What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 - How did I do thread (1 Viewer)

Wanted at least 1 share of Kerryon/Aaron Jones.  Figured this was maybe my last chance at one of them.  Kerryon has been inching up as we move along.  I’ve seen him go at the 2/3 corner in recent ones.    Likely won’t be landing him mid-late 3rd moving fwd.  
The Theo Riddick news has been bumping him up a bit in our PPR format, which makes sense I guess.  Knocks Lindsay and Freeman back for sure.

I wonder the same. Out of 15 drafts over the last few years I have had a top 3 one time. I don’t get it. 
I've done 12 this year and gotten one top 4 pick.  I will probably do three more + my M.E. teams (which I won last year, $1,800 is even too rich for my blood).  Unfortunately, not getting top 4 picks in the first 12 doesn't increase my chances in my last three drafts.  And, yeah, it's frustrating because it is a huge advantage to have one of those picks in the broader competition if you look at the fantasymojo stats on leaders vs. draft picks.  No one wins without a top 5 pick.

GL on landing a prime pick...

leftcoastheel said:
I've done 12 this year and gotten one top 4 pick.  I will probably do three more + my M.E. teams (which I won last year, $1,800 is even too rich for my blood).  Unfortunately, not getting top 4 picks in the first 12 doesn't increase my chances in my last three drafts.  And, yeah, it's frustrating because it is a huge advantage to have one of those picks in the broader competition if you look at the fantasymojo stats on leaders vs. draft picks.  No one wins without a top 5 pick.

GL on landing a prime pick...
Have another draft this week ... fingers crossed!

Man i get from pick 7 to 12 every time.  Went with a KC stack tonight from the 8.

Mahomes, Mayfield

Bell, D Williams, S Michael, L Murray, C Thompson, E Mcguire, a morris

Hill, a robinson, coutee, g tate, k johnson, aj brown

d walker, tj hockenson, d. waller

rams, Z

Man i get from pick 7 to 12 every time.  Went with a KC stack tonight from the 8.

Mahomes, Mayfield

rams, Z
i like this team except again not sure it has a very good chance week 12

Coots said:

Mahomes, Mayfield

rams, Z
Nice team if DWill is healthy.  Will struggle in Week 12 w/ 3 of your top guys out.  Baker will at least fill in for Mahomes.  Not as bad as my team with the Week 12 studs tho.  Need that flex to work out; LatM should be good.  I am high on Coutee and Waller in the 15 + round (esp if there is anything to this Brown injury) too.

Coots said:

Mahomes, Mayfield

rams, Z
Champ rd team for sure.  Will it get there is the question.  D Will lasting that late makes me want to draft another one sooner then later.  And why the Baker pick with Mahomes already in hand?   Don’t get that one.  Probably should have grabbed a TE in that spot. I like this one tho.  

Coots said:

Mahomes, Mayfield

rams, Z
Im going against the grain.....I dislike this team primarily due to the early QB picks and I don't like your RBs at all. WR's are average with the exception of Hill and TEs are a steaming pile. 

Without free agent pickups this team is a middle of the pack team.

Im going against the grain.....I dislike this team primarily due to the early QB picks and I don't like your RBs at all. WR's are average with the exception of Hill and TEs are a steaming pile. 

Without free agent pickups this team is a middle of the pack team.
this is why you're teams always suck and we say pay attention.  wish you could be in all my leagues.....

#5 pick

QB  Rivers, Garoppolo

RB  Bell, Gurley, D Williams, Henderson, CJ Anderson, J Williams, Mike Davis

WR  Cooks. Golladay, Jeffrey, Valdes-Scantling, Washington, AJ Brown

TE  Reed, Walker, Olson (That's right, "The All Nursing Home TE Team") Just need one to get out of the wheelchair.

K  Badgley

D   NE

#5 pick

QB  Rivers, Garoppolo

TE  Reed, Walker, Olson (That's right, "The All Nursing Home TE Team") Just need one to get out of the wheelchair.

K  Badgley

D   NE
Real strong Zeke.  Nice one here.   Golladay at 5.5 is a heist.  1 of my favorites posted so far.  This looks pretty similar to my last one posted.  Sub in Cooks for Engram and they’re basically the same team.  D Will falling to mid 3rd is a thing now huh.   People really think Carlos Hyde will get meaningful touches ?   I don’t see it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Da Gildz said:
Real strong Zeke.  Nice one here.   Golladay at 5.5 is a heist.  1 of my favorites posted so far.  This looks pretty similar to my last one posted.  Sub in Cooks for Engram and they’re basically the same team.  D Will falling to mid 3rd is a thing now huh.   People really think Carlos Hyde will get meaningful touches ?   I don’t see it.  
He's not falling because of Hyde.  Think it's much more: i. injury risk, ii. lack of work horse track record, iii. the fact that the KC backfield can make anyone awesome and iv. (related to point ii) his volume came late in the year when he was fresh and the rest of the NFL was beat up.  I will take DWill mid-third, but with concerns that he is not the starting RB in KC mid-/late-season.  Honestly, I don't know who that would ultimately be, but Hyde is definitely on the short list.  

zeke99 said:
#5 pick

QB  Rivers, Garoppolo

K  Badgley

D   NE
Nice team, except QB and TE.  QBs are low-end 1s or high-end 2s.  Maybe JG breaks out though.  TE, well you said it yourself.  I think you coulda done better there by grabbing one in the 6th/7th.  RBs are strong but each not without risk as I'm sure you know; some nice depth there though.  Nice value on Cooks and Golladay.  GL.

Well...making money is easy. 8th pick and dominating that slot. 

QB: Newton, Dak

RB: Gurley, Lindsey, Cohen, Sanders, Howard, Foreman

WR: Cooper, Diggs, Valdez-Scantling, Miller, Washington, Brown, Hardman

TE: Kelce, Graham, Dissly

K: Tucker

DF: Eagles

You are all paying me money.This is what winning looks like.

Team 4, Pick 5:

QB: M. Ryan
RB: M. Gordon, T. Coleman, J. White, K. Drake, M. Breida, C. Anderson, G. Bernard, M. Davis, D. Jackson
WR: D. Hopkins, T. Hill, D. Westbrook, C. Sutton, M. Harris
TE: J. Reed, T. Eifert, C. Uzomah
K: J. Tucker
D: Baltimore

Team 3, Pick 4:

QB: A. Luck
RB: A. Kamara, M. Gordon, D. Henry, T. Coleman, K. Drake, A. Mattison, G. Bernard, D. Jackson
WR: D. Pettis, M. Valdez-Scantling, G. Allison, D. Funchess, J. Gordon, M. Goodwin, M. Harris
TE: Z. Ertz, J. Graham
K: R. Gould

Team 2, Pick 1:

QB: A. Luck, D. Prescott
RB: A. Kamara, N. Chubb, M. Gordon, T. Coleman, J. Jackson, J. Scarlett, Q. Ollison
WR: K. Golladay, D. Westbrook, D. Funchess, D. Moncreif, P. Campbell, J. Arcega-Whiteside
TE: J. Cook, T. Burton, R. Gronkowski
K: J. Myers

Team 1, Pick 4:

QB: D. Watson, J. Goff
RB: D. Williams, L. Fournette, P. Barber, I. Smith, A. Mattison, G. Bernard, J. Williams, J. Scarlett, Q. Ollison
WR: D. Hopkins, R. Woods, K. Golladay, D. Westbrook, M. Sanu
TE: A. Hooper, J. Graham

Team 4, Pick 5:

QB: M. Ryan
RB: M. Gordon, T. Coleman, J. White, K. Drake, M. Breida, C. Anderson, G. Bernard, M. Davis, D. Jackson
WR: D. Hopkins, T. Hill, D. Westbrook, C. Sutton, M. Harris
TE: J. Reed, T. Eifert, C. Uzomah
K: J. Tucker
😧 Baltimore
This one is in trouble if Gordon doesn’t come back anytime soon.  Still would have prefered a DJ/Hill/WR over Hopkins/Hill/ and pray Gordon comes back.   Also would have made getting a Justin Jackson more of a priority in these Gordon drafts.  

Team 3, Pick 4:

QB: A. Luck
RB: A. Kamara, M. Gordon, D. Henry, T. Coleman, K. Drake, A. Mattison, G. Bernard, D. Jackson
WR: D. Pettis, M. Valdez-Scantling, G. Allison, D. Funchess, J. Gordon, M. Goodwin, M. Harris
TE: Z. Ertz, J. Graham
😧 Baltimore
Saw this board.  Going 5/6 top picks  on rb is pretty wild.  Passed on a couple WR’s there in the 5th I would have auto-clicked on instead of going for an RB4.   I like Pettis a lot but not enough to be my WR1.  Plus these camp reports are concerning me some.  Henry falling to that spot in the 4th, you were setup nice.  No need to quadruble and fithtruple if that’s a word on rbs.   

Hi Gildz.....don't be shy. You can compliment it. 

Team 2, Pick 1:

QB: A. Luck, D. Prescott
RB: A. Kamara, N. Chubb, M. Gordon, T. Coleman, J. Jackson, J. Scarlett, Q. Ollison
WR: K. Golladay, D. Westbrook, D. Funchess, D. Moncreif, P. Campbell, J. Arcega-Whiteside
TE: J. Cook, T. Burton, R. Gronkowski
K: J. Myers
😧 Baltimore
Pretty similar to the last team.  I can’t understand Kamara over Barkley.  Don’t see any chance he outscores Barkley barring injury.  Payton just came out and said he envisions using Murray in the same role as Ingram.  Clearly they don’t want to overuse him.  I just have Barkley way higher then everyone else.   Outside of Zeke....if he plays.  Like this one better tho with the big spike of Golladay over Pettis.  This one looks like your best one so far tho. 

Team 1, Pick 4:

QB: D. Watson, J. Goff
RB: D. Williams, L. Fournette, P. Barber, I. Smith, A. Mattison, G. Bernard, J. Williams, J. Scarlett, Q. Ollison
WR: D. Hopkins, R. Woods, K. Golladay, D. Westbrook, M. Sanu
TE: A. Hooper, J. Graham
😧 Baltimore
I like this one.  Definitely the most balanced team u have going.  Top heavy at rb and Fournette frightens me some but overall has a lot of juice. Watson/Hopkins stack is also nice.  If those 2 backs can stay upright, this team has the highest ceiling of the 4.  

Wasn’t avoiding it.  It just doesn’t do much for me to be honest.  Diggs in 4 there was very solid.  Don’t see much value elsewhere tho. I’m also not a Lindsay/Cohen guy.  This team doesn’t seem overly strong in any area.  Even TE, you slept way too long.  I want a plus backup even if I’m going elite TE early.  Seems to me like you’re ending up in tough drafts and your teams are coming out blah because of it.  GL

This one is in trouble if Gordon doesn’t come back anytime soon.  Still would have prefered a DJ/Hill/WR over Hopkins/Hill/ and pray Gordon comes back.   Also would have made getting a Justin Jackson more of a priority in these Gordon drafts.  
All the Gordon teams are in trouble if he isn't there right away. I'm not spending a round 9 pick to get Justin Jackson. 

Wasn't really thinking Hill was going to be there at 2.8 last night. Figured I would be taking a RB.

Wouldn't take D. Johnson at pick 1.5. Odds are against him. I think the last 28+ year old RB to put up 300+ pts which is what you need in that spot was Matt Forte and Marshawn Lynch in 2014.

Wasn’t avoiding it.  It just doesn’t do much for me to be honest.  Diggs in 4 there was very solid.  Don’t see much value elsewhere tho. I’m also not a Lindsay/Cohen guy.  This team doesn’t seem overly strong in any area.  Even TE, you slept way too long.  I want a plus backup even if I’m going elite TE early.  Seems to me like you’re ending up in tough drafts and your teams are coming out blah because of it.  GL
Thats where you have a lot to learn and where we differ. Its also the problem you are having here and the issues you are having in your drafts. I do my own projections while you rely on others/complete ADP to evaluate. This is something that comes with experience so Im sure you will get there eventually. 

Saw this board.  Going 5/6 top picks  on rb is pretty wild.  Passed on a couple WR’s there in the 5th I would have auto-clicked on instead of going for an RB4.   I like Pettis a lot but not enough to be my WR1.  Plus these camp reports are concerning me some.  Henry falling to that spot in the 4th, you were setup nice.  No need to quadruble and fithtruple if that’s a word on rbs.   
None of those WR's excited me at all. Pettis either. So I just took who I thought was the best player available. Love Coleman in 5. That's an auto pick for me.

All the Gordon teams are in trouble if he isn't there right away. I'm not spending a round 9 pick to get Justin Jackson. 

Wasn't really thinking Hill was going to be there at 2.8 last night. Figured I would be taking a RB.

Wouldn't take D. Johnson at pick 1.5. Odds are against him. I think the last 28+ year old RB to put up 300+ pts which is what you need in that spot was Matt Forte and Marshawn Lynch in 2014.
Patrick is a smart man. 

Pretty similar to the last team.  I can’t understand Kamara over Barkley.  Don’t see any chance he outscores Barkley barring injury.  Payton just came out and said he envisions using Murray in the same role as Ingram.  Clearly they don’t want to overuse him.  I just have Barkley way higher then everyone else.   Outside of Zeke....if he plays.  Like this one better tho with the big spike of Golladay over Pettis.  This one looks like your best one so far tho. 
Kamara is my #1. Figured I only had one chance to get him so I took him. Nothing but daisies from like week 8 on.

I like this one.  Definitely the most balanced team u have going.  Top heavy at rb and Fournette frightens me some but overall has a lot of juice. Watson/Hopkins stack is also nice.  If those 2 backs can stay upright, this team has the highest ceiling of the 4.  
This one I did earliest. Dislike it the most. Wouldn't take D. Williams in rd 2 anymore. P. Barber as a RB3 blows. It's all junk behind Fournette.

Thats where you have a lot to learn and where we differ. Its also the problem you are having here and the issues you are having in your drafts. I do my own projections while you rely on others/complete ADP to evaluate. This is something that comes with experience so Im sure you will get there eventually. 
Lol you don’t win anything tho.  You’re a funny dude!

This one I did earliest. Dislike it the most. Wouldn't take D. Williams in rd 2 anymore. P. Barber as a RB3 blows. It's all junk behind Fournette.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/8/9/20798069/andy-reid-confirms-chiefs-will-be-implementing-running-back-by-committee

FWIW.  The writing is/was on the wall.  The upside is tantalizing but the bust potential is also palpable and legit.

I only have him on team - after I got Adams and Chubb, he fell to mid third, and backed him up w/ Thompson.  Not sure how I feel about it either.

And yeah Barber sucks.  I am taking Anderson in round 17 if anyone in that backfield.

That’s some bizarre logic.  You don’t need 300+ pts from anyone at that spot.   You need them to be good and a lot better then the backs going later in the draft.  There were also just 2 and 3 rbs who scored 300+ in 2 of the last 3 seasons.  Using his age is also silly.  DJ has 687 carries on his belt.  Heavy usage way more concerning to me.  Zero concern there.  

Wirh regards to Kamara we can agree to disagree.  He averaged 19.6 ppg last year once Ingram came back.  Fine , solid.  Barkley went 24+ ppg.  Not really close.  Unless you don’t believe what Payton is saying and will now alter the plan he’s used for Kamara since he’s stepped into the league.  

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/8/9/20798069/andy-reid-confirms-chiefs-will-be-implementing-running-back-by-committee

FWIW.  The writing is/was on the wall.  The upside is tantalizing but the bust potential is also palpable and legit.

I only have him on team - after I got Adams and Chubb, he fell to mid third, and backed him up w/ Thompson.  Not sure how I feel about it either.

And yeah Barber sucks.  I am taking Anderson in round 17 if anyone in that backfield.
I don’t buy it.  I’ve seen enough of Carlos Hyde.  If he didn’t totally suck , I’d feel a lot less comfortable buying Damien Will.  Now would I take him in the 2nd?  No why would I if I can get him mid-late 3rd.   That’s some Scientist ish.  But yea I’ll be snap drafting D Will in that spot. And when was the last time Reid rode a committee type backfield ? It was Jamaal Charles till he broke down those last couple seasons and then Kareem Hunt.  Going back to his Philly days it was like 90% Brian Westbrook.  He rolls with 1 primary back if there is one..

Wanted to go all out FOMO this time but in the end, I took my guys for the most part.  From the 4 hole:

QB:  Watson (8), Garrapalo (17)

RB:  Kamara (1), Damien Will (3), Jacobs (4), M Sanders (6), Richard (14), Snell (16)

WR:  Lockett (5), Pettis (7), Watkins (9),  Coutee (10), Washington (12), Tate (13), Isabella (15)

TE:  Kittle (2), Reed (11), Thomas (19)

K: Gould (20)

Def: Minn (18)

The force is strong with this one..

Hey Andrew, give the players on that baseball team a kick in the ###!! 7 weeks left after this weekend to get back to the top.. Let's go man!!

Wanted to go all out FOMO this time but in the end, I took my guys for the most part.  From the 4 hole:

RB:  Kamara (1), Damien Will (3), Jacobs (4), M Sanders (6), Richard (14), Snell (16)

WR:  Lockett (5), Pettis (7), Watkins (9),  Coutee (10), Washington (12), Tate (13), Isabella (15)

nice team

Hey Andrew, give the players on that baseball team a kick in the ###!! 7 weeks left after this weekend to get back to the top.. Let's go man!!
Thanks Zeke I’m trying!  Once Max went down it’s been a stuggle.  Just trying to stay afloat for now.  Didn’t help starting Lester and Price who have decimated my ratios.  It’s been a disastrous few weeks with those 2 bumbs.   Price is already gone , Lester will be next.   Won Time!

Thanks Zeke I’m trying!  Once Max went down it’s been a stuggle.  Just trying to stay afloat for now.  Didn’t help starting Lester and Price who have decimated my ratios.  It’s been a disastrous few weeks with those 2 bumbs.   Price is already gone , Lester will be next.   Won Time!
Injury to Max  definitely hurt .. Price was just unfortunate to get the Yanks farm system 2 weekends in a row.. The F Troop Been rollin everyone this year..

Injury to Max  definitely hurt .. Price was just unfortunate to get the Yanks farm system 2 weekends in a row.. The F Troop Been rollin everyone this year..
Yep they have. Price has also been a #### can since the break.  20 ER in last 17 IP.  And I absorbed all 20.  Yikes.  Need Max back ASAP or I have no chance.  Should be a fun ride these last 6 weeks.   

Da Gildz said:

Think I would have taken A.J. Green in 6 there. That's the latest I've seen him go. Jeffrey probably would have been wiser over Pettis at this point too. Fine but could have been better.

Think I would have taken A.J. Green in 6 there. That's the latest I've seen him go. Jeffrey probably would have been wiser over Pettis at this point too. Fine but could have been better.
Green’s been dropping.  Going rd 6 in most of these now.  Saw him in mid 7th a few days ago.  He’s out a few weeks best case scenario?  Is he even the same guy till week 5-6?  Then risk of reaggrevating it and he’s gone till mid season if not later.  Passing there.    Also wanted another share of Sanders and knew the guy in 3 wasn’t letting him come back to me.  Pettis we’ll see.   Probably own way too much of him.  I’m ok with that gamble in rd 7 tho.  Is Kendrick Bourne really gonna lead that WR core in rec's?  Meh. 

Here's how NOT to draft.  My worst draft of the season - bought into Sanders hype, there was value to be had throughout the draft, but very little fell to me, was a little drunk and had rough call/text situation on business mid-draft which is pissing me off and threw me off my game.

QB: Rodgers

RB: Cook, Sanders, Harris, Thompson, Hines, Davis, Peterson, Anderson

WR: Adams, Diggs, Kupp, Samuel, Washington, Parker, Isabella

TE: Howard, Giesecki

K: Tavecchio

DEF: DEN

You're welcome FFPC pot.

Here's how NOT to draft.  My worst draft of the season - bought into Sanders hype, there was value to be had throughout the draft, but very little fell to me, was a little drunk and had rough call/text situation on business mid-draft which is pissing me off and threw me off my game.

QB: Rodgers

RB: Cook, Sanders, Harris, Thompson, Hines, Davis, Peterson, Anderson

WR: Adams, Diggs, Kupp, Samuel, Washington, Parker, Isabella

TE: Howard, Giesecki

K: Tavecchio

DEF: DEN

You're welcome FFPC pot.
Looks fine other than RB2. One of your depth guys comes through and you could be in business.

Users who are viewing this thread