What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terminator 6 (1 Viewer)

Killin' time at work I read an article (was link from a link in the LOTR thread) that kind of explained Charlie's Angels and how it could get greenlit and what went wrong. Sony got reboot happy after Jumanji and Spidey hit it big, resulting in finally a sequel to Zombieland and a Bad Boys 3 in the works for example. Angles supposedly had such bad script problems from the start that all the A-List actresses they approached like Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone and Margot Robbie turned it down so they went low-budget on the cast. Nevermind that probably the only reason the first two "worked" was because they had big stars at the time in Drew Barrymore, Lucy Lui, and Cameron Diaz. Movie's release date got pushed multiple times, always a bad sign.

Sony apparently won't be too hurt financially because they likely suspected it was likely to bomb and brought in partners to cover half the production costs and they slashed the advertising budget on it ahead of release as well. Banks comments sound like a poor attempt at damage control.
She's apparently since backed off bashing men for it. I think it was more a last ditch effort to get any publicity for her movie. The studio did her no favors giving her a DOA project from the start.

I don't understand how this movie is supposed to be losing $100 million. How on earth do you figure that? Only looking at the domestic gross?
Yes domestically. Thanks to international it barely made money. 

$185m approx budget.

$57m domestic + $176m international = $233m

Well below expectations.

Yes domestically. Thanks to international it barely made money. 

$185m approx budget.

$57m domestic + $176m international = $233m

Well below expectations.
I thought I read an article that a bit of a factor going into these movies is how it will do in China and a couple other countries, and it's a reason for some of the fare that we are complaining about.  

Says Banks, "

They’ll go and see a comic book movie with Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel because that’s a male genre. So even though those are movies about women, they put them in the context of feeding the larger comic book world, so it’s all about, yes, you’re watching a Wonder Woman movie but we’re setting up three other characters or we’re setting up Justice League.”

So comic book movies are a "male" genre but action movies are...what exactly?

The justification is strong with this one.
I hope she doesn't hurt herself twisting into a pretzel.

Stewart's career is about to be completely torpedoed. The film Underwater in which she stars was completed in 2017 but is only now being released in January.

And it looks terrible. 

Stop making sense you damn mysogonists. We all know you hate women and that's the reason these terrible movies bomb.

Stewart's career is about to be completely torpedoed. The film Underwater in which she stars was completed in 2017 but is only now being released in January.

And it looks terrible. 
Like somebody posted, she shows up in indie and foreign movies, most I have seen have been surprisingly good and well regarded by critics - Clouds of Sils Maria, Personal Shopper, etc.  

I guess I know zip about her personal life or why people would find her so objectionable (Ok, besides the terrible Twilight movies and her being pretty bad in those).  

Like somebody posted, she shows up in indie and foreign movies, most I have seen have been surprisingly good and well regarded by critics - Clouds of Sils Maria, Personal Shopper, etc.  

I guess I know zip about her personal life or why people would find her so objectionable (Ok, besides the terrible Twilight movies and her being pretty bad in those).  
She's bi and generally has an IDGAF attitude about just about everything. Some people dont like that and I'm sure there are pockets of this country that probably wont go see her movies as a result.

She's bi and generally has an IDGAF attitude about just about everything. Some people dont like that and I'm sure there are pockets of this country that probably wont go see her movies as a result.
She has never been a draw.  She wasnt a draw in twilight.  Anyone could have played that role, and it still would have sold the same.

I enjoyed Clouds of Silas Maria and Personal Shopper and thought Stewart did a good job in each

Users who are viewing this thread