What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 - How did I do thread (1 Viewer)

Here's how NOT to draft.  My worst draft of the season - bought into Sanders hype, there was value to be had throughout the draft, but very little fell to me, was a little drunk and had rough call/text situation on business mid-draft which is pissing me off and threw me off my game.

QB: Rodgers

RB: Cook, Sanders, Harris, Thompson, Hines, Davis, Peterson, Anderson

WR: Adams, Diggs, Kupp, Samuel, Washington, Parker, Isabella

TE: Howard, Giesecki

K: Tavecchio

DEF: DEN

You're welcome FFPC pot.
Now this will be your best team and you will have to consider drunk drafts only.

Here's how NOT to draft.  My worst draft of the season - bought into Sanders hype, there was value to be had throughout the draft, but very little fell to me, was a little drunk and had rough call/text situation on business mid-draft which is pissing me off and threw me off my game.

QB: Rodgers

RB: Cook, Sanders, Harris, Thompson, Hines, Davis, Peterson, Anderson

WR: Adams, Diggs, Kupp, Samuel, Washington, Parker, Isabella

TE: Howard, Giesecki

K: Tavecchio

DEF: DEN

You're welcome FFPC pot.
Looks like u went rd 5 on Sanders?  That’s not that crazy really is it?   If u didn’t take him at 5/6 you weren’t getting him in the 7th.  I like Sanders a lot tho.  Just probably won’t be usable for a few weeks I bet.  Figure they’ll get tired of Howard running into piles and falling down by October. Would feel way better your squad if u locked up Mattison.  That rb core is just too thin.  I do like those WR’s a fair amt.  End of the day, it’s a JAT. (Just another team).  Most are from the back end.  And there’s your stamp of disapproval wirh Scientist liking it.   

GL

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like u went rd 5 on Sanders?  That’s not that crazy really is it?   If u didn’t take him at 5/6 you weren’t getting him in the 7th.  I like Sanders a lot tho.  Just probably won’t be usable for a few weeks I bet.  
I got him in the 7th of the last draft I posted. Further evidence of its dominance.

Patrick the Pirate said:
Looks fine other than RB2. One of your depth guys comes through and you could be in business.
That's how I decided to play it.  Kind of an augmented/semi-zero RB strategy.  Just pounded on WRs/TE early, since RB value was flying off the board.  I mean Chris Carson, whom I like, and Ingram were both early 4th round picks.

Da Gildz said:
Looks like u went rd 5 on Sanders?  That’s not that crazy really is it?   If u didn’t take him at 5/6 you weren’t getting him in the 7th.  I like Sanders a lot tho.  Just probably won’t be usable for a few weeks I bet.  Figure they’ll get tired of Howard running into piles and falling down by October. Would feel way better your squad if u locked up Mattison.  That rb core is just too thin.  I do like those WR’s a fair amt.  End of the day, it’s a JAT. (Just another team).  Most are from the back end.  And there’s your stamp of disapproval wirh Scientist liking it.   

GL
I just think Sanders is a huge question mark, given Eagles history and the other RBs there, as your RB2.  This team cannot miss there, know what I mean?  Hopefully they can Howard. .. But yeah, JAT (I like that, lol).  I'd like to think if one of the RBs emerge this can still hang around the hoop and squeak into the playoffs.  Ironically, I have a few very strong teams from the back end, because of how value fell.  Just nobody reached for a TE or Gurley or a random WR in the first or early second.  Same with the third.  Value was picked clean.  And I wanted Mattison but was yelling at my boss for screwing me on something in the late rounds so wasn't focused.  LOL.

Prob my last FFPC draft... (ok might sneak one more in before season starts)... focusing on prepping for my two ME teams now.  GL ALL even Scientist.

I'll add my draft pick misery to the pot. Last 4 years 10 teams the highest pick I've had was #4 and that happened once. I've been playing FFPC since 2012 and only once did I get the first pick. Anyway this is from last night pick 11

Mahomes JG

Sanders, RoJo, Breida, Harris, Lewis, Davis

Julio, Juju, Diggs, Pettis, Humphries, Agholor

Cook, Graham, Lacosse

Butker  Balt/Denver

Here's to the waiver wire RBs!

I'll add my draft pick misery to the pot. Last 4 years 10 teams the highest pick I've had was #4 and that happened once. I've been playing FFPC since 2012 and only once did I get the first pick. Anyway this is from last night pick 11

Mahomes JG

Cooks, Graham, Lacosse

Butker  Balt/Denver

😲

Mahomes JG

Cook, Graham, Lacosse

Butker  Balt/Denver

Going to struggle man.  First three WRs are strong, but then they kinda fall off and you're going to be smoked at RB every single week.  Multiple things would have to happen for this team to contend in league play.

Tough to go WR/WR, then take a QB at the 3/4 turn, then take a TE at the 5/6 turn.  Especially this year given relative value of TE at that spot.  Those teams typically struggle.  Also why I don't like double-tapping TE early.  But I think QB/TE early is worse.  No offense but I think this one will be bottom of the standings.  I'd draft another one.

Good luck.

One I'm a little more proud of... from the 9 spot (man I got screwed on early round picks this year).  Had to take some risk on Gordon, but thought it went well from a late round pick.

QB: ryan

RB: gordon, chubb, white, d johnson, j jax, miles sanders, m brown, a morris (wtf?)

WR: JuJu, cooks, samuel, sanders, parker, KeeSean (last round, ARI WR soup du jour)

TE: goedert, waller, giesecki

PK: tavecchio

d: DEN

One I'm a little more proud of... from the 9 spot (man I got screwed on early round picks this year).  Had to take some risk on Gordon, but thought it went well from a late round pick.

RB: gordon, chubb, white, d johnson, j jax, miles sanders, m brown, a morris (wtf?)

WR: JuJu, cooks, samuel, sanders, parker, KeeSean (last round, ARI WR soup du jour)

Good work here. Lots of BOOM potential.

That's how I decided to play it.  Kind of an augmented/semi-zero RB strategy.  Just pounded on WRs/TE early, since RB value was flying off the board.  I mean Chris Carson, whom I like, and Ingram were both early 4th round picks.
I find this is the way a lot of these go. In general the guys on the left side of the board hit RB and the guys on the right hit WR. If the right RBs fall to the right side, can get a monster squad going zero RB in my opinion. I really wanted to do one hitting 4 WR to start from a late pick but didn't get one.

I like this one a lot. TE is the glaring crater.   You’ll have to find one at some point.   I like the cuff of Jackson.   I could be wrong but I don’t see Gordon panning out.  Unless he completely caves in, they’re not paying him that huge $.  Jackson and Ekeler are serviceable enough, I see all the leverage on the LA side.  Whereas the Zeke situation I see it differently.  They need him to win.  I’d be shocked if Zeke isn’t on the field week 1.  I see them dealing Gordon at some point.  Maybe if another back goes down or something.  Or he just caves in and takes the $ they’re offering. Be interesting to see how far hes going to drop as we get closer.  GL

I like this one a lot. TE is the glaring crater.   You’ll have to find one at some point.   I like the cuff of Jackson.   I could be wrong but I don’t see Gordon panning out.  Unless he completely caves in, they’re not paying him that huge $.  Jackson and Ekeler are serviceable enough, I see all the leverage on the LA side.  Whereas the Zeke situation I see it differently.  They need him to win.  I’d be shocked if Zeke isn’t on the field week 1.  I see them dealing Gordon at some point.  Maybe if another back goes down or something.  Or he just caves in and takes the $ they’re offering. Be interesting to see how far hes going to drop as we get closer.  GL
Yeah man.  This issue here is if you have the 9 spot, Gordon can level the playing field with guys picking in the top 5.  I think he plays.  I am calling 4 games.  His contract will toll if he doesn't report by I believe week 10, which will put him the same spot next year - under contract w/ LAC for $5 Mil.  Totally different situation from Bell who was a) due to become an unrestricted free agent and b) is an elite talent (MG is great but not on that level IMO).  Also, Ekeler and Jackson can play.  SO: I think LA has ALL the leverage, and Gordon's hand will be forced - and I think $10 Mil is a more than fair offer for a sub-elite tier back, I mean that is #$%@#$%^ of money.  Honestly, I was hoping for a trade.  I have Hunt and Johnson on a couple teams, which has worked out to be a nice split w/ the trade.  Wouldn't mind seeing that here, but don't think it happens, since the Texans were the only team with cap space for MG AND a need for a RB.

Anyhow, if he plays I believe this team is a beast irrespective of the TE spot (I think Goedert will emerge to be a serviceable FF player this year even with Ertz on the field).  If it doesn't, well I knew the risk, took it for a very specific reason (to get a RB1 in the late 3rd) and will deal with it / manage accordingly.

I find this is the way a lot of these go. In general the guys on the left side of the board hit RB and the guys on the right hit WR. If the right RBs fall to the right side, can get a monster squad going zero RB in my opinion. I really wanted to do one hitting 4 WR to start from a late pick but didn't get one.
Maybe - those RBs at the 5/6 and 7/8 turns are high risk.  I love White, but don't see him as RB1 material - trap back flex - gotta hope Carson falls to you.  I think he is due for a great year, but I saw him go early 4th on the team I posted earlier... cats kinda outta the bag there.

leftcoastheel said:
Maybe - those RBs at the 5/6 and 7/8 turns are high risk.  I love White, but don't see him as RB1 material - trap back flex - gotta hope Carson falls to you.  I think he is due for a great year, but I saw him go early 4th on the team I posted earlier... cats kinda outta the bag there.
Yep. But you just never know. The guy who won last year took Zeke then didn't touch another RB until rounds 8 and 9 (White and Carson). My good team last year started with McCaffrey and a bunch of garbage. Was starting McCaffrey, Lindsay, Damian and Samuels in the champ rounds.

Would love to have one with 4 WR then Coleman and Drake in 5/6. Think that could work very well.

Yep. But you just never know. The guy who won last year took Zeke then didn't touch another RB until rounds 8 and 9 (White and Carson). My good team last year started with McCaffrey and a bunch of garbage. Was starting McCaffrey, Lindsay, Damian and Samuels in the champ rounds.

Would love to have one with 4 WR then Coleman and Drake in 5/6. Think that could work very well.
That's actually hilarious.  Life.. LOL.  We will see soon enough... it will be a quick sprint!

(and if I will probably do a couple more 'cause I cannot help myself and if I get 11/12 pick, might just go Wr/Wr/Wr/Wr and let'r'rip).  GL.

That's actually hilarious.  Life.. LOL.  We will see soon enough... it will be a quick sprint!

(and if I will probably do a couple more 'cause I cannot help myself and if I get 11/12 pick, might just go Wr/Wr/Wr/Wr and let'r'rip).  GL.
This is why you get your guy instead of follow ADP and determine value that way.

This is why you get your guy instead of follow ADP and determine value that way.
It’s called value Scientist.  You should look into it.  You can actually still get your guys without paying a top shelf price.  You don’t factor in the overall component to this thing.   You got a guy like Hubbard and his sidekick entering 100+ teams with all sorts of crazy combos.  You think you have any chance at all with your 3 entries where you reach for these guys to boot ? You’re dead $ the second you hit the join league button.  Lol.  This isn’t your 96 LEGOs home league.  And I still believe you need 1 of these premier backs to take it down.  Zeke did score 67 last year in the champ rds.   Gurley the year before went bananas, Bell the year before that yada yada.   I don’t see these time-share guys putting up the 3 week totals you need.   Would love to see the Coleman/Drake duo eat tho.  They’re on my Barkley team.   :)  

It’s called value Scientist.  You should look into it.  You can actually still get your guys without paying a top shelf price.  You don’t factor in the overall component to this thing.   You got a guy like Hubbard and his sidekick entering 100+ teams with all sorts of crazy combos.  You think you have any chance at all with your 3 entries where you reach for these guys to boot ? You’re dead $ the second you hit the join league button.  Lol.  This isn’t your 96 LEGOs home league.  And I still believe you need 1 of these premier backs to take it down.  Zeke did score 67 last year in the champ rds.   Gurley the year before went bananas, Bell the year before that yada yada.   I don’t see these time-share guys putting up the 3 week totals you need.   Would love to see the Coleman/Drake duo eat tho.  They’re on my Barkley team.   :)  
Agree with this.  I've been tracking some of these baller guys' drafts.  They have the craziest combos.  Trying to beat them at their own game without sufficient investment is folly.  Best thing is to buy 15 - 20 teams and go for guys you like, sure, but also construct your team in a balanced way and draft for value.  Good luck with Drake dude...

EDIT: one other point... these guys are throwing money at it all draft season long.  So they are getting the "intertemporal" value, to use a term from undergrad econ days, we will call it as well.  Not only are they grabbing these combos across ADP, but across time as ADP changes.  Tyreek is a perfect example.

From the 1:

QB:  Rodgers (8), Garrapolo (17)

RB:  Barkley (1), A Jones (3), Drake (6), Pollard (9), Justin Jax (11), Dexter Will (15), Snell (18)

WR: Allen (2), Woods (4), Lockett (5), C Samuel (7), Gallup (12), D Samuel (14), Marquise Brown (19)

TE: Walker (10), Herndon (13)

Def: LAC (16)

K: Myers (20)

From the 1:

RB:  Barkley (1), A Jones (3), Drake (6), Pollard (9), Justin Jax (11), Dexter Will (15), Snell (18)

WR: Allen (2), Woods (4), Lockett (5), C Samuel (7), Gallup (12), D Samuel (14), Marquise Brown (19)

Solid maybe. Don't see a whole lot of boom potential. Just another team really.

Solid maybe. Don't see a whole lot of boom potential. Just another team really.
Not much fell in this one.  The 2/3 turn not as juicy as it was early on.  Was hoping a Kittle/Kerryon/Evans fell.  None were there.  First time ever owning Keenan allen also.  Usually just pass cause he’s too boring.   I did want a share of Aaron Jones.  Figure the Barkley/Jones combo is a unique one.  Got sniped on all my early TE targets.  Left with boring Delanie.  I do like Herndon as a late season play.  Don’t love this one either but there’s enough juice to contend for sure. The anti-Zeke/Gordon stack could be a beautiful thing if it works.   Doubt both hold out tho. 

Da Gildz said:
Not much fell in this one.  The 2/3 turn not as juicy as it was early on.  Was hoping a Kittle/Kerryon/Evans fell.  None were there.  First time ever owning Keenan allen also.  Usually just pass cause he’s too boring.   I did want a share of Aaron Jones.  Figure the Barkley/Jones combo is a unique one.  Got sniped on all my early TE targets.  Left with boring Delanie.  I do like Herndon as a late season play.  Don’t love this one either but there’s enough juice to contend for sure. The anti-Zeke/Gordon stack could be a beautiful thing if it works.   Doubt both hold out tho. 
Yep agree with everything here. Gurley, Chubb, Evans, Kittle, Kerryon etc... used to be there or some combo of at the 2/3 turn. Fournette and Damian too. Did you pass them?

Yep agree with everything here. Gurley, Chubb, Evans, Kittle, Kerryon etc... used to be there or some combo of at the 2/3 turn. Fournette and Damian too. Did you pass them?
Passed.  Own a lot of Damien needed to diversify some.  Fournette I’m still bitter over last year.  Could see him being a great value in the 3rd if he can actually stay healthy.  Kind of wanted a back end pick.  Crazy how many high picks I’ve gotten.  6/7 drafts have been pick 5 or higher.  5 top 4.   I’m happy for sure.  But my teams all look the same.  

Passed.  Own a lot of Damien needed to diversify some.  Fournette I’m still bitter over last year.  Could see him being a great value in the 3rd if he can actually stay healthy.  Kind of wanted a back end pick.  Crazy how many high picks I’ve gotten.  6/7 drafts have been pick 5 or higher.  5 top 4.   I’m happy for sure.  But my teams all look the same.  
I am just the opposite.  I have 19 teams and only have 4 top 4 picks.  I have tried as many different combos as I could just to give myself some variance.  Drafted from back end again last night and didn't like it much. Found myself reaching for upside too much I think.  Boom or Bust I guess.

Luck, Brees

Williams, Sanders, Henderson, Mattison, Barber, D. Hilliard, Ollison

Julio, JuJu, Godwin, Pettis, AJ Brown, D. Amendola, K Johnson

Henry, D. Walker

Clev, Butker

Da Gildz said:
From the 1:

Yup.  "JAT."  Been there, and I think you did well to pull this team out of this draft.  Although I have become decidedly bearish on Jones coming based on reports out of camp.  I wouldn't take him until the very end of the third or even early fourth right now.  All the talent in the world, but man the injury and RBBC risk is there.  Prob would have gone Coleman instead of Drake in the 6th, although I assume he was gone.  Allen is a pretty standard pick in tight drafts at the 2/3 turn.  Not sure whom you're taking that will be better, probably Fournette, who i think could be primed for a monster year, but understand your hesitancy.  It's a tough spot there.

I like the reverse stack strategy with Pollard and JJax.  Both could be nice flexes if ether starter misses time.

I am just the opposite.  I have 19 teams and only have 4 top 4 picks.  I have tried as many different combos as I could just to give myself some variance.  Drafted from back end again last night and didn't like it much. Found myself reaching for upside too much I think.  Boom or Bust I guess.

Luck, Brees

Henry, D. Walker

Clev, Butker
Boom or bust were it defined in the Webster dictionary.  GL.

Yup.  "JAT."  Been there, and I think you did well to pull this team out of this draft.  Although I have become decidedly bearish on Jones coming based on reports out of camp.  I wouldn't take him until the very end of the third or even early fourth right now.  All the talent in the world, but man the injury and RBBC risk is there.  Prob would have gone Coleman instead of Drake in the 6th, although I assume he was gone.  Allen is a pretty standard pick in tight drafts at the 2/3 turn.  Not sure whom you're taking that will be better, probably Fournette, who i think could be primed for a monster year, but understand your hesitancy.  It's a tough spot there.

I like the reverse stack strategy with Pollard and JJax.  Both could be nice flexes if ether starter misses time.
Coleman long gone by that Drake pick.  Next 3 backs went: Guice / Henderson / Samuels.  Every back got pushed up. Coleman went in 5th, Sanders 6.1 , Ekeler rd 6, Murray and Penny both in 6th.  Drake looked like gold there!  Those early draft bargains are long gone now.  Probably time to stop.

Luck, Brees

Henry, D. Walker

Clev, Butker
I like this one. Catch a break here or there at RB and could be in serious business.

Luck, Brees

Henry, D. Walker

Clev, Butker
Don’t see much here Coots.  Pretty standard for back end of draft.   Looks like Sanders has settled into top of the 6th huh?  Just don’t see the value anymore in these drafts.  First 3 rds are pretty much set in stone.  But the 7th/8th rd backs early on are now going 5/6.   Need DWill to be a beast for this one to contend. GL

Don’t see much here Coots.  Pretty standard for back end of draft.   Looks like Sanders has settled into top of the 6th huh?  Just don’t see the value anymore in these drafts.  First 3 rds are pretty much set in stone.  But the 7th/8th rd backs early on are now going 5/6.   Need DWill to be a beast for this one to contend. GL
here is another i just did from the middle and liked this one.  the other one will probably do better because i like this one more.

rodgers, tribusky

elliot, cook, a jones, d henry, d. foreman, q ollison

kupp, ridley, r anderson, s shepard, a miller, k. johnson, aj brown

walker, goedert, eifert

chicago, z

Took this from the back 

Pick #12

QB   Ryan, Cousins

RB   Cook, Mack, Jacobs, Justin Jackson, Barber, CJ Anderson, Jamaal Williams

WR   Thomas,  Mike Williams, Curtis Samuel, Corey Davis, Boykin

TE   Cook, Reed, Waller, Eifert

D     Min

K    Badgley

Coleman long gone by that Drake pick.  Next 3 backs went: Guice / Henderson / Samuels.  Every back got pushed up. Coleman went in 5th, Sanders 6.1 , Ekeler rd 6, Murray and Penny both in 6th.  Drake looked like gold there!  Those early draft bargains are long gone now.  Probably time to stop.
Sheesh.  I'd like to see that board.  Kirk or Boyd available instead of Drake?  Ridley?  Even Landry?

Man that is tight on RBs.

Took this from the back 

Pick #12

QB   Ryan, Cousins

RB   Cook, Mack, Jacobs, Justin Jackson, Barber, CJ Anderson, Jamaal Williams

WR   Thomas,  Mike Williams, Curtis Samuel, Corey Davis, Boykin

TE   Cook, Reed, Waller, Eifert

D     Min

K    Badgley
I like it.  Hope the Luck news doesn't hurt the Colts offense too much.

Here's one from the 8 hole

QB-J.Winston...L.Jackson...D.Jones

RB-J.Connor...M.Ingram...K.Drake...P.Barber...G.Bernard...M.Davis

WR-D.Hopkins...T.Y. Hilton...T.Lockett...D.Westbrook...K.Stills...T.Ginn

TE-V.MacDonald...C.Herndon...I.Thomas

K-G.Tavecchio

Def-New Orleans

4 spot this afternoon

QB:  Andrew Luck, Jameis Winston
RB:  Ezekiel Elliott, Todd Gurley, Latavius Murray, Jordan Howard, Giovani Bernard, Malcolm Brown
WR:  Antonio Brown, Chris Godwin, Robert Woods, Sterling Shepard, Devin Funchess, Adam Humphries, Terry McLaurin
TE:  Vance McDonald, Mark Andrews, Jason Witten
PK:  Harrison Butker
TD:  Dallas Cowboys

Here's one from the 8 hole

QB-J.Winston...L.Jackson...D.Jones

RB-J.Connor...M.Ingram...K.Drake...P.Barber...G.Bernard...M.Davis

WR-D.Hopkins...T.Y. Hilton...T.Lockett...D.Westbrook...K.Stills...T.Ginn

TE-V.MacDonald...C.Herndon...I.Thomas

K-G.Tavecchio

Def-New Orleans
curious, why the 3 QB??

4 spot this afternoon

QB:  Andrew Luck, Jameis Winston
RB:  Ezekiel Elliott, Todd Gurley, Latavius Murray, Jordan Howard, Giovani Bernard, Malcolm Brown
WR:  Antonio Brown, Chris Godwin, Robert Woods, Sterling Shepard, Devin Funchess, Adam Humphries, Terry McLaurin
TE:  Vance McDonald, Mark Andrews, Jason Witten
PK:  Harrison Butker
TD:  Dallas Cowboys
Looks pretty solid. Not much of a discount on Antonio.

Threw one more in tonight.

Pick 5 again.

QB: M. Ryan
RB: L. Fournette, D. Henry, P. Lindsay, K. Drake, K. Ballage, A. Peterson, M. Davis, R. Armstead, J. Richard
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Smith-Schuster, A. Green, C. Sutton, G. Allison, P. Williams
TE: J. Cook, T. Eifert
K: J. Myers
D: Eagles

False.

Luck, Cousins

Jones, Jacobs, White, Coleman, Hyde, Pollard, Davis, McKinnon

Adams, OBJ, Kirk, Pettis, Sanders, Parker

Goedert, Giesecki

NO

Vinatieri

Felt good about Pettis and Kirk ... and maybe Luck.  That's about it.  I mean I wanted to "reach" for Carson in the 4th... he went 3.1.  Now you're trading on the news for value... like I did in this draft...

Agree with this.  I've been tracking some of these baller guys' drafts.  They have the craziest combos.  Trying to beat them at their own game without sufficient investment is folly.  Best thing is to buy 15 - 20 teams and go for guys you like, sure, but also construct your team in a balanced way and draft for value.  Good luck with Drake dude...

EDIT: one other point... these guys are throwing money at it all draft season long.  So they are getting the "intertemporal" value, to use a term from undergrad econ days, we will call it as well.  Not only are they grabbing these combos across ADP, but across time as ADP changes.  Tyreek is a perfect example.
This.

I asked the guys at RTS roughly how many TFC leagues had drafted prior to July 19th, when Goodell announced no suspension for Hill. Roughly a third of the equivalent of their FBG tournament had already drafted. That means a third had a team that got two first round picks but spent as high as a 4th on Hill. Some got Hill as late as the 12th round if they drafted in May, after the audio came out. I asked the FFPC guys how many drafts had been done and they were vague, said not many. If it's even a quarter (though I suspect a third as well), those early drafted teams have a huge advantage. I'm not doing anymore big tournaments this year as the contests are skewed by those early drafts.

Also not real happy that when I read the FFPC twitter feed (and the owners) it's pro-Trump, pro-Barstool sports content. Sickens me that my money is going to a company that is openly supporting and spreading the division in this country. Surprised the FBG gang affiliates themselves with a company that openly touts their politics on social media.

Luck, Cousins

Jones, Jacobs, White, Coleman, Hyde, Pollard, Davis, McKinnon

Adams, OBJ, Kirk, Pettis, Sanders, Parker

Goedert, Giesecki

NO

Vinatieri

Felt good about Pettis and Kirk ... and maybe Luck.  That's about it.  I mean I wanted to "reach" for Carson in the 4th... he went 3.1.  Now you're trading on the news for value... like I did in this draft...
This one looks good. You got a lot of RB and WR that are startable. 

This.

I asked the guys at RTS roughly how many TFC leagues had drafted prior to July 19th, when Goodell announced no suspension for Hill. Roughly a third of the equivalent of their FBG tournament had already drafted. That means a third had a team that got two first round picks but spent as high as a 4th on Hill. Some got Hill as late as the 12th round if they drafted in May, after the audio came out. I asked the FFPC guys how many drafts had been done and they were vague, said not many. If it's even a quarter (though I suspect a third as well), those early drafted teams have a huge advantage. I'm not doing anymore big tournaments this year as the contests are skewed by those early drafts.

Also not real happy that when I read the FFPC twitter feed (and the owners) it's pro-Trump, pro-Barstool sports content. Sickens me that my money is going to a company that is openly supporting and spreading the division in this country. Surprised the FBG gang affiliates themselves with a company that openly touts their politics on social media.
First -  You need to leave that politic crap out of here, this is about football only.  Keep your opinions to yourself or post in correct forumn....

Second- I understand what you are saying about hill but you never know until the games are played.  What happens if he tears an ACL in the first game.  Then there is zero advantage.  I was in a few of those early drafts and there is a lot of value to be had.  Unfortunately I didn't get Hill on any of them because I was sure he was missing time and I thought ALOT of time actually.  I have looked back though and some of the teams that have him are just horrible with getting him in the 7th/8th.  You never know.  Plus say he does turn in first round value and kills it this year.  First round of playoffs he puts up 1.8 points, those teams are all done for the money most likely unless everyone else went off.  You never know who the hot guy at the end of season will be.

First -  You need to leave that politic crap out of here, this is about football only.  Keep your opinions to yourself or post in correct forumn....

Second- I understand what you are saying about hill but you never know until the games are played.  What happens if he tears an ACL in the first game.  Then there is zero advantage.  I was in a few of those early drafts and there is a lot of value to be had.  Unfortunately I didn't get Hill on any of them because I was sure he was missing time and I thought ALOT of time actually.  I have looked back though and some of the teams that have him are just horrible with getting him in the 7th/8th.  You never know.  Plus say he does turn in first round value and kills it this year.  First round of playoffs he puts up 1.8 points, those teams are all done for the money most likely unless everyone else went off.  You never know who the hot guy at the end of season will be.
I appreciate you wanting to keep politics out of football. I do as well. That's why it is SOOOOOO disappointing when I'm following the FFPC twitter feed (and they're following me) to have what they like (such as political posts) show up in my timeline. When I spend money at the FFPC site, I'm supporting people monetarily who I disagree with politically (and morally).

All I'm saying is that those who drafted early may end up having a huge advantage over those who waited. Yes, anything is possible re injuries and holdouts, but I'm guessing that the winner of the FBG tournament this year has already been drafted, has Hill on their team, was drafted back in May after the audio came out, and he was drafted in double-digit rounds. I may be wrong, it happens often, but I'm hedging my bets and sticking with individual leagues and not the big tournies where I think the playing ground is more level.

I appreciate you wanting to keep politics out of football. I do as well. That's why it is SOOOOOO disappointing when I'm following the FFPC twitter feed (and they're following me) to have what they like (such as political posts) show up in my timeline. When I spend money at the FFPC site, I'm supporting people monetarily who I disagree with politically (and morally).

All I'm saying is that those who drafted early may end up having a huge advantage over those who waited. Yes, anything is possible re injuries and holdouts, but I'm guessing that the winner of the FBG tournament this year has already been drafted, has Hill on their team, was drafted back in May after the audio came out, and he was drafted in double-digit rounds. I may be wrong, it happens often, but I'm hedging my bets and sticking with individual leagues and not the big tournies where I think the playing ground is more level.
I hear ya...  I always say the same thing and hardly ever does it happen though.  I think almost every year its a late drafted team that wins for one reason.  A lot of the new players draft just before the season kicks off and you can get insane teams.  I mean I had guys drafting drew brees number 1 overall.  My problem is I cannot wait that long to draft and spend all my money before then.

Pro Tip: Championships are not won at the draft.

and regarding politics.... just because you don’t agree doesn’t mean they can’t share their view. The left does it all the time and it seems ok. Just watch the news and listen to the media. Seems times have changed and the right wing is now more open to others views. MAGA my friend.

Threw one more in tonight.

Pick 5 again.

QB: M. Ryan
RB: L. Fournette, D. Henry, P. Lindsay, K. Drake, K. Ballage, A. Peterson, M. Davis, R. Armstead, J. Richard
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Smith-Schuster, A. Green, C. Sutton, G. Allison, P. Williams
TE: J. Cook, T. Eifert
K: J. Myers
😧 Eagles
Wish I landed in this one.  Some wacky picks all over.  DJ at 11? Overreaction city.   Lockett falling to mid 6th,  Cook falling to 2.10?  Mixon @ 7 😲. Pettis 9.1..  Luck and Wentz in the 7th.  Geezus.  What the F kind of draft was this.  As drafted , very solid team.   Would have went Coleman there over Lindsay.  Matter of preference tho.  Juju falling there is a gift.  If Fournette hits this will be a big one.  Nice draft. 

Wish I landed in this one.  Some wacky picks all over.  DJ at 11? Overreaction city.   Lockett falling to mid 6th,  Cook falling to 2.10?  Mixon @ 7 😲. Pettis 9.1..  Luck and Wentz in the 7th.  Geezus.  What the F kind of draft was this.  As drafted , very solid team.   Would have went Coleman there over Lindsay.  Matter of preference tho.  Juju falling there is a gift.  If Fournette hits this will be a big one.  Nice draft. 
Yep. Was crazy. Had to pick between Cook and Juju. Then Fournette and Damian. Then Lindsay and Coleman which I probably got wrong, regret that one but had Coleman on 3 of 4 already.

Hilton and Theilen going end of 2 was weird. Michel at 3.7. Evans at 2.6.

Matt Ryan the 10th QB off the board was odd as well.

Even pretty happy getting A.J. in mid 7. Drake/Ballage 8/9 could work out to a solid flex.

Loved Juju there. Wanted a piece of him this year but always on the left side of the board.

Users who are viewing this thread