What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has Nadler lost it? (1 Viewer)

Playing them like a fiddle by refusing to answer questions about meeting with Trump?  Okay.
Not looking for an OK moment here, just watching makes me think the member of congress like to hear themselves talk, like  soap opera actors reading from scripts at an audition. They just talk and talk and talk and can hardly get one question out in 5 minutes..both sides.

Not looking for an OK moment here, just watching makes me think the member of congress like to hear themselves talk, like  soap opera actors reading from scripts at an audition. They just talk and talk and talk and can hardly get one question out in 5 minutes..both sides.
I just turned it on and it has been anything but Corey playing them like a fiddle. He looks like the liar he is. 

I just turned it on and it has been anything but Corey playing them like a fiddle. He looks like the liar he is. 
Nadler got all flustered at the start and it was chaos, the then R guy went on a rant.  All of it looked absurd.  Not sure what he is lying about as he is not really saying anything.

Nadler got all flustered at the start and it was chaos, the then R guy went on a rant.  All of it looked absurd.  Not sure what he is lying about as he is not really saying anything.

As someone (SID?) wrote yesterday - there's no reason for anyone associated with Trump to behave any differently because nobody is going to hold them accountable for that behavior. 

This is a failure of Pelosi and her leadership. (And, obviously, the GOP leadership. But most realistic people have given up on them.)

Lewandowski just committed perjury declaring nobody from the IC contacted the Trump campaign to alert them about Russian interference. 

Also, his excuse for not delivering Trump's message to Sessions because "I went on vacation" is pretty amazing. 

Lewandowski just committed perjury declaring nobody from the IC contacted the Trump campaign to alert them about Russian interference. 

Also, his excuse for not delivering Trump's message to Sessions because "I went on vacation" is pretty amazing. 
Well he is under oath so congress should know if he committed perjury and he should be held in contempt.   I am back at work and can`t watch now.  Did they nail him on it I hope?

He didn't answer a number of questions citing executive privilege which he doesn't have. So I guess this is more exploratory than anything?

So the strategy is call witness after witness, get stonewalled in public view, and not challenge executive privilege? Am I getting that right? I thought the dem sound bytes coming out of the Hope Hicks hearing was she fell right into the trap asserting privilege 150 times? 

So the strategy is call witness after witness, get stonewalled in public view, and not challenge executive privilege? Am I getting that right? I thought the dem sound bytes coming out of the Hope Hicks hearing was she fell right into the trap asserting privilege 150 times? 
They’ve tried to challenging the witnesses with no success because they don’t have the support of the justice department. Part of the reason to open the impeachment inquiry is to gain more leverage in courts to get them to comply.

They’ve tried to challenging the witnesses with no success because they don’t have the support of the justice department. Part of the reason to open the impeachment inquiry is to gain more leverage in courts to get them to comply.
So be made to look impotent repeatedly is necessary to move to an impeachment inquiry? I just think it is a bad look.

As someone (SID?) wrote yesterday - there's no reason for anyone associated with Trump to behave any differently because nobody is going to hold them accountable for that behavior. 

This is a failure of Pelosi and her leadership. (And, obviously, the GOP leadership. But most realistic people have given up on them.)
This is the ultimate issue, though it starts with the Justice Department IMO.  That's not to say Pelosi isn't at fault...she's second in line...1A and 1B if you will.

So be made to look impotent repeatedly is necessary to move to an impeachment inquiry? I just think it is a bad look.
Not necessarily, the impeachment inquiry is to make it easier to stop looking impotent. Normally the justice department would do that but we’re not in normal times.

Five points: 

1. Today, Corey Lewandowski testified that President Trump asked him to pressure Jeff Sessions to call off the Mueller investigation.

2. This is obstruction of justice, which is an impeachable offense.

3. President Trump should be impeached, based on this alone, and removed from office.

4. Democrats will not impeach President Trump, on orders of Nancy Pelosi, because they are afraid of the political consequences. This is an act of cowardice and an abrogation of their constitutional duties.

5. Republicans will not even criticize President Trump, much less consider impeachment, either because they're good with his actions or they are afraid of the political consequences. In either case, their acquiescence is even worse than the cowardice of the Democrats, an abrogation of their constitutional duties, and a permanent black stain on the honor of the Republican party.

If anyone has an issue with any of these 5 points, please state the basis of your disagreement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily, the impeachment inquiry is to make it easier to stop looking impotent. Normally the justice department would do that but we’re not in normal times.
Yeah, I get that. Would you agree there is no need or benefit to having additional Congressional testimony until they take that leap?

Lewandowski confirmed exactly what Nadler was asking as it was written in the Mueller report.  If he was lying, everybody from Nadler to Mueller is also lying.

Nadler was just horribly unprepared and Lewandowski took total advantage of it.  It’s not his job to make Nadler look good.  If Nadler can’t prepare, that’s on him. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If? He admitted lying to the news media. 

He also admitted helping the President commit obstruction of justice. So what if Nadler wasn’t prepared? The main story is that Trump and Lewandowski are criminals. 
Then prove it by convicting Lewandowski and impeaching Trump.  

Users who are viewing this thread