What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the most iconic movie score? (1 Viewer)

What is the most iconic movie score?

• The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jaws

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 67 44.4%
  • Rocky

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Halloween

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Indiana Jones

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • The Godfather

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • The Pink Panther

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Chariots of Fire

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Superman

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 5.3%

• Total voters
The most iconic soundtrack is "Singin' in the Rain".  Sorry, but no other answer is acceptable here.
I'd bet that about three of every five people alive in America today don't even know that that was a movie.

One in ten thousand could name a note of music from it.

The most iconic soundtrack is "Singin' in the Rain".  Sorry, but no other answer is acceptable here.
The best movie score of all time is Sweeney Todd, but i disqualified it as having been conceived for the stage.

From my post of 8/30/18 in the "Favorite Musicals" thread:

For my money, Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street is the greatest musical work of my lifetime - yeah, more than Dylan, Beatles, Prince, Radiohead, whatever

For me it's Rocky.  Not close.  With the budget of that movie the music was what made it the iconic film it is.  
If I were to go with a Rocky it would be the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

As Time Goes Bye from Casablanca is pretty iconic but I do not remember the rest of the score.

there was a period when Morricone's The Mission was listened to by everybody I knew. 

I have no memory of what it sounded like.

Funny thing.....  I was told by a friend the other day that The 13th Warrior is considered the biggest box office flop of all time.

Well, that movie is a guilty pleasure of mine(yes, it's bad but I love it).... also it has a hell of a good score.

One more great one I thought of.....   Crimson Tide.
I enjoyed 13th Warrior as well. There is supposed to be good footage that was cut to bring the time down. This would have helped with some of the abrupt transitions/continuity.

But the question was most Iconic and only one of those was actually taught if you were in band. (School system growing up required you to learn an instrument, 2 years of classes). 

Chariots of Fire
I was in band from 6th to 11th grade. We didn't play Chariots of Fire, but we did play The Pink Panther, Star Wars, and Rocky. 

Back to the Future and Jurassic Park had scores that kinda made those movies for me. Might even list the Jurassic Park one as kind of iconic.

I know it won't get thought of as on the same level as the ones in the OP, but one score I always come back to is Shawshank Redemption. the score is subtle & beautiful, and really elevates the movie.

the hopeful music in the 3rd act when Red finds the letter (it's called So Was Red) is one of my favorite pieces ever.

I know it won't get thought of as on the same level as the ones in the OP, but one score I always come back to is Shawshank Redemption. the score is subtle & beautiful, and really elevates the movie.

the hopeful music in the 3rd act when Red finds the letter (it's called So Was Red) is one of my favorite pieces ever.
My favorite part is when Red goes to the tree to find the box Andy left for him - the music is awesome in that scene!

Users who are viewing this thread