What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (3 Viewers)

Brandon Lee Gowton breakdown of replacements on the roster

tl;dr. Matt Pryor is probably the frontrunner, he got some snaps last year and didn't look terrible. His play is a big drop off from Brooks', though. He has good size, but not nearly as athletic as Brooks, which should hurt the run game more than the passing game. Will most likely be a competition between him, Sua Opeta and Nate Herbig.

When there are already questions as to how well Dillard is going to do at LT, this really hurts. Even if Pryor is serviceable, it kills our depth all along the line before the season even starts. I really hope they sign Peters back, just for more experienced bodies- I don't think they'd even consider him or Dillard at RG.
One of the good things is the Auburn T we drafted Prince (Can't remember his last name) who was at Auburn. Before he got hurt he was projected as a 3rd rounder this year. Many sites and experts believe he's the steal of the draft in later rounds. If Dillard doesn't succeed I think Prince takes over and I think his teammate who we drafted in the 5th or 6th round can play G who was suppose to be drafted earlier as well. 

Funny you should mention Chip because there's reports coming out of UCLA that the players no longer trust him that was in the LATimes the other day. Sounds very similar to the stuff from here and SF too. I think Chip Kelly's time as HC in football or at least American football has past it's due date. Maybe better luck in the CFL? Can't believe I really liked this guy back when he was at Oregon and thought he'd be great here. Boy was I wrong 
Many stumble in attempting to walk like Bill Belichick. BoB next on that list (off topic). I will never forgive Chip for how he got rid of Shady. Or Foles for that matter. Everything happens for a reason and all, but what a turd of a human/coach in my opinion. 

nightmare said:
The other side of the coin is what do the Eagles trade away for a one year rental that the Patriots would accept?
I think this stops a trade as much as anything.
Eagles don't have the cap room to take Thuney and they'd have to extend him to make it fit for the cap. There's some speculation that Brooks has contemplated early retirement. If the Eagles feel Brooks may retire after this latest injury then thats the only reason Thuney makes sense for the Eagles. 

As for a package would you guys take a 3rd Alshon and Sidney Jones? 

Blackbear said:
Goedertz would flourish through a trade, but I am not sure the value of a high end guard for a promising young TE. But from a need perspective seems to make sense. 
Eagles won't trade Goedertz. They love him. They know Ertz won't be around much longer and eventually one of the two will have to go. Ertz as good of a TE as he is will be on the wrong side of 30 soon. Trade makes sense in terms of the now for both teams but not the future on the Eagles side 

Many stumble in attempting to walk like Bill Belichick. BoB next on that list (off topic). I will never forgive Chip for how he got rid of Shady. Or Foles for that matter. Everything happens for a reason and all, but what a turd of a human/coach in my opinion. 
Shady I had no ill will towards them trading. From their point of view it made sense however to go sign Demarco for what they did just made it all seem like Bull####. Foles and DeSean yes I will never forgive him. The Stories I heard of Chip after he left are some down right awful stuff that he's lucky the players didn't go to the Union on. I think Lurie handled it the right way on how to get rid of him from a personal and fan perspective. 

I've said for awhile a lot of too many wannabe coaches who want to be like Bill however Ive heard from so many ex patriots who weren't drinking the kool aide up there being in NE isn't what it's all cracked up to be. The guys who defend Bill and "The Patriot Way" are just company kiss asses. You step out of line Bill and NE sends the hounds like Rodney Cheap shot Harrison and the bunch after you to make disparaging and more so then not deceatful and lies about the player or ex employee. All to protect the Patriot way. Has it been successful? You could say yes but I think for the next few yrs we are really gonna find out if "The Patriot Way" can hold up with them not having close to the success they've had for 2 decades straight now. Interested to see how much some of these newer players handle Bill and Company's Kool BS when the losses start to pile up. 

Eagles don't have the cap room to take Thuney and they'd have to extend him to make it fit for the cap. There's some speculation that Brooks has contemplated early retirement. If the Eagles feel Brooks may retire after this latest injury then thats the only reason Thuney makes sense for the Eagles. 

Thuney counts as $14 mill and the Eagles have $24 mill in cap space(overthecap.com). You would have to pay teams to take Alshon.
Another Houston to Cleveland cap relief deal. So, No.

I'll let you guys get back to Eagle talk.

Deamon said:
I didn't read this.  Were police at the scene when it happened?  I'd be surprised if he was hit and laying on the ground unconscious for the 10 or so minutes it would take for police to be called, arrive, and find him.
I recall reading the police arrived to find a man unconscious. No reference to if it was him or not, but he does appear to be knocked unconscious in the video

Eagles won't trade Goedertz. They love him. They know Ertz won't be around much longer and eventually one of the two will have to go. Ertz as good of a TE as he is will be on the wrong side of 30 soon. Trade makes sense in terms of the now for both teams but not the future on the Eagles side 
Yeah they should trade Ertz to the Pat's. 

Yeah they should trade Ertz to the Pat's. 
Not saying they should. All I'm saying is Goedertz is the better I think overall player skill wise. Ertz is a good intermediate guy but he's not a great blocker (Has made strides) where Goedertz is a great inline blocker, can get better RAC etc. Ertz is a great player but he's more of a volume guy. Nothing wrong with that. I love Ertz but both he and Goedertz deals are up at the same time. With the Eagles cap situation they won't be able to afford both. I could see Ertz being traded mid season of that year if the Eagles aren't in contention or before the last year of his deal at the draft if the Eagles end up taking a TE in that draft or sign one in FA. 

I just think trading either guy to the Pats is dumb right now. Makes sense in terms of needs for both teams now but overall for the Eagles future wise it makes absolutely zero sense. 

Not saying they should. All I'm saying is Goedertz is the better I think overall player skill wise. Ertz is a good intermediate guy but he's not a great blocker (Has made strides) where Goedertz is a great inline blocker, can get better RAC etc. Ertz is a great player but he's more of a volume guy. Nothing wrong with that. I love Ertz but both he and Goedertz deals are up at the same time. With the Eagles cap situation they won't be able to afford both. I could see Ertz being traded mid season of that year if the Eagles aren't in contention or before the last year of his deal at the draft if the Eagles end up taking a TE in that draft or sign one in FA. 

I just think trading either guy to the Pats is dumb right now. Makes sense in terms of needs for both teams now but overall for the Eagles future wise it makes absolutely zero sense. 
It makes sense for the Eagles but probably not for the Pat's. Getting Goedert on the field more while trading your 30 something TE with his heavy price tag and fixing the giant hole you have in your OL can't be a bad thing. 

Of course it would take a pick or two added from Philly.......

It makes sense for the Eagles but probably not for the Pat's. Getting Goedert on the field more while trading your 30 something TE with his heavy price tag and fixing the giant hole you have in your OL can't be a bad thing. 

Wouldn't call it a "HUGE HOLE" on the OL.  It's someone playing between a pro bowl center and pro bowl RT.  Thuney for Ertz PLUS 2 picks? You're out of your mind.

Ertz plus picks for Thuney? Yeah that won't happen. It'd be a straight swap with maybe teams trading picks with it being higher for performance based or something. The Eagles don't necessarily desperately need Thuney either. Pats need a TE. 

Ertz plus picks for Thuney? Yeah that won't happen. It'd be a straight swap with maybe teams trading picks with it being higher for performance based or something. The Eagles don't necessarily desperately need Thuney either. Pats need a TE. 
Yeah Ertz isn't really that valuable at this point. It would take a pick imo for sure. If it's like you say and the Eagles don't really need Thuney then there probably won't be much discussion. They're reaching out though so I suspect the Eagles don't share your thoughts on Thuney. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Tra Thomas breaks down Matt Pryor's snaps from last year.

Tra has started posting film on youtube, breaking down Oline play. This one is a breakdown of Matt Pryor- looks very encouraging.

I was wrong earlier when I said he'd struggle more in the run game, due to his lack of athleticism. He looks like a beast! He doesn't have the speed/quick feet Brooks has in pulling out and setting the edge on the second level, but he is solid in the run game.

His hiccups came in pass protection, either stunts and twists, or getting beat by pure speed. Getting to play the whole season between Kelce and Lane, I feel pretty confident he will be solid.

----------------------------

If you're looking for more good news:

Tra's breakdown on Dillard

Biggest knock on Dillard, besides looking awful at RT, is his ability to handle the bullrush. Apparently, he is up to 335 lbs. this season, and Brooks said he got rid of his "college noodle body." O-line has a better than average chance to remain great. Now, we just need a season.

They're reaching out though so I suspect the Eagles don't share your thoughts on Thuney. 
Link? 

They have not reached out at all, why do you even make this stuff up? 

The only rumour was Albert Breer saying ""Would they take a big swing on someone like New England’s franchise-tagged All-Pro guard, Joe Thuney? Based on what I know … I think they’d at least explore it".

That is one dude saying he thinks they might.  Where do you get this stuff lol

No one in their right mind is going to trade for Alshon Jefferey 

Yeah Ertz isn't really that valuable at this point. It would take a pick imo for sure. If it's like you say and the Eagles don't really need Thuney then there probably won't be much discussion. They're reaching out though so I suspect the Eagles don't share your thoughts on Thuney. 
No they have not. An NFL Network guy said he'd be a fit and make sense and speculated if the Eagles don't like their guys in Camp they could reach out. Also I know one of the coaches and this just isn't accurate at all. Right now they are happy with what they have in house. 

There is no z in his name

I guess it’s more to the story than Dallas Goedert being out with his family that night.   He and his friends had been at a different bar and had argument with the sucker puncher’s group.  The sucker puncher and his friend left that bar (or were kicked out) and went to a different bar.  So happens, Goedert’s group ended up later at that  bar and we saw what happened there.   I just watched TMZ’s segment on it, and here is an article from their site:

TMZ Dallas Goedert

I guess it’s more to the story than Dallas Goedert being out with his family that night.   He and his friends had been at a different bar and had argument with the sucker puncher’s group.  The sucker puncher and his friend left that bar (or were kicked out) and went to a different bar.  So happens, Goedert’s group ended up later at that  bar and we saw what happened there.   I just watched TMZ’s segment on it, and here is an article from their site:

TMZ Dallas Goedert
Heard from one of my Eagles sources the dude was being disrespectful to Goedert and his friends or the group was. Per another person the group harassing Dallas' group has been causing issues before in the area so the manager in charge of the bar kicked them out of the first bar as other groups and patrons had complained about them being rude, disrespectful and using some choice foul language I won't even repeat on here. Dallas and his group ended up at another bar but unfortunately group who harassed them was there. The dude Goedert put his hand on was more of trying to push the guy away as he came up to them looking for a fight. The dude interviewed here was one of the bigger instigators looking for a fight. He thought he could pick a fight with someone but his group picked the wrong group of people who fought back. Now he's trying to play "The Victim Card" because he couldn't take the heat that came back his way. Kyle Hadala the dude arrested has a record already in FL as well. 

Heard from one of my Eagles sources the dude was being disrespectful to Goedert and his friends or the group was. Per another person the group harassing Dallas' group has been causing issues before in the area so the manager in charge of the bar kicked them out of the first bar as other groups and patrons had complained about them being rude, disrespectful and using some choice foul language I won't even repeat on here. Dallas and his group ended up at another bar but unfortunately group who harassed them was there. The dude Goedert put his hand on was more of trying to push the guy away as he came up to them looking for a fight. The dude interviewed here was one of the bigger instigators looking for a fight. He thought he could pick a fight with someone but his group picked the wrong group of people who fought back. Now he's trying to play "The Victim Card" because he couldn't take the heat that came back his way. Kyle Hadala the dude arrested has a record already in FL as well. 
Who knows... this is a very opposite story from his.

I'm pretty confident that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, and both sides are likely partly to blame for the situation escalating like it did.

Who knows... this is a very opposite story from his.

I'm pretty confident that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, and both sides are likely partly to blame for the situation escalating like it did.
To an extent yes however the dude who was arrested already has a record in FL if I'm not mistaken. I did hear that Dallas group was yelling stuff back at the other group but it was more of the usual "yeah real tough trying to gang up on people." "Are you really gonna try to fight an athlete and his friends?" "All talk no action as usual for you guys." etc type stuff. You could say that's instigating maybe. If the group in the bar kicked out was as bad as I've heard, well I'm not sure why the bar manager didn't just call the cops so these clowns couldn't go cause issues elsewhere. Because thats what I'd have done and have seen done in some places I've been too. I know I know some people hate getting cops involved as it looks bad on their business but sometimes you gotta suck it up and do what's best for everyone not just you. 

Well Carson Wentz looks like a bargain now. 10/$450 for Patrick Mahomes  largest contract in American Sports history. 

Mahomes contract update: - 10yr/$503 million extension - $477 million in guarantees - First 500 million dollar player in sports history - Highest contract in sports history - First time an NFL player has had the richest contract in all of sports

Mahomes contract update: - 10yr/$503 million extension - $477 million in guarantees - First 500 million dollar player in sports history - Highest contract in sports history - First time an NFL player has had the richest contract in all of sports
my jaw literally dropped reading that. also, a 10 year contract in the NFL??? NFL owners getting silly with their money, this can't end well. err, it will for Patrick, not for the team or the league. All this does is move the scale and get marginal talents paid way more than they deserve. okay, i'm done being a hater. good for Patrick.

my jaw literally dropped reading that. also, a 10 year contract in the NFL??? NFL owners getting silly with their money, this can't end well. err, it will for Patrick, not for the team or the league. All this does is move the scale and get marginal talents paid way more than they deserve. okay, i'm done being a hater. good for Patrick.
The terms, from what I understand from Twitter and authoritative contract parsers, is that it's a small guaranteed salary per year, limited signing bonus, and that most of the money is tied to very, very large roster bonuses with very little dead cap money.

So Mahomes is betting he's worth it to make the team each year, essentially. It becomes, to most involved, a series of one-year deals with options. The same thing that Pittsburgh was trying to sell Le'Veon Bell. It's the terms and outs that are important to NFL contracts, which are byzantine as all get-out. 

Pigskin Fanatic said:
Its actually 12 more years lol

Users who are viewing this thread