What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 Philadelphia Eagles - Complete waste of a season finally comes to an end. (1 Viewer)

I'm starting think Djax was right. We're watching Hurts turn in to Wentz before our eyes. Should have never paid him.
Also he runs around like there’s pressure when there’s not. Has to be some mental thing
I mean he was worlds better last year and earlier. He's regressed. It's not like he didn't improve - he did, he used to make good throws, beat the blitz. Then - whatever this is happened.

“So just so we are clear:
🏈 The issues are with Nick Sirianni per Tim McManus
🏈 The issues are with Jalen Hurts per the Philadelphia Inquirer
🏈 The issues are with Brian Johnson per MLFootball

Glad we cleared that up and everyone is focused on winning the game instead of pre-setting the narrative for when they lose.

Hearing all the stories come out after this season is going to be wild”

I memed it for you.
Perfect! And who knows but usually where there’s smoke there’s fire.

Last year both sides of the ball functioned at a high level and now they don’t. Only difference is the OC and DC so that where I’m laying my bets

Other difference is key guys are older and we lost key guys and failed to adequately replace them.

Are the Cordinators putting guys in bad positions? Probably but at the same time we failed in player personnel acquisitions.
What you are saying with these coordinators is 90% of this teams issues.

They also failed to replace guys on defense. Losing CJ and Edward’s and White were bigger than people think. Both slay and Bradberry should have either been replaced or kept 1 not both. The essential kept bradberry over keeping CJ.

Failed to get an adequate #3 wR and get a RB to compliment Swift as well as upgrade TE2.

They kept relying on older guys and it finally caught up to them finally. Cordinators are an issue but so is some of the personnel.
90% coaches and 10% personnel.

Bradberry over CJGJ or Edwards was a big miss for sure.

People love to lean on the age even when the younger guys look worse too. Guys like Milton Williams or Sweat looked to be taking the next steps to being good to great players and took huge steps back.

You’ll see how much different this team is next year if we get quality coordinators

Glad we cleared that up and everyone is focused on winning the game instead of pre-setting the narrative for when they lose.

I memed it for you.

Last year both sides of the ball functioned at a high level and now they don’t. Only difference is the OC and DC so that where I’m laying my bets

Other difference is key guys are older and we lost key guys and failed to adequately replace them.

Are the Cordinators putting guys in bad positions? Probably but at the same time we failed in player personnel acquisitions.

They also failed to replace guys on defense. Losing CJ and Edward’s and White were bigger than people think. Both slay and Bradberry should have either been replaced or kept 1 not both. The essential kept bradberry over keeping CJ.

Failed to get an adequate #3 wR and get a RB to compliment Swift as well as upgrade TE2.

They kept relying on older guys and it finally caught up to them finally. Cordinators are an issue but so is some of the personnel.

People love to lean on the age even when the younger guys look worse too. Guys like Milton Williams or Sweat looked to be taking the next steps to being good to great players and took huge steps back.

You’ll see how much different this team is next year if we get quality coordinators

And if it’s more of the same then what?

I memed it for you.

Depends, right? If guys like Kelce or Lane retire that’s an issue for sure. The coaching is so much worse this year compared to last.

Howie has to realize that you can win in this league with younger players if the coaching is there. We can’t keep “bringing the band back” after successful years. They (Lurie and Howie) HAVE to adjust there.

Won’t be shocked if Nick is fired at this point. Just embarassing football. Zero effort out there.

People are definately losing jobs because of this. Defense got worse with Matt “I looked good because of Cheating Bill” Patricia there then Desia.

Lurie looks pissed going into the locker room. This team was who they are. They won a few more games then they had business winning do to talent on the roster.

I memed it for you.

Depends, right? If guys like Kelce or Lane retire that’s an issue for sure. The coaching is so much worse this year compared to last.

Howie has to realize that you can win in this league with younger players if the coaching is there. We can’t keep “bringing the band back” after successful years. They (Lurie and Howie) HAVE to adjust there.
Idk if that was even the plan. He pivoted once CJGJ didn't resign. He should have let all of them walk and took the hit this year with young guys.

Can you imagine how many points that Lions offense would have put up on us next week!?

We are now drafting 22nd.

Won’t be shocked if Nick is fired at this point. Just embarassing football. Zero effort out there.

People are definately losing jobs because of this. Defense got worse with Matt “I looked good because of Cheating Bill” Patricia there then Desia.

Lurie looks pissed going into the locker room. This team was who they are. They won a few more games then they had business winning do to talent on the roster.

If you’re parting with the OC and DC the case can be made for him to go.

Either get the play caller HC you want (Johnson) or one of the other greats out there to stabilize.

I memed it for you.

Idk if that was even the plan. He pivoted once CJGJ didn't resign. He should have let all of them walk and took the hit this year with young guys.
Maybe but CJGJ was still young enough and really liked by teammates and coaches. I think both parties missed a great oppurtunity. You don’t also waste a draft asset on Byard who doesn’t seem to have done any better then who he replaced this year. I wasn’t expecting all pro Byard but I was expecting a more complent of a safety

I memed it for you.

Maybe but CJGJ was still young enough and really liked by teammates and coaches. I think both parties missed a great oppurtunity. You don’t also waste a draft asset on Byard who doesn’t seem to have done any better then who he replaced this year. I wasn’t expecting all pro Byard but I was expecting a more complent of a safety
He wasn’t really liked by players and coaches and Byard sucked.

Either get the play caller HC you want (Johnson) or one of the other greats out there to stabilize.
I think Lurie gives Nick the Pederson treatment. Tells him fire the OC and DC have some capable replacements. If not you’re fine too

I think Lurie gives Nick the Pederson treatment. Tells him fire the OC and DC have some capable replacements. If not you’re fine too

OC and DC have to be gone. Can Howie land quality coaches to replace him?

Eyes are on Howie now for sure.l

Yep and I think Lurie hopes Nick says no so he can clear house.

I can not believe how fast this happened. But Nick is out classed in coaching to often.

Love the guy but he has to go.

I can not believe how fast this happened. But Nick is out classed in coaching to often.

I don’t think he’s a bad HC. He knows the game and players like him. With that said, if you’ve gonna clean house the case can be made for him to go for a play calling HC or one of the good or great ones out there.

A guy like Belichick will have a great staff and a lot of talent is already in place. Vrabel and even Harbaugh there as well.

I don’t think he’s a bad HC. He knows the game and players like him. With that said, if you’ve gonna clean house the case can be made for him to go for a play calling HC or one of the good or great ones out there.

A guy like Belichick will have a great staff and a lot of talent is already in place. Vrabel and even Harbaugh there as well.
Ya I'm torn on it. I like Nick, and think he's a good coach, but what if we hire co-ordinators that aren't good again? Is he still going to sit back and not make adjustments?

The coaching candidates are PLENTIFUL this year... next year likely won't be as good.

As of now I think we would be a fairly attractive spot for a coach to choose. If we are so bad next year that we fire Nick, I'm not sure we will be as attractive to coaches.

I say we just do it now.

Ya I'm torn on it. I like Nick, and think he's a good coach, but what if we hire co-ordinators that aren't good again? Is he still going to sit back and not make adjustments?

The coaching candidates are PLENTIFUL this year... next year likely won't be as good.

As of now I think we would be a fairly attractive spot for a coach to choose. If we are so bad next year that we fire Nick, I'm not sure we will be as attractive to coaches.

I say we just do it now.

This would have to be where every coach would prefer for the most part.

Lane just interviewed.

Interviewer: "Why do you think some of those issues weren't corrected this year?"

Lane: "IDK it's like we weren't trying."

He also said he’s gonna finish strong and has “a few good years left”. So that’s good.

I say we just do it now.

This would have to be where every coach would prefer for the most part.

Lane just interviewed.

Interviewer: "Why do you think some of those issues weren't corrected this year?"

Lane: "IDK it's like we weren't trying."

He also said he’s gonna finish strong and has “a few good years left”. So that’s good.
Yep. Said that first. Weird stock answer to start about feeling good about next year with the talent they have. Didn't sound like he believed that.

Are you allowed to secretly talk to coaches before you fire your current head coach? I'd love it if we could reach out to Vrabel/Harbaugh and see if they're interested before we officially let Nick go. I know that's sketchy, but wonder if they can at least talk to them

I think you either need an Elite coach, or Elite coordinators to win the SB in this league.

Nick is a good coach that could flourish with Elite co-ordinators.

But I don't have much confidence in us getting elite Co-ordinators, so I'm fine with us looking for an Elite coach for next year.

Users who are viewing this thread