What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The NRCC smear campaign (1 Viewer)

Snorkelson

Footballguy
I live in Michigan, and I’m seeing these commercials lately paid for by the NRCC smearing, in particular, Elissa Slotkin, who was in the news recently for her comments on favoring impeachment during a town hall. 
Slotkin smear

What strikes me about this “ad” is it doesn’t mention any candidate or idea, just says slotkin hasn’t done what she campaigned on, shows her picture in between “the squad,” mentions her support of “endless investigations.” 
I guess it really just confused me, spending money on an ad simply to talk #### about the congresswoman who in my opinion has done a good job, especially without mentioning a candidate. 
Are they running similar ads around the country? Are they out of ideas and just have money and “don’t vote for the other guy?” They aren’t even saying who to vote  for, just not her. 

I live in Michigan, and I’m seeing these commercials lately paid for by the NRCC smearing, in particular, Elissa Slotkin, who was in the news recently for her comments on favoring impeachment during a town hall. 
Slotkin smear

What strikes me about this “ad” is it doesn’t mention any candidate or idea, just says slotkin hasn’t done what she campaigned on, shows her picture in between “the squad,” mentions her support of “endless investigations.” 
I guess it really just confused me, spending money on an ad simply to talk #### about the congresswoman who in my opinion has done a good job, especially without mentioning a candidate. 
Are they running similar ads around the country? Are they out of ideas and just have money and “don’t vote for the other guy?” They aren’t even saying who to vote  for, just not her. 
A big reason for this type of ad is the structure of our campaign finance laws.

The timing couldn't be better. The same day that many Republicans break with Trump over his Syrian pullout. These ads are a waste of money 13 months before the November election. They could backfire if more damaging evidence comes out against Trump. And the Democratic response ad is a stack of bills on McConnell's desk.

Ive seen the Trump ad defending his crap as strong...using all of this to try and attack their opponents and credibility to defend his actions.  They cant win on the facts of what happened ...their only hope is public opinion and they have seem themselves losing that as more comes out.

Desperation

Users who are viewing this thread