What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CNN: Obama On Republicans "Just Beat Them" Because They're "Mean, Racist, Sexist, Angry" (10/10/22 17:48 PST) (1 Viewer)

GordonGekko

Footballguy
Direct Headline: Democrats won’t get as much Obama as they want in the midterms. But he has some other plans.

By Edward-Isaac Dovere, CNN October 10, 2022

....Obama is often the moderator but sometimes pipes in with advice, like when he met with European leaders in a closed-door session at his democracy speech in Copenhagen during which he pushed back on a question about how to handle opposition....Sometimes it just turns out they’re mean, they’re racist, they’re sexist, they’re angry. And your job is then to just beat them because they’re not persuadable,” Obama said, according to a transcript obtained by CNN....

....But beyond the midterm season, Obama sees a larger purpose to this latest phase of his post-presidency life. No matter how the midterms go, the former President will host what he’s calling a Democracy Forum two weeks after Election Day – the first event that he’s hoping to turn into an annual gathering, reflecting a recalibration of the Obama Foundation to focus on democracy in America and around the world....“We’ll explore a range of issues – from strengthening institutions and fighting disinformation, to promoting inclusive capitalism and expanded pluralism – that will shape democracies for generations to come,” Obama writes in an announcement of the event going out to donors and others involved with the foundation, first obtained by CNN. “We’ll showcase democracy in action around the world, and approaches that are working. And we’ll discuss and debate ideas for how we can adapt our democracies and our institutions for a new age....”

A common feature of Obama’s post-presidency period will be noticeably missing in this first midterm election under Biden....Gone will be the rounds of mass campaign endorsement lists for statewide, House and state legislator candidates that Obama had been putting out since leaving the White House. The decision to stop those lists is a function, people who’ve been working with him say, of stepping back from the extended leadership role he played in the Democratic Party during the Trump years...

....Much of Obama’s focus has been the multi-million-dollar deals continuing his transformation from president to brand. With the Emmy last month for the national parks documentary he narrated for Netflix, he’s a Tony short of becoming an EGOT, if his production company is included....Some Democrats mock his various ventures as “Obama, Inc.” Among them: Switching his podcast deal from Spotify to Audible, expanding productions under his Netflix deal and a second volume of memoirs – adding to the already 768-page book published in 2020....

....As much as Obama likes to insist that he’s ready to start playing a more background part, he consulted with both Biden and Schumer about the failed attempt to push through a bill on voting rights. He was also on the phone after Biden’s Build Back Better legislation collapsed, backing the idea of slimming down the bill to just be climate change provisions and whatever else was needed to get West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin’s support....He spent months on phone calls with tech leaders and advocates, building up to a speech he delivered at Stanford in the spring aimed at rallying the elites and intellectuals into getting involved with what he described as essentially unregulated social media companies....Obama’s staff, meanwhile, has remained in regular touch with Biden’s political staff at the White House, strategizing about opportunities to speak up on the President’s behalf. He was a sounding board for Biden on the Afghanistan withdrawal and followed up with a strong statement of support....

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/10/politics/barack-obama-midterms/index.html

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ems-must-beat-racist-sexist-angry-republicans

"I believe a genuine democracy must be rooted in the core principle that all persons, regardless of their race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical capacity, economic status — all persons have an inviolable dignity and worth, and that they are entitled to a say in how they are governed and deserve equal treatment in the eyes of the law. That to me is a core principle of democracy." Former President Barack Obama, 2022 Copenhagen Democracy Summit

“It’s here that companies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.” - Former President Barack Obama

"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen." - Former President Barack Obama

"Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states. I think one left to go? " -
Former President Barack Obama

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes at 72 degrees at all times, and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK. That's not leadership."
-
Former President Barack Obama

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor." -
Former President Barack Obama on Obamacare

"Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though." -
Former President Barack Obama on his previous extensive drug use, Dreams Of My Father

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." -
Former President Barack Obama, Tonight Show, 2009

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." -
Former President Barack Obama on why he was losing appeal to working class voters, 2008

"We're not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money." -
Former President Barack Obama , 2010

"I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." -
Former President Barack Obama defending his tax plan to suffering small-business owners

"Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as a way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." -
Former President Barack Obama referring to a committee he was not on, and Iran is on track currently to develop nuclear weapons.

With the looming threat of widespread political violence in America (SCOTUS, J6, Zeldin, Jayapal) , did Barack Obama really need to talk about his political opposition, the Republicans and say "Just Beat Them"? Did he need to say inciting and toxic divisive partisan rhetoric like "They're Mean, They're Racist, They're Sexist, They're Angry"?

Obama and his staff like to brag how they are so involved with the Democratic Party, even being knee deep and giving "advice" to Big Tech, Big Social Media, Big Education, MSM, Hollywood, the Biden Administration, and on and on and on.

Obama says he's doing important critical things to "strengthen institutions" - How has that worked out so far?

Obama says he's doing important critical things to "fighting disinformation" - How has that worked out so far?

Obama says he's doing important critical things to "promoting inclusive capitalism" - How has that worked out so far?

Obama says he's doing important critical things to "expand pluralism" - How has that worked out so far?

Obama says he's doing important critical things to "shape democracies for generations to come" - How has that worked out so far?

Obama says he's doing important critical things to ensure "all persons, regardless of their race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical capacity, economic status — all persons have an inviolable dignity and worth, and that they are entitled to a say in how they are governed and deserve equal treatment " - How has that worked out so far when he says to "Just Beat Them" and calls Republicans as mean, racist, sexist and angry? Is that dignified? Is that a measure of worth for actual American citizens? Is that equal treatment? Or does he actually mean those principles only apply to to those whom dogmatically agree with him and vote the way he wants?

Barack Obama talks about dignity, while refusing to actually set that example himself, but helps to give the American people, at minimum, four years of the terrifying incompetent reign of Joe Biden.

I don't like Donald Trump, I want him out of professional politics, I'm tired of his crap. But are we going to pretend Trump is the only toxic problem/idiot narcissistic former POTUS in current American politics?

I'll leave this here for others to discuss.

"I believe a genuine democracy must be rooted in the core principle that all persons, regardless of their race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical capacity, economic status — all persons have an inviolable dignity and worth, and that they are entitled to a say in how they are governed and deserve equal treatment in the eyes of the law. That to me is a core principle of democracy." Former President Barack Obama, 2022 Copenhagen Democracy Summit
Pretty great statement here. (y)

Trump woulda said that if he thought of it.

But back to trying to bring Obama down to Trumps level :ROFLMAO:

Too bad Democrats don't believe that. Democrats have completely trashed the idea of equal treatment in favor of equal outcome which is only achievable by abandoning equal treatment. Glad you are ready to be a conservative.

Too bad Democrats don't believe that. Democrats have completely trashed the idea of equal treatment in favor of equal outcome which is only achievable by abandoning equal treatment. Glad you are ready to be a conservative.
We can all aspire to be better.

But back to trying to bring Obama down to Trumps level :ROFLMAO:

Direct Headline: Obama Draws Attention to, Criticizes Republican Assault on Marriage Equality

By Alex Cooper October 25 2021 12:09 AM EDT

At an event in Richmond, Va., on Saturday supporting Terry McAuliffe, Virginia's Democratic candidate for governor, former President Barack Obama took aim at McAuliffe’s opponent’s recent admission that he does not support same-sex marriage.

Are we still arguing about gay marriage? Really? I thought that ship had sailed,” Obama said to the crowd at Virginia Commonwealth University. “I thought that was pretty clearly the right thing to do.....”

https://www.advocate.com/politics/2021/10/25/obama-criticizes-republican-assault-marriage-equality

Direct Headline: Obama’s latest ‘evolution’ on gay marriage: He lied about opposing it, Axelrod says

By Hunter Schwarz February 10, 2015 at 10:44 a.m. EST

When President Obama said during the 2008 campaign that he did not support marriage for same-sex couples, he only did so because it was politically expedient, David Axelrod writes in his new book, Believer: My Forty Years in Politics, according to Time....Obama publicly opposed same-sex marriage for years after that, in fact, until an interview with ABC News in 2012, which also just so happened to be the first year the support for gay marriage crested opposition, data from Pew shows, and the year Obama was campaigning for reelection....

....In 1996, as an Illinois state Senate candidate, Obama indicated on a questionnaire that he supported same-sex marriage. In 2011, however, White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer said the questionnaire was filled out by someone else and that Obama "has never favored same-sex marriage.".....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ay-marriage-its-another-convenient-evolution/

So Obama calls Republicans and Conservatives as "sexist", says "just beat them" and he criticizes Glenn Youngkin for opposing same sex marriages.

But for Obama, in the mid 90s, he was noted and on record saying he did support same sex marriages, then apparently later he didn't, because "someone else filled out the questionnaire", then yet again he does support it. Obama's majordomo, David Axelrod, can only pathetically dig up the excuse that Obama was a liar. That's it. That's all they had left to give. Obama said he was opposed to same sex marriage, on record, then he needed to change that because it was politically expedient, so the only fabrication left is Axelrod trying to sell that Obama always believed in same sex marriage, but didn't have the guts and integrity to say so out loud.

What is the pathway here? It's better to be seen as a liar and gutless and refuse to stand up for your values instead of being called a bigot? Then Obama has the sack to actually criticize other politicians for their current views on same sex marriage? Really?

So Obama wants to start a new current policy/advocacy group, a very profitable one at that, to "fight disinformation", but his majordomo and mouthpiece literally comes out and admits that Obama intentionally spouted "misinformation" about his perceived views on same sex marriage for years. Not in some marginal instances, but FOR YEARS ON END.

OK, let's dispel the terms "misinformation" and "disinformation" - Obama lied, thus he is a liar.

And let us not forget -

“The first thing I’d do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act.” - Barack Obama on the campaign trail, 2007

"Now, the Freedom of Choice Act is not highest legislative priority." - President Barack Obama, 2009

Obama could have codified Roe into federal law, he said he'd do it as his first act as POTUS, and he had the needed majorities to do it, for a short while, and yet he lied about it. Notice a trend, he keeps lying, despite it casting him in a light that is sexist and bigoted, while he has the gall to call others as sexist and bigoted, in-between calling for his political enemies to be "beaten"

OK, for the radical leftists in here, sharpen your tribalism partisan spears and come at me now. Go on, try to defend any of this.

Users who are viewing this thread