Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TartanLion

Ty Johnson, Detroit Lions new RB

52 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Best possible news for Ty.

It looks like he's going to get a chance to be their feature back.

This is good news for now.   

31 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Deja Vu from what Duke Johnson owners said about Carlos Hyde lol

completely different

with Duke Johnson, then went outside the org and signed another back with lead back experience

with Ty, they promoted somebody who was already behind TJ rather than using that roster spot for a Jay Ajayi 

• Like 2

The best news for Ty is if he gets most of the workload he has a good chance to put up 100 yards against a weak Giants run defense which would cement him in the lead back role for a few weeks.   I am not convinced that McKissic may not be a better option, but Ty is getting the first shot.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jon_mx said:

The best news for Ty is if he gets most of the workload he has a good chance to put up 100 yards against a weak Giants run defense which would cement him in the lead back role for a few weeks.   I am not convinced that McKissic may not be a better option, but Ty is getting the first shot.  

He does set up well, for this week at least.

Wasn't sold own him at first, but tried to read/watch as much as I could to learn more about him over the past few days and decided to blow a lot of my FAAB budget on him in my redraft leagues. Let's get this train rolling. 

FYI only  2 of his next 9 games are against bottom 50% rushing defenses. Could be a sell high opportunity after this week. 

His playoff schedule is against MIN (6) TB (1), DEN (14)

9 hours ago, huthut said:

No idea, I am not sure how to check.

If it's MFL, Reports -> Franchise -> Previously Processed Waivers, although this report can be hidden in commish settings.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

If it's MFL, Reports -> Franchise -> Previously Processed Waivers, although this report can be hidden in commish settings.

been in mfl for 1.5 seasons and had no idea this existed. I always wondered if I had beaten out anyone

3 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

FYI only  2 of his next 9 games are against bottom 50% rushing defenses. Could be a sell high opportunity after this week. 

His playoff schedule is against MIN (6) TB (1), DEN (14)

Chicago is not nearly as effective against the run without Akiem Hicks.  People shouldn't blindly look at team stats.

Legit surprised Detroit didn't sign a vet back or bring back CJ (knows the O). Things could change but should be interesting to see how the 3-man committee is split.

6 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Legit surprised Detroit didn't sign a vet back or bring back CJ (knows the O). Things could change but should be interesting to see how the 3-man committee is split.

They might still sign someone.  They could be trying to get a running back to sign for the minimum and the running back is holding out for a bit more.  CJ Anderson makes too much sense not to happen unless there is bad blood.  Jenny Craig on line one.

He went for 69% in my biggest money league.  I went all in and bid 61%.  It's a 2 flex league with 18 roster spots so running backs are at a premium.  What his role will eventually become is a mystery but starting running backs don't grow on trees.

Got him for 47% of my budget. 

Which means in less than two weeks another back will be signed to take his job from him.    :hot:

Play him while you got him.

Really strange imo. One league I paid 9% and got him(needed RB slightly more) one league I didn’t but I bid 37% and got outbid at 40%. Happens to be the guy I play with in both leagues too. 

Between FPC and TFC, I bid on him in 12 leagues, about 41% in each. Got him in 2 (unfortunately not in the leagues where I have Kerryon). Highest bid I saw was about 89%.

6 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

CJ Anderson makes too much sense not to happen unless there is bad blood.  

I don't get people thinking CJA makes sense? This is the guy a year ago they had up close and personal and decided to cut mid-season. For no other reason than they didn't want him. So why would they sign him now? I don't think this is a "Devil you know" kind of scenario. RB is plug-and-play if you have the right fit; CJA was a UK plug trying to fit into a US outlet.

3 hours ago, tombonneau said:

I don't get people thinking CJA makes sense? This is the guy a year ago they had up close and personal and decided to cut mid-season. For no other reason than they didn't want him. So why would they sign him now? I don't think this is a "Devil you know" kind of scenario. RB is plug-and-play if you have the right fit; CJA was a UK plug trying to fit into a US outlet.

The thinking is that as an immediate remedy, one might think they would want a guy with experience that knows the playbook already...the run blocking schemes...blitz pickups etc..

39 minutes ago, Rove! said:

The thinking is that as an immediate remedy, one might think they would want a guy with experience that knows the playbook already...the run blocking schemes...blitz pickups etc..

I get that. But it's not like he was there a year and then walked. He was actively cut midseason. Knowing the playbook and executing plays well are not the same thing.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a team that cut a veteran midseason - not a bottom roster PS guy that are always churned - then brought him back a year later. 

If the Rams lost Malcolm Brown again, sure, it makes a ton of sense to bring back CJA, just don't see it here. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by tombonneau

9 hours ago, brun said:

Between FPC and TFC, I bid on him in 12 leagues, about 41% in each. Got him in 2 (unfortunately not in the leagues where I have Kerryon). Highest bid I saw was about 89%.

Yeah in FPC I didn’t even sniff getting him in a dozen leagues. I went about 30-40% in most and didn’t have a chance. Hard pass on anything over that price for me. 

• Like 1

One thing is for sure, he's gonna bust his ### and try to show the staff that he can be the man. Reading about him, he's no fatboy CJ Anderson.

4 hours ago, lod001 said:

One thing is for sure, he's gonna bust his ### and try to show the staff that he can be the man. Reading about him, he's no fatboy CJ Anderson.

And his base contract after the already paid bonus is 495k a year.

He should be able to make Kerryon Johnson a forgotten man. Of course, I thought the same a few years back the week that Dwayne Washington guy got the starting job and proceeded to get hurt in the game.

Lions and titans have talked to dolphins about drake. If ty craps the bed this weekend I believe they trade for drake.

Edit:language

Edited by RealReactions

I sold my shares already.  Had him on 2 rebuilds and figured With Kerryon back next year his value is limited to this year. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

I sold my shares already.  Had him on 2 rebuilds and figured With Kerryon back next year his value is limited to this year. 

What if Ty runs for 100 yards a game in 5 straight? 

48 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

I'll believe that when me poop turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet

Edited by Dr. Dan

7 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

I'll believe that when me poop turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet

Please let us know if it tastes the part.

1 minute ago, Scooby1974 said:

Please let us know if it tastes the part.

apparently that quote is over your head

1 hour ago, tackle for loss said:

Then I lost the trades, because I could have waited and demanded more in return.  I locked in decent value (2020 early 3rds in SF), but I will regret it if he blows up. 

I don't trust the Lions enough I guess.  

3 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

Then I lost the trades, because I could have waited and demanded more in return.  I locked in decent value (2020 early 3rds in SF), but I will regret it if he blows up. 

I don't trust the Lions enough I guess.  

Cant fault you there.

3 hours ago, kittenmittens said:

For what kind of return.  I have him in 3 and am pretty stacked in all so would love to move him for long-term value.

Someone just traded him (in redraft) for Tyrell Williams. Not sure what the hell he was thinking, he spent 53% of his budget on him. 

ETA: I think this a really really dumb trade 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Thinking 1

I have seen enough to say the guy has talent.  I just don't trust the sometimes unfriendly FF slant the lions give us on a fairly consistent basis.  Proceed with caution?

1 hour ago, Hankmoody said:

For what kind of return.  I have him in 3 and am pretty stacked in all so would love to move him for long-term value.

2020 mid/early 3rd in SF.  I expect there to be really good players on the board between picks 25 and 30.

16 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

starting him in a couple of leagues.....ready for mckissic to vulture catches and more....

Same.   

1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

starting him in a couple of leagues.....ready for mckissic to vulture catches and more....

Agreed on McKissic getting touches in the passing game. 

But given that the Giants give up 131 rushing yards/game, a positive game script and 16+ touches could yield high RB2 numbers for Ty Johnson.   

• Like 1