Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Da Gildz

2019 - How did I do thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ImTheScientist said:

Pro Tip: Championships are not won at the draft.

and regarding politics.... just because you don’t agree doesn’t mean they can’t share their view. The left does it all the time and it seems ok. Just watch the news and listen to the media. Seems times have changed and the right wing is now more open to others views. MAGA my friend.

They absolutely can share their views. I actually appreciate it because it tells me who I'm dealing with. I spent a few thousand dollars with their competitors, RT Sports, because of their shared views that otherwise would have gone to them.

You have to admit, getting Hill in the 12th in May if someone also drew a top four pick and CMC and Evans with the first two picks gives them an advantage. Working the wires is crucial, predicting a potential starter a week before it happens can make or break a season. A second first round pick at the cost of a say 12th round pick is pretty big.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JamieMurphy said:

You have to admit, getting Hill in the 12th in May if someone also drew a top four pick and CMC and Evans with the first two picks gives them an advantage. Working the wires is crucial, predicting a potential starter a week before it happens can make or break a season. A second first round pick at the cost of a say 12th round pick is pretty big.

 

It doesn’t bother me one bit. First you have to have that team both stay healthy and have the players they selected do well. Then they have to make the playoffs. One player doesn’t make a team and there are billions of combos that people can draft. Lastly those players have to actually do wel the final weeks of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JamieMurphy said:

They absolutely can share their views. I actually appreciate it because it tells me who I'm dealing with. I spent a few thousand dollars with their competitors, RT Sports, because of their shared views that otherwise would have gone to them.

You have to admit, getting Hill in the 12th in May if someone also drew a top four pick and CMC and Evans with the first two picks gives them an advantage. Working the wires is crucial, predicting a potential starter a week before it happens can make or break a season. A second first round pick at the cost of a say 12th round pick is pretty big.

 

Regarding OP on this one.  I agree with you... I have one team with Hill in the 7th... a few with him in the 4th/5th.  But so much has changed since then for the negative for other players... I hear you, but ultimately this is a game of luck with an element of skill and is super high variance.  My broader point was that there is a handful of guys drafting 50-100 teams and the sheer volume of combos over time and ADP give them edge.  They're also just good players.  So, you have to pay attention to ADP rather than drafting random-### teams w/ crazy strategies (like zero-RB until the 8th round), 'cause those baller guys are taking all those combos - and more. 

As of last week, only 250 leagues had been drafted.  As of today only 350 leagues have been drafted.  So the draft pace is accelerating as we head into the season.  There are going to be 8,400 teams this year, which works out to 700 leagues.  So it can be inferred that there probably weren't that many leagues drafted early on - probably less than 25% before the Hill news.  And as points of reference: the guy who won it last year drafted on August 31st.  The guy who won it the year before drafted August 18th.

It's still up for grabs...!

And @Coots - I have the same problem.  Draft all summer and never have money left for the late drafts. 

EDIT: looked at the top 5 teams from 2017 and top 5 teams from 2018.  Only one was drafted before August.  Several top teams were September drafts.  Damn, I may have to go over budget this year w/ that knowledge...

Edited by leftcoastheel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Aunt Jemima said:

curious, why the 3 QB??

 

Round 20 flyer. Instead of a waiver fodder WR or RB grabbed a potential second half starter,worst case he's the same waiver fodder as any RB or WR at that point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Patrick the Pirate said:

Threw one more in tonight.

Pick 5 again.

QB: M. Ryan
RB: L. Fournette, D. Henry, P. Lindsay, K. Drake, K. Ballage, A. Peterson, M. Davis, R. Armstead, J. Richard
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Smith-Schuster, A. Green, C. Sutton, G. Allison, P. Williams
TE: J. Cook, T. Eifert
K: J. Myers
😧 Eagles

I really like Fournette this year ... apparently getting involved in the passing game, so his volume and quality of touches are going to be as good as anyone in the league, plus a huge upgrade at QB.  Just hope he can stay healthy.  If he does I think you're in business, although I am staying away from the "MIA" (no pun intended) backfield...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Patrick the Pirate said:

This one looks good. You got a lot of RB and WR that are startable. 

Thx.  Yeah this was drafted out of the 11 slot.  I was really happy double tapping Adams and OBJ there.  I think both were great values to start out the draft.

Really depends on whether Jones carves out a true RB1 role and if Jacobs lives up to the hype.  Gruden loves his RBs...  My regret was missing on a high upside rook towards the end of the draft, but Hill, Thompson, et al went in like the 9th round!  Crazy.

Edited by leftcoastheel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leftcoastheel said:

Regarding OP on this one.  I agree with you... I have one team with Hill in the 7th... a few with him in the 4th/5th.  But so much has changed since then for the negative for other players... I hear you, but ultimately this is a game of luck with an element of skill and is super high variance.  My broader point was that there is a handful of guys drafting 50-100 teams and the sheer volume of combos over time and ADP give them edge.  They're also just good players.  So, you have to pay attention to ADP rather than drafting random-### teams w/ crazy strategies (like zero-RB until the 8th round), 'cause those baller guys are taking all those combos - and more. 

As of last week, only 250 leagues had been drafted.  As of today only 350 leagues have been drafted.  So the draft pace is accelerating as we head into the season.  There are going to be 8,400 teams this year, which works out to 700 leagues.  So it can be inferred that there probably weren't that many leagues drafted early on - probably less than 25% before the Hill news.  And as points of reference: the guy who won it last year drafted on August 31st.  The guy who won it the year before drafted August 18th.

It's still up for grabs...!

And @Coots - I have the same problem.  Draft all summer and never have money left for the late drafts. 

EDIT: looked at the top 5 teams from 2017 and top 5 teams from 2018.  Only one was drafted before August.  Several top teams were September drafts.  Damn, I may have to go over budget this year w/ that knowledge...

Very interesting, and really, the one player I can think of who was a season-changer last year as far as out-of-nowhere guy was James Conner. Did last year's winner have Conner, and if so, was he a late round draft pick? I'm pretty sure he was getting drafted as a handcuff late in FBG drafts, but as the Bell holdout went on and Conner played well in preseason, his ADP rose. Also, Conner got people in position to make it to the playoffs but fizzled towards the end of the season when fantasy playoffs were starting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JamieMurphy said:

Very interesting, and really, the one player I can think of who was a season-changer last year as far as out-of-nowhere guy was James Conner. Did last year's winner have Conner, and if so, was he a late round draft pick? I'm pretty sure he was getting drafted as a handcuff late in FBG drafts, but as the Bell holdout went on and Conner played well in preseason, his ADP rose. Also, Conner got people in position to make it to the playoffs but fizzled towards the end of the season when fantasy playoffs were starting.

 

you can look into it yourself at www.fantasymojo.com.  2 of the top five FFPC teams had Conner; none of the top five ME teams had Conner.  So while he helped, he certainly wasn't the end-all-be-all.  In weeks 14-16, he did not play.  Samuels was the 11th ranked RB in FFPC during that time.

I had Conner everywhere last year... definitely helped during the season but fizzled when I need him most... helped me win some league 'ships, but he wasn't on my teams that climbed the championship round leader board.  Hell, if I had started Henry in Week 13, I think I would have won the whole thing.  You just never know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys smell that?  It’s the scent of my Tony Pollard shares burning to the ground.  Zekeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

You guys smell that?  It’s the scent of my Tony Pollard shares burning to the ground.  Zekeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

 

Mine too.  I only have two.  He could still have some flex appeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This one looks a bit different at least.   Got my first share of OJ.  Finally.  

 

From the 7:

QB:  Luck (12), Allen (16)

RB:  Bell (1), Gurley (2), Gordon (3), Samuels (9), RoJo (11), Edmonds (13), Snell (20)

WR:  Samuel (6), AJ Green (7), Fuller (8), Washington (10), P Campbell (14), Tre’quan Smith (15), D Hamilton (17)

TE: Howard (4), Engram (5)

K: Gould (19)

Def:  Clev (18)

 

Didnt intend on zero-WR but so it went.  Champ rds or bust.  

Edited by Da Gildz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Da Gildz said:

This one looks a bit different at least.   Got my first share of OJ.  Finally.  

 

From the 7:

QB:  Luck (12), Allen (16)

RB:  Bell (1), Gurley (2), Gordon (3), Samuels (9), RoJo (11), Edmonds (13), Snell (20)

WR:  Samuel (6), AJ Green (7), Fuller (8), Washington (10), P Campbell (14), Tre’quan Smith (15), D Hamilton (17)

TE: Howard (4), Engram (5)

K: Gould (19)

Def:  Clev (18)

 

Didnt intend on zero-WR but so it went.  

Double tap on the 2nd tier TEs huh?  We will see.  Guess you cannot pass on Engram at 5.7.  Even I wouldn't pass on him there. 

As far as zero-WR... Well at least Washington's been looking good.  Otherwise that's a motley crew, although you did pretty well given the circumstances.  My only nit is I think Samuel in 6th is a stretch.  Also, FWIW, Deon Cain had a big game today.  I will be watching him.

On RBs, I am not bullish on Gurley for FF this year, especially during the championship round, but if all three work out those RBs are the freaking nuts.  That alone would make this team really tough.

Got Luck in the 12th on my draft for the weekend.  Love him there... huge edge if he winds up healthy... nice pick.

I think it should be a pretty good team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

You guys smell that?  It’s the scent of my Tony Pollard shares burning to the ground.  Zekeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

 

 

1 hour ago, leftcoastheel said:

Mine too.  I only have two.  He could still have some flex appeal.

Pollard carving up my Rams!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, leftcoastheel said:

Double tap on the 2nd tier TEs huh?  We will see.  Guess you cannot pass on Engram at 5.7.  Even I wouldn't pass on him there. 

As far as zero-WR... Well at least Washington's been looking good.  Otherwise that's a motley crew, although you did pretty well given the circumstances.  My only nit is I think Samuel in 6th is a stretch.  Also, FWIW, Deon Cain had a big game today.  I will be watching him.

On RBs, I am not bullish on Gurley for FF this year, especially during the championship round, but if all three work out those RBs are the freaking nuts.  That alone would make this team really tough.

Got Luck in the 12th on my draft for the weekend.  Love him there... huge edge if he winds up healthy... nice pick.

I think it should be a pretty good team.

I was ready to snap click zeke at 7.   But the guy at 6 was thinking the same.  Cooper then went a pick before Howard.  Probably would have went Cooper there if that decision came.  Couldn’t pass on Engram.  Haven’t seen him fall that far yet.  He barely makes it out of the 4th in most of these.   Then it was oh #^!% I need WR’s!  

I’m fully on board the Samuel hype train.   He and Moore had nearly identical usage last 8 weeks of season. 56 Moore targets to 53 for Samuel.   Samuel 3 tds to Moore’s 1.  Didn’t get the 3 round separation between the two.  Both seem to be appropriately priced now.  If I can get decent WR production until Green is back, this team should be pretty strong after that.  1 of those late rd flyers could also hit.  Who knows.  

I was targeting Jameis to pair with Howard but everyone kept passing on Luck.  Just had to take him there.   This one clearly has a high ceiling / basement level floor.  Ha.  I’m good with a couple of those.  Just get in the dance. 

Edited by Da Gildz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

This one looks a bit different at least.   Got my first share of OJ.  Finally.  

 

From the 7:

QB:  Luck (12), Allen (16)

RB:  Bell (1), Gurley (2), Gordon (3), Samuels (9), RoJo (11), Edmonds (13), Snell (20)

WR:  Samuel (6), AJ Green (7), Fuller (8), Washington (10), P Campbell (14), Tre’quan Smith (15), D Hamilton (17)

TE: Howard (4), Engram (5)

K: Gould (19)

Def:  Clev (18)

 

Didnt intend on zero-WR but so it went.  Champ rds or bust.  

Could work. I set a few up like this with 3 potential stud RB's with Gordon and weak at WR. The RB's go boom and you get something out of WR you will be in good shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lotto ticket from the 11th:

Murray (14)

Jones (4), White (5), Sanders (6), Murray (7), Samuels (9), Hill (10), Thompson (12), Hyde (13)

JuJu (1), Thomas (2), Diggs (3), Sanu (15), Isabella (16), T. Smith (17)

Njoku (8), Goedert (11), Gesicki (18)

NO (20)

Tavecchio (19)

Wanted to go true zero RB, mainly 'cause I was pissed about another 11-hole position, but I could not pass up Jones at 4.2.  Will be watching Murray closely.  Not that it matters, since this team is structured pretty much for pure upside, but plenty of QBs on the wire I can grab pre-week 1 until/if he gets it together if necessary.  Interested to hear thoughts on this one... LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, leftcoastheel said:

Lotto ticket from the 11th:

Murray (14)

Jones (4), White (5), Sanders (6), Murray (7), Samuels (9), Hill (10), Thompson (12), Hyde (13)

JuJu (1), Thomas (2), Diggs (3), Sanu (15), Isabella (16), T. Smith (17)

Njoku (8), Goedert (11), Gesicki (18)

NO (20)

Tavecchio (19)

Wanted to go true zero RB, mainly 'cause I was pissed about another 11-hole position, but I could not pass up Jones at 4.2.  Will be watching Murray closely.  Not that it matters, since this team is structured pretty much for pure upside, but plenty of QBs on the wire I can grab pre-week 1 until/if he gets it together if necessary.  Interested to hear thoughts on this one... LOL.

I like it. Can't pass Jones at 4.2. That's great to have him there after starting with 3 WR. You get one or two of the later RB to work out it could be a big one. Think I would go out and get a backup QB just in case with only Murray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My buddy got this one the other night. I thought it turned out really well from pick 9.

QB: C. Wentz, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Freeman, C. Carson, J. White, J. Jackson, M. Davis, R. Armstead
WR: D. Adams, J. Smith-Schuster, R. Anderson, A. Jeffrey, G. Allison
TE: D. Walker, J. Graham, T. Eifert, R. Gronkowski
K: J. Myers
D - Eagles

A few jokers in this one helped push some value down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, leftcoastheel said:

Lotto ticket from the 11th:

Murray (14)

Jones (4), White (5), Sanders (6), Murray (7), Samuels (9), Hill (10), Thompson (12), Hyde (13)

JuJu (1), Thomas (2), Diggs (3), Sanu (15), Isabella (16), T. Smith (17)

Njoku (8), Goedert (11), Gesicki (18)

NO (20)

Tavecchio (19)

Wanted to go true zero RB, mainly 'cause I was pissed about another 11-hole position, but I could not pass up Jones at 4.2.  Will be watching Murray closely.  Not that it matters, since this team is structured pretty much for pure upside, but plenty of QBs on the wire I can grab pre-week 1 until/if he gets it together if necessary.  Interested to hear thoughts on this one... LOL.

Very solid.  Jones there is a heist.  You took a lot of the backs I like here.   A couple of those guys will be sure fire RB2’s  with RB1 upside at some point in the season.  Hoping it’s not Thompson or a lot of my teams are screwed.  I probably would have locked up a WR4 sooner tho.  That’s about my only complaint here.  Solid draft.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patrick the Pirate said:

My buddy got this one the other night. I thought it turned out really well from pick 9.

QB: C. Wentz, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Freeman, C. Carson, J. White, J. Jackson, M. Davis, R. Armstead
WR: D. Adams, J. Smith-Schuster, R. Anderson, A. Jeffrey, G. Allison
TE: D. Walker, J. Graham, T. Eifert, R. Gronkowski
K: J. Myers
D - Eagles

A few jokers in this one helped push some value down.

Pretty much identical to the team above this.  Which is odd.  Solid draft.  I’m personally not as high on Carson as most are.  I still think Penny plays a big role there if not a committee at some point.  But if he’s the 3rd back here and not 2nd I like it a lot more obviously.  Cuffing J Jax solid as well.  Worked out well here overall.     Gronk a wasted pick.  Would have taken a better K/Def.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

Pretty much identical to the team above this.  Which is odd.  Solid draft.  I’m personally not as high on Carson as most are.  I still think Penny plays a big role there if not a committee at some point.  But if he’s the 3rd back here and not 2nd I like it a lot more obviously.  Cuffing J Jax solid as well.  Worked out well here overall.     Gronk a wasted pick.  Would have taken a better K/Def.  

Yeah, Carson at 5.9 these days is a real nice pick. 

We stream K and D mostly. Eagles have Redskins at home week 1. Love that. Myers has Bengals at home. 

Wasted his round 19 pick. Oh well. Gives him something to drop.

Guy in the one hole took Will Fuller and Coutland Sutton at the 4/5 turn. Then Mark Andrews at 6.12. Mahomes, Goff and Lamar in 3, 8, 13. Wow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Patrick the Pirate said:

My buddy got this one the other night. I thought it turned out really well from pick 9.

QB: C. Wentz, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Freeman, C. Carson, J. White, J. Jackson, M. Davis, R. Armstead
WR: D. Adams, J. Smith-Schuster, R. Anderson, A. Jeffrey, G. Allison
TE: D. Walker, J. Graham, T. Eifert, R. Gronkowski
K: J. Myers
D - Eagles

A few jokers in this one helped push some value down.

Nice squad.  Carson at 5.9 is unheard of now.  I am really surprised to see that.  He is going third round in my last two drafts over the past week.  And I love James white at 6.4.  Hopefully Freeman stays healthy ... I haven't gotten him anywhere, mainly because of my back-end draft positions this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

Very solid.  Jones there is a heist.  You took a lot of the backs I like here.   A couple of those guys will be sure fire RB2’s  with RB1 upside at some point in the season.  Hoping it’s not Thompson or a lot of my teams are screwed.  I probably would have locked up a WR4 sooner tho.  That’s about my only complaint here.  Solid draft.  

 

6 hours ago, Patrick the Pirate said:

I like it. Can't pass Jones at 4.2. That's great to have him there after starting with 3 WR. You get one or two of the later RB to work out it could be a big one. Think I would go out and get a backup QB just in case with only Murray.

Thanks for the feedback.  Agree probably should have foregone Samuels or Hill for Washington or Jackson or something like that.  But I had three badass WRs, so I wanted to mine for the RB that breaks out.  Which is why I wish had this team with a top-notch TE (Howard) or another WR (Cooks) in the 4th.  Then this would have made a whole lot more sense.  But I just couldn't pass on Jones at 4.2, and I didn't tweak my strategy to reflect that...  Hopefully get some more clarity on these RBs, and first waivers I can focus on getting a back up QB with a decent floor - Rivers, Stafford, etc.

This one is speculative, but honestly I think it can compete in-season even if none of those guys become high octane RB1s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 1:56 PM, Da Gildz said:

You guys smell that?  It’s the scent of my Tony Pollard shares burning to the ground.  Zekeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

 

https://sports.yahoo.com/latest-in-cowboys-drama-ezekiel-elliott-heads-back-to-cabo-after-jerry-jones-joke-210551276.html

Don't speak so soon, the drama this year has been nothing short of spectacular.  :lmao::lmao::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2019 at 7:10 PM, leftcoastheel said:

Lotto ticket from the 11th:

Murray (14)

Jones (4), White (5), Sanders (6), Murray (7), Samuels (9), Hill (10), Thompson (12), Hyde (13)

JuJu (1), Thomas (2), Diggs (3), Sanu (15), Isabella (16), T. Smith (17)

Njoku (8), Goedert (11), Gesicki (18)

NO (20)

Tavecchio (19)

Wanted to go true zero RB, mainly 'cause I was pissed about another 11-hole position, but I could not pass up Jones at 4.2.  Will be watching Murray closely.  Not that it matters, since this team is structured pretty much for pure upside, but plenty of QBs on the wire I can grab pre-week 1 until/if he gets it together if necessary.  Interested to hear thoughts on this one... LOL.

Nice WRs, Sanders will save your RBs, cringeworthy TEs..... lots of poor production in your future there. GL to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty happy with this team from the 12 spot

QB Wentz, Carson (11)

RB Chubb, Nick (1)

RB Jacobs, Josh (4)

WR Hill, Tyreek  (2)

WR Thielen, Adam (3)

FLEX Boyd, Tyler (5)

FLEX Kupp, Cooper (6)

TE Walker, Delanie (10)

PK Maher, Brett (20)

DST Team Defense, HOU  (17)

BN Cousins, Kirk (15)

BN Barber, Peyton (9)

BN Thompson, Darwin (12)

BN Miller, Lamar (7)

BN Blue, Alfred  (19)

BN Brown, Malcolm (14)

BN Enunwa, Quincy (18)

BN Gordon, Josh (8)

BN Hamilton, DaeSean (16)

BN Eifert, Tyler (13)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tolstoy said:

Pretty happy with this team from the 12 spot

QB Wentz, Carson (11)

RB Chubb, Nick (1)

RB Jacobs, Josh (4)

WR Hill, Tyreek  (2)

WR Thielen, Adam (3)

FLEX Boyd, Tyler (5)

FLEX Kupp, Cooper (6)

TE Walker, Delanie (10)

PK Maher, Brett (20)

DST Team Defense, HOU  (17)

BN Cousins, Kirk (15)

BN Barber, Peyton (9)

BN Thompson, Darwin (12)

BN Miller, Lamar (7)

BN Blue, Alfred  (19)

BN Brown, Malcolm (14)

BN Enunwa, Quincy (18)

BN Gordon, Josh (8)

BN Hamilton, DaeSean (16)

BN Eifert, Tyler (13)

This is a well balanced team. Good job here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tolstoy said:

Pretty happy with this team from the 12 spot

QB Wentz, Carson (11)

RB Chubb, Nick (1)

RB Jacobs, Josh (4)

WR Hill, Tyreek  (2)

WR Thielen, Adam (3)

FLEX Boyd, Tyler (5)

FLEX Kupp, Cooper (6)

TE Walker, Delanie (10)

PK Maher, Brett (20)

DST Team Defense, HOU  (17)

BN Cousins, Kirk (15)

BN Barber, Peyton (9)

BN Thompson, Darwin (12)

BN Miller, Lamar (7)

BN Blue, Alfred  (19)

BN Brown, Malcolm (14)

BN Enunwa, Quincy (18)

BN Gordon, Josh (8)

BN Hamilton, DaeSean (16)

BN Eifert, Tyler (13)

TEs are weak and you could have waited on Eifert.  Don't think you need to draft Alfred Blue.  Miller is a fine RB3 but Barber is probably useless.  I am coming around to the Darwin Thompson train.  Have him on a lot of teams.  I also like Brown as the Gurley cuff.    If available I would have opted for a higher upside at WR (Williams/Ridley if available) or RB depth (White/Sanders/Coleman) at the 5/6 turn than Boyd.  Kupp will be good though.  Nice depth with Gordon and then Enunwa late. 

I am probably taking a less streaky WR1 than Hill at 2.1, but that is splitting hairs.  I cannot believe you got Thielen at 3.12.  That's absurd.  All-in-all this team should play.

Edited by leftcoastheel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tolstoy said:

Pretty happy with this team from the 12 spot

QB Wentz, Carson (11)

RB Chubb, Nick (1)

RB Jacobs, Josh (4)

WR Hill, Tyreek  (2)

WR Thielen, Adam (3)

FLEX Boyd, Tyler (5)

FLEX Kupp, Cooper (6)

TE Walker, Delanie (10)

PK Maher, Brett (20)

DST Team Defense, HOU  (17)

BN Cousins, Kirk (15)

BN Barber, Peyton (9)

BN Thompson, Darwin (12)

BN Miller, Lamar (7)

BN Blue, Alfred  (19)

BN Brown, Malcolm (14)

BN Enunwa, Quincy (18)

BN Gordon, Josh (8)

BN Hamilton, DaeSean (16)

BN Eifert, Tyler (13)

I don’t see much here myself.  Appears weak outside of the WR core which is solid.  Assuming Kupp is the same guy which I have my doubts. Would have went RB3 over that Kupp pick.  The backfield is way thin and likely going to be worse then every team u face.  Same with TE’s and QB most weeks.    Also assuming you passed on a Julio/Thomas/Beckham for Hill?  Yea don’t like that either.  Straight up I prefer the others and then add in the week 12 bye I don’t get how anyone can take Hill above them.  Well only 1 other person I know would on this board...🤡

Edited by Da Gildz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 9:13 AM, Coots said:

I hear ya...  I always say the same thing and hardly ever does it happen though.  I think almost every year its a late drafted team that wins for one reason.  A lot of the new players draft just before the season kicks off and you can get insane teams.  I mean I had guys drafting drew brees number 1 overall.  My problem is I cannot wait that long to draft and spend all my money before then.

I think another part of this is the Main event drafts don’t even start until the 3rd weekend in August.  So you’re bound to run into some late August FBG weekend drafts that are super weak.  May even find ones without a badge in it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

I don’t see much here myself.  Appears weak outside of the WR core which is solid.  Assuming Kupp is the same guy which I have my doubts. Would have went RB3 over that Kupp pick.  The backfield is way thin and likely going to be worse then every team u face.  Same with TE’s and QB most weeks.    Also assuming you passed on a Julio/Thomas/Beckham for Hill?  Yea don’t like that either.  Straight up I prefer the others and then add in the week 12 bye I don’t get how anyone can take Hill above them.  Well only 1 other person I know would on this board...🤡

Thomas - was gone by 1.12

OBJ - wouldn't touch him

Julio - considered him.  gets tackled inside the 5 too often ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tolstoy said:

Thomas - was gone by 1.12

OBJ - wouldn't touch him

Julio - considered him.  gets tackled inside the 5 too often ;)

Would also take JuJu honestly.  I like Tyreek mid-2nd.  But my shares of Tyreek all came before the news...😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likely the finale here as I don’t see myself drafting a better team or one I like more.  This was a fun one. From the 3 hole:

 

QB:  Watson (7), Lamar Jax (14)

RB: Kamara (1), Mixon (2), Kerryon (3), Henry (5), Freeman (10), Mike Davis (16)

WR:  Godwin (4), Samuel (6), Fuller (8), Sutton (9), Gallup (13), Isabella (17), Marquise Brown (20)

TE:  Andrews (11), Herndon (12), Eifert (15)

K: Fairbairn (18)

Def: Balt (19)

 

👀

GL all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

Likely the finale here as I don’t see myself drafting a better team or one I like more.  This was a fun one. From the 3 hole:

 

QB:  Watson (7), Lamar Jax (14)

RB: Kamara (1), Mixon (2), Kerryon (3), Henry (5), Freeman (10), Mike Davis (16)

WR:  Godwin (4), Samuel (6), Fuller (8), Sutton (9), Gallup (13), Isabella (17), Marquise Brown (20)

TE:  Andrews (11), Herndon (12), Eifert (15)

K: Fairbairn (18)

Def: Balt (19)

 

👀

GL all

You totally crushed ADP, except for Samuel.  I think you're reaching for him, but I guess it was back end of the 6th and if you really like him it's close to FMV.

QBs are stacked, but I don't think you needed Lamar, and RBs are outstanding.  I have my concerns about Mixon and Kerryon.  I would not reach for them but against ADP super hard to pass them up there; oustanding value.  Looked at your board might have taken Lenny instead in the third.  But generally I would have done the same.  WRs are OK.  You're obv behind there going into the season.  Impossible to pass up Henry in the 5th but man Cooks would have been tempting given your early round RBs.  So, going to need Godwin to emerge (this is one reason why I like Winston... Godwin + Evans + Howard = Winston has to be good).    TEs are something of an unknown, but a lot of us have that issue.  Andrews/Herndon should work out with time.

Kind of a weird draft but a couple other solid teams in there; and some really really bad teams.  Feel like even the good teams have a pretty big mistake somewhere though in this draft except I think you caught it right.  If 7 works out that will be a really tough team.  11 could be solid.

I also bet you'll do at least one more draft, LOL.  GL.

 

Edited by leftcoastheel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Da Gildz said:

Likely the finale here as I don’t see myself drafting a better team or one I like more.  This was a fun one. From the 3 hole:

 

QB:  Watson (7), Lamar Jax (14)

RB: Kamara (1), Mixon (2), Kerryon (3), Henry (5), Freeman (10), Mike Davis (16)

WR:  Godwin (4), Samuel (6), Fuller (8), Sutton (9), Gallup (13), Isabella (17), Marquise Brown (20)

TE:  Andrews (11), Herndon (12), Eifert (15)

K: Fairbairn (18)

Def: Balt (19)

 

👀

GL all

Not as good as you think.... and not tweet worthy... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ImTheScientist said:

Not as good as you think.... and not tweet worthy... lol

you were actually kinda funny for once, lol.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

Likely the finale here as I don’t see myself drafting a better team or one I like more.  This was a fun one. From the 3 hole:

 

QB:  Watson (7), Lamar Jax (14)

RB: Kamara (1), Mixon (2), Kerryon (3), Henry (5), Freeman (10), Mike Davis (16)

WR:  Godwin (4), Samuel (6), Fuller (8), Sutton (9), Gallup (13), Isabella (17), Marquise Brown (20)

TE:  Andrews (11), Herndon (12), Eifert (15)

K: Fairbairn (18)

Def: Balt (19)

 

👀

GL all

This one worked out well. Got 4 horses to ride at RB. 

Must have been some real dummies in this one to let those RBs fall. Hard to imagine what was being picked in mid to late rd 2 there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patrick the Pirate said:

This one worked out well. Got 4 horses to ride at RB. 

Must have been some real dummies in this one to let those RBs fall. Hard to imagine what was being picked in mid to late rd 2 there. 

Rd 2 was pretty standard.  Theilen was the only surprise taken.   Evans and Ertz also went before Mixon.  Just no one wanted Mixon I guess in this one.  Haven’t seen him fall to 2.10 yet.    The 4/5 corner was the crazy part.  Guy at 1 went Jared Cook / Ridley.  With only Saquon rostered. Couldn’t believe he passed on Henry there.  The middle rds got wacky.  Random TE’s taken too early, QB’s pushed up.  Guys just fell to me all draft.  Royce Freeman end of the 10th?  Wild.  Pollard I was going to take in the 9th.  Really wanted to but opted for the WR.  The Zeke owner passed on him after me and he fell all the way back to him in the 10th.  Wacky wacky draft.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ImTheScientist said:

Not as good as you think.... and not tweet worthy... lol

You’re right.  It’s better.  

I’ve been asked to sign 8x10’s of the draft board.  If you want it framed, it’s only $6.99 more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, leftcoastheel said:

You totally crushed ADP, except for Samuel.  I think you're reaching for him, but I guess it was back end of the 6th and if you really like him it's close to FMV.

QBs are stacked, but I don't think you needed Lamar, and RBs are outstanding.  I have my concerns about Mixon and Kerryon.  I would not reach for them but against ADP super hard to pass them up there; oustanding value.  Looked at your board might have taken Lenny instead in the third.  But generally I would have done the same.  WRs are OK.  You're obv behind there going into the season.  Impossible to pass up Henry in the 5th but man Cooks would have been tempting given your early round RBs.  So, going to need Godwin to emerge (this is one reason why I like Winston... Godwin + Evans + Howard = Winston has to be good).    TEs are something of an unknown, but a lot of us have that issue.  Andrews/Herndon should work out with time.

Kind of a weird draft but a couple other solid teams in there; and some really really bad teams.  Feel like even the good teams have a pretty big mistake somewhere though in this draft except I think you caught it right.  If 7 works out that will be a really tough team.  11 could be solid.

I also bet you'll do at least one more draft, LOL.  GL.

 

Samuel isn’t a reach there now.  He’s going end of 6th/7th if not sooner.   Cooks was enticing in the 5th and if Henry wasn’t sitting there, it would have been an auto pick.  Lamar I just wanted a share.  Watson isn’t the most durable guy either.   Didn’t think Jackson should have been sitting there in rd 14.  Kerryon vs Fournette was tough.  I think Kerryon could be special tho.  Len needs the volume to produce and health is always a question mark with him.   Both are probably great picks if they’re healthy all season.  WR’s I don’t think I’m that behind in.  If you believe the Godwin hype, he could be a WR1, high end WR2.  I’ve seen projections with 100+ rec’s.  Not sure I see that but who knows. 

TE’s are a legit question mark here.  Herndon I’m more confident in then Andrews.  Eifert if he’s not broken can at least be serviceable I’m sure. And yea I’ll prob draft another one.  🤑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

You’re right.  It’s better.  

I’ve been asked to sign 8x10’s of the draft board.  If you want it framed, it’s only $6.99 more.  

You are a cheap date. I like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be great if Zeke/Gordon hold out for multiple weeks and Darwin Thompson steals the job in KC. Just sayin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 11:06 AM, Da Gildz said:

I don’t buy it.  I’ve seen enough of Carlos Hyde.  If he didn’t totally suck , I’d feel a lot less comfortable buying Damien Will.  Now would I take him in the 2nd?  No why would I if I can get him mid-late 3rd.   That’s some Scientist ish.  But yea I’ll be snap drafting D Will in that spot. And when was the last time Reid rode a committee type backfield ? It was Jamaal Charles till he broke down those last couple seasons and then Kareem Hunt.  Going back to his Philly days it was like 90% Brian Westbrook.  He rolls with 1 primary back if there is one..

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/51735/darwin-thompson

Just sayin'.  Watch it closely... dude is good and skill set fits the offense well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, leftcoastheel said:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/51735/darwin-thompson

Just sayin'.  Watch it closely... dude is good and skill set fits the offense well.

What is this in response to?  I’ve pulled back from Damien since the early drafts.  Have him on 3/9 now.  But is Darwin going to be as good as Damien Will was last year?  I’m guessing no.   If Damien is the same guy , Darwin won’t be much of a factor.  If he’s not, then we’ll see a lot of Darwin. Pretty simple.  Reid usually rides with 1 main back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

What is this in response to?  I’ve pulled back from Damien since the early drafts.  Have him on 3/9 now.  But is Darwin going to be as good as Damien Will was last year?  I’m guessing no.   If Damien is the same guy , Darwin won’t be much of a factor.  If he’s not, then we’ll see a lot of Darwin. Pretty simple.  Reid usually rides with 1 main back 

I think that is the right value.  End of the third.  I was fading him to the middle earlier, now the end. 

I am really interested to see what D.T. does; Hyde is the most fade-worthy given the preseason.  D.T.'s pro day stats were awesome, good fit for the offense, very good incumbent but w/ some ?'s.  Most importantly, I feel like he has been/still is really under the radar, yet is the type of guy that has paths to a break out towards the end of the season and single-handedly take down the 'ship for you.  At a minimum a dude to track for next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Da Gildz said:

What is this in response to?  I’ve pulled back from Damien since the early drafts.  Have him on 3/9 now.  But is Darwin going to be as good as Damien Will was last year?  I’m guessing no.   If Damien is the same guy , Darwin won’t be much of a factor.  If he’s not, then we’ll see a lot of Darwin. Pretty simple.  Reid usually rides with 1 main back 

I faded him all along. Looks like you have wasted “shares”. When you have that many teams and don’t really commit to a group of players or take a real stance on anything is it really skill? If you play 20 teams I’d hope one or two win a league. To me that method is a bit like playing slots in Vegas. Your slowly losing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

08/21 First of between 9-12 I'll be doing. From the #8:

30 RB in 1st 5 Rounds, 18 more in Rounds 8-10, many young'uns w upside steamed up between draft my buddy did on Sunday night, caught me a little by surprise. While I generally try to feel out my Drafts and pull QB and TE as late as I can before the cupboard goes bare, the secondary TE run happened earlier than I anticipated as well, and I didn't anticipate Duke steaming up to 8.03. First dilemma at 5.08 as RB's began drying out and Miles went at 5.07, leaving me to choose between Lindsay and Ekeler. Taking an RB there cost me a shot at TE Cook and McDonald. Felt a little weak-handed to take TE at 7.08 (went Hooper over DWalker and Andrews), and really let down when Duke didn't make it back to 8.05. Sutton at 9.08 cost me Justice, Darwin and Hunt. Samuels at 10.05 was a bit reactionary, and Singletary and Mattison went before I took DHarris at 11.08. I was the last Team to take a QB, but I'm OK with the Cousins/Rivers tandem (I'll deal w Week 12 in-season), and getting them in 13/15 felt decent. I'm enamored with the upside of a healthy Eifert in enhanced PPR, but deflated when Mecole Hardman went in the 14th right after I took him. Cobb in the 16th felt...impotent. Didn't think my stable of young RB with upside would be handcuff Samuels + Harris/Hilliard/DxWilliams. Missed out on all my guys that I thought would populate that space. See what happens down the road with a bunch of picks in the Top 5 coming up in the next week.

Cousins / Rivers

Conner / Henry / Lindsay / Samuels / DHarris / Hilliard / DxWilliams

Adams / Hilton / ARob / Fuller / Sutton / Cobb

Hooper / Goedert / Eifert

Lutz / Saints

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ImTheScientist said:

I faded him all along. Looks like you have wasted “shares”. When you have that many teams and don’t really commit to a group of players or take a real stance on anything is it really skill? If you play 20 teams I’d hope one or two win a league. To me that method is a bit like playing slots in Vegas. Your slowly losing.

What the...You still haven’t grasped the “overall” concept to this thing.  You want an owner who drafts a lot of teams to pick the same players on all his teams?  Why?  So when 1 of my best players goes down in weeks 14-16,  all of my chances to win this contest go down with him?  That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on these boards and the completely WRONG strategy to employ with multiple entries.  Plus why can’t I like more then the same 20-30 players in fantasy?  And who wants to win 1 or 2 out of 20 leagues?  That would be horrendous.   Lol.  

Your best bet is to just delete that post  and hope a lot of people haven’t read it.  But I guess u can’t now since I quoted it.   😬

Edited by Da Gildz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Da Gildz said:

What the...You still haven’t grasped the “overall” concept to this thing.  You want an owner who drafts a lot of teams to pick the same players on all his teams?  Why?  So when 1 of my best players goes down in weeks 14-16,  all of my chances to win this contest go down with him?  That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever read on these boards and the completely WRONG strategy to employ with multiple entries.  Plus why can’t I like more then the same 20-30 players in fantasy?  And who wants to win 1 or 2 out of 20 leagues?  That would be horrendous.   Lol.  

Your best bet is to just delete that post  and hope a lot of people haven’t read it.  But I guess u can’t now since I quoted it.   😬

 I have a list of about 60 players or so. 

I have done better with 2 teams a year than you have with 20 on a win percentage basis..... just sayin. I get that it gives you more chances if you diversify but if you are truly confident in your evaluation you shouldn’t need 20 teams. 

Have you won it all with your approach? Because I’m willing to bet my top 100 or top 50 is at a much higher clip than you on a per entry basis. It’s so laughable when at the end of the year people come back with the 1 team out of 30 that was good and talk about how great they did. I’d hope you would have one that was ok. Post all your teams..... I did mine.

ETA: I’m at about a 25% top 100 clip over the last 4 years. 

Edited by ImTheScientist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.