What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2020 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Humanity will never recover from the most horrible event to happen in the last 100 years: Doug Pederson pla (2 Viewers)

Brees was tone deaf. Not remotely hateful or prejudiced in content but certainly tone deaf.

Jackson said Jews are part of a conspiracy to blackmail America and shared a quote he thought belonged to Hitler

I don’t believe Jackson should be released and cancelled and am glad he looks to have opened himself to being educated after being immature in his initial apology and liking statements saying he did nothing wrong—but the comments, content wise, are not in the same universe.

It would be like if Brees shared a George Wallace quote about how race mixing is the death of America or something

That said I hope this can be put behind for DJax and am happy that anti Semites like Stephen Jackson have been exposed. Doesn’t help any movement to have a man like that as a spokesman

Also: Not a Trump fan in the slightest and not sure how he relates here but I’ll be genuinely stunned if you can find a quote of him referencing Hitler in support of his thoughts on a Jewish global conspiracy to destroy America. Maybe Alex Jones has said something like that
He never said Jews are part of a conspiracy to blackmail America, he clicked share on a quote that said that.  Again, if you don't believe him in his statement that he didn't fully understand the quote, that's your prerogative.  Knowing all we do about him, my strong belief (it may not be correct) is that he didn't fully understand it.  He's dumb for sharing it, just as Drew is dumb for his comments.  I agree that Djax was "dumber" though, and was a worse mistake, and agree that he should have gotten the punishment he did.

He never said Jews are part of a conspiracy to blackmail America, he clicked share on a quote that said that.  Again, if you don't believe him in his statement that he didn't fully understand the quote, that's your prerogative.  Knowing all we do about him, my strong belief (it may not be correct) is that he didn't fully understand it.  He's dumb for sharing it, just as Drew is dumb for his comments.  I agree that Djax was "dumber" though, and was a worse mistake, and agree that he should have gotten the punishment he did.
Fair enough I don’t believe either Desean or Brees meant malice just that sharing a quote isn’t really that different from quoting and that Brees’ job after was to apologize and do some good PR

Jackson needed a bit more PR and some team involvement and looks like he got it

Like you said his #### up was harder to defend but better for him to be educated than cancelled and it looks like he has

Trump has a history of race related issues with Jews and properties of his. I have friends from college who are from Germany who were scared to death of Trump. People in Germany have said he's a wannabe Hitler. His ex wife has said he has a copy of Mein Keumf next to his bed side. Trump called alter right wingers, Klan Members, Nazis etc at the riots in Charloteville Very fine people. He also has a history of not condemning White Supremacy violatnts. A German friend of mine during his campaign gave me a side by side comparison graph of Trump's 2016 Campaign for office compared to Hitler's campaign for the 3rd Reich. On of those names on Top left side had the topic and then their column of what they promised. Essentially most of Trumps promises were similar to Hitlers just Replace Jews with Muslims and Mexicans. If I can find the graph I'd be happy to DM it to you 
Wrong thread for this stuff dude.

Trump has a history of race related issues with Jews and properties of his. I have friends from college who are from Germany who were scared to death of Trump. People in Germany have said he's a wannabe Hitler. His ex wife has said he has a copy of Mein Keumf next to his bed side. Trump called alter right wingers, Klan Members, Nazis etc at the riots in Charloteville Very fine people. He also has a history of not condemning White Supremacy violatnts. A German friend of mine during his campaign gave me a side by side comparison graph of Trump's 2016 Campaign for office compared to Hitler's campaign for the 3rd Reich. On of those names on Top left side had the topic and then their column of what they promised. Essentially most of Trumps promises were similar to Hitlers just Replace Jews with Muslims and Mexicans. If I can find the graph I'd be happy to DM it to you 
Keep politics out of the Shark Pool

so...

What do we think Baldinger is referring to for the Eagles this week?  Adams or Clowney the big names. As much as I like Adams, I don't think the cost (trade and salary) is a good move..

I was using Brees as an example because of how people defended him. I mean even Trump defended him which I'm surprised he didn't support DeSean here because Trump has made similar comments about Jews in the past in the 90s. But thats here nor there right now. My Brees comment was more or less saying all these people defending Brees but are made at DeSean are hypocrites with double standards. Not arguing how much worse one or the other is but both were ignorant at the time they came out. People should be upset with both of them. Point is neither guy was right so if someone is gonna defend Brees and not Jackson they are a hypocrite. It's not about Patriotism with Brees as much as it was about Brees being ignorant, tone deaf and trying to devalue the cause. At the Same time Jackson was ignorant and should make better choices. Like I've Said here I think I know what he was trying to get at but used the completely wrong people for it  
I'll defend Brees... I don't think he did or said anything wrong.  Just stated his beliefs. But, in this day and age, you're better off keeping your opinion to yourself and that is truly unfortunate.

I would say that Drew could have been more sensitive... I can't explain Desean.   Order(s) of magnitude worse and, no, I don't feel like a hypocrite.

Am I the only one who scrolls past dJackson10's posts? Not that he's a bad dude or anything...the rambling 30 line diatribes with only 3 sentences in them are just so....hard....to .......read! 
I am 100% sure you're not the only one.  I don't think anyone reads them.  I've suggested he shorten them so that people will actually enjoy reading and engage in conversations with him, and he started to for a bit but he's back to that.  It's unfortunate... good guy, but wasting his time as no one reads them.

Don't let his posts scare you away from this thread.  We miss you in here!

so...

What do we think Baldinger is referring to for the Eagles this week?  Adams or Clowney the big names. As much as I like Adams, I don't think the cost (trade and salary) is a good move..
Curious on this as well.  THe article I read seems to think its JP.  But I feel its a bigger splash than that.  HAS to be Yannick, Clowney, Adams, or a RB.

so...

My first thought was Jason Peters being resigned, so not expecting anything huge.

Honestly I don't even think I want any of them.  Maybe JP if he's back as a backup in case Dillard struggles, be we MUST get these young guys sopme time.  We're not a Super Bowl team - but we have promising young talent at lots of positions. Let's see which ones develop into cheap starters, and which can't hack it.  At some point you have to trust your personnel, or if not then overhaul your personnel department.

Got an email from the Eagles today for STH. 

"As our preparations for the 2020 season continue, please know that we are working closely with league and government officials to make all necessary adjustments with the health and safety of our fans, employees, players and community as our top priority.

We have been discussing and will continue to plan for all possible scenarios, but in order to facilitate new policies and safety measures, we are anticipating certain seating areas to be unavailable. As many teams have also communicated in recent weeks, there is a chance we will have to significantly reduce the stadium’s seating capacity.

At this time, you may have questions about how that would impact your experience as a season ticket member. We will communicate more information as the season approaches and our plans take shape.

We understand that, even with safety measures in place, you may have concerns about attending games in person. As such, we would like to offer you the option to defer your Season Tickets for the 2020 season. If you choose this option, we will pause your account for 2020 and resume your account in 2021 with the same seat locations you would have had in 2020.  If applicable, your SBL and any other ticket or club seat license agreement will remain in effect and you will resume season ticket purchases in 2021.

To opt-out of the 2020 season, please Click Here, log into your Eagles Account Manager and complete the opt-out form. Any monies paid to date can either be applied to the 2021 season or refunded. Please complete this form by Wednesday, July 15th. We will send you an email confirming your opt-out within 10 business days of your submission.

If you do not want to opt-out, no action is required at this time."

Now the question.  Should I opt-out?  I normally resell most of the tickets.  If there is limited capacity, the tickets could be a hot commodity, or they could be unsellable due to COVID.  Decisions, decisions. 
Hey @Snotbubbles and @The Noid, did you guys decide what you're doing?  My uncle-in-law and sister-in-law each opted out of their pairs of tickets but I haven't decided yet.  Need to let them know tomorrow.

Honestly I don't even think I want any of them.  Maybe JP if he's back as a backup in case Dillard struggles, be we MUST get these young guys sopme time.  We're not a Super Bowl team - but we have promising young talent at lots of positions. Let's see which ones develop into cheap starters, and which can't hack it.  At some point you have to trust your personnel, or if not then overhaul your personnel department.
Yannick and Jamal Adams are 24 years old... still young.

Yannick and Jamal Adams are 24 years old... still young.
right but "cheap starters" is key. When you have a 30 million dollar QB, the only way to build a winning team is to have young, CHEAP (mid round rookies) that contribute. You can afford to pay for a nice supporting cast when your QB is on his rookie deal. When he gets paid - you have to get more frugal. And all our high priced guys have so many dummy years tacked onto their contract, it's hard to just cut them.  We probably HAVE to carry over the cap room this year.

Hey @Snotbubbles and @The Noid, did you guys decide what you're doing?  My uncle-in-law and sister-in-law each opted out of their pairs of tickets but I haven't decided yet.  Need to let them know tomorrow.
I opted out, too. They confirmed 7/15 was a solid date and the only chance to do so (unless all fans wind up not being allowed) and that it was all your seats or none.

“Source: The #Eagles agreed to terms with OL Jason Peters on a one-year contract to play right guard. Big signing.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's how I think this went down: Peters wanted to be a starter, but no starting offers at tackle came up. Maybe a few "compete for the job" opportunities were out there, along with salary that would reflect that, so he wasn't keen on them. And the Eagles weren't looking to bring him back as a starter because they have to commit to Dillard at this point. So with no starting role available, Peters probably just decided to wait and see if the Eagles got a better look at Dillard and panicked, or another team had an LT go down that needed a starter to step in ASAP. But then Brandon Brooks went down and it gave him two things he still wanted: a starting job and staying in Philly. 

Great news.  Win-Win all around.  Peters will be a huge upgrade at Guard, can help/mentor Dillard a bit (or jump in if needed), and wasn't that expensive.

Gonna go out on a limb and say the NFL will have fans in week 9 and we will for our next home game after that, on Monday night against Seattle. 

If some locations don't allow fans, I don't see how the NFL can allow any teams to have fans.
Assuming we get to a point where there are games.....

The money teams will bring in with fans will be hard for them to turn away. 
I don't think there's a choice.. Not wanting to pun, but there has to be a level playing field. Everyone plays in their home stadium or no one does. Everyone has fans or no one does.

(It seems now  like  states will let the teams play in their stadium, though that could change with the virus. With all personnel, you probably have  "large gathering" of 200 people)

But still seems like under 50% to me that the season happens. :(  

I don't think there's a choice.. Not wanting to pun, but there has to be a level playing field. Everyone plays in their home stadium or no one does. Everyone has fans or no one does.

(It seems now  like  states will let the teams play in their stadium, though that could change with the virus. With all personnel, you probably have  "large gathering" of 200 people)

But still seems like under 50% to me that the season happens. :(  
I don’t know if it’s been updated but at one time like a month ago the Texas Governor said his stadiums could operate at 50% capacity. He may have changed his stance since though 

For parity, it just takes one state with a team to not allow. CA has three teams and they're not even allowing haircuts again in part of the state. But things can - and hopefully will - improve again.

For parity, it just takes one state with a team to not allow. CA has three teams and they're not even allowing haircuts again in part of the state. But things can - and hopefully will - improve again.
I think it might take more then one....  But, is NY going to allow it? If Giants/Jets shut it down, and LA/SF/Oakland (or are they in Vegas this year? I don't know when that move is).  You get half a dozen - now its not one team, its a good chunk of the league, and the integrity of the season would be in serious doubt.

I think it might take more then one....  But, is NY going to allow it? If Giants/Jets shut it down, and LA/SF/Oakland (or are they in Vegas this year? I don't know when that move is).  You get half a dozen - now its not one team, its a good chunk of the league, and the integrity of the season would be in serious doubt.
I don't know that 25-50% attendance will be that big of a deal

I don't know that 25-50% attendance will be that big of a deal
I was just out listening to the radio and people were split.One of the hosts said he was ok with it because, in the end, he thought attendance would only be allowed at 10-15%.
But, are you really ok with Eagles going to Arlington with some level of Cowboy fans in the building, while Cowboys play in an empty-of-fans Linc?

I'm going to try to not worry about it til it is a thing. Need to see how many teams have same restriction and whether the season is/remains viable.

I was just out listening to the radio and people were split.One of the hosts said he was ok with it because, in the end, he thought attendance would only be allowed at 10-15%.
But, are you really ok with Eagles going to Arlington with some level of Cowboy fans in the building, while Cowboys play in an empty-of-fans Linc?

I'm going to try to not worry about it til it is a thing. Need to see how many teams have same restriction and whether the season is/remains viable.
Personally I don’t think 50% attendance is enough to warrant an advantage even if we assume every fan is a Cowboys fan. Surly there will be Eagles cans there as well. Either ones who live there or ones who travel for the game. 

OK. I see it differently, but guess we'l see how it plays out....
Maybe Philly will roll it back. My guess is they came out so far in advance because some big events like the parades would have to start doing prep and spending money soon for something that won't happen

NY would have no say since they play in NJ. Thankfully, my state has been pretty smart about this so far and have been trending down lately on new infections. Wouldn't be surprised if they follow Philly's lead and do the same. It's the right call since the leagues are too greedy to stop themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread