What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (3 Viewers)

I wanted Jefferson but only from name recognition I haven’t followed closely enough to be upset about the pick. He seems to be exactly what we need to stretch the field, last year was brutal without a deep threat and clearly DJax is unreliable. Makes sense and I don’t know enough about the players or if there were legit trade options to be upset we didn’t get Lamb. Thought Cowboys had other more important needs, maybe they are still mad we stole their Dallas a couple years back. 

As for Lamb, I'd rather take OL/DL or any defensive player in round 1. ALWAYS. The only time you ever take a skill position in the first is if you really think he's destined to be the next Moss or Rice.  

I don't watch a lot of college and as the years go by the more and more unfamiliar these guys names are to me. I dont know anything about Lamb to gloat. Looked kinda slow to me if I'm honest. 

Last edited by a moderator:
As for Lamb, I'd rather take OL/DL or any defensive player in round 1. ALWAYS. The only time you ever take a skill position in the first is if you really think he's destined to be the next Moss or Rice.  

I don't watch a lot of college and as the years go by the more and more unfamiliar these guys names are to me. I dont know anything about Lamb to gloat. Looked kinda slow to me if I'm honest. 
hes good.  but the real question and it is for reagor as well is how good are they vs decent defenses?  That conference is absolute trash at defense.  you cant teach speed though.

reagor is amazing returning punts/  hes strong and also has a nice vertical for his size. That qb they ran out this year was terrible.  If you look at his first two years you can see he was on a great upward trend.  Im warming up to the pick.  i bet they had ruggs, reagor, and aiyuk pretty close. 

he needs work though.  apparently he took plays off and not always was a willing blocker.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching tape of all the rookie WR’s and we have no excuse for not getting Jalen Reagor in this draft. This kid looks like he’s going to be amazing. 
I’m sticking to this 👍 

Even if all cant agree on the player, we can be glad we got a WR. At this point I’m more concerned with whether we can coach him up or not but I’m very excited they gave Carson a weapon. 

it honestly doesn't make sense. Why pay Zeke all that money, are they now a pass first team? getting some help on the OL fit more of their offense
A friend of mine who’s a Dallas fan echoed this as well. I don’t follow them closely enough but he mentioned them needing a lot more than WR. He thought they should have went OL, Edge or DB. 

he ran a 4.50. and i really totally agree, like i mentioned above, why pay Zeke all that money now? should have saved it, gave some to Dak, and just change their offensive mindset. taking best player available is fine, but it doesn't help with needs of a team

I'd rather get my QB talent that played against actual defenses. Not a bunch of backyard defenses which is the big 12 I don't trust Big 12 players at all 
Wonder what you said about the competition Carson Wentz faces in college, coming out as a prospect. One draft pick in. 7 left. I think we need to all relax a bit. 

Just as I suspected, I can't listen to local sports radio this morning. I've tried both, can't do it. LOL. Especially the Cuz, I was out after about 30 seconds.
I imagine it's as insufferable as Twitter right now. 

One nice thing about the lockdown is I'm in the car less. So I don't really listen to sports radio anymore. 

After a night of sleeping on it, here's where I'm at:

• I don't see this pick as a reach, at all. If Jefferson, and even Aiyuk, weren't still there you might be able to make a case that we panicked and took a guy way too early just to get a guy. But they were on the board, and we passed on them, and they were guys other teams couldn't wait to grab. So, clearly, we had him graded higher or as a better fit than other 1st round WRs. Whether that is wrong or right, is what we have to see play out. 

• Howie's company line for not trading up is that the cost was too high and, reading between the lines, that because of fit and skills the grades between Reagor and Lamb wasn't wide enough to justify the cost. How the rest of the draft goes, as far as how they use the resources they decided to hold onto, will play a part in judging what they did.

• On the route running knocks, I'm at the point where if this is a guy who can stay healthy for the next 5 years, only run a "Go" route and not drop easy catches (#UnlikeAgholor), I'll feel like he was worth it. That's something our offense has not had since the first time we had DJax.

• I must be in the minority, but I've never set foot in another team's official thread to post. Maybe to check for some FFB info on a player of the team, but I've got zero interest in talking about what other teams are doing, let alone have a desire to trash talk or taunt. Maybe it's a fanbase-specific thing? Eagles fans are so engaged there's plenty to keep us busy, whereas other teams/fans don't have the same thing so they're looking for other ways to keep busy. :shrug:

listening to the Birds with Friends podcast, it sounds like the post draft press conference was a bad sign.  :scared: . Definitely sounded like Doug may not be pumped about the WR they got

I imagine it's as insufferable as Twitter right now. 

One nice thing about the lockdown is I'm in the car less. So I don't really listen to sports radio anymore. 
The comments sections are pretty but overall the breakdowns and articles Ive come across have mainly been positive.

Targets for today?

Gladney

Mims

McKinney

Cushenberry

Some pipe dreams...
Hope 53 we can get Shenault, Dugger or Chinn

If we don't go WR in the second I hope we can get Edwards in the 3rd

Terpman22 said:
Man I am gunshy on Shenault and the recurring core muscle surgery. But man, a healthy version of him (2018 version) + Reagor would be fun to watch develop. 
That and his overall body of work as a WR worry me.  My thought with him is that he can be used in many of the same ways he was used in college.  We can run a lot of bubbles with him, get him some runs while working him in as a WR.  Getting him after Reagor gives us some flexibility with him.

That and his overall body of work as a WR worry me.  My thought with him is that he can be used in many of the same ways he was used in college.  We can run a lot of bubbles with him, get him some runs while working him in as a WR.  Getting him after Reagor gives us some flexibility with him.
Yeah that is really the main worry. Shouldn't have to "get creative" to get a guy the ball. Just screams Cordarelle Patterson too much. But man, just do whatever we have to to keep Higgins off this team. 

Terpman22 said:
Targets for today?

Gladney

Mims

McKinney

Cushenberry

Some pipe dreams...
Gross-Matus or Epenesa might be  lot of fun too. Adding one of the top DE prospects could make the DL absolutely nasty.

wouldn't mind Dugger at Safety either. 

Still on the Shenault train, and i could be talked into Higgins. 

picks that would make me frown:

Pittman, 

wouldn't mind Dugger at Safety either. 
The measurables all seem great with him but we have a need there too.  His school and level of competition might make people's head explode though lol

Yeah that is really the main worry. Shouldn't have to "get creative" to get a guy the ball. Just screams Cordarelle Patterson too much. But man, just do whatever we have to to keep Higgins off this team. 
Wentz, Sanders, Ertz, Goedert, Jackson, Raegor, Ward. and JJAW....the only think missing from that group is a Patterson type.  He'd add a whole new dimension and if you add his speed with Jackson and Reagor the middle of the field is wide open as are the running lanes.

The measurables all seem great with him but we have a need there too.  His school and level of competition might make people's head explode though lol

Wentz, Sanders, Ertz, Goedert, Jackson, Raegor, Ward. and JJAW....the only think missing from that group is a Patterson type.  He'd add a whole new dimension and if you add his speed with Jackson and Reagor the middle of the field is wide open as are the running lanes.
To each their own, all those players listed are actual bonafide quality players at their position. 

Patterson is not, with a career high of 469 yards receiving, his rookie year. Desean turns 34 this year. I need another WR first, gadget play 2nd type of guy. 

Denzel Mims is who i would LOVE here. 

I want to like the Reagor pick.  I think the guy has real potential.  My only real gripe is that, based on what a lot of people are saying, they could have moved back to get Reagor.  The complaint isn't about the talent....it's about the maximizing of resources.  That being said, I can't fault Howie if he went above and beyond to try and make a move.....but seeing as how quickly SD moved up.....I don't know. 

To each their own, all those players listed are actual bonafide quality players at their position. 

Patterson is not, with a career high of 469 yards receiving, his rookie year. Desean turns 34 this year. I need another WR first, gadget play 2nd type of guy. 

Denzel Mims is who i would LOVE here. 
Yeah...I don't like Doug talking about how Reagor will help on Special Teams.  I don't want to hear that that was a deciding factor in regards to taking him.  I want him to be so valuable so quickly that they don't want to use him on Special Teams except in the most important of circumstances.  

I want to like the Reagor pick.  I think the guy has real potential.  My only real gripe is that, based on what a lot of people are saying, they could have moved back to get Reagor.  The complaint isn't about the talent....it's about the maximizing of resources.  That being said, I can't fault Howie if he went above and beyond to try and make a move.....but seeing as how quickly SD moved up.....I don't know. 
Saints were going to take Reagor at 24. We got him at 21. Narrow window for a trade back if this is true. Just to maybe get back a 5th/6th this year. And you need a partner to dance. Howie, whatever you think about him, is pretty good at calculating risk. Don't think it would be worth it in this scenario, assuming the Saints news to be true. 

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
This guy is so awful. Every time he posted in your thread I wanted to punch him in the face. 

He is the "typical Cowboys fan" that you and I despise. 

FBG Moderator said:
Be way more cool if you come back
Ah, damn!  For once he was actually being nice and sticking up for us against a troll!

New Orleans put in a lot of work scouting him up and meeting with him, and I read they had a lot of interest in him at 25. I don't think he would have lasted much longer, certainly not until 53. But, we'll never know.

Obviously, the Eagles felt like he was a good fit... a good enough fit they didn't want to take a chance on getting cute and missing out on him. Whether they tried to trade back and couldn't, or they just had him rated as, at least, the 4th best WR on their board. Just because a guy gets mocked to go 2nd round doesn't mean that's how it will actually play out.

Can't this same logic be applied to every pick though?  Couldn't the Bengals have maximized their value by trading back to 2 or 3 or 4? Chargers could have done the same.  Giants could have dealt back if that was their OL all along. etc. You can do this with nearly every pick, every year.  

Even if I didn't want him there, seeing WR's go after and seeing what SF gave up for one convinced me we did the right thing by staying put.  It was just wide open after the top 3, so just get your guy and don't get to cute.

Saints were going to take Reagor at 24. We got him at 21. Narrow window for a trade back if this is true. Just to maybe get back a 5th/6th this year. And you need a partner to dance. Howie, whatever you think about him, is pretty good at calculating risk. Don't think it would be worth it in this scenario, assuming the Saints news to be true. 
Fair point...especially if the Saints were interested. I didn't see that. 

Interesting.  If true then it make me feel a bit better about it.  I think for most of us, what we do tonight is going to really be the make or break on how we feel about the pick.

Can't this same logic be applied to every pick though?  Couldn't the Bengals have maximized their value by trading back to 2 or 3 or 4? Chargers could have done the same.  Giants could have dealt back if that was their OL all along. etc. You can do this with nearly every pick, every year.  

Even if I didn't want him there, seeing WR's go after and seeing what SF gave up for one convinced me we did the right thing by staying put.  It was just wide open after the top 3, so just get your guy and don't get to cute.
To a degree, I think that's what the best teams do though.   Does it require a bit of poker playing?  Sure.....but I think it's an important part of drafting. 

Interesting.  If true then it make me feel a bit better about it.  I think for most of us, what we do tonight is going to really be the make or break on how we feel about the pick.
A million percent this.  Howie HAS to get a few more contributors today and this weekend.

I know we need the obvious still with WR, DB and Lber but if your top RB is there at 53 they better consider it.  Pairing Taylor or even Swift with Sanders would be sick

And I must have missed the part about Doug not being happy.  When they showed Howie and him on the phone Doug was all smiles when the pick came in.  Or maybe Howie was telling jokes or something lol

I wonder how much Carson is involved in the decision.  I know Howie said the 'right answer' when they asked him this a few days before the draft, and every GM seems to say the same thing, but I wonder if there's more to it than that and if Carson was like "get me a guy with speed, I really like Reagor".

We took Goedert who Carson was a huge fan of, last year it appears we were trying to get Easton Stick in round 5, and now a guy that might make things easier on Carson more than other WR's is taken possibly too high.  I bet he is in their ear more than we think.

Users who are viewing this thread