What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Prevalence of Self-Reported Physical Inactivity* Among US Adults by State and Territory, 2015–2018 (1 Viewer)

bigbottom

Footballguy
https://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/data/inactivity-prevalence-maps/index.html

Across States and Territories

All states and territories had more than 15% of adults who were physically inactive.

In 4 states (Colorado, Washington, Utah, and Oregon) and the District of Columbia, 15% to less than 20% of adults were physically inactive.

In 24 states, 20% to less than 25% of adults were physically inactive.

In 15 states, 25% to less than 30% of adults were physically inactive.

In 7 states (Tennessee, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Alabama, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Mississippi), and 2 US territories (Puerto Rico, and Guam), 30% or more of adults were physically inactive.

The South (28.0%) had the highest prevalence of physical inactivity, followed by the Northeast (25.6%), Midwest (25.0%), and the West (20.5%).

i tell ya, there will be a day in the not-too-distant future when NDakota will just be a drone camp - miles & miles of barracks where useless folk are given food/web/weed to stay out of the way of folks who wanna do stuff

i tell ya, there will be a day in the not-too-distant future when NDakota will just be a drone camp - miles & miles of barracks where useless folk are given food/web/weed to stay out of the way of folks who wanna do stuff
Isn't that the oil-rich area of America, or am I stuck in the aughts here? Either way, I see that as a possibility.

But back to rates of inactivity. I was just looking in the mirror, and...

whoa. Was seriously thinking I look out of place in CA. 

The title of the survey is interesting. It sounds like we're militarizing public health with the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System. Sounds awfully like we're ready for the big takeover or something like it. Just sold differently than that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
and there's a whole nuther thing about having moved indoors - our entire endocrinology is keyed by our relationship to light, for the sensors which tell our bodies the season are cued by measuring the relationship between light and darkness each day. my research scientist father - whose whole career was about light (invented the grow light) - believes it to be no coincidence that the two most explosive medical conditions since the Industrial Revolution moved us indoors - cancer and mental imbalance - have deep basis in endocrinology. when his company developed full-spectrum lighting - which the eye reads as sunlight and not candlelight or darkness - they did a study on the outdoor patterns of Americans. San Diego led the nation's cities w 25 MINUTES daily outdoor recreation

In all seriousness, BB, is there a reason why the asterisk is there for physical inactivity.? Is it a caution to check the definition or merely a way to set off your subtitle for formatting purposes of the board?

I see that it's either definitional, or the title of presser. From the site, the bolded:

Prevalence of Self-Reported Physical Inactivity* Among US Adults by State and Territory, BRFSS, 2015–2018

*Respondents were classified as physically inactive if they responded “no” to the following question: “During the past month, other than your regular job, did you participate in any physical activities or exercises such as running, calisthenics, golf, gardening, or walking for exercise?”

Last edited by a moderator:
In other news....

In 2017 alone, an average U.S. consumer spent 238 minutes (3h 58min) daily watching TV. According to a Nielsen report, United States adults are watching five hours and four minutes of television per day on average (35.5 h/week, slightly more than 77 days per year).
:o

Users who are viewing this thread