What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Forrest Gregg passes away at age 85 (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
I'm watching ESPN2 right now and they just reported that Hall of Fame offensive limeman Forrest Gregg has just passed away at age 85.  He was a key ingredient of the Vince Lombardi's Packers teams of the 1960s, and is considered one of the greatest offensive limemen of all-time.  He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1977.  He will be truly missed.  What will be your favorite memory of Forrest Gregg?

1967 Ice Bowl. 3rd and goal with :16 remaining and no timeouts.

Gregg firing off the line thinking it is a Fullback dive and Bart Starr following him into the endzone for the win.

Not one single play, just how many times he was All Pro and a pro bowler. Those Packer teams had what 10 Hall of Famers?

Here was how the game was supposed to be played,  no outrageous contracts,  no over reaction to what the game is all about....hitting. Teams stayed together longer.  The best of times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe he lived here in Colorado Springs. I'd heard a while back from a guy here who knew him that he was battling dementia for some time. Lombardi called him the best football player he had ever seen. RIP.... 

RIP. As a Bears fan,  I remember him as the Coach of the Packers when the Bears were in their heyday.  The DDT on McMahon. I was too young to remember him as a player.  He was Ditka's foil. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread