What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I didn't think CNN had a larger font--Boy was I wrong (1 Viewer)

Seriously though..That's by far the biggest headline I have ever seen on CNN.

Such a shame...once such a reputable news outlet..Now....Blech

I know how you feel, Mikey. I've often thought "Trump can't say anything dumber than that" only to discover I was wrong.

Oh come on.  Everybody fudges the title sizing and spacing when they get an assignment with a minimum page length requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:
CNN needs to just change their name to “Anti-Tump TV” and be done with it already.  I was flipping around watching the Democrat event today in South Carolina and MSNBC and Fox were all over it most of the day, but not CNN.  They had panel after panel of angry people mad about Trump not bombing Iran. Just a constant barrage of phony outrage.

CNN needs to just change their name to “Anti-Tump TV” and be done with it already.  I was flipping around watching the Democrat event today in South Carolina and MSNBC and Fox were all over it most of the day, but not CNN.  They had panel after panel of angry people mad about Trump not bombing Iran. Just a constant barrage of phony outrage.
Wait, what? The CNN angry panels wanted him to bomb Iran?

Wait, what? The CNN angry panels wanted him to bomb Iran?
Does that surprise you? CNN has resorted to being oppo-Trump on everything at this point. Yes, they indeed were critical of him not taking action against Iran. They opined that it was weak. I have no doubt if he had authorized the strikes, they then would have criticized him for using force in response to an unmanned drone being shot down. That's CNN's shtick now.

Does that surprise you? CNN has resorted to being oppo-Trump on everything at this point. Yes, they indeed were critical of him not taking action against Iran. They opined that it was weak. I have no doubt if he had authorized the strikes, they then would have criticized him for using force in response to an unmanned drone being shot down. That's CNN's shtick now.
Wait, what? CNN panels wants us to go to war with Iran over shooting down a drone?  I can't buy that.

Well since you re-worded "take action" into "go to war" it's easy to see why you can't buy that. Keep doing you, though. It's what you do.
This was the OP that started the discussion.

24 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

FYI, bombing Iran would be going to war or considered an act of war even if you don't think so.

This was the OP that started the discussion.

FYI, bombing Iran would be going to war or considered an act of war even if you don't think so.
Enjoy the semantics game, but I'll bow out. People reading this know full well what taking action meant. It meant using bombs on the missile site where the one that shot down the drone originated. And yes, CNN pundits and hosts spent yesterday criticizing Trump for not taking that step. Believe it or not. I'm surprised you didn't see it. CNN goes oppo-Trump on everything he does, whether he does right or wrong, for people like you. And you weren't watching? That explains why their ratings are in the gutter. Even their target audience has tuned them out.

I used to think they were just pro Democrat but that’s not even it anymore.  They could have cared less about the Democrat event today, it was just a “hey let’s bring in anybody and everybody who is willing to trash Trump.”  It’s just a steady stream of negativity 100% against  President Trump.

Enjoy the semantics game, but I'll bow out. People reading this know full well what taking action meant. It meant using bombs on the missile site where the one that shot down the drone originated. And yes, CNN pundits and hosts spent yesterday criticizing Trump for not taking that step. Believe it or not. I'm surprised you didn't see it. CNN goes oppo-Trump on everything he does, whether he does right or wrong, for people like you. And you weren't watching? That explains why their ratings are in the gutter. Even their target audience has tuned them out.
I would too, if I were you after getting your patootie kicked.

Can you or anyone else provide one link that shows the CNN hosts and/panels being critical of Trump for not bombing Iran in retaliation for the shot down drone? I can't believe that the network response wanted an escalation on this.

I would too, if I were you after getting your patootie kicked.

Can you or anyone else provide one link that shows the CNN hosts and/panels being critical of Trump for not bombing Iran in retaliation for the shot down drone? I can't believe that the network response wanted an escalation on this.
It didn’t happen. Trump was criticized for the chaos of his decision making (well deserved) but I didn’t see a single person rip him for calling off the attack. 

CNN doing CNN things.  Debating who counts as African-American.

https://humanevents.com/2019/07/02/cnns-racist-defense-of-kamala-harris/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dkamala%2Bharris%2Bowned%2Bslaves%26src%3DIE-SearchBox%26FORM%3DIENAE2

Last night, CNN’s Chris Cuomo opened his show with a broadside against Donald Trump Jr., suggesting that “he opened the door to another birtherism-style conspiracy” about Senator Kamala Harris. That follows up on other CNN reporters taking the same, aggressive line against the President’s son. Chris Cillizza suggested that Trump Jr. was “stoking birtherism conspiracies.” And Donie O’Sullivan, in an article that lamented how “Kamala Harris conspiracy theories festered online,” accused Trump Jr. of amplifying “disinformation” about Harris’ racial identity.

How did Trump Jr. do this? By retweeting this tweet from Ali Alexander, which argued that Senator Harris was not an “American Black”:
So strange.  I'll have to try to find the clip later. 

Isn't that exactly what Don Jr. did?
He cited a tweet and a line of thinking by the ADOS: American Descendents of Slavery.  The same line of thinking Don Lemon has utilized on air before.  So CNN supports and defends this line of thinking.  Unless Don Jr. mentions it.  Then its attack mode time. 

Max Power said:

He cited a tweet and a line of thinking by the ADOS: American Descendents of Slavery. The same line of thinking Don Lemon has utilized on air before. So CNN supports and defends this line of thinking. Unless Don Jr. mentions it. Then its attack mode time.

Huh? Don Lemon said (or openly questioned whether) Kamala Harris wasn't an American black person?

Huh? Don Lemon said (or openly questioned whether) Kamala Harris wasn't an American black person?
Flashback: CNN’s Don Lemon in February argued that Kamala Harris is black but not African-American due to her lineage pic.twitter.com/nWPZgBIT4o

— Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) June 30, 2019

“Number one, she is a Black woman,” Ryan argued. “She is a mixed-race woman. When you see her, you see her Blackness. But she is also South Asian and her dad is Jamaican. She is a Black woman.”

Lemon pushed back strongly over whether Harris was African-American.

“There is a difference between being African-American and being black,” the CNN anchor insisted. “Latino people are people of color, but they are not black, they’re brown people.”

“She is a black woman,” Ryan interjected.

“I agree with that, but is she African-American?” Lemon shouted back. “All she had to do was say, ‘I am Black, but I’m not African-American.’”

When Ryan tried to point out that many Africans ended up in the Caribbean, Lemon interrupted to say, “Jamaica is not America. Jamaica did not come out of Jim Crow. I’m just saying.”

Flashback: CNN’s Don Lemon in February argued that Kamala Harris is black but not African-American due to her lineage pic.twitter.com/nWPZgBIT4o

— Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) June 30, 2019

“Number one, she is a Black woman,” Ryan argued. “She is a mixed-race woman. When you see her, you see her Blackness. But she is also South Asian and her dad is Jamaican. She is a Black woman.”

Lemon pushed back strongly over whether Harris was African-American.

“There is a difference between being African-American and being black,” the CNN anchor insisted. “Latino people are people of color, but they are not black, they’re brown people.”

“She is a black woman,” Ryan interjected.

“I agree with that, but is she African-American?” Lemon shouted back. “All she had to do was say, ‘I am Black, but I’m not African-American.’”

When Ryan tried to point out that many Africans ended up in the Caribbean, Lemon interrupted to say, “Jamaica is not America. Jamaica did not come out of Jim Crow. I’m just saying.”
So you're saying another CNN analyst argued with Lemon and told him he was wrong, too? That's what counts as "support and defend" what he said?

Lemon and this group have expressed their opinion on the matter. Not an issue.

Don jr. Retweets the exact same opinion and is called a racist and conspiracy theorist. 

CNN bases its outrage on who says it, not the content. 

Lemon and this group have expressed their opinion on the matter. Not an issue.

Don jr. Retweets the exact same opinion and is called a racist and conspiracy theorist. 

CNN bases its outrage on who says it, not the content. 
Not the exact same opinion. There's a difference between arguing about the meaning of "African-American" (Lemon) and saying she isn't a "American Black" (Alexander and Donny, Jr.), implying that she either isn't Black or isn't an American. Lemon was quite clear that he believes she is Black and an American. His only argument (nonsensical as it may be) is over the semantics of "African-American". 

A random act of journalism took place on CNN guys-

Fareed Zakaria, the CNN anchor, on Sunday said it “pains” him to admit it, but President Trump was correct that the U.S. finds itself in a crisis with asylum system and the number of new arrivals.

The host of “Fareed Zakaria GPS,” was also critical of asylum rules that he called “vague, laxed and being gamed.” Zakaria said asylum was initially intended for a small number of people in the most extreme circumstances, not as a process of immigration in itself. He said the rules need to be “substantially tightened."

He pointed out that “many” current asylum-seekers often have “suspiciously similar stories” and employ “identical phrases.”
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnns-fareed-zakaria-says-trump-was-right-about-asylum-system-pains-me-to-say

Users who are viewing this thread