What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

meh ... (1 Viewer)

I’m with you. The glory days are surely behind us.  But they were magnificent. 

Not shtick.  Not a knock on anyone and nothing to do with anything I think, other then lots of us growing older, having less time, etc etc.  Or maybe all the wild fun stuff has moved to the politics sub forum, who knows. 
Thanks. 

I do think it's a fascinating question. 

Hasn't chronicling being twenty in the city been done ad nauseam, a long time ago and lot more spectacularly dandily?

I mean, where else you gonna go to get robin talk and Fenway lawn care tips? 

Thanks. 

I do think it's a fascinating question. 
Agree.  Could also just be that messageboards are "aging out."  The were all the rage 15 years ago, but I can't fathom we're picking up a ton of new members/younger members.  Those kids are all on Twitter and IMGUR and whatever.  So we've got an aging/dying population much of whom have less time, and not a lot of new blood. 

Agree.  Could also just be that messageboards are "aging out."  The were all the rage 15 years ago, but I can't fathom we're picking up a ton of new members/younger members.  Those kids are all on Twitter and IMGUR and whatever.  So we've got an aging/dying population much of whom have less time, and not a lot of new blood. 
I think we have to also acknowledge that quite a few members left when changes were first being made. Also, more people are choosing to spend less time here rather than simply having less time to post here.

So... short FBGs is what you're actually saying...

What is the typical experience when new folks join the FFA, start participating, & create topics? It would be interesting to see the data on average time a new user stays active vs 5 years ago, etc.

I'd guess the culture here is difficult for new folks to penetrate and/or appreciate. Hopefully the data would prove me wrong.

What is the typical experience when new folks join the FFA, start participating, & create topics? It would be interesting to see the data on average time a new user stays active vs 5 years ago, etc.

I'd guess the culture here is difficult for new folks to penetrate and/or appreciate. Hopefully the data would prove me wrong.
Absolutely it is.  I assume it is most likely noobs cut their teeth in the shark pool.  If they are new, they probably came for the football content and discussion.  It is only when they get bored, adventurous, or lost that they eventually stumble upon the FFA.

To be clear, I'm not talking about community platforms. I mean people's real lives in general. 

To be clear, I'm not talking about community platforms. I mean people's real lives in general. 
Oh, totally different subject then. I think I started a thread recently on the question you’re raising.  There was some interesting discussion.  

Users who are viewing this thread