What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 - How did I do thread (1 Viewer)

I do. Mack is a mid 3rd round pick and Cohen is a mid 5th. I actually project Cohen to outscore Mack this year at a price of 2 rounds later. 
And if u drafted Mack in rd 3 and didn’t own Cohen, you would say there’s no chance of that happening.   

Yawn.  

Let me know if you wanna bet that straight up.  We can make it happen.  

And if u drafted Mack in rd 3 and didn’t own Cohen, you would say there’s no chance of that happening.   

Yawn.  

Let me know if you wanna bet that straight up.  We can make it happen.  
I put $350 down on it a few days back. Start drafting Bell and Mack... otherwise it’s just words.

No u didn’t put $350 down on it.  Haha.  You act like u took Cohen over Mack.   I’m asking u to put your $ where your mouth is.   You said he would outproduce Mack straight up.  I’m saying he won’t.   What am I missing here outside of you deflecting now? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Da Gildz said:
It’s ok.  Don’t see anything here that stands out.  Frankly for a Barkley team, it’s kind of on the weaker side.   Don’t see much value anywhere on this roster.  Looks like you whiffed some in those middle rds.  I’m also not on the Tyler Lockett bandwagon.  Don’t see the volume being there.  Also prefer Evans to Allen by a decent margin.  Allen has 1 season with 6+ tds.   His rookie year.  With Henry back, M Will is a red zone beast, I don’t see that changing for Allen this year.  So he needs to get those 150+ targets to return 2nd rd value.  GL
Thanks for feedback.  So much obviously depends on where you value players.  Disagree with Lockett, think he hits 110-120 targets this year, which is enough for his skill set to be just outside WR1 territory. But to each their own.

I see what you mean with Evans/Allen.  Debated it and won't call it a mistake on my part b/c I have slightly ahead in points.  Had gone with Allen because felt he was safer since Evans is much more TD-Dependent imo.  But Evans definitely has higher ceiling, coupled with Allen's week 12 bye, maybe should have gone with Evans.

Won a few entries, so my first time drafting in this format. 

4th Pick - June 29

QB - Wilson (8) Trubisky (16)

RB - Kamara (1) Cohen (4) Guice (5) Howard (9) Riddick (13) Burkhead (19)

WR - Cooper (3) Kupp (6) Jeffery (7) Sanders (10) Miller (11) Goodwin (14) Calloway (17) Enunwa (20)

TE - Ertz (2) Hockenson (12)

K - Fairburn (18)

D - LA Rams (14)

Second draft, one more left in late August.

6th Pick - July 13

QB - Mahomes (4) Wilson (12)

RB - Johnson (1) Gurley (2) Guice (7) McKinnon (8) Brown (13)

WR - Cooper (3) Williams (6) Samuel (9) Washington (10) Z Jones (14) Goodwin (15) T Smith (16) Calloway (18)

TE - Cook (5) Goedert (11)

K - Gould (19)

D -  BAL (17) NE (20)

Won a few entries, so my first time drafting in this format. 

4th Pick - June 29

QB - Wilson (8) Trubisky (16)

RB - Kamara (1) Cohen (4) Guice (5) Howard (9) Riddick (13) Burkhead (19)

WR - Cooper (3) Kupp (6) Jeffery (7) Sanders (10) Miller (11) Goodwin (14) Calloway (17) Enunwa (20)

TE - Ertz (2) Hockenson (12)

K - Fairburn (18)

D - LA Rams (14)
Nice well rounded squad Billybob  :suds:

Nice well rounded squad Billybob  :suds:
Thanks ITS.  I've mock drafted quite a few teams prepping and find I like my teams better when I don't go TE in the 2nd.

When I was live I could not resist a top TE with the scoring bump, but I did feel like I was chasing RBs/WRs rest of the way.  In my regular leagues this is fine because I can generally make it up later, but the competition in these leagues makes it more interesting.  

Second draft, one more left in late August.

6th Pick - July 13

QB - Mahomes (4) Wilson (12)

RB - Johnson (1) Gurley (2) Guice (7) McKinnon (8) Brown (13)

WR - Cooper (3) Williams (6) Samuel (9) Washington (10) Z Jones (14) Goodwin (15) T Smith (16) Calloway (18)

TE - Cook (5) Goedert (11)

K - Gould (19)

D -  BAL (17) NE (20)
Of course Scientist picked the weaker 1 to like.  This is clearly the better squad.   By a decent margin. 

GL

FFPC paying me back for those 3 top picks....From the 12:

QB: Brees (14), Allen (17)

RB: Cook (2), Jacobs (4), Sanders (7),  R Freeman (8), Pollard (10), Mattison (12)

WR: Julio (1), Cooper (3), Mike Will (5), Pettis (6), Isabella (13), Hamilton (16)

TE:  Andrews (9), Herndon (11), Eifert (15)

K: Tavechio (19)

Def: LAC (18), NO (20)

I like it.  Had to gamble in some spots given my draft position and in a tough room.  Coots nice draft.  You snaked a few of my guys for sure   Especially Henderson was hoping he’d fall to me in the 7th.  Haven’t seen Amari fall to the 3/4 turn once yet.  Was a nice gift. Really like my TE’s for sleeping on them.  Andrews is flying up draft boards.  Was happy to land him there.  Let’s hear it!  And yes Scientist I already know you think it sucks.  Tough drafting at the end this year!!

RB: Cook (2), Jacobs (4), Sanders (7),  R Freeman (8), Pollard (10), Mattison (12)

WR: Julio (1), Cooper (3), Mike Will (5), Pettis (6), Isabella (13), Hamilton (16)

I like it.  Had to gamble in some spots given my draft position and in a tough room.  Coots nice draft.  You snaked a few of my guys for sure   Especially Henderson was hoping he’d fall to me in the 7th.  Haven’t seen Amari fall to the 3/4 turn once yet.  Was a nice gift. Really like my TE’s for sleeping on them.  Andrews is flying up draft boards.  Was happy to land him there.  Let’s hear it!  And yes Scientist I already know you think it sucks.  Tough drafting at the end this year!!
Looks like you are coming around to my guys. Where is Mack and Bell?

Ummm.  I picked at 12 man.  😎

Bell isn’t dropping that far anymore.  You missed your chance.  

Not getting Mack with the 12 pick, either...

Love Jones and Cooper picks.  Great value there and I think both are poised for big seasons.  Cook should be good with the run heavy offense if he stays healthy.  Hopefully poised for his breakout year.

Otherwise, I think some question marks IMO - drafting from the 12 against a tough group is always difficult.  I'd love to see the board on this one to see how some of these values panned out.

I like your other teams more.

Not getting Mack with the 12 pick, either...

Love Jones and Cooper picks.  Great value there and I think both are poised for big seasons.  Cook should be good with the run heavy offense if he stays healthy.  Hopefully poised for his breakout year.

Otherwise, I think some question marks IMO - drafting from the 12 against a tough group is always difficult.  I'd love to see the board on this one to see how some of these values panned out.

I like your other teams more.
Yea there wasn’t much value to be had in this one.  The guy before me was helping out some taking guys I had no interest in every pick before me.  Outside of that , not much was falling.  And there was nothing there at rb at the 3/4 turn.  It’s Jacobs and a big drop off imo.  Lindsay/White were the next 2 rbs taken.  Yikes.  Also super high on Cook this year.  Wanted a share for sure.   Mattison as a cheap cuff makes that a $ pick for me.     Well see how this one goes.  For a 12 spot squad, think it’s pretty solid.  And balanced. Thx for feedback 

Picking in the 12 spot, I like that you stocked up on RB/WRs from a strategy standpoint and waited until later for TE and QB.  Also think the TEs you got have great value and some upside (especially Andrews).  I've been getting Cooper in the early/mid 3rd and was happy to get him there, great to pick him up at the 3/4 turn.

I was wondering if that was you...  I actually had Cook targeted in the second which he is usually there at that spot.  I was pissed when you took him, don't have him yet and wanted to start getting some shares..  Overall you had a nice draft, I don't like the backend either but I have only gotten one top 4 pick so far this year.  It will be fun to see how this plays out.

I will post mine too..

Rodgers

Bell, Gurley, A Jones, Henderson, J. Williams, B. Anderson

AJ Green, Ridley, G. Allison, E. Sanders, G. Tate, J. Gordon, K. Johnson, AJ Brown, T. Quinn

Engram, Graham

Minn, Zuerlein

Overall not bad but will need AJ Green to come back healthy..

I will post mine too..

Rodgers

AJ Green, Ridley, G. Allison, E. Sanders, G. Tate, J. Gordon, K. Johnson, AJ Brown, T. Quinn

Engram, Graham

Minn, Zuerlein

Seems to me you are paying too much for the names. A lot of hope they are or hope they can stay healthy here. 

GL!

I will post mine too..

Rodgers

Engram, Graham

Minn, Zuerlein

The AJ Green pick surprised me.  Didn’t think you discounted him enough.    Maybe he misses 2-3 games and he’s good to go.  That seems optimistic to me tho.  Foot injuries are tricky.  Don’t love Gurley but u stole Henderson there.  That’s the latest I’ve seen him go.  Pretty solid but like u said you probably need a good/healthy AJ Green to make some noise.  

Wow...just put together another championship squad from the 7 hole.

QB: Trubisky, Allen

RB: Kerryon, Cohen, Penny, Breida, Darwin Thompson, Bruce Anderson

WR: Tyreek, JuJu, DJ Moore, Pettis, Curtis Samuel, DK Metcalf, Isabella, Zay Jones

TE: Andrews, Fant

K: Gano

😧 Cowboys
Evan Silva and Adam Levitan were in my draft. I'll update you all on how this squad dominates them.

Don’t think dominating them will be that tough a challenge.  Not sure what the heck they were doing.  Freeman / Sanders and Hunt as their top 3 backs.  Took 6 WR’s before a 3rd rb.  Oy. 3 of those WR’s can’t even be flexed because they took 2 TE’s early.   Just horrid roster construction.  They’ll be bottom feeders there.  

Don’t think dominating them will be that tough a challenge.  Not sure what the heck they were doing.  Freeman / Sanders and Hunt as their top 3 backs.  Took 6 WR’s before a 3rd rb.  Oy. 3 of those WR’s can’t even be flexed because they took 2 TE’s early.   Just horrid roster construction.  They’ll be bottom feeders there.  
But guys like that drive the ADP you cherish. The guys at 12 where also "experts" and they all talked about the draft on the new EstablishTheRun podcast. Don't discount the "experts".

But guys like that drive the ADP you cherish. The guys at 12 where also "experts" and they all talked about the draft on the new EstablishTheRun podcast. Don't discount the "experts".
They don’t drive anything.  I like how u keep using ADP as a crutch for making bad picks.  It’s all good.  And the “expert” was pick 10 in your draft , not 12.  He and his partner took down the main event in 2016.  How do I know more about your league then u do?  

They don’t drive anything.  I like how u keep using ADP as a crutch for making bad picks.  It’s all good.  And the “expert” was pick 10 in your draft , not 12.  He and his partner took down the main event in 2016.  How do I know more about your league then u do?  
you paid $9 for the fantasymojo.com pass

Welp, just did an interesting one.  Drafted from the 10 spot.  Somehow DJ fell to me.

QB: Ryan

RB: DJ, Cook, Henry, White, Henderson, D Harris, M Davis

WR: Allen, Kirk, Coutee, Miller, Parker, Isabella, Goodwin

TE: Andrews, Waller, Eifert

K: Tavecchio

DEF: NO

Man, weird draft.  Wanted a stud WR after DJ, but 11th/12th both went WR/WR, and I really like Cook this year.  Arg.

It is not lost on me that I am going to have to get super lucky to win in week 12 if this team makes the playoffs.

Otherwise I think this one is strong, barring injuries or continuity of Arizona suckitude from last year.  Need Andrews to hit Scientist's expectations. I wanted a good TE in the 7th but there was a massive run and no one was left over.

What do you guys think...?

took a different approach from 4 last night

QB:  Mitchell Trubisky, Lamar Jackson
RB:  David Johnson, Lamar Miller, Dion Lewis, Chase Edmonds, Darwin Thompson, Tony Pollard
WR:  T.Y. Hilton, Brandin Cooks, Marvin Jones, Sammy Watkins, Trey Quinn, Andy Isabella, David Moore
TE:  Zach Ertz, O.J. Howard, Jared Cook
PK:  Mason Crosby
TD:  Los Angeles Chargers

Welp, just did an interesting one.  Drafted from the 10 spot.  Somehow DJ fell to me.

Man, weird draft.  Wanted a stud WR after DJ, but 11th/12th both went WR/WR, and I really like Cook this year.  Arg.

It is not lost on me that I am going to have to get super lucky to win in week 12 if this team makes the playoffs.

Otherwise I think this one is strong, barring injuries or continuity of Arizona suckitude from last year.  Need Andrews to hit Scientist's expectations. I wanted a good TE in the 7th but there was a massive run and no one was left over.

I like it. U hit on the week 12 thing.  Going to be hard to win that week missing your top 4 position players.  I don’t mind gambling with the bye guys either but this looks extreme.  I don’t really like the WR’s much after Kirk.  But you’ll likely be starting the RB’s here most weeks.  Henry lasted till 4.3 here?  Geez these drafts are so different.  Overall pretty solid should definitely be in the pts race for a playoff spot end of season  

GL

like the players but week 12 is going to kill you, need to hope you have best record or most points

RB:  David Johnson, Lamar Miller, Dion Lewis, Chase Edmonds, Darwin Thompson, Tony Pollard
WR:  T.Y. Hilton, Brandin Cooks, Marvin Jones, Sammy Watkins, Trey Quinn, Andy Isabella, David Moore
I really wanted to hate this team but I just can’t.   I’m warming up to OJ Howard big time.  I need some shares.  He could be the next Kelce level TE and his stock keeps rising.  Getting him end of 4th is a nice value.  I could see him squarely in the 3rd in a couple weeks.  Lot of upside here. Flexing 2 TE’s is always a dangerous game but I think it can work for u.  Pollard also looks like he could be a gem as long as Zeke is out.   GL

Da Gildz said:
I like it. U hit on the week 12 thing.  Going to be hard to win that week missing your top 4 position players.  I don’t mind gambling with the bye guys either but this looks extreme.  I don’t really like the WR’s much after Kirk.  But you’ll likely be starting the RB’s here most weeks.  Henry lasted till 4.3 here?  Geez these drafts are so different.  Overall pretty solid should definitely be in the pts race for a playoff spot end of season  

GL
So I was targeting DJax at 11.10, but he went at 11.5.  That stung.  Only other guy I missed on late was Perris Campbell, but he is a huge unknown anyhow, otherwise I sorta got the value that was left at WR.  Coutee should be a good WR3 in PPR.  Many analysts think he is the real WR2 in HOU this year.  I see him as a poor man's Cooper Kupp.  Happy to take him in the 8th.  Sounding like Fitzmagic is going to be the starter in MIA, so I am also happy with a share of Parker or a share of Stills super late.  I got Isabella at 15.10.  He could be solid as you know.  But yeah thin at WR due to the early run on WRs - and the way overall value fell........

To that point, I got DJ at 1.10, Allen at 3.10, Henry at 4.3.  Then I got White at 5.10.  I will take White all day in late 5th/early 6th.  Then I got Henderson at 7.10 (!).  I think that is actually right around intrinsic value, but man that is WAY better than ADP.  You'll also note that few of my teams have Gurley on them, so I am happy with that pick.  I felt like I drafted for value throughout this draft, because the value was there, which is pretty rare in these FFPC drafts, bc they can be loaded with experienced owners.  That's how my team wound up a little weird WRT skewing to WR and week 12 bye.  And I have none of my cuffs, which is also rare for my teams.  Usually I try to cuff at least one of my top guys.  Couldn''t do it 'cause I needed WRs/TEs in those rounds.  It was an interesting draft to be sure.

Aunt Jemima said:
like the players but week 12 is going to kill you, need to hope you have best record or most points
Given the way the draft was going early, I made the decision early on to just go for it here; going for the points/league standings, and maybe I get lucky and some of my depth emerges and/or I get team who has an off day in the playoffs (were I to make it).  Thx for the feedback.

Aunt Jemima said:

Agree with Gildz.  I wanna say this is your worst team, but I still kinda like it and think it could work due to the TE situation.  I wish you had paired a late-round QB with a more solid floor in lieu of either Trubisky or Jackson.  Rivers, Roethlisberger, Cousins, etc. Don't really like the RB2 here; Pollard is good late round stash, but otherwise limited upside IMO. AND Zeke will probably play or it will be a full blown RBBC and/or the ground game will just take several steps back.  WR starters and depth are OK.  Good value on Cooks at 5.4 there.  Absolutely loaded at TE, so I bet you will be flexing two TEs.  Always fun to have one of those teams, I definitely want one! 

GL.

Aunt Jemima said:

This is your best team yet. Great draft bro!

Aunt Jemima said:

I like your QBs and some of the chances you took at RB and WR. Very, very solid at TE too.

From the 3:

QB: Winston (12), Allen (17)

RB:  Kamara (1), Gurley (2), Kerryon (3), D Henderson (7), Samuels (8), Malcolm Brown (18)

WR: Golladay (5), Pettis (6), Valdez-Scantling (9), Tate (11), Isabella (13), Tre’quan Smith (15), Callaway (20)

TE:  Engram (4), Reed (10), Gesicki (14)

K: Tucker (16)

Def: Minn (19)

👈

From the 3:

RB:  Kamara (1), Gurley (2), Kerryon (3), D Henderson (7), Samuels (8), Malcolm Brown (18)

WR: Golladay (5), Pettis (6), Valdez-Scantling (9), Tate (11), Isabella (13), Tre’quan Smith (15), Callaway (20)

👈
like this one, wound up with several wrs i like despite waiting on them, pretty solid everywhere

From the 3:

👈
Wish I got as many high draft slots as you get. Must be nice. I always end up 7-10. As for the team it’s one of your better ones.

this was in June from 7 spot

QB:  Cam Newton, Jared Goff
RB:  Kerryon Johnson, Chris Carson, Derrius Guice, Dion Lewis, David Montgomery
WR:  JuJu Smith-Schuster, Amari Cooper, Marvin Jones, Sammy Watkins, Jamison Crowder, John Brown, TreQuan Smith
TE:  Travis Kelce, Noah Fant, Greg Olsen
PK:  Wil Lutz
TD:  Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys

like this one, wound up with several wrs i like despite waiting on them, pretty solid everywhere

Was a pick away from Howard in the 4th and Samuel in 8th.  Dude sniped me big time.  Would have liked it a bit more if those 2 lasted.   MVS as a WR3 is a bit dicey.  Hoping the Jordan Reed reports are legit and I can flex him if need be.  This was a wacky draft with TE’s at least.  Jared Cook went rd 4, Vance and Hooper in the 5th , Andrews in the 6th!   Yet there were solid TE’s falling till rd 10+.  I passed on Kirk in the 7th.  I don’t love him but at that spot should have pulled the trigger.  May have some buyers remorse with that pick.   1 more draft and put it in the books. Have to grab some FOMO guys in that one  

Been lucky with draft spots.  4/5 top-5 picks.  Then again I won’t have many of the top flight WR’s.  

From the 3:

👈
Really good wides. Kerryon will make you happy.

From the 3:

👈
Great draft w/ a couple later round reaches but generally good value throughout... might have tried to get a Thielen or a WR in the late 3rd instead of Kerryon, but that's about my only difference in preference.  And love that Winston pick...  This one will play well.  OJ Howard would have made this one truly sweet.  Awesome that Henderson fell to you early 7th w/ Gurley. 

Why can't I get a top 3 pick???

First draft of the season last nite.. Started a month late this year..

Pick #10

QB   Mahomes, Garoppolo

RB   Bell, Lindsay, Michel, Henderson, McKinnon, Ollison

WR  Beckham, Thielen, Davis, Washington, D Jackson, Gallup, Enunwa

TE   Hooper, Fant, Gronk

K     Badgley

D     Balt

Great draft w/ a couple later round reaches but generally good value throughout... might have tried to get a Thielen or a WR in the late 3rd instead of Kerryon, but that's about my only difference in preference.  And love that Winston pick...  This one will play well.  OJ Howard would have made this one truly sweet.  Awesome that Henderson fell to you early 7th w/ Gurley. 

Why can't I get a top 3 pick???
Wanted at least 1 share of Kerryon/Aaron Jones.  Figured this was maybe my last chance at one of them.  Kerryon has been inching up as we move along.  I’ve seen him go at the 2/3 corner in recent ones.    Likely won’t be landing him mid-late 3rd moving fwd.  

Users who are viewing this thread