What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (3 Viewers)

Our original 3rd rounder (the one we have left is the Foles comp pick) was the one traded for Slay (with a 5th) 
Yep, I had just forgotten about that.  Remembered when I saw only our Comp pick left.  That makes things pretty tough to move up.

I think we gotta just sit tight and hope the player is there and the cost to move up isn't much.  If not, trade the #### back out of 21.

Theory because this is definitely something I'd do I could see Howie doing. You think he Move up leak was more Howie looking to see what teams were asking for to trade down as a means to have a foundation what the Eagles might be able to get if they lowered their price slightly on trade down themselves? 

I'm liking Mims more myself (As you know not a huge Big12 player fan offensively). His drops issue the one year seems to be from a broken hand/Wrist. The dude catches anything thrown his way and his catch radius is ridiculous. Even for an Conference who's offense is like the Greatest Show on Turf on PEDs you can tell Mims will catch anything you throw to him. Terrific attitude on blocking as a WR, seems character wise a really good human being (Read the story of him at a bowling alley), I liked the tape I saw from him (one of those ok the Defense sucks but you can tell this dude has talent to even make a catch like that) and seems to like getting physical. Sign me up on him and if he pans out I suspect he'll be an Eagles fan favorite for yrs to come. 
I only watched 2019 of Mims and I'll say his hands are inconsistent.  One play he made one of the best sideline stretch, double toe tap catches you'll ever see.  About 3 plays later he drops a TD pass that hit him in the stomach.  He has long speed but not short area explosiveness, his track background is in the 200m.  I could see him leaving someone behind on a deep post if he gets singled, but doesn't have the kind of cushion eating explosion that Reagor does out of that 2nd tier group of WRs. 

Outside that top 4 though, they all have flaws and Mims is probably my favourite out of that group but I don't have strong convictions there.  If we can't get one of the Top 4, I'd like to have 2 of that group maybe by trading up in the 2nd after trading back in the 1st.

I'm kind of conflicted because on the other hand I don't want them to force a WR pick if there's a much better CB or DE available.  Not a great DE year though.  The lack of picks the last few years is really starting to show with the lack of young talent on most position groups in this team.

Here's the game I talked about, right at that highlight catch.  Watch a few more plays for the drop.

Another Mims breakdown.  I watch a bit of this guys stuff and find him pretty smart and balanced overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why people keep saying Reagor if we trade back. More I read it seems he's going in the top 20. Not a huge Hamler fan. I've stated before seems more all Athlete avg Football player. Really didn't like what I saw from Reagor vs the better Defenses. He looked slower and was contained better. Higgins IMHO has huge bust potential. Seemed to beat up on a lot of weak teams. Missed multiple plays in games from being knocked out the rest of the game or missing crucial minutes. Didn't miss a game he was able to play in college but the NFL is way more physical. He also seems afraid of contact not using his siize well I want Mims,Aiyuk, Sheanult and I'm thrilled. 
Was just listing a bunch of WR outside the top 4, dont overthink it

I only watched 2019 of Mims and I'll say his hands are inconsistent.  One play he made one of the best sideline stretch, double toe tap catches you'll ever see.  About 3 plays later he drops a TD pass that hit him in the stomach.  He has long speed but not short area explosiveness, his track background is in the 200m.  I could see him leaving someone behind on a deep post if he gets singled, but doesn't have the kind of cushion eating explosion that Reagor does out of that 2nd tier group of WRs. 

Outside that top 4 though, they all have flaws and Mims is probably my favourite out of that group but I don't have strong convictions there.  If we can't get one of the Top 4, I'd like to have 2 of that group maybe by trading up in the 2nd after trading back in the 1st.

I'm kind of conflicted because on the other hand I don't want them to force a WR pick if there's a much better CB or DE available.  Not a great DE year though.  The lack of picks the last few years is really starting to show with the lack of young talent on most position groups in this team.

Here's the game I talked about, right at that highlight catch.  Watch a few more plays for the drop.

Another Mims breakdown.  I watch a bit of this guys stuff and find him pretty smart and balanced overall.
Besides Chaisson I can’t see a DE even remotely worth that pick. And I’m not sure I’d feel all that strongly about a project like that. After Okudah and Henderson there’s a similar gap at CB. The guy that might be the value play if he’s there and a trade up/back isn’t possible is Xavier McKinney. They value the safety position and it’s begging for that pick investment 

Besides Chaisson I can’t see a DE even remotely worth that pick. And I’m not sure I’d feel all that strongly about a project like that. After Okudah and Henderson there’s a similar gap at CB. The guy that might be the value play if he’s there and a trade up/back isn’t possible is Xavier McKinney. They value the safety position and it’s begging for that pick investment 
Agree, I might take Chaisson there but don't feel strongly about it.  Nobody else would be worth it though.  If 2 CBs, 4 WRs and let's say 3 or 4 OTs, 3 DL and 3 QBs are gone though then someone will fall.

I'd like a WR, but as long as they pick a good player who's not a LB it will work out.

I honestly still think they make a veteran WR move at some point, since a rookie WR outside the top 4 isn't likely to do much this year anyway.

Agree, I might take Chaisson there but don't feel strongly about it.  Nobody else would be worth it though.  If 2 CBs, 4 WRs and let's say 3 or 4 OTs, 3 DL and 3 QBs are gone though then someone will fall.

I'd like a WR, but as long as they pick a good player who's not a LB it will work out.

I honestly still think they make a veteran WR move at some point, since a rookie WR outside the top 4 isn't likely to do much this year anyway.
I’ve taken a liking to Queen but there’s a push back to how much a LB can be beneficial in this defense and they don’t invest in them which brings the selection into question on multiple levels. Hicks was an asset. As was Bradham. Just don’t think a prospect on Queen’s level justifies the pick because it ties you into the investment 

I’ve taken a liking to Queen but there’s a push back to how much a LB can be beneficial in this defense and they don’t invest in them which brings the selection into question on multiple levels. Hicks was an asset. As was Bradham. Just don’t think a prospect on Queen’s level justifies the pick because it ties you into the investment 
I think this is a scheme that doesn't make great use of LBs.  We've had a great run defence for years under Schwartz with no name LBs.  There hasn't been one time I've watched this D where I've thought what was holding it back was linebacker play.  There are many other positions where that isn't true. 

Seattle's Cover 3 match, Tampa 2, Sean McDermott's D all require certain types of LBs but Schwartz doesn't seem to, so it's about opportunity cost of using a rare resource for a player that will probably have less value to us than to others.

I'd have no problem with taking a LB somewhere in 3-5 every 2nd year and hoping to get a guy like rookie Hicks for 4 years even if you're not going to pay them after that.  That's a much better value than this "let's develop a late round QB" delusion.

My GM mind struggles with the balance between BPA, scheme need and value thing. This isn’t the case this year but what if the by far BPA is a TE? There are so many dynamics at play but I’d have a hard time straying from my BPA evaluation in light of the year to year uncertainty 

I think this is a scheme that doesn't make great use of LBs.  We've had a great run defence for years under Schwartz with no name LBs.  There hasn't been one time I've watched this D where I've thought what was holding it back was linebacker play.  There are many other positions where that isn't true. 

Seattle's Cover 3 match, Tampa 2, Sean McDermott's D all require certain types of LBs but Schwartz doesn't seem to, so it's about opportunity cost of using a rare resource for a player that will probably have less value to us than to others.

I'd have no problem with taking a LB somewhere in 3-5 every 2nd year and hoping to get a guy like rookie Hicks for 4 years even if you're not going to pay them after that.  That's a much better value than this "let's develop a late round QB" delusion.

My GM mind struggles with the balance between BPA, scheme need and value thing. This isn’t the case this year but what if the by far BPA is a TE? There are so many dynamics at play but I’d have a hard time straying from my BPA evaluation in light of the year to year uncertainty 
I read somewhere that a few GMs were talking about they would rather take 10-12 WR before the first TE in this draft.

I've seen several mocks having us taking Kenneth Murray....
eagles dont draft lb in the first round

i keep seeing Aiyuk  at 21.  that seems like a reach to me too.  it really feels like another trade back year unless they really move up

And it was Mims before that and we’re linked to every WR there is. Know what that means? Brace yourself for a DT. The more I read about us linked to a WR the least likely I see us taking one at 21. 
lol.  we really dont need dline.  i would be ok with safety or another top player in a different position.  I just dont want the 5th or 6th ranked wr at 21.  its a dumb move. 

Still feeling like we are not staying put at 21, judging the chatter. I would pretty much hate a trade back unless we get a 2 this year or a 1 next year. I don't think we will be taking a DL with whatever our first pick is though, personally. There is youth there and talent. Not so much at CB or WR. 

There always needs to be balance.  People who say to just totally ignore need are dumb.  I like BPA strategy but of course there are exceptions like us this year with QB and TE.

What if with the first 2 picks we got the 5th and 6th best WRs? 🤔 
That would be awesome..... as long as that means we traded back from 21 and got those players with the extra pick we picked up.

Still feeling like we are not staying put at 21, judging the chatter. I would pretty much hate a trade back unless we get a 2 this year or a 1 next year. I don't think we will be taking a DL with whatever our first pick is though, personally. There is youth there and talent. Not so much at CB or WR. 
Ya I really don't see us staying at 21.  I don't want Jefferson.  A DE would totally be a type of pick we would do, but I just have a gut feeling its different this year.  Move up for WR if it's cheap enough is my dream.... if that doesn't work than move back and maybe pick up an extra 2.  If we can end up with 3 2nd rounders in this draft, I'm game. A team like Indy or Chicago gives us the best shot at that. 

@Bigboy10182000 Would 34+44=21?  Or 43+50=21?

So the first round of the 1989 draft was on TV the other night. Was looking at that draft and somehow the Eagles only made 4 picks in a 12 round draft. Went deeper and found they traded their 1st for Ron Solt (pick became Andre Rison), 4th for Ron Heller (good move), and their 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 for the Bears 3rd to get Britt Hager. Remaining picks were Jesse Small, Heath Sherman, and Robert Drummond. That has to be the worst draft ever, right?

So the first round of the 1989 draft was on TV the other night. Was looking at that draft and somehow the Eagles only made 4 picks in a 12 round draft. Went deeper and found they traded their 1st for Ron Solt (pick became Andre Rison), 4th for Ron Heller (good move), and their 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 for the Bears 3rd to get Britt Hager. Remaining picks were Jesse Small, Heath Sherman, and Robert Drummond. That has to be the worst draft ever, right?
Chip Kelly:

Hold my beer

2014 and 2015 could be worse.

Code:
2015	1	1	20	20	Nelson Agholor	WR	USC
 	2	2	15	47	Eric Rowe	DB	Utah
 	3	3	20	84	Jordan Hicks	LB	Texas
 	4	6	15	191	JaCorey Shepherd	DB	Kansas
 	5	6	20	196	Randall Evans	DB	Kansas State
 	6	7	20	237	Brian Mihalik	DE	Boston College
2014	1	1	26	26	Marcus Smith	DE	Louisville
 	2	2	10	42	Jordan Matthews	WR	Vanderbilt
 	3	3	22	86	Josh Huff	WR	Oregon
 	4	4	1	101	Jaylen Watkins	DB	Florida
 	5	5	1	141	Taylor Hart	DE	Oregon
 	6	5	22	162	Ed Reynolds	DB	Stanford
 	7	7	9	224	Beau Allen	DT	Wisconsin

lol.  we really dont need dline.  i would be ok with safety or another top player in a different position.  I just dont want the 5th or 6th ranked wr at 21.  its a dumb move. 
That’s the thing though.  Scratch the surface and we need almost everything.  Cox is 30 and Malik Jackson is probably only here this year.  If they want to extend Cox’s career, he needs to start playing a lot closer to 60% of snaps than 80%+

Unless they bring in some young talent this team could really hit the wall over the next couple of years as the likes of Cox & Slay decline, Graham & Kelce retire etc.

About the only positions I wouldn’t pick early are QB, TE and OT for existing players, and RB / LB for value.  They need young talent everywhere else, they just need it most at WR.

If you guys get Jefferson - I will be Sick. 
I want Dallas to take him - but pretty convinced we are going defense. 

That’s the thing though.  Scratch the surface and we need almost everything.  Cox is 30 and Malik Jackson is probably only here this year.  If they want to extend Cox’s career, he needs to start playing a lot closer to 60% of snaps than 80%+

Unless they bring in some young talent this team could really hit the wall over the next couple of years as the likes of Cox & Slay decline, Graham & Kelce retire etc.

About the only positions I wouldn’t pick early are QB, TE and OT for existing players, and RB / LB for value.  They need young talent everywhere else, they just need it most at WR.
I think that's why Howie was pretty quiet in FA this year.  They really do want to use these picks to get younger. Might suck in the short term, but we might have to take a step back to more forward here.

jasvic said:
Also Drew Rosenhaus first draft as an agent 

So what is a scenario or pick player wise would people do damage to their TV if they hear is drafted by the Eagles? 

A few for me. 

trading up for Reagor or taking Higgins. 

Trading back in the first round reaching for Hamler

Trading the farm to take CeeDee Lamb 

Ash said:

Agree 💯

So what is a scenario or pick player wise would people do damage to their TV if they hear is drafted by the Eagles? 

A few for me. 

trading up for Reagor or taking Higgins. 

Trading back in the first round reaching for Hamler

Trading the farm to take CeeDee Lamb 
I’d trade up for Lamb. He’s that good.

I’d trade up for Lamb. He’s that good.
You know me I'm hestitaint on taking guys from a conference where every offense looks like The Greatest Show on Turf on Steroids because D's are so bad. I wouldn't be mad if we traded up decent price but I'm not trading the farm for one player. Honestly if that were the case I'd have Just done the Hopkins trade. 

meh, trade a 1st next year to move up. We might not even have college football, that draft is gonna be such a crapshoot.

Long Ball Larry said:
2014 and 2015 could be worse.

2015 1 1 20 20 Nelson Agholor WR USC
2 2 15 47 Eric Rowe DB Utah
3 3 20 84 Jordan Hicks LB Texas
4 6 15 191 JaCorey Shepherd DB Kansas
5 6 20 196 Randall Evans DB Kansas State
6 7 20 237 Brian Mihalik DE Boston College
2014 1 1 26 26 Marcus Smith DE Louisville
2 2 10 42 Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
3 3 22 86 Josh Huff WR Oregon
4 4 1 101 Jaylen Watkins DB Florida
5 5 1 141 Taylor Hart DE Oregon
6 5 22 162 Ed Reynolds DB Stanford
7 7 9 224 Beau Allen DT Wisconsin

I dunno, when you trade half your draft for a crappy LB, tough to beat. Agholor, Hicks, Matthews and Allen were better players than any of the 4 they got in '89. I am unhealthily obsessed with a draft from 31 years ago. I just started getting into the Eagles the year before so didn't have any idea at the time how bad it was.

Rumor that we are moving Dillard to the Jets for #11. If we do, it could only mean they REALLY didn't like what they saw from him last year and are trying to sell high. Would leave us with a big hole (and, probably, a JP return), but could mean a real shot at CeeDee.

Rumor that we are moving Dillard to the Jets for #11. If we do, it could only mean they REALLY didn't like what they saw from him last year and are trying to sell high. Would leave us with a big hole (and, probably, a JP return), but could mean a real shot CeeDee.
I actually wouldn't mind this. Been reading a few things this off-season regarding his attitude, mainly being too passive. Would suck they blew another first round pick, but if it's true better to get something for him now.

Rumor that we are moving Dillard to the Jets for #11. If we do, it could only mean they REALLY didn't like what they saw from him last year and are trying to sell high. Would leave us with a big hole (and, probably, a JP return), but could mean a real shot at CeeDee.
Reading this now too.  Wow. 

Feel like this could be a Win-Win or a Lose-Lose.  Seems like a lot to give up.

Based on some rumors(however credible) I almost wonder if they might want to trade up, not for a WR, but for Isaiah Simmons, who seems to be in every, "this guy isn't going as high as people think" list.

I would agree, any Dillard deal is likely followed by a Peters re-signing(I'm shocked he's still out there) and possibly a round 2 OT pick.

Saw that we are interested in a Trent Williams trade.  Think WAS was looking for a 2nd.

Rumor that we are moving Dillard to the Jets for #11. If we do, it could only mean they REALLY didn't like what they saw from him last year and are trying to sell high. Would leave us with a big hole (and, probably, a JP return), but could mean a real shot CeeDee.
Anyone have a link to the emotional stuff that Dilliard struggled with last year that’s mentioned in the article?

Howie left the door open for JP for a reason. I know like 85% of the fan base is over JP, but I wouldn't mind bringing him back if it meant getting Lamb. Especially if we have picks 11 +21...

Seems like a lot for the Jets to give up.  If this were real, I’d expect there to be a pick going back to them as well.  If this were the case, I’d probably prefer they draft a T than a WR.  It’s a more important position.

Users who are viewing this thread