What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daughters Apartment - Water in her bedroom from rain - what to do (1 Viewer)

I dont know why you would just leave a throw rug wet on the floor. It sounds like that is it?

Mop up the water.
Need @b-snatchers to clarify but I got the impression that it was a throw rug on top of carpet, and it's both the throw rug and the underlying carpet that's wet.

@b-snatchers , what was the day that she first noticed the water coming into her bedroom? Has this been sitting a week already, or are we like 48 hours in?
Large throw rug on top of tile in her bedroom.
She noticed the water when she woke up after a rainstorm and immediately called maintenance and had to go to work

She noticed the water when she woke up after a rainstorm and immediately called maintenance and had to go to work
Ah, that sucked out loud. Best you can do in that situation is pick up the rug and get it outside, then throw down towels and old clothes to soak up water from the tile until you can get back. But that's water under the bridge now (ba-doom CHHHH).

To me, it's easier to deal with the immediate aftermath of water intrusion on tile than on carpet (no forever-wet carpet pad!) but it still needs to be dealt with, obviously.

Ah, that sucked out loud. Best you can do in that situation is pick up the rug and get it outside, then throw down towels and old clothes to soak up water from the tile until you can get back. But that's water under the bridge now (ba-doom CHHHH).

To me, it's easier to deal with the immediate aftermath of water intrusion on tile than on carpet (no forever-wet carpet pad!) but it still needs to be dealt with, obviously.
I would just add check on the floor board/drywall. If moisture, then I would run a fan at least if not an air mover on it for a while. Otherwise, from what I am understanding, shouldn't be a big deal.

If Doug B doesn't work in the remediation industry than he's missing an opportunity.
I've had to take the opposite tack from DA RAIDERS in my own home more than once -- that is, I've had to do light mold remediation on my own home myself. One time in advance of a professional home inspection that was going to specifically pass/fail a self-remediated bathroom for remaining contamination. My remediation job passed -- though the mold inspector did hook me up a good bit by first coming out as I was set to start the work -- recommending where to start, subtle things to look for, helpful products, etc.
The agent orange paint I used was fool proof. And so poisonous. 😂

So here it an update - thanks for all who replied.
Just to give a quick recap
1) Daughters room got water in it - called maintenance and they came up and clean a vent (or something) outside and said that was the cause. The next day they finally brought over air mover over it to dry it out.
2) The maintenance people also brought over a pump which was missing from the utility closet which is used to pump the water coming from the dehunidifer. My daughter called this in in October saying the closet was filled with water but nothing was done until the other day, Was pump was installed water went away but looks like we now found mold in the closet which I showed in an earlier post
3) Daughter called maintenance again (she says that landlord sees all these requests) saying she is seeing mold in closet and asked them to come out to look at it.

So far, hasn't hear back from maintenance or landlord yet

The suggestion from most was to not do it yourself its up to landlord, so here is my recommendation to her:

- call landlord and make sure he got message about mold in the closet. Give him a couple of days.
- if no response, call him again and tell him you are getting mold remediation company to access and she will deduct cost from next months rent

Does this make sense?

Can the board of health look into this as well and access?

I don't want it to get to that but wanted to make sure we had a plan.

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread