What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Spring/Summer Severe Weather (1 Viewer)

My immediate area dodged the bullet, but this whole area (northern LA) got absolutely hammered by this line of storms. Multiple tornadoes and extensive damage in many areas. Lines down, homes destroyed and damaged, interstate blocked in several areas. Be mindful if this storm system is heading your way. It's no joke! Stay safe, GBs

My immediate area dodged the bullet, but this whole area (northern LA) got absolutely hammered by this line of storms. Multiple tornadoes and extensive damage in many areas. Lines down, homes destroyed and damaged, interstate blocked in several areas. Be mindful if this storm system is heading your way. It's no joke! Stay safe, GBs
Also the local regional airport got hit, and has canceled all flights until further notice. 

High temperature forecasted today of 94 degrees with humidity about 80%.

Great day to not go to the beach.  <_<

One Sunday later and here we go again. :wall:  

Strong system coming across Texas encompassing all of North LA. Already reports of severe thunderstorms and small hail. Tornado watches t-storm warnings already up for us. 

70+mph gusts around Nashville.  Over 130,000 without power with trees and lines down all over.

Power has been out for about 5 hours now. 
Cause you know what makes quarantine better...no power.

Went to grab takeout for dinner last night  since we has no power..
Ventured out for coffee this morning to see more too.  Massive trees snapped or uprooted.  Road on one side of our neighborhood blocked.  3 power poles snapped with trees and lines down (one of the polls over the top of an suv still there in the road). Power crews and police keeping people away and diverting traffic.  But no work yet to clear that.

Other side of the neighborhood wasnt as bad.  Some trees down had been cleared a bit to allow the toad to be passable.  One was on some power lines but they were at least still up.  I can hear workers on that side.  (And honestly not sure which direction our power comes in to our neighborhood...hoping the backside as we will have power back sooner)

Thankfully some friends nearby have power and have offered us some freezer space if we need it overnight or by morning.  Lost a freezer and fridge full after the March storms.  

May finally invest in a generator.

Starting to think about reviewing my hurricane plans and supplies before everyone else in South Florida starts making a run on gas cans, tarps, etc. 

Generator acquired and running .  For now. More storms headed this way...ETA about two more hours.  Hoping the several hours i run this has the freezer cold enough for to keep food now a little longer.  And hopefully power up our devices some and my wife’s laptop so she can do some work in the morning.  Covid sucks for that.  After the tornadoes we could go into restaurants and charge everything while we ate or hang out if needed.

Looked like power crews had new poles up, but may be a bit on running new lines and of course more storms means they will be shut down too..

I live in Woodridge, a Chicago suburb and last night we had a tornado go thru 2-3 blocks over.  Hit at 11:15 so we had wake up the kids and rush into the basement.  You could feel.the house shake as it went thru.  Tried to drive around this morning and huge trees down, several houses missing roofs, some missing second floors.  Crazy how it goes from a perfectly fine house then next door is missing a roof and wall.

I live in Woodridge, a Chicago suburb and last night we had a tornado go thru 2-3 blocks over.  Hit at 11:15 so we had wake up the kids and rush into the basement.  You could feel.the house shake as it went thru.  Tried to drive around this morning and huge trees down, several houses missing roofs, some missing second floors.  Crazy how it goes from a perfectly fine house then next door is missing a roof and wall.
Ruled a F-3 tornado.  That had to be scary.  I’m lucky as I’m on Lake Michigan, so the dunes act as a buffer.

bumping this old thread since more severe weather is possible today. Predictions for 70 mph+ gusts in Kansas

@bamwxcom: Another severe weather threat is on tap later today into tonight across the Midwest.

Main hazards will be damaging winds of 70-80+mph + iso tornadoes along a very narrow line of storms.

Full detailed analysis posted on the http://WeatherPorthole.com app #AGwx #IAwx #MNwx #WIwx https://twitter.com/bamwxcom/status/1471092905615970312/photo/1

bumping this old thread since more severe weather is possible today. Predictions for 70 mph+ gusts in Kansas

@bamwxcom: Another severe weather threat is on tap later today into tonight across the Midwest.

Main hazards will be damaging winds of 70-80+mph + iso tornadoes along a very narrow line of storms.

Full detailed analysis posted on the http://WeatherPorthole.com app #AGwx #IAwx #MNwx #WIwx https://twitter.com/bamwxcom/status/1471092905615970312/photo/1
Yeah, it's starting to blow a bit here in KC.  Calling for potentially severe storms as well.

I've lived here in KC pretty much my whole life. I've never seen this type of weather here in December. 

Yeah, it's starting to blow a bit here in KC.  Calling for potentially severe storms as well.

I've lived here in KC pretty much my whole life. I've never seen this type of weather here in December. 
Yep...Up the road aways from you in Iowa.  Schools are letting out early today across the state.

Yep.  I work in Omaha, but work from home every Wednesday.  Some schools were cancelled and others are letting out early.  Hoping it's a big nothing burger and they're just being cautious.  Tough not to be with what happened last week.

Worried about power lines where I live.  I hope everyone has their Christmas inflatables taken down.

This seems to be ever where. We are getting 80mph winds where I live in Colorado. My daughters boss 30 ft tree just snapped off and fell on a neighbors fence. On a side note December 15 we haven't had any snow at all.

Hearing reports of a tornado in SE Nebraska.  My family in Lincoln is getting alerts on their phones to take shelter.  :(  

ETA:  Well ####.  Our tornado watch in NE Nebraska went to a warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearing reports of a tornado in SE Nebraska.  My family in Lincoln is getting alerts on their phones to take shelter.  :(  

ETA:  Well ####.  Our tornado watch in NE Nebraska went to a warning.
Better get into your car then and head east. 

Sirens went off. Currently in the basement.  :mellow:  And power flickering.  Blah.
I'm looking at the radar now. I don't think it's gonna last long but it's gonna be a doozy. Stay safe.

The same storm is barreling down on us now. Should be here this evening.

I'm looking at the radar now. I don't think it's gonna last long but it's gonna be a doozy. Stay safe.

Yep, sun is out here now.  Fast mover.  My son lives in central Omaha and they are just starting to get the heavy stuff.

Heard reports of tornadoes in 6 or 7 places.  Not sure if there is any damage. 

Radar has a really hard time picking up cyclone activity.  Fully half of all tornado warnings are LEO and trained spotters calling it in.  

Lots of gulf air pulling thru DFW today in a hurry, that's a key ingredient for monsters.  Be safe.  

Gonna be fun in KC tonight. This is the most persistent non-tornado wind I’ve ever experienced, and I’ve been in tornado alley my whole life for the most part. 

NW IA, Had a winter storm warning 1 week ago for 6-8 inches of snow and Thunderstorm & Tornado warnings today. Have to love living in the midwest.

Gonna be fun in KC tonight. This is the most persistent non-tornado wind I’ve ever experienced, and I’ve been in tornado alley my whole life for the most part. 
Yeah, agree.

We got pounded at my house for about 20 minutes. All systems seem to be ok here. Lost power for about an hour or so.

My mom has lost siding on one side of her house. With no tornado.  She is in north KC. I am in south KC.

I could hear lots of limbs snapping the last couple of hours around the neighborhood. My trees were spared, but only because I trimmed our oak trees a couple of years ago.

I sat in the garage and watched the storm with the family. It was spectacular.

The main positive is we got measurable rain for the first time in 32 days. The only negative is we got about 3 inches in 10 minutes.

:lol:

The Sierra Nevadas could see an average of 5-8 FEET of snow this weekend with potential of up to 10 feet. Talk about a white Christmas…

Link

Users who are viewing this thread