What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Cuban - What if? (1 Viewer)

mr fancypants

Footballguy
It seems like any interview segment you see with Cuban these days the question invariably comes up is will he throw his hat in the ring in 2020. I just wonder hypothetically what his chances would be like as he already said he would lean being an independent party candidate over the GOP. He's also stated that he thinks Trump would win today because all the Dem's are trotting out are politicians and people are very skeptical of them in general. Anyways just curious as to what others thought.

Also would he have to give up ownership of the Mav's (Possible deal-breaker)?

Last edited by a moderator:
No way. Not the right conditions for it.

Trump is too popular to run as a Republican or an independent, and there are just too many Democrats for him to run as a Democrat.

Yeah those norms are completely out the window now.  

As a general principle I don’t think Cuban would be right but if it’s him or Trump I’m voting Cuban 100 times out of 100

It seems like any interview segment you see with Cuban these days the question invariably comes up is will he throw his hat in the ring in 2020. I just wonder hypothetically what his chances would be like as he already said he would lean being an independent party candidate over the GOP. He's also stated that he thinks Trump would win today because all the Dem's are trotting out are politicians and people are very skeptical of them in general. Anyways just curious as to what others thought.

Why wouldn’t he run as a Democrat if he thinks none of the candidates can beat President Trump?  He was a Hillary stooge and still has party cred.  He’s a smart guy though and knows nobody will be beating President Trump in 2020.  I’m sure he’s looking at 2024.

Why wouldn’t he run as a Democrat if he thinks none of the candidates can beat President Trump?  He was a Hillary stooge and still has party cred.  He’s a smart guy though and knows nobody will be beating President Trump in 2020.  I’m sure he’s looking at 2024.
Literally everyone polled against Trump is beating Trump. And he is losing support in former Obama states which bodes ill for his run. Lastly there are very wealthy Republicans looking for anyone to run against him either in a primary or as an independent in the general. So inevitable Trump bears a striking resemblance to inevitable Hillary at this point except worse.

As far as Cuban goes government is not a for profit business. They are very different things. Running one doesn't neccesarily translate to success with the other. And you aren't the last word on pretty much anything. I think Cuban enjoys the attention so he flirts but really isn't serious.

Literally everyone polled against Trump is beating Trump. And he is losing support in former Obama states which bodes ill for his run. Lastly there are very wealthy Republicans looking for anyone to run against him either in a primary or as an independent in the general. So inevitable Trump bears a striking resemblance to inevitable Hillary at this point except worse.
Except Trump isn’t Hillary and the Democrats don’t have a Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread