What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gil Brandt passes away at age 91 (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
I have some sad news for longtime Cowboys fans: Gil Brandt died today at the age of 91. He was one of the greatest contributors in NFL history. He went into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2019. If anyone has any memories they'd like to share of Gil Brandt, please feel free to do so.

With the 114 pick the Dallas cowboys select Herschel Walker. After the pick Gil Brandt was quoted, "Its a gamble worth taking. It may never bear fruit."

The Cowboys were ahead of their time with their analytical approach to the draft due to Gil Brandt. Decades ahead of the analytics movement in sports.

The media, other teams and even some Cowboys players sometimes made light of the Cowboys 'computer' drafting. But in the 1970's and early 1980's they were ahead of the curve in player evaluation because of Gil Brandt and Tex Schramm.

RIP Gil

NFL radio did an awesome tribute on my drive. I really had no clue who he was but it was an impressive tribute.

He was still active in the field. I would still hear him regularly on Sirius NFL Radio up until very recently.
He seemed very well respected by everyone NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread