What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New to Dynasty (1 Viewer)

This is my first offseason as a Dynasty owner.  Would giving up Aaron Jones, 2.2 (14 overall), and D-Hop for McCaffrey and Robert Woods in .5 PPR be too much to give up?

I have Jones and Dhop and if I was offered that trade I would seriously consider it as McCaffrey was huge points scorer in our .5ppr for RB's league. A.Jones does concern me as much of his scoring was TD dependent, but he did get some good games yardage as well. It really comes down to will you be happy with Woods as your WR1 as I'm sure Dhop is your WR1 now. 

If it was me I would take the trade for the value of McCaffrey and the volume he has in that offense. 

As you evaluate, remember Carolina has a new coach - could impact McCaffrey usage.
This is a great point.

Few coaches will use the RB as much as Norv Turner will. He went to Washington. Could be good for Guice if he ever gets healthy.

As for the OP question I think it is a very fair offer. Both WR will be going into their age 28 season and both RB are still young. I can see taking either side of this deal and being ok with it.

Jonesin For Some Football said:
This is my first offseason as a Dynasty owner.  Would giving up Aaron Jones, 2.2 (14 overall), and D-Hop for McCaffrey and Robert Woods in .5 PPR be too much to give up?
I'd make that deal. CMC is by the best player in the deal by a significant margin, and also the youngest (other than the draft pick). Hopkins is 4 years older than him. Jones is 1.5 years older than him, it's less clear if he'll hang on to a starting or workhorse job long-term, and his value has relied more on his QB. CMC+Woods have outscored Jones+Hopkins each of the past 2 seasons, by something like 80 points each year.

Users who are viewing this thread