies. 

Wat?

 

But yes, there are lots of money grab movies that just want to squeeze as much as possible out of a dying IP. However, there are many many original screenplays and plenty of fresh ideas in theaters. They just don't have the money to get our attention.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EYLive said:

Wat?

 

But yes, there are lots of money grab movies that just want to squeeze as much as possible out of a dying IP. However, there are many many original screenplays and plenty of fresh ideas in theaters. They just don't have the money to get our attention.

Agreed. Unfortunately those get largely ignored unless they're a surprise hit. Then they get turned into a franchise and milked for all it's worth. I.e the conjuring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, EYLive said:

Wat?

 

But yes, there are lots of money grab movies that just want to squeeze as much as possible out of a dying IP. However, there are many many original screenplays and plenty of fresh ideas in theaters. They just don't have the money to get our attention.

Totally agree. Why do people keep saying this? There is literally more content out now than any human could consume. I don’t get it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sullie said:

 

Highlander, Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, etc.  To me, so many movie sequels/franchises are just absolute crap, first one may be very good or even amazing and then they're just ruined with really campy, garbage sequels.

Really good points and why I have never gone past 2 or 3 in any franchise.

 

Btw, as bad as this might be, pretty sure it won't be the worst movie with 6 in the title.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093405/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Direct sequel to T2 and no John Connor?  Edward Furlong busy or something?

Er wait, I heard he wasnt in it but he is in the credits.  Flashbacks?

Edited by ghostguy123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Capella said:

Totally agree. Why do people keep saying this? There is literally more content out now than any human could consume. I don’t get it. 

To be fair, he said Hollywood.  I agree there is a ton of content to watch, but I think people confuse all the options that are good TV shows, exclusive for streaming networks, etc.. with what you can choose to see in the theater.  Where I am, if I want to go to the theater it's basically one screen at 9pm of an indie movie then every other screen and time filled with existing IP, sequels, and reboots.  

I might be exaggerating a tad, but you get the point.  I can't see something like Parasite anywhere near me, but there are probably 25 showings of Terminator 6.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dickey moe said:

Why?

 

On 11/1/2019 at 12:31 AM, simsarge said:

Saw this tonight and thought it was kinda good.

 

 

On 11/1/2019 at 1:38 AM, Insein said:

This movie is a POS.

 

22 hours ago, steelcitysledgehammers said:

I went to see this last night.  Blech.

 

 

21 hours ago, eoMMan said:

I still want to see it.

 

 

21 hours ago, Capella said:

Can’t wait to see it. Gonna be terrible. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw it last night.  It wasn't that bad.  I enjoyed it for what it was - a popcorn flick.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many more of these do they churn out before Linda Hamilton and Arnold both die?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only Terminator I hated was Salvation.

The truck chase in T3 is freaking awesome. And I like how the ending didn't chicken out. But Nick Stahl is just terrible.

Genisys was horribly, horribly cast (Jai Courtney is the worst)  but there were some not dumb ideas, Jason Clarke was cool, and it looked decent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 12:35 AM, TripItUp said:

Reported net worth of 70 million :shrug:

She got 50 million in divorce from James Cameron in 99. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The only Terminator I hated was Salvation.

The truck chase in T3 is freaking awesome. And I like how the ending didn't chicken out. But Nick Stahl is just terrible.

Genisys was horribly, horribly cast (Jai Courtney is the worst)  but there were some not dumb ideas, Jason Clarke was cool, and it looked decent.

I could not have written a better or more concise description of exactly how I feel about each movie on all counts. 

 

I'm disappointed to hear the new Terminator sucks but on the other hand, Ill watch it with low expectations and that often works out for the better. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to see it because my daughter was excited for it. She's watched all of them with me the past few months, and even though most of them are crappy it's been a fun dad/daughter bonding activity.

Anyway it was okay. It has some moderately entertaining action scenes and a couple of new twists on the Terminator universe. It's definitely not a good movie, but for the most part better than the other sequels following T2.

2.5/5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the best Terminator movie since T2, which I guess isn't saying much.  This movie definitely has its flaws but still was entertaining for what it was.

The use of the deepfake technology in the first scene was incredible (young Furlong, Linda and Arnold). Its a bit scary how good this technology has gotten. At first I though it was unused footage or something like that but wow, this scene looked seamless.    

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Estimated to lose over $100m.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#METOO #BORDERPOLITICS Just entertain me.  Stop with the broader messages. The terminator terminates things. That’s what I want to see. That’s all I want to see. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.