Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sinn Fein

*** Official Pete Buttigieg Thread ***

1 minute ago, ren hoek said:

https://twitter.com/wideofthepost/status/1229141085395595264?s=20

Looks like a :sadbanana:for the petehaters today

Remember the golden age my friends, it was fun while it lasted

Buzzfeed has an article saying they contacted the guy and he said sent the tweet as a joke. Then said Sanders supporters have doxxed him so he's not going to reveal his identity. None of this makes sense.

So there's really a hardcore Pete Buttigieg supporter in Nigeria who jokingly tweets as Lis Smith telling Team Pete that it's "Phase 4" and time to phone bank? Really?

I have no idea what you guys are talking about but I'm glad you're focused on the issues.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

I don't know why people (including Smith) are calling it a conspiracy theory, though. Smith wouldn't have to conspire with anybody to create a fake account. She can do that on her own.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, Nipsey said:

Business Insider saying they have a picture of a man holding a sign with the date and phrase "I am not Lis Smith" written on it.

I'll only believe it if he includes a penny in the picture

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Nipsey said:

So there's really a hardcore Pete Buttigieg supporter in Nigeria who jokingly tweets as Lis Smith telling Team Pete that it's "Phase 4" and time to phone bank? Really?

That tweet was a direct quote of a campaign email copied and pasted. That’s not the weird part, really. 

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

That tweet was a direct quote of a campaign email copied and pasted. That’s not the weird part, really. 

Seems pretty weird to me but I'll take your word for it.

3 minutes ago, Nipsey said:

Seems pretty weird to me but I'll take your word for it.

There are now articles out from writers who allegedly contacted the guy.  Honestly seems weirder to me that you’re continuing to be certain of this. 

Just now, Henry Ford said:

There are now articles out from writers who allegedly contacted the guy.  Honestly seems weirder to me that you’re continuing to be certain of this. 

I posted about the Business Insider article 45 minutes ago. I'm not continuing to be certain about anything. Some random Nigerian guy joke tweeting as Lis Smith is pretty odd stuff.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ren hoek said:

https://twitter.com/wideofthepost/status/1229141085395595264?s=20

Looks like a :sadbanana:for the petehaters today

Remember the golden age my friends, it was fun while it lasted

“Prominent person forgets to switch accounts before posting” is one of my all-time favorite social media gaffes. Please send your thoughts and prayers in these trying times.

I just hope Mayor Pete didn't wire this guy money to pay taxes on his Nigerian royal family fortune. 

2 hours ago, cap'n grunge said:

I have no idea what you guys are talking about but I'm glad you're focused on the issues.

This was a fun little story

10 hours ago, dkp993 said:

As a guy who didn’t vote for Trump in 2016 you sure are all the way in now.  

allegedly all the way in

5 hours ago, Slapdash said:

She should have answered "If elected I will be president of Mexico because the first thing I'm doing is invading".  

5 hours ago, Slapdash said:

I would hope he would know his names since he's going to be signing reparations checks to his citizens.

7 hours ago, Slapdash said:

”Pete doesn’t have enough knowledge or understanding to be President” says group of candidates who can’t name the President of a country that shares a 2,000 mile border with the U.S. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

My dad attended a Pete rally in Vegas. They were giving out the “Boot Edge Edge” shirts.  Keegan Michael Key introduced Pete. 

https://ibb.co/xjpg7FR
https://ibb.co/MNzGhCt

From the second picture it appears he was at an Unattractive White Folks for Pete  rally.   Why was I not invited?

11 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

From the second picture it appears he was at an Unattractive White Folks for Pete  rally.   Why was I not invited?

They aren’t unattractive.   They are folks who have a deep interest in policy discussions.

• Laughing 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Pickles said:

Where are you headed with this?

Hot tub time machine? Jan 6, 2014?

39 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

They aren’t unattractive.   They are folks who have a deep interest in policy discussions.

Why can't they be both?  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mr. Pickles said:

Where are you headed with this?

An interesting aside or reminder of the past.  Has no real relevance to me now.  Had no major relevance then.  Not the first horny couple to engage in inappropriate PDA and wont be the last.

4 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

An interesting aside or reminder of the past.  Has no real relevance to me now.  Had no major relevance then.  Not the first horny couple to engage in inappropriate PDA and wont be the last.

Particularly while in Jamaica.

8 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Lis Smith's other burner account:

https://twitter.com/ouakam4/status/1229469704416264192

It is a pretty special kind of racism that the "HE MUST BE LIS" crowd is still running with.  "No Nigerian could possibly be that versed in U.S. politics and that well spoken in English" is an interesting mindset.  

23 hours ago, ren hoek said:

This is really fascinating.  I want it to be real, it would just be too comical.  I wouldn't put it real far past a former Cuomo aide to pull some stunt like this.  They already got caught using a stock photo of a Kenyan woman, and lying about the 400 black supporters for their Douglass Plan.  But it's only fair to temper our expectations when countervailing evidence appears.  

I searched Lis Smith's timeline for instances of the word 'phase'.  Apparently #PhaseFour is their 'go all out' strategy, outlined in this email.  Nothing too crazy.  I suppose it's conceivable that this Nigerian man is REALLY a huge Pete fan, and cut and pasted the first line of text from the campaign email and added 'Team Pete' before it, and just happens to really, really like Lis Smith a lot, and awaken at odd hours for a Nigerian, and post yiddish slang.  It'd just be very bizarre. 

For what it's worth, two of the three workers at the IT firm that employs a Chinedu Ikpechukwu are Nigerian.  Though Chinedu doesn't say anything to that effect on his 'about' page.  

I dunno- I look forward to hearing from our man Chinedu, hopefully he can clear this up!  

Just want to commend you for this post.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hagmania said:

Just want to commend you for this post.

Yeah.  It's highly unlikely this guy ever surfaces again, to be honest, to clear things up.  It's also wildly irresponsible to try to track this guy down in Nigeria and prove who he is, for either group trying to do it.  

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

It is a pretty special kind of racism that the "HE MUST BE LIS" crowd is still running with.  "No Nigerian could possibly be that versed in U.S. politics and that well spoken in English" is an interesting mindset.  

I have found that many Nigerians I have met speak the Queen's English exceedingly well, better than I could ever hope to do.  

• Like 2

Maybe this got glossed over yesterday with all the conspiracy nonsense going on?:

“As you know, the Affordable Care Act, one of the many missing pieces that it has is that the exchanges are not available to the undocumented,” Buttigieg said. “I would change that, and that would be a change that would come with the ‘Medicare-for-All-Who-Want-It’ plan that I am proposing.”

Just now, tonydead said:

Maybe this got glossed over yesterday with all the conspiracy nonsense going on?:

“As you know, the Affordable Care Act, one of the many missing pieces that it has is that the exchanges are not available to the undocumented,” Buttigieg said. “I would change that, and that would be a change that would come with the ‘Medicare-for-All-Who-Want-It’ plan that I am proposing.”

And?  Seems what he has said for a long tome.  Undocumented can purchase in.  

Just now, sho nuff said:

And?  Seems what he has said for a long tome.  Undocumented can purchase in.  

Apologies, reading reports that seem to frame it as something new.  I mean other than he did raise his hand that one debate.

4 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I have found that many Nigerians I have met speak the Queen's English exceedingly well, better than I could ever hope to do.  

Probably the limited population I have met, they tend to be college educated.  Like the Senegalese I meet, highly educated, speak French and English better than I.  We are getting quite the Ethiopian population of immigrants in my city.  They too seem well versed in English.  Of course most of the world speaks two, three, or even four languages better than do we.

7 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Apologies, reading reports that seem to frame it as something new.  I mean other than he did raise his hand that one debate.

Yes...that debate is where he clarified that it wouldn’t be free.

4 hours ago, tonydead said:

Better they buy insurance than go to the ER for free, no?

5 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Yes...that debate is where he clarified that it wouldn’t be free.

By Amy ShermanNovember 8, 2019

Florida GOP chair twists’ response by Democrats at debate on health care for undocumented immigrants

The leaders of Florida’s two major political parties squared off less than a year before Election Day, throwing partisan jabs over health care and immigration.

Florida Democratic Party chairwoman Terrie Rizzo called out Republican efforts to undermine the Affordable Care Act established under former President Barack Obama. Republican Party of Florida chairman Joe Gruters said it is Democrats with a health care problem.

Gruters, a state senator from Sarasota, referenced the first presidential primary debate in June, in which moderators asked the crowded field to raise their hands if they supported certain positions.

"All the Democrats on the entire stage — every Democratic candidate said they want to give free health care to illegals," Gruters said during a Tampa Bay Times forum Nov. 6. "That’s them saying, that’s what they said in the debate. It wasn’t me saying it. They raised their hands — every single one of them — free health care for illegals."

In the middle of his reply, Rizzo said: "Fact-check it!"

It wasn’t the first time PolitiFact heard this claim. President Donald Trump used a similar attack in a July ad for his re-election campaign, and it rates Mostly False. Gruters’ statement is not more accurate, and here’s why.

What happened with the Democrats in June

At the first Democratic presidential debate in Miami in June, NBC debate moderator and Today show cohost Savannah Guthrie asked a group of candidates to "raise your hand if your government plan would provide coverage for undocumented immigrants."

All candidates on stage raised their hands. They weren’t all the candidates, because the first presidential debate was split into two nights.

On the stage were author Marianne Williamson, former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, entrepreneur Andrew Yang, South Bend, Ind. Mayor Pete Buttigieg, former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Sen. Kamala Harris of California, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Sen. Michael Bennet of Colorado, and Rep. Eric Swalwell of California. (Hickenlooper, Gillibrand and Swalwell have dropped out.)

The candidates were not asked if that coverage would be free. Guthrie then asked two candidates — Buttigieg and Biden — to comment. Neither one said they would give "free" health care to undocumented immigrants.

Buttigieg spoke about people buying into a system and said that undocumented immigrants pay certain taxes.

"This is not about a handout," Buttigieg said. "This is an insurance program."

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/nov/08/joe-gruters/florida-gop-chair-wrongly-says-every-democrat-deba/

33 minutes ago, Dickies said:

This thread has gotten weird. 

Of course it did. Pete’s in the lead in the primary. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Of course it did. Pete’s in the lead in the primary. 

My daughter will turn 18 on the 25th.  Our primary is on the 3rd of March.  She has little perspective on matters due to her age but she is inquisitive, well read, and extremely intelligent, I guess it skipped a generation.  She is currently contemplating Mayor Pete.  I don't know where she will land.  

Turning 18 on Fat Tuesday.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mile High said:

By Amy ShermanNovember 8, 2019

Florida GOP chair twists’ response by Democrats at debate on health care for undocumented immigrants

The leaders of Florida’s two major political parties squared off less than a year before Election Day, throwing partisan jabs over health care and immigration.

Florida Democratic Party chairwoman Terrie Rizzo called out Republican efforts to undermine the Affordable Care Act established under former President Barack Obama. Republican Party of Florida chairman Joe Gruters said it is Democrats with a health care problem.

Gruters, a state senator from Sarasota, referenced the first presidential primary debate in June, in which moderators asked the crowded field to raise their hands if they supported certain positions.

"All the Democrats on the entire stage — every Democratic candidate said they want to give free health care to illegals," Gruters said during a Tampa Bay Times forum Nov. 6. "That’s them saying, that’s what they said in the debate. It wasn’t me saying it. They raised their hands — every single one of them — free health care for illegals."

In the middle of his reply, Rizzo said: "Fact-check it!"

It wasn’t the first time PolitiFact heard this claim. President Donald Trump used a similar attack in a July ad for his re-election campaign, and it rates Mostly False. Gruters’ statement is not more accurate, and here’s why.

What happened with the Democrats in June

At the first Democratic presidential debate in Miami in June, NBC debate moderator and Today show cohost Savannah Guthrie asked a group of candidates to "raise your hand if your government plan would provide coverage for undocumented immigrants."

All candidates on stage raised their hands. They weren’t all the candidates, because the first presidential debate was split into two nights.

On the stage were author Marianne Williamson, former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, entrepreneur Andrew Yang, South Bend, Ind. Mayor Pete Buttigieg, former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Sen. Kamala Harris of California, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Sen. Michael Bennet of Colorado, and Rep. Eric Swalwell of California. (Hickenlooper, Gillibrand and Swalwell have dropped out.)

The candidates were not asked if that coverage would be free. Guthrie then asked two candidates — Buttigieg and Biden — to comment. Neither one said they would give "free" health care to undocumented immigrants.

Buttigieg spoke about people buying into a system and said that undocumented immigrants pay certain taxes.

"This is not about a handout," Buttigieg said. "This is an insurance program."

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/nov/08/joe-gruters/florida-gop-chair-wrongly-says-every-democrat-deba/

Seems to me providing health care for undocumented immigrants would be free for them.

How do you expect them to pay for it If they are undocumented and in the States illegally?

So maybe while the word free wasn't explicitly stated, it was clearly implied because there is absolutely zero expectation of them being able to pay for it.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Seems to me providing health care for undocumented immigrants would be free for them.

How do you expect them to pay for it If they are undocumented and in the States illegally?

So maybe while the word free wasn't explicitly stated, it was clearly implied because there is absolutely zero expectation of them being able to pay for it.

Come on, man. Why spoil a perfectly good political promise with facts and reality?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

My daughter will turn 18 on the 25th.  Our primary is on the 3rd of March.  She has little perspective on matters due to her age but she is inquisitive, well read, and extremely intelligent, I guess it skipped a generation.  She is currently contemplating Mayor Pete.  I don't know where she will land.  

Turning 18 on Fat Tuesday.

I hope he wins.  I will not be surprised if he doesn’t. 

46 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Undocumented immigrants can get taxpayer IDs. Many do. It would be the only way to participate in such a healthcare system. 

• Like 1

In 2016 I believe the estimate was that 11 million undocumented immigrants paid federal income taxes.

• Like 1