What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2019 OFFENSE/DEFENSE CONTEST WEEK 6 (1 Viewer)

Offense

1: Bucs 17

2: Ravens 23

3: Cowboys 31

4: Seahawks 27

5: Texans 53

6: Cardinals

Defense

1: Broncos -24

2: Patriots 0

3: Packers -16

4: Chargers -10

5: Eagles -6

6: Ravens

OFF: Bal
DEF:  Ten

Used:
OFF:  SEA, NE, Dal, LAC, Phi
DEF:  BAL, NE, Dal, LAC, Phi

I hope these choices meet with Deamon’s approval.  

Actually I couldn’t care less.  He’s a great poster but his frustration with this contest and calling players out for it is baffling to me.

+136

Used:  Offense - NO, NE, DAL, LAC, SF        Defense - BAL, NE, DAL, LAC, SF

Week 6 - Falcons (Offense) and Titans (Defense)

Cumulative Score: +92 (going backwards!)

Week 6:

Off:  ATL

Def:  LAC

Previously used:

Off: BAL (59), NE (43), DAL (31), LAR (40), KC (13)

Def: PHI (-27), CLE (-3), NE (-14), DEN (-26), CHI (24)

Spaced on this last week, for what I'm sure won't be the last time this year.

+79

O : SF, PHI, DAL, LAR, - , BAL

D : SEA, CLE, NE, CHI, - , LAC

Last edited by a moderator:
+129

Used

Offense: Detroit, NE, Tampa Bay, LA Rams, SF

Defense: Baltimore, HOU, Dallas, Denver, SF

Week 6

Offense: Baltimore

Defense: LA Chargers

Last edited by a moderator:
+107

Used
O - PHI, BAL, DAL, LAR, KC
D - BAL, NE, DAL, LAC, PHI

This week
O - Atlanta
D - Washington

OFF: Bal
DEF:  Ten

Used:
OFF:  SEA, NE, Dal, LAC, Phi
DEF:  BAL, NE, Dal, LAC, Phi

I hope these choices meet with Deamon’s approval.  

Actually I couldn’t care less.  He’s a great poster but his frustration with this contest and calling players out for it is baffling to me.
Well done! 

Most of it is done in jest... people can pick who they want.  Just seemed cheap having 4 weeks of just predictable easy way out picks.  Just wasn't fun.  Congrats on picking some different teams though!  Cheering for you to do well.

Well done! 

Most of it is done in jest... people can pick who they want.  Just seemed cheap having 4 weeks of just predictable easy way out picks.  Just wasn't fun.  Congrats on picking some different teams though!  Cheering for you to do well.
But that’s just another reason why the “obvious” picks were not the problem you were making them.

If I hadn’t picked NE two weeks ago vs Miami I could have used them tonight against what’s left of the Giants.  Which might prove to be the better place to use them.  Or if I didn’t use LAC against Miami I’d have them now against the Steelers’ 3rd stringer.  

It comes back around, early profit at the risk of future payouts.  I still dont see the “vs Miami” strategy as inherrently superior over the season.

But that’s just another reason why the “obvious” picks were not the problem you were making them.

If I hadn’t picked NE two weeks ago vs Miami I could have used them tonight against what’s left of the Giants.  Which might prove to be the better place to use them.  Or if I didn’t use LAC against Miami I’d have them now against the Steelers’ 3rd stringer.  

It comes back around, early profit at the risk of future payouts.  I still dont see the “vs Miami” strategy as inherrently superior over the season.
Not saying it was always going to be the perfect pick every week.  The point is it lost a lot of the enjoyment out of the contest when everyone just picked the same thing.  Would it be fun to go to a horse track if every one of your buddies just picked the fastest horse every single race and you were having a fun competition vs each other?

Anywayssss... back to the contest.  I do respect your posts and tallying up this contest, and respect you even more for picking 2 different teams this week.

OFFENSE:  NOS, NE, DAL, PIT, KC
DEFENSE:  SEA, NE, CHI,  PIT, PHI

WEEK 5:
OFF:  Baltimore
DEF:  Dallas

Not saying it was always going to be the perfect pick every week.  The point is it lost a lot of the enjoyment out of the contest when everyone just picked the same thing.  Would it be fun to go to a horse track if every one of your buddies just picked the fastest horse every single race and you were having a fun competition vs each other?
arent survivor leagues similarly unenjoyable for the first handful of weeks too? this is nothing new to anything else out there :shrug:

+159

Weeks 1-5:

Offense:  New Orleans, New England, Dallas, Kansas City, Houston

Defense:  Baltimore, New England, Dallas, LA Chargers, Philadelphia

Week #6:

Offense:  Baltimore

Defence:  Washington

Dr. Dan said:
arent survivor leagues similarly unenjoyable for the first handful of weeks too? this is nothing new to anything else out there :shrug:
til ya goof up and pick the Chargers (actually that's usually just me - they have been the bane of my survivor picks for years though the Dolphins proved an unstoppable force of losing this time).

-QG

Used:

Offense: Detroit, NE, Dal, Rams, Philly

Defense: Baltimore, NE, Dal, Chargers, Titans

Week 6:

Offense: Atlanta

Defense: Dolphins!!!!!

Do I get extra credit?

+20 + (33-7) = +46

USED

Offense:  Philly(32)/Cle(23)/Dallas(31)/KC(34)/NE(33)

Defense:  Det(27)/Hou(12)/Dal(6)/LAR(55)/NE(7)

Week 6

Offense: Houston

Defense:LAC

Used O - Philly, Cle, Chi, Dallas, NE

Used D - Sea, Cle, Chi, Pitt, Philly 

Week 6

Offense - Green Bay 

Defense - Green Bay 

Faust manages to retain 1st place despite not submitting an entry this week.  Taunting flag for that, maybe? 

Also a salute to Neil Beaufort Zod, who continues to persevere despite remaining below several folks who have stopped participating.  Keep climbing NBZ!  We believe in you!

Faust  172
cdwood  166
TheWinz  153
kutta  148
Riffraff  143
Dr. Dan  141
IHEARTFF  135
Arodin  131
QuizGuy66  126
ZWK  124
Pip's Invitation  116
Dr. Octopus  114
-OZ-  104
SayWhat?  101
Deamon  99
bro1ncos  83
Mr. Irrelevant  78
Obie Wan  75
Maggot Brain  53
Nugget  44
a_rackowski  31
needanap  31
by_the_sea_wannabe  22
Neil Beaufort Zod  20
Cowboysfan8  12
Utter Chaos  7
valhallan  -1
jdkapow  -6
scoobus  -10

Faust manages to retain 1st place despite not submitting an entry this week.
He panicked on not being able to pick a double-dip vs an awful team.  This confirms my suspicions that Faust is actually a computer, and that type of stress likely fried his motherboard.

Faust manages to retain 1st place despite not submitting an entry this week.  Taunting flag for that, maybe? 

Also a salute to Neil Beaufort Zod, who continues to persevere despite remaining below several folks who have stopped participating.  Keep climbing NBZ!  We believe in you!
I'm actually playing my own game where I do not select any team playing Miami. I think I'm in first place....

Users who are viewing this thread