What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Progressive Insurance Sucks (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
Well, they all do, really.  Car insurance companies are a sham. 

So when I hit the deer, I used their app to submit my claim.  I did it about 10 minutes after hitting the deer.  That was at about 7:45am.  The next morning, I still had not heard anything from them, so I called.  After finally getting through to someone, he seemed bothered that I was calling him.  And he told me "Somebody SHOULD have called you", like it was MY fault for not getting a call.  He set up where to take my car and that was it.  That was the last time I heard from them.  The rental car company called and told me that my insurance was stopping the rental car on a certain day.  A short while after, the body shop called to say the car would be done that day.  No one ever called me or bothered to check with me the entire process.  It's also important to point out that I've been with them for 11 years and have the Diamond level status.  The highest you can get.  The only thing I got from them was a survey asking how well they did.  I answered everything with Extremely Dissatisfied and then in the notes said than no one ever talked with me so it was hard to give them advice on how to make things better.  

I have not heard back from them about the survey as of yet, either.  That was a week ago.  Sadly, this isn't the first time this has happened.  I was rear ended a couple years ago, and they didn't bother contacting me until they called me to say there wasn't enough evidence to prove that I wasn't at fault for being rear ended in rush hour traffic on an Interstate.   :confused:   They said they couldn't prove the other driver hit me because they tried calling him but he wouldn't return the phone calls.  Like, WTF?  Luckily I ended up taking pictures of the guy's license after the accident so I was able to send that to his insurance company and they admitted fault.  But my insurance company did NOTHING to help me.  

Honestly, I'll probably dump them for another insurance company now.  I'd been keeping them because I get two accident forgiveness' a year or something.  But I don't feel like giving them money anymore.  I know whoever I go to will be just as bad.  I left Allstate 11 years ago because they were terrible, too.  They cancelled my insurance for non-payment but then tried to give me a check back with the payment they said I missed.  I said, you have the payment in your hand and your saying you never got it?  They said, "We realize it was our mistake now, but we didn't at the time."  When we asked them to reinstate me they literally said, "We have the option to do that, but at this time, we choose not to because that would admit that we were at fault."  It was a local agent who didn't want to admit to his higher ups that he had messed up.  It was insane.  

So, anyway.  Everyone loves to talk about how we need to go after Big Pharma.  But honestly, I'd vote for any presidential candidate who'd go after these crappy insurance companies.  :angry:

All insurance companies suck. They want to collect premiums and hold on to their cash as long as they can. I will get a message from our health care provider once or twice a year asking me to call them with the threat that they won't pay anything until I call. I call and a robot answers with one question: Do I have any other health insurance. The answer is NO! Just like the last 5 years. Ridiculous that they can keep asking me that over and over every year and threaten to withhold processing claims until I call back their computer system.

I deal with insurance companies all the time.   From the insured's perspective, USAA is by far the best.  Allstate is pretty good (I've had Allstate for about 10 years with no complaints and 3 auto claims).  Progressive, Farmer's and State Farm all suck.   

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard State Farm sucks from those who have them.

I'm pretty sure Progressive is the insurance a fella gets when nobody else will insure them (drunks and deadbeats).

I had Progressive years ago due to various issues my kids had (minor fender benders, accidents, etc).  I only retained them due to the cost....  The one time I needed them, I had to go to their concierge service location for the repair.  I got into it with one of their adjusters.  Very unprofessional on their part, IMO.  As soon as I could leave them I did.  I am with MetLife now and so far so good....

I have been with Erie Insurance company for 30 years now for both home and auto insurance.  I have had 2 cars totaled (I was run into twice), 3 cars suffer hail damage, wifey was in an accident where an uninsured teenager ran into her car, hail damage to our home (roof and interior damage) and earlier this year some giant chunk of metal fell off a truck and took out my headlight, did bumper damage, hood damage, windshield had to be replaced, etc.  

Erie has been nothing short of amazing.  I take the cars where I choose, they take care of everything, no arguments, nothing.  Honestly, I have never had a claim denied, no random increases, across the board amazing.  No I don't work for them but yes I do endorse them, they're pretty outstanding in my anecdotal experience.

To be fair to Progressive, they've never raised my rates or anything like that.  For getting work done, they're great at that.  My biggest issue is they have zero customer service.  And they don't seem all that helpful in fighting for my rights.  That was hugely surprising in my last accident.  And they didn't even seem to care when I told them I was disappointed.  But in this day and age, I've dealt with a lot of big companies who don't care if you like them or not because they all know if everyone sucks, you don't really have much choice to leave them.  They just have to do the bare minimum.  

I forget who my wife has, but we've been talking about joining them together for a while now.  And with the daughter about to get a license, no time than the better to combine into one.  

And for what it's worth, with Allstate, my father had them since I was a kid.  He had his house and all his cars through them as well as all of our cars through the same agent.  We were with that agent for 30+ years.  He retired and handed off the business to someone else.  And the incident I talked about with my check happened a year later.  After they refused to admit guilt, my dad said he'd pull all of their insurance to somebody else.  And they guy said, "That's fine."  I've seen my dad mad very few times in my life that didn't involve sports or me only mowing half the yard to go play with friends.  This was one of those times.

I have Geico and love them. Had a car accident in 2007 and 2014. 15 min claim process, and I did nothing else. They delt with other carrier, rental place, and autobody shop. As I type this, I see that I am due for another crash in 2021.

I have GEICO and they have treated me very well over the years with numerous accidents. I did have to fight with them over repayment of a deductible caused when another driver rear ended me and he made up some story about a driver behind him hitting his car into mine. I have a thread about it. They caved and paid me the $500.

I've only dealt with an accident once with Progressive, but when I did, they were very good. They have their own repair shop. So I just took it there, dropped off my car. They had rental cars available there also. A few days later, I got a call that the car was ready. I went, picked it up, and dropped off the rental.

Very easy. Very good repairs. Great job Progressive.

I've only dealt with an accident once with Progressive, but when I did, they were very good. They have their own repair shop. So I just took it there, dropped off my car. They had rental cars available there also. A few days later, I got a call that the car was ready. I went, picked it up, and dropped off the rental.

Very easy. Very good repairs. Great job Progressive.
They got rid of their own repair shops. 

Probably depends on everyone's person experience, but I have had good luck with State Farm.  They can be a pain to deal with, but the bottom line outcome has always been good.

I've had two cars totaled (neither our fault), and they paid more than generous settlements for both.  The last was an old Lexus ES300 (2002) I bought from my dad four years ago for $3000.  Some kid backed in to it in a parking lot a month ago, and even though it was driveable, it was totaled.  They paid me $4700 for it.  I'll take it.

I deal with insurance companies all the time.   From the insured's perspective, USAA is by far the best.  Allstate is pretty good (I've had Allstate for about 10 years with no complaints and 3 auto claims).  Progressive, Farmer's and State Farm all suck.   
Progressive is horrible.  My daughter had nothing but problems with them.  One claim in 3 years and they fought her tooth and nail on everything.  as soon as her vehicle was repaired she left them.

I go through AAA for whatever the competitive rate du jour is. Florida is a no-fault state so I’m screwed no matter what. 

ETA: I had Progressive for a year and they jacked my annual rate ~$400. No accidents or anything. They are not good. 

My son was hit by a driver who had Progressive a few years ago and it was resolved pretty smoothly.

Because of that experience and low rates. I switched to them for me last year. About 8 months ago my car was totalled. That went fairly smoothly too, though the other driver (he was at fault) also had Progressive, which may have made it easier.

My son was hit by a driver who had Progressive a few years ago and it was resolved pretty smoothly.

Because of that experience and low rates. I switched to them for me last year. About 8 months ago my car was totalled. That went fairly smoothly too, though the other driver (he was at fault) also had Progressive, which may have made it easier.
That's a big misconception.  When you get in an accident, you don't want matching insurance companies.  Because they will try to figure out a way to get both to pay.  Progressive won't try to go after themselves, so they will instead try to figure out a way to say both were at fault.

We have Traveler's insurance for everything and they have been nothing but great for us. Have had multiple claims for car & home and they have always been great to us. Replaced my entire first floor last year because of a water line leak :thumbup:

That's a big misconception.  When you get in an accident, you don't want matching insurance companies.  Because they will try to figure out a way to get both to pay.  Progressive won't try to go after themselves, so they will instead try to figure out a way to say both were at fault.
i had the exact opposite experience of this.....  not Progressive

Ditto on both accounts. 
Yep, USAA FTW.  I do have some policies in FL like watercraft that USAA won't write directly.  But they do own a Progressive agency and resell that.  My only claim experience with Progressive through USAA was flawless when our Waverunners got thrashed by Irma.

Well, they all do, really.  Car insurance companies are a sham. 

So when I hit the deer, I used their app to submit my claim.  I did it about 10 minutes after hitting the deer.  That was at about 7:45am.  The next morning, I still had not heard anything from them, so I called.  After finally getting through to someone, he seemed bothered that I was calling him.  And he told me "Somebody SHOULD have called you", like it was MY fault for not getting a call.  He set up where to take my car and that was it.  That was the last time I heard from them.  The rental car company called and told me that my insurance was stopping the rental car on a certain day.  A short while after, the body shop called to say the car would be done that day.  No one ever called me or bothered to check with me the entire process.  It's also important to point out that I've been with them for 11 years and have the Diamond level status.  The highest you can get.  The only thing I got from them was a survey asking how well they did.  I answered everything with Extremely Dissatisfied and then in the notes said than no one ever talked with me so it was hard to give them advice on how to make things better.  

I have not heard back from them about the survey as of yet, either.  That was a week ago.  Sadly, this isn't the first time this has happened.  I was rear ended a couple years ago, and they didn't bother contacting me until they called me to say there wasn't enough evidence to prove that I wasn't at fault for being rear ended in rush hour traffic on an Interstate.   :confused:   They said they couldn't prove the other driver hit me because they tried calling him but he wouldn't return the phone calls.  Like, WTF?  Luckily I ended up taking pictures of the guy's license after the accident so I was able to send that to his insurance company and they admitted fault.  But my insurance company did NOTHING to help me.  

Honestly, I'll probably dump them for another insurance company now.  I'd been keeping them because I get two accident forgiveness' a year or something.  But I don't feel like giving them money anymore.  I know whoever I go to will be just as bad.  I left Allstate 11 years ago because they were terrible, too.  They cancelled my insurance for non-payment but then tried to give me a check back with the payment they said I missed.  I said, you have the payment in your hand and your saying you never got it?  They said, "We realize it was our mistake now, but we didn't at the time."  When we asked them to reinstate me they literally said, "We have the option to do that, but at this time, we choose not to because that would admit that we were at fault."  It was a local agent who didn't want to admit to his higher ups that he had messed up.  It was insane.  

So, anyway.  Everyone loves to talk about how we need to go after Big Pharma.  But honestly, I'd vote for any presidential candidate who'd go after these crappy insurance companies.  :angry:
Filing a complaint with your state's department of insurance will be a lot more productive than complaining about it here.

This is what happened to me in the claim I mentioned above. Other driver also had Geico so they didn't fight for me to get my deductible back.

I can see how that could be.

Maybe it didn't really factor in at all since the other guy was totally at fault (out of control, crossed into my lane - I barely avoided a head on).

This is what happened to me in the claim I mentioned above. Other driver also had Geico so they didn't fight for me to get my deductible back.
I have NJM and when I got hit they didn't even make me pay my deductible since the other driver had the same.   : winning:

Users who are viewing this thread