What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought he was so worn down after that Sixers series that i put way too much on Milwaukee. I do think this is more of Kawhi being this great a player right now than some oversight of Milwaukee. Would have been interesting if Lebron stayed in Cle and had to face this Toronto team too.

F'n Kawhi is costing me a lot of money this playoffs, but man is he something. 
Playoff Kawhi is fun to watch

Lopez only one who wants to shoot 
You just can’t have a superstar that can’t shoot consistently outside of ten feet and struggles with free throws and expect to not run into major issues in the playoffs.  For as good as Giannis is, I laugh when there’s talk of “will he go on a Lebron like run through the East for the next decade?”

Unless your name starts with an S and ends with haq, it’s just tough to do.

If it makes Bucks fans feel any better, they would have gotten embarrassed in the finals. I think the main reason why Bud didn't make too many adjustments is that there aren't a ton to make with the team. You need Giannis to penetrate and score, and your other guys to hit 3s. if that doesn't work, there isn't a good plan B

You know what the most popular phrase in the NBA will be next year? Load management. Kawhi is awesome, no doubt but a big reason for why he can play as hard as he is right now is because Toronto agreed to rest him for 22 games this year. That's 22 nights of no wear and tear on the body. 22 extra days of recovery between games to let the body stay fresh. Every NBA team is going to adopt a plan to strategically manage the load for their superstars so they can be at their best come playoff time. It's going to make the regular season suck but the playoffs that much sweeter.

You know what the most popular phrase in the NBA will be next year? Load management. Kawhi is awesome, no doubt but a big reason for why he can play as hard as he is right now is because Toronto agreed to rest him for 22 games this year. That's 22 nights of no wear and tear on the body. 22 extra days of recovery between games to let the body stay fresh. Every NBA team is going to adopt a plan to strategically manage the load for their superstars so they can be at their best come playoff time. It's going to make the regular season suck but the playoffs that much sweeter.
Popovich was probably the first coach to really do that and a lot of the Spurs enjoyed long careers.  The NBA regular season schedule is really a problem.  They tried to minimize stars sitting by starting the season a few days earlier in 2018, but that wasn't going to drastically change anything.

It's also a big reason I say regular season doesn't mean anything because teams are playing at 75-80%.

Crazy that Toronto still secured HCA in the finals (beating GS in OT and at Oracle looks a lot more important now)

Last edited by a moderator:
You just can’t have a superstar that can’t shoot consistently outside of ten feet and struggles with free throws and expect to not run into major issues in the playoffs.  For as good as Giannis is, I laugh when there’s talk of “will he go on a Lebron like run through the East for the next decade?”

Unless your name starts with an S and ends with haq, it’s just tough to do.
Raptors did an incredible job of building a wall when he tried to attack the rim.  The Bucks had some relatively easy adjustments they could have made, but I guess they will implement those for next postseason.

Congratulations Raptors.  The better team won the series tonight.

Watching Kawhi hit big shots and gut it out, Lowry step up big when he hasn't always in the past, an up-and-comer like Siakem show out and even knock in a big free throw, Serge making some huge plays on D like back in the days with OKC, new daddy VanVleet finding his shot, an old man like Gasol produce after years of disappointment in Memphis, a good animated head coach in Nurse, and a rabid fan base like We The North...this team is easy to root for.

Unfortunately I'm a disappointed Bucks fan, but can see a lot of similarities and respect Toronto's organization.  Mejri deserves a ton of credit and it's cool to see a solid group break through.  Hopefully that's Milwaukee next year, but for now we'll tip our cap and hope to chant 'Bucks in 6!' next year.  Fear the Deer!

Raptors in 7.

During the season Raps were a better 3 point shooting team. Raps have been ####ty in the playoffs so far....law of averages says they will start to improve. 

Raps also have enough length and THE Claw to make life hard for Giannis. Freak has been great in the playoffs, but having no jumper will hurt him and the team.
Game short. It's crazy that people know Ben Simmons is useless without a jumper in the playoffs, but everyone ignored Giannis lack of jumper going into this series. 

Congrats @Cliff Clavin

man, lot of people like to talk sh't on Embiid for being immature, but Giannis walking out on his teammates in the post game press conference is some true b.s. 

My god, dude, give it a rest. It just comes off as petty at this point.
no rest here. Just surprised seing Giannis leaving Middleton to hang by himself in the post conference. is that not something that would be concerning? i get he takes it hard, just a shame 

Hey, if that's all you had said it wouldn't have garnered any complaint from me. It's the constant comparison of everything to the 76ers as evidence that they've been treated unfairly or the media is biased or god knows what point you are trying to make. Whatever it was, you made your point long ago and are only detracting from it now by being needlessly irksome with the constant complaints.

I generally like your posts and I'm sure I have some posting habits that some find bothersome. I'm just trying to point out how it comes across, at least to me. Good luck.
yeah, i threw the Embiid thing out there, but it certainly wasn't the point. and not surprised necessarily Giannis walked out cause the losses hit him hard. just saying it is a shame to walkout and leave a teammate hanging to answer by themself

GS isn’t sweeping the Raps.  People are out of their minds.  

I think they win, but it will be a series.  Raps can play D.  

Yeah, I think they can get a game or two.  I really hope they win game 1.  Would love to see the fans in Toronto go nuts for a while.
That would be like when Iverson took game 1 of the 2001 finals. Then they blew game 2 and it was over from there. I don't think 1 superstar can beat a super team. 

Hey, if that's all you had said it wouldn't have garnered any complaint from me. It's the constant comparison of everything to the 76ers as evidence that they've been treated unfairly or the media is biased or god knows what point you are trying to make. Whatever it was, you made your point long ago and are only detracting from it now by being needlessly irksome with the constant complaints.

I generally like your posts and I'm sure I have some posting habits that some find bothersome. I'm just trying to point out how it comes across, at least to me. Good luck.
I initially agreed.....but ive actually grown to appreciate modogg unwavering fandom for his team and hatred of rivals

Too bad about the Bucks.  This was their year.  It's going to be tough for them to get better in the future and Antetokounmpo's supermax is coming.

I was playing around with their cap situation a bit.   My link Hope this works.

No way can they bring this team back.  

My guesses:

Middleton declines his option and re-signs with Bucks for the max. Bucks will be "forced" to match Brogdon at a contract starting at something like $18,000,000 million.

With these moves they are already over the cap.  And this is where things get interesting.

George Hill has team option for $19,000,000.  That will be declined.  He's gone.

Nikola Mirotic?  He'll get offers over $10,000,000 and didn't even play last game.  He's gone.

Brook Lopez?  I'm not sure what his market is, but the Bucks don't have Bird rights on him.  I can see another team swooping in on a larger, short-term term.

Dubs won't sweep. Toronto is a better team than Portland. 

Danny Green needs to be a factor along with Van Vleet continuing to play well in order to have a chance. It'll be fun to see Bogut v Gasol for 2 minutes every game, until Nurse sits Gasol for not being able to close out. If Sikam can keep pace with Draymond it'll be hard for the Dubs. Of course having KD would be best, but the Dubs really need a healthy IGGY to guard Kahwi.

Should be just as fun as the Clippers series.

you know, it was raps in 6, but it really shouldve been raps in 5. 

i still cant beieve game 1... i was so high/drunk last night i rewatched a lot of that game, and raps couldve/shouldve won by 20 on any other day. unreal, really.

Danny Green needs to be a factor along with Van Vleet continuing to play well in order to have a chance. It'll be fun to see Bogut v Gasol for 2 minutes every game, until Nurse sits Gasol for not being able to close out. If Sikam can keep pace with Draymond it'll be hard for the Dubs. Of course having KD would be best, but the Dubs really need a healthy IGGY to guard Kahwi.

Warriors are just banged up enough (and the Raptors have enough good defenders) it could be interesting.

Too bad about the Bucks.  This was their year.  It's going to be tough for them to get better in the future and Antetokounmpo's supermax is coming.

I was playing around with their cap situation a bit.   My link Hope this works.

No way can they bring this team back.  

My guesses:

Middleton declines his option and signs for the max. Bucks will be "forced" to match Brogdon at a contract starting at something like $18,000,000 million.

With these moves they are already over the cap.  And this is where things get interesting.

George Hill has team option for $19,000,000.  That will be declined.  He's gone.

Nikola Mirotic?  He'll get offers over $10,000,000 and didn't even play last game.  He's gone.

Brook Lopez?  I'm not sure what his market is, but the Bucks don't have Bird rights on him.  I can see another team swooping in on a larger, short-term term.
i hear everyone making fun of the Bledsoe contract, but at the time it seemed fine. 

Yeah some of the reactions I've been seeing to this finals matchup have been way too dismissive of Toronto's chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread