What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What to do with Melvin Gordon (1 Viewer)

Starkers

Footballguy
I took him in a couple of leagues because he dropped far enough.  What should I do with him since it looks like it will be mid season before he is on the field?  While I am hoping for a trade I'm not confident.  Thanks for your input.

Depends on how deep your roster is.  Even if he does come back anywhere between week 8 - 10.  I believe he has to report by 10. You would need to weigh the options of you having him for the playoff stretch or someone else basically picking up a top five RB for nothing.  So, again it depends on how deep your rosters are and who you could get in return.  If you are happy with your team and the best available players on the waiver wire are guys like Corey Davis, AJ Brown, and Tony Pollard.... I'd rather just have Gordon on the end of my bench.  If you are hurting at any position that you could get a potential upgrade for, or you don't think you have the type of team that will even benefit from Gordon coming back, I'd consider dumping him.  Though if I was going to dump him I'd see if anyone else in your league wants him.  Somebody who is in the position of keeping him on the end of their roster with hopes of him helping in the playoffs would probably be willing to give up something a little better than what's on the waiver wire.

If you need the roster spot due to injuries then dump him.  If you don't then just stash him. 

Users who are viewing this thread