What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2019 OFFENSE/DEFENSE CONTEST PLAYOFF EDITION*** WEEK 2! (1 Viewer)

Deamon

Footballguy
Link to Playoffs Week 1

Well that was an interesting week 1.  On to Week 2, here are the standings tabulated by Arodin.   Everyone is still very much alive.  Remember, can't use the same team again this round.

TheWinz  11
Arodin  7
ZWK  3
-OZ-  3
Pip's Invitation  1
Deamon  1
Neil Beaufort Zod  0
IHEARTFF  -2
Dr. Dan  -2
QuizGuy66  -2
Dr. Octopus  -3
Riffraff  -10
kutta  -13

I'll start it off:

Used: 
Off:  NOS,
Def:  HOU,

W2:  (Doing what I hate, but limited options in playoffs)
Off:  KCC
Def:  KCC

Used

O - NO
D - PHI

This Week

O - Kansas City Chiefs
D - San Francisco 49ers

Used:

Off:  NO

Def:  Tenn

This Week:

Off:  KC

Def:  SF

So far every poster going KC on offense.  May not see a ton of movement this week...  I’m glad Winz and I are differentiated.  Something to root for!

Well, my brilliant Philly offense pick sure backfired...

Week 2:

Offense: KC

Defense: Baltimore 

I'll start it off:

Used: 
Off:  NOS,
Def:  HOU,

W2:  (Doing what I hate, but limited options in playoffs)
Off:  KCC
Def:  KCC
Well, #### me.

EDT:  Well maybe it won't be so bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry @Arodin, got excited to see how it was looking.

-OZ-  3 (+51 - Seattle's points scored) = 54 minus Seattles  points scored tonight

Arodin  7 (+41) = 48
ZWK  3 (+41) = 44
Neil Beaufort Zod  0 (+41) = 41
Dr. Dan  -2 (+41) = 39
TheWinz  11 (+23) = 34
Pip's Invitation  1 (+23) = 24
Deamon  1 (+20) = 21
Riffraff  -10 (+23) = 13
kutta  -13 (+23) = 10
QuizGuy66  -2 (+2) = 0
Dr. Octopus  -3 (+0) = -3
IHEARTFF  -2 (-16) = -18

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it definitely looks like the KC offense was the right chalk play, barring a ludicrous explosion in the second half tonight...the two participants who went contrarian with Baltimore took a major tumble in the standings.

I agree with Deamon’s numbers, aside from a math error figuring TheWinz’ total (raw numbers are correct).  Hoping the Seahawks can lut up a TD or two the rest of the way.

Well, it definitely looks like the KC offense was the right chalk play, barring a ludicrous explosion in the second half tonight...the two participants who went contrarian with Baltimore took a major tumble in the standings.

I agree with Deamon’s numbers, aside from a math error figuring TheWinz’ total (raw numbers are correct).  Hoping the Seahawks can lut up a TD or two the rest of the way.
Ah yes, that should be +34... good catch!  No clue how I did that.

Fixed it now.

Thanks Deamon for the early update!  Nice to have.

Alas for -OZ-, Green Bay's defense softened late and he took a plunge in the standings. 

The KC/SF combo proved to be a big winner, as all 4 players choosing it now hold the top 4 spots in the standings.  Also of note...all four picked a different defense in week 1 (Tenn, Phi, NE and Buf), only one of which has survived, and all had the NO offense, so there's plenty of opportunity for differentiation next week.

Arodin  48
ZWK  44
Neil Beaufort Zod  41
Dr. Dan  39
TheWinz  34
-OZ-  31
Pip's Invitation  24
Deamon  21
Riffraff  13
kutta  10
QuizGuy66  0
Dr. Octopus  -3