What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you remember when.... (1 Viewer)

They made you do that at school?  Ick.  That stuff is disgusting.  We had floride in the water, so I guess we escaped the horror.
We had fluoridated water too, but I remember the “swish” up until about 5th or 6th grade, so maybe early 80’s? And the school nurse doing scoliosis checks. And the eye tests that were a paper plate with an “E” on it they would flip around, the color blindness thing, and the 3-d bug picture, burning the left handlers for witchcraft.... good times.

Not sure what @The Commish  references, but I do recall in 1st grade we were given red-dye-ish tablets to munch, and then we brushed our teeth without the benefit of a mirror; and then we were presented with a mirror that revealed all the spots we missed.  In my case, I brushed about 40%.  Such an important life lesson to learn at such a young age.  Thank you, California.
Remember that also.

Never heard of this.  What year we talking?
Really?  I have to do math?  So let me think....84,85,86ish?

Was I the only one?  There's no way I was the only one.  :oldunsure:  

The red tablets were different.  They just showed you how disgusting your teeth really were.

They made you do that at school?  Ick.  That stuff is disgusting.  We had floride in the water, so I guess we escaped the horror.
We had flouride in the water as well, but still when I went to the dentist, I had to choose between four disgusting flavors (cherry, bubblegum, chocolate, vanilla) of some paste that was slathered in trays, then inserted into my mouth while being handed a dixie cup that you could drool into while you waited the five minutes or so for the treatment to be over.

Echhh.  

Users who are viewing this thread