What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chores for teenagers.(step children) (1 Viewer)

Yeah, this is what seems disturbing. No issues until recently and now can't wait to get him out of the house?

Why exactly are you fostering children then?

I didn't want to come across too strongly after my posts yesterday, but yeah...I had similar thoughts. 

bucksoh said:
We foster and if I call the police it is possible for us to lose our foster licsense sp.
Also, you don't lose your foster license if you call the police if there's a valid reason for calling (i.e. your stepson is assaulting you or others). That's nonsense.

You lose your license if the police come out and find out something they shouldn't know about.

I'll tell you what smarty pants, u recommend one in northwest ohio and we'll go since you have all the answers.

So did you start the thread asking for help or just hoping people would confirm that this 17 year old is a pain in the ###? Obviously "chores" is not the topic of the thread any longer, but you came here for advice and discussion about your problem, right? 

Also, you don't lose your foster license if you call the police if there's a valid reason for calling (i.e. your stepson is assaulting you or others). That's nonsense.

You lose your license if the police come out and find out something they shouldn't know about.
 We have lost our foster care license by going to the police and cps.  You have no idea how corrupt and incompetent they are around here.  But you definately have a wrong answer for everything in this thread.  Here is how we lost our license  we took in a foster kid and I was reclining in the couch, this 3 year old jumps on my lap while I'm reaching to pick the kid up , he grabs my penis and says he wants to play with my pee pee.  So we goto the cops to report it and they tell us we have to report it in the county the child is from.  We go there to report it, they tell us to take it up with cps.   We do that after all the interviews they determine nothing happened.  But when they filed it they listed me as a potentual perp.  Even though in the original paper work it doesn't list me as that.  So we lost our license over a false report.  Had to take foster classes to get our license back even though i did nothing wrong.  For 7 years this county was not allowed placing children with us even though we went before a committee and explained everything and they agreed it was their fault but because the way their policy is they couldn't place children with us.  

Last edited by a moderator:
you foster other kids yet seem to have no concern for the 17-year-old's mental well-being?  it is probably only going to be worse in the long run for you if you don't try to do something, anyway.
If you read the thread you would see that he has been in therapy since he was 2 seen 7 pyschologists over the years.   I've done more than my share on trying to get this kid help.

Yeah, this is what seems disturbing. No issues until recently and now can't wait to get him out of the house?

Why exactly are you fostering children then?
Ok didn't see this before last reply.  He has had issues since two.  reading comprehension down?  He has been in therapy almost his whole life trying to get him help.  It has been tolerable up until he turned 17.

I am in fostering because it is my wifes passion she loves helping people.  I'm along for the ride.  Yes the foster kids haven't seen his behaviors too much because me and my wife know how to deal with difficult children.  I'm  just asking for what is acceptable chores for a step child.  Too the ones who have responded much appreciated.   To the ones who have been saying this stuff doesn't happen please exit stage left.  You're really don't know as much as you think you do by googling.

So did you start the thread asking for help or just hoping people would confirm that this 17 year old is a pain in the ###? Obviously "chores" is not the topic of the thread any longer, but you came here for advice and discussion about your problem, right? 
I asked this thread looking for what is acceptable chores for a step child nothing more.  It was a mistake to say the other stuff, because i know most are not qualified to answer.  To the ones that have answered it is much appreciated.

Also If it is ok with the foster families I can give you several who have contacted the police and they have lost their foster license and in one case their job.  All because the counties around here are so corrupt.  Police and CPS.

Do you even foster cause you sure act like you think you know everything?  

There is a HUGE difference between "acceptable chores for a stepchild" and "acceptable chores for a stepchild who is bipolar and has been in therapy all his life".

If you're counting the days before he leaves then like I said before I wait it out and not bother wasting your time.

If you wanna keep trying to make an attempt the normal dishes garbage might not be up his alley I would look for things that he has some interests in.

Into cars?

Maybe change an oil or organize the garage?

Good with his hands?

Clean and organize tools, maybe paint or help with projects that may require time and thinking. Fix a leaky faucet or patch some holes in walls or fixing furniture?

There is a HUGE difference between "acceptable chores for a stepchild" and "acceptable chores for a stepchild who is bipolar and has been in therapy all his life".
This is what i need because I'm looking for what is acceptable for both.

If you're counting the days before he leaves then like I said before I wait it out and not bother wasting your time.

If you wanna keep trying to make an attempt the normal dishes garbage might not be up his alley I would look for things that he has some interests in.

Into cars?

Maybe change an oil or organize the garage?

Good with his hands?

Clean and organize tools, maybe paint or help with projects that may require time and thinking. Fix a leaky faucet or patch some holes in walls or fixing furniture?
Yeah think i just need to lower my expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread